>Hey have you guys seen Rick & Morty?
>Proceeds to make shitty quips and references

>want is

I've been drinking

Me too, OP.

>Setting where gods exist and influence the world
>"My character is an atheist"

>Here is a bunch of setting info guys
>Hey quit metagaming! Your character doesn't know any of this.
>here is some more setting info btw aren't I smart.

Sometimes I want to go back to ForeverDM

Why not tough? I mean, there are games that do that well and others that don't.

I fucking hate this

also
>there is a good god
>there is an evil god
>one person in the party wants to do shit with the evil god

FUCKING STOP

i'm dealing with this right now

>end of campaign
>final battle with Evil Guy
>"Hey, Evil guy can I join you?"
>"Why are y'all angry? Its what my character would dooooo."

>there is a good god
>there is an evil god
Sounds shit

Run the most 80s Pink Mohawk game of Shadowrun for them, boom, they get their wacky adventures in a game that's actually intended for it.

Read terry pratchet for inspiration on what to do with that character

>My character's a fat merchant with gout/one-legged scribe/dedicated cobbler with a family and no reason or ability to leave the city, let alone go on an adventure. Aren't I clever for subverting expectations?
>Yeah I know we agreed on a combat-heavy megadungeon.

>EVERYONE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ME AT ADVENTURING SHIT UNFAIR GM REEEEEEEEEEE

>GM unwilling to display any degree levity or self-awareness

>Gods like to see an atheist around. Gives them something to aim at.

Lightning strikes aren't much of a theological argument...

>openly state to players that I want to run a survival campaign with limited food & water, harsh weather, and plenty of dungeon crawling and brawling
>"my character is going to be a senile old blind man!"
>"and my character is going to be a mute!"

>The GM must always run any campaign the players want even if they don't want to run a particular type of game.
>None of the other players must ever step up and GM a campaign.

Communicate with your groups and discuss wants and expectations.
You're both insufferable passive-aggressive pussy manchild garbage humans.

>Don't inhale until the tip glows

He could just be a character that wouldn't worship anything no matter how powerful or provably real it is. The problem is if he refuses to acknowledge their existence.

>those arent gods, they are just super beings, i refuse to acknowledge them as divine, despite their power

>Setting where gods have clearly never existed
>world is obviously chaotic and not beneficent to humans
>"My character worships an omnipotent all-loving god"

>bitches about theists
>posts a picture of an angel from Christian mythology
It's too late for us to help you, the retardation has metastasized.

I think maybe he was being ironic. That lack of self awareness otherwise would come from someone too inept to hit "Post"

It's irony.

I'm capable of using it because I'm smarter and more self-aware than you.

MORE IRONY

I was actually in a game where the GM rolled for random events and one of them had Rick and Morty show up. It was D&D. Didn't show up for the second session

>>group want's to go on 'le wacky adventure'
>open lotfp folder

>why would my character go with the others on their adventure

Honestly that sounds like it has potential.

>Does something absolutely terrible to the group/an NPC
>"It's what my character would do."
>It's actually not
>They're just being wacky lolsorandom adventurers

>Making PCs

>Neutral Good Rogue
>Lawful Good Warlock
>Neutral Good Bard
Ok we're doing good so far...
>Last guy
>Lawful Evil Paladin Pirate Atheist Dragonborne
I. Shit. You. Not.

Divine or not, "God" is the word we use to categorize beings such as these.

>Group wants to buy an Airship
>Group wants to become SKY PIRATES

Because OP needs Veeky Forums's approval so as to cultivate a sense of self-righteousness to hide the fact that he's just being passive aggressive over the idea that being part of a group sometimes means doing what people other than yourself want.

I'd ban that nigga

What precisely is wrong with that?

He's the downsy/retarded brother of another party member we all like so...

>solving puzzle
>group: hurr only 2 enjoy this shit
>puzzle sucks
>fuck puzzles

RIP

Make a god of atheism that insists he's not real.

>play as LG character
>most party is neutral or good
>one person is 'le chaotic neutral'
>entire party dies except you
>everyone decides to also do "le chaotic neutral"
>get attacked by party for rest of the game for not wanting to start wars and murder children

Have a God directly and with his knowing fuck up his life. That'll show him God is real.

>Party member being held by guards on suspicion of crimes he didn't commit
>Go to try and talk our way out of it
>NG rogue comes along to help
>Guards get a bit defensive at the sight of us
>They think we're accomplices
>NG rogue takes this as to mean we're fighting
>Fucking stabs a guard unprovoked
>Insta kills him
>Get chased out of town by a whole garrison of goddamn guards, nearly dying in the process

>"It's what my character would do."
>His NG character
>That just murdered a guard in cold blood

Honestly I think speaking the words "That's what my character would do" should instakill your character.

>smartass who watched harmonquest tries to come up with character quirks he took from the show
>no one laughs or is amused by his antics

>not wanting to sail the seven skies
If I had an airship, I wouldn't let it gather dust in the garage.

yeah they are

>last to roll up a character
>ask what everyone else is playing as
>two of them are playing NG and two are playing CE
>just decide to role up a CN barb who's too dumb to really know what's going on to try to wash my hands of having any moral agency in this clusterfuck
>the 'good' characters just go along with what the evil characters suggest anyway when they're not suggesting their own evil shit

>PC brings a Lawful Good Paladin to a game with some evil PCs
>whines about how it won't make sense for him to travel with evil people and that they'll ruin the game
>He ends up being way more cruel and evil than any of the evil character
>Murders someone he was hired to protect because he was bored
>First thought on escaping the a cruise ship to save civilians is to start looting it for valuables while our Warlock and Assassin are making sure the townsfolk are ok
>throws a civilian overboard that laughs when he claims he's good.

>"If you can't beat 'em...
>Proceeds to sacrifice virgin to God of Pain.

I get it that Rick & Morty is the bee's knees and it's hot to rage on em,
Or
I get that Rick & Morty is another Reference: the Show, only more clever about it,

Well, nothing. I enjoyed the episodes, but I'm not going to defend which can be broken down into "reference". We've got enough of those in standard D&D sessions.

What's the global fucking fascination with that series, anyway?

Have you watched it?

I guess because it's somewhat imaginative (emphasis on somewhat) and has the designated "ah but there's actually deep lore" moments so they can get away with the fact they have a status quo just like every other adult cartoon show.

I mean there are some great episodes but there are some equally shit ones.

Necoho

No, that's why I'm asking. Everyone in my circle of acquaintancies are gushing over it, I don't have the time to get into it right now, and from the outside it looks like "meek little dude travels in time and space with a character who's basically The Doctor if he was a sadistic alcoholic."

The last time I saw a cartoon garner this much sudden star power, it was fucking MLP.

Why don't you kill such character according to their behaviour ? Let them know what happen when you do that kind of shit : you die. Roll another faggot. Are you afraid of your players ?

I have a bee in my bonnet about it because it panders heavily to the malaise and aimlessness that seems to plague millennials, and is therefore hailed as a brilliant show because it affirms that they're smart for having such a spineless outlook.

Funny show though. I have a soft spot for Justin Roiland's petulant, spazzoid mania which comes out in his work a lot.

Who the fuck is arguing that Rick and Morty has "deep lore"?

It's a wacky bullshit sci-fi comedy show, that occasionally veers into humour so dark you're not sure if it's a joke anymore. That's what it's always been.

>who the fuck is arguing that Rick and Morty has "deep lore"

Rhymes with edit.

"deep lore" is just a meme it doesn't actually mean deep lore it means there is a coherent story

>players want movie LOTR
>give them book LOTR

Because high concept science bullshit done by drunkards who don't give a fuck is my favorite.
There is not enough media wherin a drunken professor abuses high science.

any specific examples? I live for this shit

That's a pretty apt summery. Its pretty entertaining

Not enough shows are about the goddamn cavalier and who gives a shit attitude of scientists.
Chemists have been drinking dangerous shit for ages. Cholera was proven to be isolated because a guy drank his own disease. There was an entire group of people called the radium martyrs. Nuclear scientists used to hold reactors open with screwdrivers to show off.

I love seeing this shit.

Honestly it is not so stupid in certain cases. A friend of mine once played a Warhammer Fantasy campaign with characters pre-created by GM. He got a Priest of Ulric, a righteous one. The rest of the team consist of rouges, pirates and mercenaries, all rather shady and evil. At some point a guy had enough and said that it is simply ridiculous combination and that they keep forcing him to do things his priest would never do. He actually left the party in-game.

>see a video of roiland, ridley and buscarino pass by on youtube
>click on it
>it's after they recorded a grandma's virginity podcast
>roiland is all jacked up on ADHD screaming endlessly about a cheap toy cat that he bought because its synthesized "meow" sounds like "rape" if you try real hard
>ends in roiland pointing at the camera for like 5 minutes calling the viewers "fucking munchkins"

That guy is... a motherfucking riot.

Usually, I associate 'deep lore' with bits of world-building and character background that aren't apparent when viewing the show casually but inevitably get noticed and put on the net for nerds to pore over ad nauseum. It gives the impression that the story is taking place in a much larger, fleshed out framework that's only being hinted at by this point and may be explored more deeply later. Of course, the fact that this doesn't need to be true at all in order to put cryptic easter eggs in your show seems lost on most of the people who jizz themselves over 'deep lore.' It's also a meme on /tv/ and /v/, but they're just doing an ironic rendition of this same behavior.

>group wants light hearted low stakes adventure-of-the-week campaign
>GM spins first plot into an extended save-the-world-adventure
>okay we did that but how about a light hearted and more relaxed game
>GM spins second plot into an extended save-the-world-adventure
>okay that's cool and all but how about we take it easy with this next plotline? Why is our party the people who save the world all the time? we're like level 6
>GM spins third plot into an extended save-the-world-adventure

Whatever happened to simple plots where you have to get the DNA evidence back from mendoza?

You guys would probably dig The Manhattan Projects. First few trades at least.

>playing a female character
>GM wont stop putting an emphasis on how almost anything would rape my character in case of party defeat

perhaps I would!

He wants you to enter his magical realm. Don't be a pussy. Either slap his shit or throw the door open.

i'd do reverse rape instead, so we would both profit from it

what the fuck do you -do- in that scenario?
>you run, Guards now believe beyond shadow of a doubt you're an accomplice, leads to death of guards/pc or jail.
>you try to talk them down and just look more suspicious, guards throw you in prison

nice railroading

Yeah, the key point is that the guards just threw someone in prison for no reason, and when they learned that other people knew that guy was innocent, they want to throw the other guys in prison too.

Stabbing a guard is bad.

Stabbing a neutral evil guard is pretty gud.

YES

To be fair, atheists tend to say shit like
>if god was real, then why doesn't he strike me down with lightning?

So, there you have it.

Well, hey, sometimes it gets annoying when a guy says their imaginary friend could TOTALLY beat you up.
Doubly so if their imaginary friend is the wrong god. What, do you fucks not want the sun to come up?

> all those butthurt christians clapistanis mad about even the simple mention of atheism.
>in a roleplaying game out of all things

Pathetic. I get religion have been shoved down your throat since you were born but it's not a reason to want everyone else to live your delusions. Respect what other people chose to believe.

You are no better than those goatfuckers fanatics in the desert right now, get a hold of yoursleves.

>Tom Bombadil strips you naked

Im myself atheist and Im OK to say that atheist PC in a setting where Gods are know to be real is fucking stupid

>player sends you Wikipedia links to prove how something should have happened "realistically"

>literal deity appears in front of you
>"sorry I'm an athiest"
>deity say he's come to punish you, and stabs you with a holy sword
>"It's ok guys, gods don't exist"
>bleeding out on the floor, the cleric in the party uses magic borrowed from a god to heal you
>"wow neat, but gods don't exist"
(you)

>I would worship literally any alien or wizard that is able to hoodwink me
Grow a fucking backbone

Stop baiting and grow a backbone, user.

Belief=/=worship

So you're so gullible you will take any wizard or alien's word that they are a god? That's classic "fucking with primitives" good times, man.

the poor thing is retarded, stop replying

I dunno, it's a pretty strong point that gods in all these settings are basically just wizards. Maybe with a couple more powers if you are lucky.

>"my character has a strong warrior's code"
>mentioned only so he can excuse any deranged murder he does as

If a god can come down and kick my teeth in for bad-mouthing him, then we're past the point of faith. This shit is empirical now.

And the thing is, if it's proven that "gods" exist, then their priests do not have the defense of vagueness. If a "god" fucks up and kills hundreds of people, I have every right to decide that this "god" is not worth my support, scripture be damned. There's nothing divine going on - they're just dictators with supernatural powers.

>I get religion have been shoved down your throat since you were born
going to church like 10 times in 19 years isn't "shoved down" my man

Really, the idea of gods existing kind of stops working if wizards are a thing.
Then it's just a powerful wizard demanding tribute.