Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1516: Dodge Cancel Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Jumpchain? more like

chumpchain

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You say that, Decade, but what happens when we weaponize the moon and send a moon army after you from all possible realities. What then?

What was your last jump before B:TAS? Because you could have an opponent from last jump follow you into this one to be the first member of your Rogues Gallery.

Where can I pick up wide scale mind control/hypnosis?

Preferably not tech based.

what is the best durability or healing perk in jumpchain

Re-askin' question, but updated with Sanitorium.

Chain length so far's been Hero BBS -> Anno 2070 -> XAM'D: Lost Memories -> Castle of Puzzles -> Kingsman -> Boktai -> BTAS

So that'd make Boktai the one prior, which... while thankfully I avoided drawbacks, don't think Wren stood out too much.

Mostly as he was too busy having an emo 'OH GOD I AM A MONSTER' moment in the corner.

What did you do in the original persona jump? who was the culprit of the storm?what were the personas themed after?

Aside from a giant knitting needle and post-spark toon force, is there any conceivable way to close all the tears to the Warp in the 40k galaxy?

Hey, to the people talking about Quirk use and laws. Using Quirks by itself if you're not a hero isn't illegal, it's using them in public which is usually considered illegal. The examples some people have given are misrepresenting the setting. The character who has the power to speed as fast as a bicycle did get a warning, but it was deserved.

His Quirk involves gliding over surfaces he has three points of contact with it, which means to travel across the ground he has to get real low, where people can't see him as easily and someone might get hurt. Even then, it was basically a slap on the wrist since the cop didn't want anyone getting hurt.

As far as I can remember, the big moments where the Students actually get in trouble isn't for self-defense reasons, it's because they actively go looking for the fight, such as when one of them hunted down a serial killer on their own and two others joined in later to fight them. You can't go looking to enforce the law on your own without licenses and shit, just like you can't be a vigilante in our world.

When the kids are defending themselves, as in not looking for a fight, at both the disaster relief lesson attack and the summer camp attack, everything is cool. They defended themselves in a situation where they were being attacked. No one got in trouble for that shit.

Not the one for sale since it's basically a unique refilling supply. If you were willing to go to the canon source of the drug maybe, but that's a little girl with a unique Quirk's flesh and blood that the current arc's villain is taking samples of via Overhaul in a very traumatic way. The drug isn't so much "something that thugs can get in the streets" as it is something the current villains are randomly passing out to thugs and civilians as a test of its capabilities/way to fuck with law enforcement and heroes.

You're gonna have to remind me of the examples that lasted for several hours because they're not coming to mind.

Could have someone who embraces their vampiric nature as a rival. After all, if your Jumper feels guilt and horror over being one of the Immortals (or part Immortal), having an actual Immortal who delights in what they do as an enemy works.

satan

Does D&D have a Mass Dominate Person spell? If not, try any high-level psionics.

>Using them in public is illegal.
This shouldn't be the case.

Even though there are laws against unlicensed Quirk use, they had to be instated as a sweeping thing due to Quirk variability. Punishments vary dramatically, where at the low end it's basically "Hey, don't do that" with examples of why you shouldn't do that to being dubbed a villain if you're actively being a public menace like breaking shit, attacking people and so on and charged appropriately.

Even still, being a hero isn't the only way to get officially acceptable use for your Quirk. Firefighters, Police, Construction Workers and Doctors have all been shown using Quirks to help out in their line of work as well. Again, while there are laws in place against public Quirk use without a license, it's only enforced when someone is being an active threat.

Tell me why that should be the case when it can easily result in accidents.

>Again, while there are laws in place against public Quirk use without a license, it's only enforced when someone is being an active threat.
Then why have the law at all? Public endangerment is already against the law, as are any crimes a person could commit with a quirk.

>Very specific fields
Again, fuck that.

Because everything can result in a fucking accident. We only make it illegal to actively endanger people or disturb the peace, not doing some fucking party trick.

Construction and any kind of electrical work are also given as examples. It's likely almost any profession can apply for a license for power use on the job.

That's presumption, and you shouldn't need to be in a field that can benefit from your quirk to be able to use your inborn power unless it's outright and purely destructive.

>tfw no Yes Minister jump
only problem is the bureaucrat option would be the only good one

You're right, why should we allow people out of the home at all? It can easily result in accidents.

Huh. That's true, force a bit of introspection. Even a step further - instead of something like the Count of Bloodsoaked Ground, this guy'd be a bloodthirsty out-and-out berserker.

would it be possible to turn the insect spirits against the dragon in the shadowrun jump, at least temporarily so as to weaken him for a fight, or is that wishful thinking

After Quirks and stuff first developed and society collapsed, I imagine these laws were formed in direct response as a targeted response and a public message. Specifically "no public superpowers."

Is it seriously too much to ask to keep your superpowers to yourself if you're in a public space? It's like being naked, no one cares if you do it inside your own home, just don't whip your dick out around other people while walking down the sidewalk.

Where are you from? Your opinions are decidedly unamerican.

Could have him as a contrast to the other rogues as well. Where as the other rogues (aside from Delta) are characters you can sympathise with, the Immortal is an outright bastard, who is cruel and vicious because he wants to be. Perhaps you could have moments where the other rogues team up with your Jumper to fight the Immortal out of disgust, or in the case of Delta they work together to fight the Jumper?

Yes. Because it's stupid. It's a pointless restriction of people's freedom with very little justification. Laws shouldn't exist 'just because' or because they're 'not much to ask', they need to have a REAL purpose and be reasonable and fair. Slapping someone in jail for using their telekinesis to pick up their schoolbooks is not reasonable or fair.

Don't compare harmless powers to public indecency, you cock obsessed child.

Awfully upset over fictional rules in a fictional story aren't you?

He's stirring up an argument for argumentative's sake.

>Thinks he can read tone through text
You seem a bit offended about my opinions, senpai.

Presumptuous.

There were a lot of people unhappy with those laws. It's unreasonable of you to assume that nobody can possibly disagree with you or Bee.

Lets talk about something other than what amounts to superhero gun control

Like our extended family, like in-laws or nephews or what have you.

pic related is my not-really-direct-nephew-but-probably-my-nephew-in-law-but-still-related-to-me in a weird way thanks to weird bullshit[/spoiller]

>Says the one insulting people
No, I'm pretty sure you seem upset given you can't even remain decent in an argument. Sad.

Had no dog in this fight before and still don't, but your shitty attitude matches every other incident in this place. You don't actually care one little, remote whit about your argument. All you care about is using it to throw insults.

Are you the guy from last thread who wanted to shut down the discussion when people were using curse words? I think I've seen that opinion posted here like once or twice before too. How do people like this function on Veeky Forums?

Nice deflection.

Please don't take your issues, real or imagined, with the thread out on every single poster. That makes you as much of a problem for discourse as you claim others to be.

Any fun jumps to do as Drop-In at Jump 1?

Another fun thread to read while eating rice and not wearing any pants.

Durability?
Probably an Proto-Adamntium body in the Marvel jump. That stuff is durable on the galactic level, IIRC.
Healing?
You can get Wolverine-tier regeneration in X-men Movies.

Get the portal destroyer from Monsters Inc. You'll have to destroy them all manually, and one at a time, but it should work.

Heavens destroys moons, remember? No moon that you send against him will prevail.

Who the fuck eats just plain rice? Are you posting this from Vietnam?

Rolled 19 (1d100)

>tfw a full third of my chain needs updated, doesn't exist, or is a WIP.

Family is weakness.

I married Emmeryn in Fire Emblem Awakening, so I had Chrom and Lissa as brother and sister-in-law. They were cool, though Chrom was a little protective of his older sister still. As for nephews and nieces, I kept a close eye on Lucina, Morgan and Owain, and was the cool uncle for all of them. According to Future Lucina, I had looked after them after Robin was possessed and Chrom was killed. Future Me apparently never told her the truth about her mother before he died fighting Grima, and she had come to believe that Grima had killed Robin instead of possessing her. That was...awkward.

Rolling again, because I don't want to work on a Seventh Tower jump right now.

1 cup Uncle Ben rice
2 1/2 cups water
butter
salt
bake 45 minutes in oven

mmmmm!

>not eating plain rice
Look at mister fancy pants over here with his Foie gras and caviar.

Rolled 32 (1d100)

Since when does the options field clear after each post?

Rice and a little butter and salt may be plain, but plain foods can still be delicious.

You're fun at parties, aren't you?

Ah, but I have told every moon that Decade will destroy them if they don't destroy HIM, and they have all sworn to fight for their lives. That is what is different.

Aight, aight. So that's six out of ten.

>-Sanitorium: Sanity / psychic vampire of a sort. Has forgotten who he once was. Leeches sanity from others like a meth addict buys his heaven, trying to cling desperately to those few moments of lucidity. His power scales inversely - the more insane he is, the more of a combat monster he is. When he’s sane, he’s a wimp.

>-The Steel Duke: Shortly after Wren’s arrival, the leftover Dark Matter from the half-vampire’s umpteenth attempt at purging himself corrupted the body of one serial killer, Jack Malone, during his nightly hunt. Now the Steel Duke, as he will come to call himself, is everything Wren is not - a violent, bloodthirsty berserker who revels in his nature as an Immortal. What little of Malone’s restraint faded with the corruption - and now all that remains is a hot-blooded predator.

Just need four more Rogues.

Youtube. You officially know about 9 and some change years of the future. The perks are good for getting you up and running, and you can really freak people out.

Rolled 24 (1d100)

And THAT option is already claimed/WIP. Last roll before bed.

...That is. Oh.

Lucina didn't take that revelation well, huh.

Actually I think the Youtube jump ended earlier this year, right?

Hey, what about that whole deal about Quirkless people not being able to be legit heroes?
Is that true?

Rolled 28 (1d100)

>FoZ
Not touching that shit. Better jump-makers than I have abandoned that little project.

>Baking rice

>Rice and a little butter and salt may be plain, but plain foods can still be delicious.
Very true, don't know if I have heightened taste or what but just plain French bread is fucking delicious

>Emmeryn
Original or retarded flavor?

Rolled 94 (1d100)

>Samurai Jack
Pretty sure that's already being updated.
Goddamn, who do I have to sacrifice on an alter to roll above 34?

You probably shouldn't have a list based off of incomplete jumps.

Even better.

Wtf are you doing?

So good, it loses the stickiness, its not dry, and is much softer and easily mixed with other foods.

For starters you could roll something higher than a 1d100.

>it loses the stickiness
Why would you want that?

>Viscera Cleanup Detail
Thank you, RNG. Not bad, as far as first jumps go, either.

I expect many of them to be completed, or plan on making jumps for some myself, in the coming month.

Using Veeky Forums's dice function while mildly sleep deprived.

Well I ain't sure what to tell ya but Viscera Cleanup Detail's also done.

Unless you're talking builds instead of PDFs and I was missing the point.

What are some good perks for running a harem?

I demand to see this list you are using. It sounds horrifyingly out of date.

No. No she did not. Even worse is that Grima taunted her about it, mocking her by using her mother's voice and pretending to be her. Present Robin, of course, responded to this by blasting Grima in the face with Thoron, and telling him to get away from her daughter. I found out later however that Future Me had managed to reawaken Future Robin before he went down, and she was slowly starting to stir within Grima. When the final battle came, she helped her Present counterpart defeat Grima, but not before telling Lucina that she truly loved her, and that she was so proud of her. Grima's panic as he realised he was really going to die this time was just icing on the cake. And the finale was Future Robin joining Future Chrom in the afterlife while Present Robin came back to stay with us.

Original flavor. I was able to prevent her memory loss, though I had to hide her away for a bit while she healed.

Because you don't want dry mouth?

Yeah, that's true. A hero is pretty much someone who has been rigorously trained in the application and improvement of their Quirk. Someone who is Quirkless just doesn't have the same tools as everyone else and just wouldn't be capable of performing at the same capacity as others at the professional level.

As All Might suggested early on though, you don't need to be a "hero" in order to be a hero though, and there were plenty of occupations where you can do a lot of good even without a Quirk.

If the Sovereign of Sorrow Touches game characters by telling them they're not real, would a character who already knows that be immune?

Pic (un)related(?)

>Not going into Hero Academia with Super Science from a dozen other settings
>Not making tools to be Deku's powers

Drink.

You never answered me about your nationality.

best regen combo is self-molecule manipulation from X-men movies with, i think, enhanced regeneration from injustice with that other regen perk in the same jump
near instant and not need a brain

Nudity is presumed to cause mental damage/disgust. Not sure how like, changing your hair color or sweating lotion is anywhere near harmful enough to need to be illegal.

I don't believe in fluids

Deku is already a tool desu

>Hating on a Hero of Justice(in training)
We are enemies you and I.

I'm from the US.

No one cares about that stuff, they do that all the time. It's only really enforced if you're being a public nuisance or threat to those around you.

The example I used before is from the Vigilantes side series. The main character can glide across any surface he has three points of contact with allowing him to go faster than walking or running speeds. He nearly tripped several people who couldn't see him since he was low to the ground traveling at relatively high speeds for a human and got stopped by an officer on duty who gave him a slap on the wrist and explained why it was a problem.

It's not that complicated.
I have a list of jumps. Some of them haven't been made yet, or are being worked on by other people.
I roll to determine the next jump in my chain.
If the jump hasn't been made, isn't being worked on, isn't claimed, and I feel like I could make a decent jump of it, I'll make it before moving forward.
If it's been claimed, is being worked on, or I don't feel up to making a jump out out it for one reason or another, I'll re-roll.
If the jump exists, I'll add it to my chain and do some writefagging.

>No one cares about that stuff
But it is, strictly speaking, illegal. This is an issue. It shouldn't be illegal, and there shouldn't be laws that must be applied so selectively. Either the law itself needs to be more flexible, or else it should be done away with, and in its place they either lean on universal laws (the ones already against indecency, violence, and disturbance), or else make laws targeted at specific quirk uses (no quirk vigilantism, endangerment, use of mind effecting perks, recklessness etc, this is just an overview, not specifics.) As was suggested last thread, the way to handle more risky quirks is to provide a publicly accessible licensing system that applies to dangerous quirks only, with no restrictions on harmless/safe ones. That way people with dangerous quirks can get training to handle them properly in public without needing to specifically be using them on the job or to be a hero. The goal is to maximize freedom and safety without unnecessary legal red tape.

Didn't quirks emerging nearly destroy society?

It seems a pretty reasonable response to preventing people who have abilities that could easily cause damage or injury from hurting a bunch of people who happen to be near them if they make a mistake.

Sure you could say that harmless powers are fine to use and only dangerous ones can't be used but who would decide that? If you leave it up to people to decide themselves you're going to have plenty of idiots who ignore that and lead to the deaths of a bunch of people. Quirks have only been around for a short time so they probably haven't had time to create some form of quirk danger risk assessment thing that could be used to determine that.

Rolled 99 (1d100)

Rolling to see if I die from a terrible plan that includes making shadowrun deals with dragons and insect spirits and lots of guns
hold me

>Quirks have only been around for a short time
Not true. The upheaval was well in the past.

Otherwise, see Also want to add, fairly sure that someone causing the deaths of a bunch of people are going to be jailed quirk or no quirk. It's an example of a situation where you do not need a specific, quirk-targeting law.

At least one dragon is now your waifu/husbando and the insects have formed a private militia with the guns whose mission statement is advancing your goals.

I think you're fine.

>Didn't quirks emerging nearly destroy society?
Generations ago. All for One was one of the first people with Quirks, and people who know of this are surprised he's still alive after living that long.

High rolls good or bad?

>Ness

Speaking of MOTHER and Captain N, are Famicom games valid worlds there, or only English NES releases?

So what is dangerous? There are billions of unique quirks in this world. 80% of the population has them and everyone has a different one. People often d new uses for their powers over time or discover their powers are not what they thought they were.

It's like everyone has a device that might seem to be harmless but could turn out to have some very dangerous interaction they were unaware of.

California?

Sure thing Satan