Shadow of the Demon Lord

Anyone play this? Is it any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!gBY0waaC!N9nHRY0K1NDxmoMtTjP1Bw
sotdl.wikidot.com/tb:elf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, I played an entire level 1 to 10 campaign.

Yes, it was alot of fun.

I basically know nothing about it but I've heard a lot of people recommend it. I was considering picking it up but wanted to hear more about it before I decided to spend money on it.

Character generation is quick and fun. It consists of alot of tables and you can get some goofy and interesting stuff.

The game itself plays like a stripped down and streamlined D20 game.

The races are pretty typically but definitely have their own spin, though there's some weird ones like Satyrs and Clockworks.

No Elf PCs.

The world is vague enough that you can add your own flavor but specific enough that you aren't floundering trying to figure out what's what.

It will definitely appeal to people that want to try weirder character concepts and people that are "character builders" because as you progress from level 0 to 10 you effectively pick 3 classes and they'll affect each other.

Theirs definitely a horror aspect to the game which you can play as much or as little as you like.

Combat is DANGEROUS, you will lose a couple players at level 0 because you suck and are bad at everything. When you're reduced to 0 HP you go incapacitated and if you take further damage you die.

When you're incapacitated near an Ogre it can spend an action to EAT YOU TO DEATH. Then next round do a special attack where he VOMITS YOUR MASTICATED AND BARELY DIGESTED CORPSE at the rest of the party.

I can't recommend it enough, look how cool the fucking character sheet is.

You've literally just sold me on the game with that post. I'm going to go purchase it now.

You should! A friend of mine got it for my birthday, knew I liked seeing new games. reading that book was ecstacy. Running it was a blast. Never finished the campaign, too everyone's dismay. Hopefully will play again. Really good splats as well

Good to hear. I've enjoyed the game immensely.

Also I forgot to mention how magic is weird and powerful at high levels but to my knowledge you will only ever get one fifth level spell.

Anyone have a link to the pdfs for this. Definitely want to take a closer look at it before I commit to dropping $50+ on these.

I wish we had a mega but unfortunately we don't.

I've got almost all of the books on drivethru rpg but don't have the bandwidth to download and upload them all this month.

But here's a picture of what the Forbidden school of magic looks like. Every time you learn a spell from this school you gain corruption, as you gain corruption you get marks of corruption. These are things things like you always are weeping blood, to animals attacking you if you get within 10 feet of them, to once per week a child within 1 mile of you withers and dies in its sleep.

damn. well here's hoping some other user has a collection like yours they're willing to upload.

Apparently they're for sale like ten bucks on the bundle of holding right now.

That spell looks so useless, yet at the same time it makes me want the game even more.

Its basically a get out of campaign free card.

It wouldn't be too hard to come up with practical applications. The timescale is slightly deceiving because it says up to 100 years. Going 100 years forward in time would be useless in most campaigns other than as a "I'd rather not be in this campaign anymore" kind of thing, but it's "up to 100", so anything less is fine too. If you start thinking in days or even hours instead of 100 years, you can get quite a few uses out of it. And I'm not just talking about skipping downtime or whatever.

For example, let's say you visit a museum. Cast the spell, set your reappear moment to a time the museum is closed, stuff some valuables into a bag, reset the timer to the next time the museum is open again, and walk out like nothing happened. And unlike breaking in the regular way, you can't get caught in the meantime because you effectively do not exist (though you could still get caught while walking out).

Or maybe you're stuck in a burning building and you can't get out. Cast the spell and set the timer to a moment where the fire is sure to have burnt itself out, and then just safely walk out through the cold ashes.

>filename

I have the PDF but don't know how I can upload it, if someone explain how to do that I can do it

Google drive perhaps?

Or use mediafire

mega.nz/#F!gBY0waaC!N9nHRY0K1NDxmoMtTjP1Bw
Knock yourself out.

Thank you Akos.

>No Elf PCs
Terrible Beauty has Elf as a PC race actually.

You can find it on the sotdl wiki dot page.
sotdl.wikidot.com/tb:elf

Thanks kind user.

Eh, play it before you thank me. I'd give it a solid 7.5 bordering on 8 out of ten, but it is very dependant on personal taste.

As far as RPGs go isn't that like stellar though? I've played a lot of dogshit and I'd kill for an 8 out of 10.

Oh fuck there's a wiki? When did this happen?

Depends on the scale you are using I guess. It's medium to good, imho, but gets old once your need for DARKNESS has ended.

Give me a 1, a 5, and a 10 on your weird scale then.

A lot of the pages for supplemental material aren't listed in the subpages though. If you go into Master Paths, you wouldn't find links to the fey themed ones. However, they should all be listed on the main page.

Anyone seen some more interesting or effective path combinations? Haven't gotten the chance to play Year.