Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Imperial Armour 14 WHEN edition
Custodian and SoS 30k Equipment Available WHEN sub-edition
Fat Marines Need Chapter Specific Upgrades NOW sub-sub-edition
Primaris Marine OOO face WHEN minor-sub Edition

8th Edition Release Date Announced
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/warhammer-40000-launch-date-announced-may22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Previous thread

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/22/new-warhammer-40000-cities-of-death-may22gw-homepage-post-4gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=7AlM9YMKgJU

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0OguFlzxkip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for first forgeworld rules today.

What will it be, tg?

Old shoulders and heads fit on the primaries marines. I doubt they'll make new upgrade kits for a while.

What is going to happen with the DE Lore (and by extension Eldar as well?) after this whole Gathering Shitstorm?

Commorragh is pretty much fucked. Ulthwe and Biel-Tan are pretty much fucked. All relevant characters with Slaanesh2.0

Is there any hope for the Eldar, both DE and CE now? Or is the hope for the Eldar all with the Ynnari?

Cadia wasn't destroyed. It wasn't blown up like a cyclonic torpedo does. It was just a catacylsmic explosion and all the funky earthquakes. The White Dwarf hints that they're going to try and retake it when it's settled down.

Creed is obviously going to return from his Pokeball and take it back.

Vect moved all his valuable shit to another part of the webway and sealed it off. He had always planned too. Lady Mayls and shit are fighting Vect's goons, Daemons and so on. So my guess is Vect and his minions will be safe in another part of the webway.

So I'm thinking of getting into 40k and I really like the Thousand Sons buyback do they really only have 4 units? Am I reading this right? It doesn't seem like much variety.

They currently have 4 units, yes. This is no abnormal for a new army. You're suppose to supplement it with other units like Cultists and Spawn and Dreadnoughts and stuff.

So I'm talking with a guy about splitting the new starter box. He wants the loyalist marines, which leaves me with the Deathguard.

While I'm tempted, I don't really have much nurgle stuff, and what I do have isn't nearly that 'fleshy'. I like some of the Plague marines with their gas masks and patchwork bolters, but I'm less certain on what to do with the rest of the squad that's mostly teeth and tendrils. Not to mention the Pox zombies.

Any suggestions for some conversions with them? Or just other legions/warbands I could paint them up as and have them work?

his axe is bent and its bothering me because of my failcast ptsd

Are the figs in the new starter set less intimidating than I think they are?
I mean, did they just paint them in a very busy, elaborate way, and there's a simpler way to do it? Because they look AoS-levels of unnecessarily complicated.

Making my way, Terra
Walking fast
10k years have passed
And I'm home-bound

Staring blankly ahead
Just making my way
Making a way
Across the Imperium

And I need you
And I miss you
And now I wonder

If I could make, the traitors die
Do you think Magnus would pass me by?
'Cause you know I'd walk a trillion miles
If I could just see dad tonight

There's those units which are specifically theirs, but they also have access to everything else in the Chaos marine book. You can get them Rhinos, Tanks, Daemon Engines, Heldrakes, Cultists, Warp Talons, whatever

>they look AoS-levels of unnecessarily complicated
Welcome to the miracle* of CAD sculpting.

WHAT THE FUCK GW. YOU MADE ALL MY CURRENT MARINES FUCKING USELESS YOU CUNTS

GOOD JOB COSTING HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF MARINE PLAYERS MILLIONS OF POUNDS YOU ABSOULTE KNOW JOCKEYS

Jimmy is going to be a boring little shit but Timmy is in for a wild ride down the rabbit hole of chaos.

Start from scratch.
Hot looking beefeaters coming out, you don't want sad old manlets messing up your look.

little timmy sure sounds retarded.

>fucking useless
wot

I'm pretty happy not being stuck with downs-children assault troops.

Well, I would suggest painting them before assembling, but since they're snap fit that only goes so far.

There are a lot of little details, but worst case scenario you go at it with 4 different shades of green and a bottle of texture paint and who'll even be able to tell what's what.

>replying

I'm planning on getting a few as Khornates, since then it actually makes sense for them to be buffer than the rest. That's assuming they release a Numarine model aside from the basic squad that doesn't look like Ass though.

SLY MARBO MODEL FUCKING WHEN? THEY GAVE HIM RULES FOR SHADOW WAR AND CATACHAN IS BEING INVADED BY ORKS. GIVE ME FUCKING MARBO.

40k AoS'd yet? Is kill soon?

40k had its AoS in 1998

No one gives a shit what they think except you guys, I'm talking about actual players and modelers wanting them as an option.
I could do whatever I want, but official recognition is always better. Besides, SoS being all female is just as retarded as Space Marines. At least SoB have that whole "no men-at-arms" fluff.
>Sigmarines can be women. Just no boob-plate. I've seen some pics before and requested a few.
I knew they could, I'm referring to femSigmarines being represented in the fluff even if not in models, which is something GW could do with Space Marines if they didn't want to make female SM models. Just giving people options like they should.
Say if I wanted to do a tacticool Raptor's style force, it would be kind of hard to do if all their abilities are literally about faith, all of their weapons are close-quarters flamers and melta, and many of their special units are literally just suicide by glorious melee combat.

>shitposters even being a glint in their daddy's eye in 98

Wew.

is that 50mm base?

>bolters now have no ap
>takes a rubric marine to ignore a guardsmans save now, for every one of which you have about 6 guardsmen for
>no templates means no horde mulching at all
>most characters made invincible to shooting by placing them around a handful of guards
>lasguns can hurt anything
>d6 system means best save will still always be a 2+ meaning drowning in wounds is still a viable strategy, made even better by the supposed reduction in re-rollable saves
>morale works in a model by model sense so no more losing bricks to failed morale or sweeping advance

By the throne is 8th just infantry guard the edition?

What hell spawned place have I run into this time? This damn'd being thrown into the warp shit is getting really rather tiresome.

Oh god it smells like cheetos and shame here... and sweet Emperor what is this? Heretical shitposters, wiafufags, and xeno lovers?

>Gullyman complaining about waifufags and xeno lovers
So, who was that nice lady who woke you up with a kiss, Daddy Smurf?

the battleshock is a big downgrade for guard blobs though
we'll have to wait and see what the commisar does in his bubble before we judge the effectiveness of a 50 man blob

>Say if I wanted to do a tacticool Raptor's style force,

Tacticool sisters? Sort of what I'm doing with mine actually. They're from a medieval forest world, and they have old legends about a saint who struck down an entire army of heretics with just one arrow blessed by the Emperor.

I've got meltagun dominions to slag hard targets in cover, basic squads with flamers for breaching and clearing and generally taking down lighter infantry, and a command team loaded up with Condemnor Boltguns in case of any pesky witches. Cloaks, feathers, green/brown/silver color scheme.

The flaw in your thinking is the idea that you need to have a special rule to give all your sisters sniper Boltguns and a cover bonus in order for them to be clever and sneaky.

No, Khornate Berzerkers in Rhinos will break a guard gunline easily.

I found this in my old folder. I wonder where this user is now?

the new death guard units look awful
guess I'll move my main army from nurgle's chaos to spess marines this edition

>the new death guard units look awful

You've been baiting all thread. Have a (You).

Still around.
Honestly, not that huge an unprecedented outlier of a prediction, though.

More the fact that OP says Primarch's will return and the user says they'll move the plot ahead. All of which happened. I know it's not that much of an outlier, but if I wasn't so lazy I'd go find that thread in archive and see if anybody laughed at the notion.

And if he is still around, he's a stronger man than me. The board is sadly just another victim of Discord Raiders. Only came back to see the views of the new edition.

A challenger appears.
vocaroo.com/i/s0OguFlzxkip

>another fucking femarine discussion

You understand they make marines from feral adolescents that have to kill one another and brave the elements to pass the trials?

The marines recruit little Kratos, not Katniss.

Commorragh is still there. Kheradruakh along with his mandrake and some heamunculi fought back the demon. Commorragh is now a mandrake territory.

Vect made new Commorragh.

Will you stop with this meme allready ? Can you into basic maths or do I have to explain to you how much metric fuctons of lasgun shots do you need at 4+/6+ to bring down a 10W+ model ? And that's not even aknowledging it's armor save.

It's not even that, you dimwit, they've specifically stated that the Geneseed they use is only compatible with males, and it's been that way for a long time, no matter what Fabulous Bill has to say about it.

I'll admit, I'm a newfag. Just started hanging around last year, when I was vaguely curious about GW lore; now, I'm getting into the game, and I just stick around because I don't know where else to talk about 40k.
Of all the things I hear get the blame for Veeky Forums's fall, Discord's a new one to me.

They do look bad. So do the primaris marines.

I offense to that you little shit, I'll have you know...

DO NOT WORRY MY LIEGE, FOR I, *CATO SICARIUS* WILL SAVE YOU FROM THE VILE SHITPOSTER

Oh now you've done it, you made this faggot start up again, thanks.

that was my first post here since the reveal but thanks I appreciate it
and they do look awful
the original theme for death guard was an army that uses practical armor only with little to no decoration, but once they got corrupted they started bloating up, sprouting some horns and getting generally diseased
but these new designs are just all over the place with as much shit glued to them as they could possible hold
they are more flamboyant than emperor's children now

where is the simple but diseased design gone off to?

I actually mentioned Fab Bil last thread, to point out the fact that female Space marines (or equivilent) should technically be possible through all sorts of heretical means.

Got no answer. They don't care about the actual reasonable ways to get what they want. It has to be the Emperor descending from on high to turn half of all the loyalist space marines in the universe into women before writing a heartfelt apology.

Discord chatrooms are to blame for Veeky Forums in general turning into a shittier place.

But then Timmy decides to be a smart little fucker and watches the Putrid Blightkings videos before he started, making Jimmy's thickly layered blueberries look like trash in comparison

Is Discord chatrooms codeword for Russians and /pol/tards now?

Away to make multiple thin and difficult details to thwart recasters.

Can you imagine if they made the only lady space marines filthy heretics? Can you feel the sjw backlash in your bones?

>Putrid Blightking
With how dumb these names are I'm surprised they didn't name someone Smelly Doodoohead.

What do you speculate on the new Necrons rules ?

>Quantum shielding : bonus to armor saves at high HP.
>Living metal : basically IWND
>Gauss : rending
>Cryptek back being technowizards with cool shit lile they used to be
>scarabs have rending

Christ, is *that* why all the new designs are so goddamn complicated? Goddamn copyright protection?
I'm just getting into this now; I came very close to going Marine because they seem to have a pretty simple design. And at first, I didn't see any problem with the NuMarines, but seeing the ones in the new boxed set, they seem way too complicated for a beginner to paint. To say nothing of the aforementioned Death Guard.

They're your dudes. Call him Fartmaster Fred if you like.

Er...what's the correlation?

[adjective] [noun][noun] is GW's current EPICCOOL naming scheme for AoS

>Putrid Blightking
>Eternal Stormcast

>And at first, I didn't see any problem with the NuMarines, but seeing the ones in the new boxed set, they seem way too complicated for a beginner to paint.

Are you being serious? The paint scheme for UltraNuMarines is the same as the scheme outlined in the WH40k starter paint set. That paint box set is literally all you need to paint up these NuMarines. I mean if you want to make it simpler:

>prime ultramarine blue with spray can or whatever
>douse in wash
>paint gold parts
>paint weapons black
>paint eyes whatever
>paint angry faces on shoulders

bam ur done your primaris models now ready for golden daemon

>to point out the fact that female Space marines (or equivilent) should technically be possible
There is literally no proof of that and considering that literally every marine has been male there isn't any practical reason to suspect otherwise. Beyond that unless you're growing them purely in vats killing your babymakers is generally a poor thing to do.

It would be delicious. Also, they don't have to 'do' anything, since it's already technically possible with a bit of extrapolation of fluff.

But hey, they're always ranting and raving about progress and change, and they clearly want these female marines to actually look like women so they can have them be perfect and sexy to satisfy their egos. Seems clear where their motivations lie.

Gulliman looks like he's steppin'.

What's funny is that is that is actually the most fluff acceptable answer because of Fabulous Bile

No. The problem with discords is that they ruin the natural ecosystem of Veeky Forums generals
You see, each thread always has its group of attention whores and drama queens/kings. This is inevitable. But the "tripfags are gay" mentality keeps them under check. This is why they're forced to hide away, therefore not shitting up the thread.
But with Discord, these attention whores get a new outlet to express their inherent need to have an identity. This then creates drama in the Discord, which is then directly reflected onto the general, which usually doesn't even understand half of what's going on. On top of that, it gives a place for raiders from cripplechan and /b/ to organize their strikes, since doing that on Veeky Forums is banned. This means more raiders and more spammers.
Discord was a mistake.

>killing your babymakers is generally a poor thing to do
There's like a hundred worlds to every one where being a "birther" matters.
And since it was Fabioso Pillock who mentioned female marines, you can presume the fatality rates and quality wouldn't be very good.

Pshh. Bloodsecrator is Noun|Verb and equally stupid.

>The only female space marines are at war with the galaxy-spanning empire that is a patriarchy ruled by an Emperor and his sons. He has no daughters, except the symbolic nuns that dress in fetish armor and are clearly brainwashed and oppressed

How would they not like this again? Oh right, because they don't actually care about the fluff, and just read about a fictional thing that girls can't be and got upset.

I still don't understand why people want superhuman nazi psycopaths to be an equal opportunity employer.

They would topple the Imperial Patriarchy.

Oh fuck Jim Theis had taken over naming shit

> inb4 Stygian Accordions

I thought you nerds said the rulebook was gonna be cheaper

>Cryptek back being technowizards with cool shit lile they used to be
This so much.

>too complicated to paint

Jesus christ man, the only range simpler to paint that marines are Necrons.
Come the fuck on now.

Well I was 16 in 1998. How about you?

>Thinking Commoragh was anything more than a staging point for the Craftworld story
We knew what we were getting into when we chose to play Dark Eldar, don't start expecting anything from GW now. Commoragh is going to be on pause until the Ynnari need some plot advancing.

Rules are free.
RuleBOOK? Entirely different matter.

Rules are free. Rules with fluff costs extra.

the rulebook is fucking free online you twat.

Cawl needs a double bass.

>$20 for a dice cube
Oh man, they're tripping on some serious shit

Actually, the free rules don't have the "advanced rules" section, either.

Well the indices are cheaper than most codices were

>Spoiled Faggot.

I'm sure there're a lot of "non-complicated" range out there.

Wizkid or FFG miniature seem like a suitable range for you.

Power rules are free. Points rules cost buckets.

Yeah. Although going by what they said on the web article I think they have minimal fluff/art/whatever else and just seem to be rules indices

the imperium doesn't have population issues

I would imagine that if done, a female space marine would be difficult to determine from a male space marine, aside from having different needs in terms of waste disposal in their suits and maybe requiring some different implants. The level of augmentation, implants, and hormone treatments that marines go through to make them what they are, and the fact that recruits are prepubescent, mean and secondary sex characteristics would be decidedly masculine. With enough testosterone, their voice would crack and they would grow a beard too. They would not end up feminine at all.

Female marines aren't done in lore well because they aren't. The Emperor wanted an all male force. Leave it alone at that.

>no proof

I can list you a half dozen ways it could happen

>Fabius Bile succeeds on his female marine bio project. They're mediocre. He sells batches of them off for use by warbands

>Slaanesh turns a chapter of his/her queer marines into women as a blessing. They retain their biology due to warp magic, but are all sexy ladies

>Tzeentch finds a copy of Tomb of Horrors, enacts it on a group of marines. First trap swaps gender and alignment, turning them all into women and driving them mad as a curse

>Someone copies Ahrimin's rubric spell to make some more Rubrics, then uses warp magic to mold their armor into looking more lady-like because he's vain like that

>A female cultist of any god gained enough favor to get significant mutations and boons to be the equal of a space marine, then killed one in ritual combat for his armor

Sure, there's no stories of this happening (aside from the last one), but there's nothing here that breaks fluff in the grand scheme of the galaxy. It's no more lorebreaking than having an army of merfolk because an Imperial Navy ship got lost in the warp and flooded with water and everyone grew gills.

So PRYMARIZ Orks and The Beast are all but confirmed for 8e, right?

> Implying you won't just download a scan of the book

I actually like the power level rules, but I know everyone will insist on playing points only

They'll probably just have a short fluff blurb introducing each faction. Maybe a short blurb for each unit.

The highest tier of physical specimens are men. If you want to make soldiers out of the best of the best you choose males. It's really not difficult to understand.

The majority of the people I play with would see me say 'power rules' and then think about how many points they could squeeze into their power.

That's because the power levels don't seem like they're intended in any way for actually balanced matches.

Daemon Princesses can even happen through game mechanics. It would be unreasonable to think that only men are foolish enough to join chaos cultists, and cultist champions might win that challenge and get that perfect roll, you never know.

>perfect and sexy
No, that's bad and wrong because making them sexy caters to men. They have to be fat and ugly. Except not in a negative way because they're also strong and beautiful in their own way.

There's quite literally no pleasing them.

Which is irrelevant to the conversation because daemons aren't CSM.

>Like any of you don't just field armies of gray blobs