Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Grand Unified /pfg/ Setting/rules Edition: What elements from /pfg/'s games, home brews, and movies would you include in your games? Personally i think SEagle's Dragon Queen Culdranth and Culdranth's Demesne adds a great deal of things you could play off of. If nothing else it adds a common origin for tons of dragon-blooded humanoids a lot of people like.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77276/pilgrimage-to-the-demonlands
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>enabling Rory to hook up with other characters from other games

You're a madman and you need to be stopped.

Well for starters I wouldn't put it in Golarion

But a /pfg/ unified setting could be interesting

I think Vult's setting is interesting if you don't take the lewd part into account.

Well SEagle's Draconic Enclave is interesting because it canonically exists multiple places at once, and exits to different places depending where you exit from.

You could insert it anywhere and in different settings. It'll still work.

The Draconic Enclave exits to different planes of existence
Rory could be tying the knot with Gloriana RIGHT NOW

I don't know about this unified setting, guys

Re-posting from the other thread since it died shortly after posting it.

Well, finally finished the preparations. Here's hoping you guys like my idea for a campaign, it's a pet project of mine I've been working on for some time and finally decided to turn it into something.

In a gist, it's a floating island with a weak anti-magic aura. Big political drama split up the nation, and now we have religious freaks vs tech freaks vs angry nobles and traditionalists slapping each other and trying to put their own values above others.

Hope it's not too much of a read, and I'll stick around for questions if anyone has any.

What is this hot new meme and where can I get more of them

I actually really enjoyed Broodie's 'weird america' setting.

I told you, I'll check it out when I get a chance and see if I can't app up.

Making a character is half the fun, the other half is meme-ing and talking shit, and I guess we can play too.

Antipaladin||Mageknight; will it float, or will all that competition for swift actions be too much to handle?

Seems like a waste to gestalt two full BAB lowcasters with the exact same good saves, exact same hd, and other things in common seems like a waste. The Mageknight basically acts as an anti/paladin replacement anyways with some archetypes

So it seems like just a shite gestalt.

Hmm...so what do you tack onto an Antipaladin, then?
Oracle?

If a character is attacked by someone invisible, does he still get his saves? Particularly disintegrate, my player used Invisibility -> Dimension Door -> Disintegrate and claimed the boss shouldn't get his fortitude save. I know he counts as flatfooted - 2 for his AC but is there anything that says you don't get a save?

Anything charisma based that adds utility, oracle is a decent choice but you should probably take an archetype that drops spellcasting.

No, your player is bullshitting, you always get saves.

Yes, no penalty or anything either. (Other than to his AC due to being flatfooted)

Thought so, thanks
This is the same for Reflex right?

Flatfooted is on AC, not saves.

Yes, but Reflex loses it's dex bonus.

Yeah I know I was just wondering since it kind of makes sense

aight

No it doesn't.

"Flat-Footed

A character who has not yet acted during a combat is flat-footed, unable to react normally to the situation. A flat-footed character loses his Dexterity bonus to AC and Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD) (if any) and cannot make attacks of opportunity, unless he has the Combat Reflexes feat or Uncanny Dodge class ability.

Characters with Uncanny Dodge retain their Dexterity bonus to their AC and can make attacks of opportunity before they have acted in the first round of combat."

Reflex saves are NOT affected by being flat footed

Seems silly that a character is able to react to, say, a fireball and move out of direct impact when completely unaware of it. But you got me there.

Reflex saves are just QTEs

Presumably you'd be more or less unaware of it anyway since it's a tiny speck flying out of the Wizard's finger before it fucking explodes next to you

Yeah, the rules for reflex saves are kind of weird. You get to save with no penalties even if it's not possible to dodge or anything, such as being hit with a fireball in a narrow corridor.

I guess it's like rolling backwards or something? Also what happens if you drop four Delayed Blast Fireballs in a tiny five foot cube and close the door?
>try to shove someone in the oven
>hear a defeaning boom and smoke rising out of the top
>open the door
>guy made all his reflex saves

Welcome me to why blasting is shit

Fireballs and Shouts and stuff should really do massive damage in enclosed spaces

>Implying high level Nightwalkers wouldn't eat him alive
>literally
It's weird to steal elements from a setting that needed a universal homebrew

Wouldn't he be MISTAKEN for one of the nightwalkers, considering
>Fluffy tail
>Dog ears

He could bluff it for a while, but Keen Scent reveals Nightwalkers, and even half-trolls have that. Then he'd be targetted by people who want his power. Whether he hets shagged or eaten is up in the air though. Long enough timeline though....

>By people who want his power

Refresh me on this, would that even be possible? You have to shag a corrupt creature or individual to get their power. Rory isn't "corrupt" in the PLD sense of the word. COULD he even be corrupted? Also, isn't he a skinwalker? They can disguise the animal bits, IIRC.

It's in the realm of "a good enough possibility that people would eat his heart to find out", and besides, Nightwalkers can provide their own corruption.

Getting to PLD-verse probably entails piercing the Veil of spooky corruption anyways. People would probably assume his ability to heal without going insane is evidence enough.

PLDverse could probably just be solved by taking the explosive death machines from Dragons2 and a few bodyguards and just utterly obliterating anything that came near them.

Mean dragons1&2, blah.

Is False Life useful for a squishy full caster or is it a waste of a spell slot?

Its ok

Currently recruiting games:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77276/pilgrimage-to-the-demonlands
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice

whats this golden-chalice shit

dunno

nice pitch

Well I'm not the GM so it's not my job to pitch

I had originally intended Mouse to be a sylvan sorcerer (the entire reason I got the magical beast companions allowed in the first place), but the build just wasn't panning out the way I'd hoped, and eventually she developed into the creature you see before you now, full of enthusiasm but with charisma as a dump stat. Hope that's okay.

The intention behind her - and the art I chose supports this - is she doesn't quite fit into standard fantasy paradigms. It's all modern-ish practical clothing rather than robes, brown skin among a bunch of white people, buck teeth and freckles among picturesque heroes, and mechanically speaking that she's a sorcerer reliant on intelligence and knowledge rather than force of will. I think the final result came out well.

EDIT: Added a personality blurb, since it was pointed out that that's something I didn't explain in the backstory.

it didn't, your character is shit, nobody likes you.

Aren't they full casters? One of the straight up banned things? You're not really proving anything by showing up to a swordfight with a nuke, except that you're a spoilsport.

Well yes, it is showing up to a swordfight with a nuke

Rinka is a spherecaster, not quite the same as a traditional vancian caster, I have no idea what Astarte is all i know is she's really good at blowing stuff up

I just quoted the guy's post from the LFG is all

Reply still applies

It's still stupid to say "I beat it! Its solved by bringing in something explicitly banned in the setting!" This is like fanfic wank.

Well if there is some portal between the dragons and PLD universe, its really not and already fanfic tier.

And the Enterprise could solo the Star Destroyer because they don't have teleportation shielding.

>and the art I chose supports this
The art looks like fucking garbage. It's not even about brown skin (there's an indian-looking guy, a persian / arab - looking guy, and Kino the Asian already anyway), or the 'buck teeth and freckles', it's just bad fucking art on a technical level.

>it's all modernish
You now realize that the world in question is anything but modern, it's like insisting on people wearing archmage robes and chainmail in a victorian setting or people with laser rifles and stormtrooper armor in Caveman BC.

>practical
Robes WERE practical. They were cheap and light, protected you from sun, allowed for more freedom of movement if you didn't run 2fast4u. They aren't too cold in cold places but they're not that hot in warm places. They're easily donned in a hurry and even easier to make. The only thing they're legitimately bad for is highly inclement weather.

Exactly, yes.

When you allow for crossovers between two worlds with different powerlevel one of them is going to be shitstomped
When we bring in full casters into the real world you don't get to say "b-but they don't GET to summon Dread Wraiths they don't EXIST here!"

What are some good options for ooze characters? I've looked into the Squole race and the Mitotic Warrior/Slimelord from Gonzo, but if anyone knows of any more it'd be a big help to me.

Gelatinous Cube from DSP Monster Classes

Theres also In The Company of Gelatinous Cubes, but this is one of the few cases where Monster Classes is better than In The Company of.

It's very far from productive though.

Also would probably just cause an escalation till they die, because the gods would take interest.

You're on Veeky Forums
Why are you fixated about being productive just have fun

>The intention behind her - and the art I chose supports this - is she doesn't quite fit into standard fantasy paradigms

Oh, that changes things! It's not like that campaign is built around fitting into the standard fantasy paradigm

>she doesn't quite fit into standard fantasy paradigms
>The campaign will feature the party being sent on heroic quests by the princess, generally to slay some monster or lend aid to some distressed populace. In between such quests, there will be bouts of court intrigue. The tone of the court intrigue will be less "game of thrones" and more "King Arthur". Expect classic romance and high drama, not constant plotting and backstabbing. Ultimately, your character's aim, and the Princess' aim for them, is to craft themselves into a storybook character to extol some kind of lesson or value, or capture the populace's hearts through classical meanings of comedy, romance, or tragedy.
>applying to a game where the tone is EXPLICITLY High Fantasy heroics with a character who eschews that tone ENTIRELY

My copy of Gonzo II has a class listed as the Multiman, but the Spheres wiki lists it as the Multiple Master. It seems there are a few other renamed classes as well. Is my copy of Gonzo out of date, or is it some weird copyright thing?

>, brown skin among a bunch of white people, buck teeth and freckles among picturesque heroes, and mechanically speaking that she's a sorcerer reliant on intelligence and knowledge rather than force of will
I don't see what any of these things have to do with standard fantasy.

Isn't it hilariously racist to suggest brown people don't fit into fantasy well. Along with being pretty fucking rude to people with freckles.

So Super /pfg/ Wars?

I like neither "losing" nor going down the power wank path

That said, high level Nightwalkers are either dead, or running around with Die Hard and Fast Healing, basically a focus sash that resets every round. Trying to blast them down doesn't work so good.

>super /pfg/ wars

Fantastic, who would be your essential 5-waifu team to make extremely overpowered?

Disintegration is a thing.

And Diehard won't save you if you get blasted to beyond -20

2hu 2hu 2hu 2hu 2hu
Say what you will but his builds are monstrous

I don't get why he thinks brown people are somehow non-normal when there's an indian dude and some arab guy applying

Nonono, you're missing the point of super /pfg/ wars

you just choose 5 characters you really like

I STAND BY WHAT I SAID

Who would DM?

No no, she's not a brown girl, she's a mulatto rape baby explicitly built around being the nappy-haired black accident!

As an actual brown person I can tell you that whoever is playing that fag is probably lily-white and HATES THEMSELVES for it.

I don't think anyone in Dragons 1 is a full vancian caster at all.

Astarte is a Titan Architect, Atolm is a Chronokineticist, Zev is a Maid, Lameeka is an Alchemist, Freyda is an Incanter, Celisse is a Princess.

its gestalt though

Yeah but their other halves are literally all "Dragon" aren't they?

I don't think so

Only Zev and Atolm really, Celisse is a bit of a technicality by archetype.

This

It's completely different power levels until you get into REEEEEEzerker mode and the Nightwalkers become unkillable. Vult was sketching out either Merla or Logan as just full healing every round for free.

Honestly I wouldn't even be vaguely surprised if a lategame Rinka couldn't 1-round basically anything thrown at her.

Lameeka's other half is just hidden blade rogue

Piggybacking
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path

Has it occured to you that Rinka may not be very fun to fanfic about?

The thing that tickles my jollies the most about that character is the player's trying to use the brown skin as a method by which she's ostracized by others, since Ms. Blackman in a country full of pale-skinned assholes is going to stand out.

Not only is this backfiring in a magnificent way, I do recall there's an easier way to do this... Hold on, the answer's coming... Brace yourself...

... Ever hear of the term "Red-headed Stepchild?" You know, two brown-haired or blonde-haired people have a baby, but it comes out all pale n' freckled n' fiery-haired? That was often assumed to be the result of an affair, hence why it's a byword for being seen with contempt by your family and society.

Hell, why didn't the player pounce on the chance to ACTUALLY be a stepchild? Does Halae even read fairytales, and recognize how she's in the prime position to get some "wicked stepmother" shit going on if her character's the child of a previous marriage?

Yes, high level Rinka would be insanely boring to fanfic about because she could basically destroy any possible threat in a single shot.

Unless its supposed to be a one-punch-man esque joke

>high level blasters one shotting anything at high levels
>when everything has inflated saves, evasions, SR, and resistance out the asshole.

The funny thing is that in medieval reality she wouldn't be orcastrized unless there was some shit going down and people were desperate for some sort of scapegoat. Nobody cared if you were black back then because black people were 'woah what the hell is this your skin looks so -weird-", it was a far bigger problem if you were an infidel.

Which is why her primarily (and most deadly) attack is a ranged touch attack

SR is easy to overcome, resistances even moreso

One Ray Woman!

>she wouldn't be orcastrized unless there was some shit going down and people were desperate for some sort of scapegoat

If I may play the Devil's Avocado for a moment, I do have to point out she's still a rape baby and bastard, which makes her swarthy skin all the more a Scarlet letter, NOT TO MENTION she was born and raised during a period of tumultuous political decay as an Empire collapses leaving instability and chaos in it's wake.

Being black technically works, it's just the lamest and lowest-hanging fruit for an Arthurian fairytale.

>Hell, why didn't the player pounce on the chance to ACTUALLY be a stepchild?
What's weird is that when I usually see people play brown folk in "generic europeland" settings this and "son/daughter of merchant that got fucked up later" is the route they go for and it works fine usually. Adopted from a foreign land. Maybe she's the daughter of an old, deceased adventuring buddy her step-dad traveled with. Why is rape the first thing they go for.

That's ignoring the fact that there is an entire fucking core PC race who are assumed to be the product of rape, but still.

Isn't Rinka a sphere caster? Single target ray attacks from a sphere casters aren't that deadly to high level enemies. And they don't have a named bullet like effect either.

That doesn't really work against her so much as working against her mother, and the thing about 'tumultuous political decay' is that it is SO massive that there is no way you can blame one person for it - at best she's a byproduct. Like, the village has been suffering nightmares - it's a WITCH! But if the entire empire is going down the shitter, people aren't going to blame one person for their scapegoat, at best you'll have something like I'T S DA JOOS

>single target destruction rays aren't deadly

Mate...

>Unless its supposed to be a one-punch-man esque joke

Tatsumaki a shit, Fubuki a best.

>Adopted from a foreign land. Maybe she's the daughter of an old, deceased adventuring buddy her step-dad traveled with. Why is rape the first thing they go for.

Ooh! Ooh! Dad's a big-dick adventuring hero, right? What if Mouse was the daughter of an old swarthy, exotic southern partner... OR, the player pulled a Jon Snow and Dad simply came home with Mouse after a year or more away on Business.

Not only does she keep the bastard and dark-skinned bits, it adds mystery to her origins, conflict with the Hero's wife and any children she has with the Hero, and possible exotic bullshit powers!

They aren't past shank town tier levels against anything that isn't mook tier.