/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous thread:

Why do you put the pastebin link before the previous thread link?

I need a cyoa that lets me violenty murder and disfigure people irl.

So that if I make the next thread, I can copy the pastebin and "previous thread:" and just add the old thread # to the end of it, instead of having to delete the old #

>cyoa
>irl
Pick one.

Phoneposting?

This is genius.

Just lazy

Most Wanted CYOA, WIP

>Charges:
Rebellion (An outspoken TV debater and journalist became a taboo when the new regime came to power. He was arrested at night by masked police officers and sent to be worked to death on a dangerous asteroid mine.) pic related. Name: Trueman West
- Info wars (hes a journalist with a list of contacts the regime would kill to get their hands on, luckily their all inside his head)
- Guerilla Tactics (spending time as a war corrispondent when the regime was in war with the other regime, he picked up a few things, things that were allot more practical than theoretical tactics out of some kind of war college)
- Astute (picking up on undercover officers for the regime is easy when youve spent so many years as an undercover journalist yourself)

Expert Talents:
- Bluffing
- Disguise
- Politics
Advanced Talents:
- Strategy
- Diplomacy
- Leadership
- Evasion
- Stealth
- Small Arms
Basic Talents:
- Piloting
- Internal Defense
- Small unit tactics
- Drones
- Tracking
- Traps
- Mechanics
- Gunsmith
- Traps
Perks
- Storied past (Astute)
- Quick Witted
- Experianced

Drawbacks
- Celebrity (counteracted by expert disguise)

Weapons
- Hydra 2120
- Riechard 6
Equipment
- juggernaut
- polaris
- medical kit
- guide book
Cybernetics
- Cardiac
- Ocular implant
- Neural enhancer

Crew Equipment
- Combat stimms
- Eva suits
- Secuirty Gear

Ship
- Blockade buster
Extras
- Sickbay
- Jump drive
- Sensors

- Federation

Persuer
- James Quinn

But is it really that much more effort for you to copy-paste the previous thread's number over the one in the text you copy from the previous OP?

It's certainly more effort, albeit incredibly marginal. Whether the trade-off is worth it or not is dependent on your tolerance for work.

I am conflicted here man. All of those are good.

I am mostly divided between the extra arms and ADVENTURE. What sort of powers does the Raven grant me to help me survive the masquerade?

It's annoying to have to paint the old number.

These mystery boxes don't lock you into them if you open them so technically there's no reason to hide them but I'm doing it anyway.

If you double-click on a string of characters, it should paint the whole thing, so you could just double-click on the copied post number and then just paste the previous thread's post number over it.

>Steampunk
>Okay, wtf?

Brilliant

I already know that forced interaction in cyoa's triggers everybody, but what about an option to buff someone's build?
For example, picking an item that could give another user more 'magic points' or something like that.

>picking an item that could give another user more 'magic points'

And corrupt my righteous anti-magic crusader build?
The fuck is wrong with you?

Stupid and would only really work for the first couple of times you post it as usually you wouldn't have enough builds for it to work.

I figure as much, which is why I'd obviously give something else to the choices other than "buff another user".
Like my example with the items, you can give them away for the nice buff or keep it.

Form: Witch (Male)
+15 points
+1 free item

Not giving up my dick.

Powers
- Charms 5
- Curses 5
- Transmutation 5

Transmutation will allow me to turn lead into gold in order to finance everything. I can also create copies of the materials that I'll need for charms and other ranks of transmutation. Curses give the best form of immortality if paired with a way of decreasing your age, which I can get from transmutation.

Additionally, I'll be able to flood the gold market and cause the price of gold to crash. Suck it, Ron Paul!

Items
- Wand
- Charm Charms
- Charms (Weaving)
- Potion of Witchiness (Witchery 1)

Wand to improve transmutation, charms in order to kickstart my charm making, and a potion of witchiness just to get an extra point. Witchery seems like the most useful level 1 power, so I'll use the extra point on that.

I really like this one.
The only objectively bad choice is Zoe.
It lets me fantasize about having a waifu AND a job.
Well done whoever made this.

Does King of Zodiac have all powers from elixirs the moment he takes the throne?

Fuck, five of those either send me to another world or screw this one up.
>Waifu option

Not bad.

Either that or the powers you do get are even more potent.

Or both.

>still no SDA OC
Don't give ETA's you can't deliver on

Do you know what the E in ETA stands for user?

The more you whine, the more I will take my time on it.

That, or you can pay me to do it

Make a kancolle cyoa already!

While I am a Hellshock fan and while I know he has a shitton of Kancolle fanart, I know next to nothing about it.

Plus I don't really like making CYOAs of established settings because it just becomes a matter of copy-and-pasting things.

The option is there to team up with other people from the thread. The cyoa would include some mechanics about team names, team roles and how being in a team affects you (go on the same missions etc).

The Elixirs are artificially made serums that forcibly awaken your bloodline's innate powers.
These 12 were they only abilities the Court had time to make Elixirs for but the Kings of Zodiac has access to thousands of others.
Because they're being forced to activate, your powers manifest in much more diluted and weak forms than they would normally.
When you actually take the Throne your abilities will begin to awaken naturally and you'll soon reach "God-King" levels of power.

Guess I'll post the whole thing since it came up.
01/05

02/05

Why aren't these real? Why the fuck aren't they real? It hurts. It physically hurts.

03/05

Because if life wasn't a nightmare than we wouldn't need CYOAs and I wouldn't have gotten to meet all you lovely people.
04/05

>04/05
Oops.

Huh? What are you working on? Tell me so I can join user in anticipation.

I want more CYOAs like these.

05/05
Last one.
I'll try to hold on posting it again for a while so I don't wind up jerking myself all over these threads.

With three of them how strong you are compare to the brides?

>Because if life wasn't a nightmare than we wouldn't need CYOAs and I wouldn't have gotten to meet all you lovely people.
No offense, but that's a price I'd be willing to pay.

More comfydark CYOAs when?

Please jerk it all over my face daddy.

Taking three of the Elixirs would put you just about on par with most of the Brides' abilities, but they've been living their whole lives with their powers and you only got yours a month ago.
So you may be at a slight disadvantage without a partner.
None taken, user.
So would I.
Maybe later if you're good.

>the same essence of fear that you experience while in the nightmare

b-but I'm not scared in my nightamares. My body reacts on it's own to follow the "plot" of the nightmare but I don't feel any emotions. It's like watching a movie.

Elise.
I need more work experience for my resume.
Chris looks like a Bro and Elise herself seems nice.

Why would you name the Scorpio waifu after a disease? It's disgusting.

These dreams will be different then. You'll feel the fear.

It's a disease with a pretty name, symbolic of how she is pretty on the outside but is a filthy rotten disease to the world just by existing.

You are some sort of mage prodigy/big shot fresh out of the academy, and after doing some crazy shit for a few years, you return to the academy to become a mentor to a student currently studying there.

That's basically it.

does the cyoa expect you to fuck your pupil?

No, but they're all girls. The fujo cake mentors took all the boys.

I don't know.
I liked the way it sounded and just calling her Scarlet seemed too easy and honestly kind of boring.
Most of the names for the girls came just from me looking at the pictures and choosing something based on alliteration.
Except for Ophiuchus.
Ophiuchus's name came a misheard song lyric, so I just made up the name.
I agreed with you until halfway through that sentence.
Scarlatina seems to get a lot of hate just for being the way she is.
I'm starting to feel sorry for the waifu I created...
It's like watching people bully my daughter.

Is this WIP still?

Don't worry, I picked her.
She stole my heart.

I was exaggerating as a joke, Scarlatina's actually my favorite.

I'd put my disease in her if you know what I mean.

>I'd put my disease in her if you know what I mean.

That doesn't sound very nice. If you're sick, you should try to keep your wife from catching it.

I'm genuinely surprised more people aren't all over her. With this thread's obsession with yanderes they should be all over her.

>Elixirs
Grace
Vitality
Magic
>Bride
Catherine of House Cancer

Not really planning on fighting anyway, given the girl I chose. I think we can handle this nice and easy.

So how crazy is Scarlatina?

I like Scarla, she and Suri are probably my favorites.

Nope. This is the complete version.
Planning on making a page for explaining a bit more about the setting and a few mystery boxes, but this is pretty much the entire thing.
Yay! I hope you have a long and happy life together.
Well fuck, seems like I overreacted. Then I'm glad you like her!
Also, gross.
Vignette, who let you on the internet?

Extremely crazy.
For you.

yanderes are one of those things people seem to like as options even if they never choose them personally

Yes!, apparently Pisces and Scorpio have good compatibility

Rules of engagement when? I

True Lich
Flying Necropolis

>spells
Raise dead tier 3
Miasma
Soul Creation
Blood moon
Freezing Aura
Lich Dance
Unholy Chains
Undead power
Communion

>army
Reanimated Army x2
Skeletal Archers
Fanatic cultists

>minions
Mikaela
Garuile
Zayah

So you're saying I can kill other undead and people will say I'm a good guy? Fast delivery service of Chill Flying Necropolis with numerous and wonderful creations on board

Why are you namefagging? Are you an author or something?

>lovely people
Oh friend...

I'm working in a Bookstore CYOA

It's hard to use Photoshop

He's not wrong. We are quite lovely if you ignore the more relentless shitposters.

Once I've recharged my batteries a bit.
Most likely in a week or so, depending on my ability to sit the fuck down and work.

Only when you assume everyone you dislike is a shitposter

I want you two to make them!
If you like the genre so much I'm sure you have great ideas!

>Working for a woman

Now that's what I call grimdark.

Damn I can't make a build for the Fulcrum CYOA. I want to, but it's so damn vast and meandering I can't pick a single theme to focus on.

Anyone else having that problem?

the balance update seems to help, you can summon high-tier stuff now. Still not sure how Soul Mate works, though.

What does demiplane and Magic Domain do? You get a pocket dimension. Are you somehow in charge of it? Can you communicate with the demon it's made out of? It's hard to associate the different laws of physics with a specific demon, or figure out how that would be useful. Like what would be the difference between a demiplane made out of Wisdom vs Fenrir?

Are you done yet?

Demiplane and magic domain spawn physical demons for a start, you can probably also imagine just general spell effects applying to everybody in it. It's like binding them to an object, but instead of an object it's a space.

I posted it with the intention of doing a build myself, but I ran into the same issue. I really do love Fulcrum, but like The Wilds Outside or Traveller, you need to really pay attention and be into it

>Elixirs

>S-09
Best and most diverse option against anything they can throw at me.
>S-10
Since it is a Stand this is option for free conceptual power fantasies all around and a free adviser.
>M-06
Since I only have a month and a lot to learn and master this one is kind of mandatory.

With those awakened first I doubt they can hold a candle to power of mine bloodline.

>Girl
All take all of them but go in alone. Easy to claim them on my terms after defeating each one of them.

For harem route it is probably better to take S-12 and B-04 but it feels incredibly cheap to pull off normal anime protag and you might as well be trophy husband after this.
The only things thar truly bothers me here is how did The Solitary managed to die. I would probably need a failsafe and "fuck you" option in case of assassination after ascending to the throne.
Looking forward to mystery boxes.
How are my chances for succed with this anyway?

I think adding quests would really help a lot by giving us a purpose and something to build towards.

I know that's asking for a miracle. The creator coming back and doing a V2 is apparently very unlikely?

If all else fails, my go-to build is a rich, attractive, and charismatic strength type for the purpose of giving myself a comfy, longlived life with an ideal partner. No fancy magic. No outrageous powers. No vast kingdoms. I just try to get closest to my ideal of LMSL: LOOKS, MONEY, SAFETY AND LOVE.

Yeah, the thread hit the creator pretty hard when it was originally posted. I doubt they'll return. But the Endless Desert WiP looks promising and has the same sort of Mentor system, so I'm looking forward to that.

Alright I'm working on the CYOA. I won't even ask RNJesus if I should do it instead of playing video games.

I just wanted to comment on the cyoa, but it wasn't posted in this thread. Not the author.

Building a single character isn't that hard, it's only a page and a half or so. I don't particularly like this cyoa just for the escalating costs on skills and magic - it means the order which bonuses from other sources are applied matters a hell of a lot, to the point where it's annoying.

That most of its length is devoted to picking companions also isn't the best choice of focus.