Have you had any moments like this/tg/?

Have you had any moments like this/tg/?

>moments

That picture accurately sums up most of my life. I'm pretty much a retard who suffers from occasional delusions of competence.

I haven't, but one of my players once grabbed a fleeing harpy while she was trying to flap away across a ravine. He got all excited about bearing her to the ground, and thought he had her caught - so he stabbed her in the wing joint and sent them both plummeting down into said ravine.

Didn't go well.

>Opponent plays a spell that will completely wreck me
>"Jokes on you, I have infinite draw and will just keep drawing until I get a 3 or less costing counter"
>Draw 40 cards before I realize I somehow forgot to put in a 3 or less costing counter spell
>mfw

Every time i make a decision, either by bad rolls or just collateral damage.

>I'm pretty much a retard who suffers from occasional delusions of competence.

too true

>Need to sneak into a mountain cave with a hugeass minotaur guarding it
>Throw my knife away into distance to distract him
>He's distracted, so I sneak past
>But later on, obviously the knife is going to tip the whole minotaur clan off that there's an intruder here
>Why didn't I just throw a rock?
>There were rocks all over the fucking place!

>I'm pretty much a retard who suffers from occasional delusions of competence

That's the most beautiful description i have ever seen, it summarizes so well.

Lots of times in rpgs because my plans clash against roll ñs

fpbp

>running a one shot homebrew where players are cyber vampires in the grimdark space future
>players hijack a small transport shuttle
>find a kid stowed away in the back
>instead of eating the kid they play around with it and let him go back into his hidey box
>PCs reach the base they were looking for and decide tho crash the transport into it in a surprise attack
>only after they jump off and watch the ship explode do they realize they left the kid onboard

every moment is like this

Just beautiful.

>playing a sorceror
>made a play that didn't pay off, get buttfucked and surrounded, not even Misty Step could save me
>I know! I'll cast Force Cage! It'll take me out of the fight but I won't fucking die.
>Do so
>Enemies teleport INTO the cage
>call bullshit
>consult rules as written
>Only mentions a check for teleporting out of the cage, not in.
>get buttfucked while giving the enemies a free short rest while they eat the corpse so I couldn't even be revived

It seemed like a good idea at the time and was a fitting end for that sort of character so I wasn't too mad.

Not me specifically, but my opponent

>Skorne vs Khador, Naaresh beast brick vs Sorcha2 all the WGI
>I kill all his jacks, clear a zone, score two points
>Sorcha2 pops feat, charges one of my heavies to kill it, fails to do so
>immediately realizes he's engaged two of my heavies standing in front of his no focus caster when all his remaining damage is in CRA shooting
>Immediately concedes

Damn, dude. That cut too much.

I had the exact opposite thing happen.
There were evil cultists doing a ritual inside of a force cage so u teleported inside.
Then I realized that I was outnumbered and outmatched and cut off from the rest of the party.

My players were infiltrating a Star Destroyer in Age of Rebellion, and had managed to reach the ship's power facilites. They decided it would benefit their infiltration to turn everything off.

Cue trying to turn it back on in a panic with no Gravity or Lighting, with rapidly decreasing oxygen.

fpbp

Thanks for the blog update, normalfag

Subscribed

>First encounter with a brand new character
>Fighting kobolds (obviously)
>Decide it would be fun to punch them to death because they have such low health
>Punch nearest kobold in the head
>Critical failure, break hand
>Kobold I punched stabs me in the thigh
>Try to punch kobold again with non-broken hand
>Critical failure, break other hand
>Kobold slashes my leg
>Decide to GTFO, try to limp away
>GM, not wanting the fun to end, calls attack of operatunity
>Kobold stabs me through my calf, fall over unconscious
>Rest of party wipes the floor with the kobalds, bring me back to after the fight ended

I will never overcome the shame

Yup, that's me.

Yeah my character's a noble's son from another country who had heard about the other PCs capturing someone from my country during a military attack, who was another player in the group, so my guy got involved by traveling there. But I was playing him as being really overconfident and he got shown up by the PC who had ended up optimizing his dude really well and I got shot down. I ended up hookup up with another PC and we did some side stuff through the campaign, shit was tight.

I feel like that was a pretty ridiculous critfail consequence, though.

Fuck, that hits close to home...

Probably because it was wearing a helmet and metacarpals < metal

Again, will never overcome

>GURPS 4th Edition
>Warcraft One Shot, to show the system
>Players meet some Venture co goblins cutting down a forest (Horde players), sent to investigate and question.
>Goblins start listing off fees and costs to get them to stop, as the shredder lumbers over
>Shadow Priest is talking with them, irritated but had convinced the party he could handle it alone (they were about 30 some feet back watching).
>He goes to slight of hand cast a spell on the sly, they notice. Shredder proceeds to embed its blade in his gut.
>Shreds
>He survives, barely, it drops him unconscious and death checking, nearly at the last level.
>I move on to the others as combat is almost starting
>Priest: "OH WAIT. I WAS IN SHADOW FORM. I WOULD HAVE TAKEN LESS DAMAGE!"
>We check, roll back (had barely moved on), he is now still alive and still on the blade.
>"Oh uh, can I play dead so they drop me like they would have?"
> 6 6 6
> I just make the same noise for the shredder, player hangs his head and we all laugh. (The second round was more than enough to kill him)
His excitement at realizing he would still be alive though. Like screaming it with excitement at the table.

>Hoard of the Dragon Queen
>Fleeing Kobolds & Cultists found, stealthy party
>Playing reborn dragon background in aarakocra body
>"I'm going to disguise myself in a more draconic visage, and leap onto the large stone they're camping by, and try to inspire the kobolds to rally, and we'll bring the cultists slave force to bear on them!"
>Disguise, 1
>Deception, 1
>GM throws me a bone, Persuasion? 7.
>"They all stop eating and just stare as user leaps onto the stone, dressed in what appears to be a cardboard costume of a dragon, drawn in crayon. Screaming something about defeating the overlords. They all stare, food dripping out of one cultist's mouth. As she realizes they're not buying it, she tries to just plead for them (the kobolds) to assist her in fighting them, they all begin to take up arms against her..."
>Fantastic.

kek
>brazzers.jpg

>Exploring an island full of ghouls
>Come across abandoned corn field with effigies all around it
>Party rolls perception
>GM: You get the feeling you are being watched from inside the field
>Aww hell naw, not dealing with more ghouls
>I decide to burn 'em out with alchemists fire
>Proceed to chuck several into the field, setting it ablaze
>Begin to hear screaming from within the field
>Finishes burning after several minutes
>Charred corpse of a little girl laying in the middle of the field
>We never verified if she was actually dead, we later discover she was turned into a ghoul
>Later meet the ghost of her dad still on the island and have to explain myself
I fucked up. Big time.

>Missionary in RT
>About to summon a herald of slaanesh that's bound to the party due to an accident... long story.
>Going to put it into a sword which will stop it from fucking with us in our dreams.
>Prepare for days of IRL time, months of in game time.
>Have a book with the daemons true name that will give me a massive bonus to the binding ritual.
>Need to wait until last moment to read it as daemon names leave your memory quickly.
>The time comes to sneak off alone to perform the ritual, as I don't want our nearby allies knowing what I'm into.
>Take hours making summoning circle in ruined building, making initial incantations, the works, to make sure it goes as smoothly as possible.
>Commence daemon summoning.
>Successfully complete summoning ritual. Fuck yes I rule this is in the bag.
>Immediately realize I forgot to read book to get daemon's true name.

Arnwald managed to pull off the binding but whew lad the corruption points...

>>>/reddit/

And take your new feelsbuddies with you..

Every single time I try to describe my in-game actions past "roll to attack with [weapon]"

Aw fuck, that's good

Awww, did baby need to get this butthurt over someone getting more attention than you?

Poor baby.

>Party of Swashbucklers
>Came across a fence blocking our path.
>Show off by doing some acrobatic flips using the branches of a nearby tree to get over the fence
>Second Swashbuckler tries to do better.
>Crit Fail, hits the branch, falls to the ground
>Tries again.
>Crit Fail, hits the branch falls to the ground again. Takes enough damage, dex penalties now.
>Tries to just climb tree, jump over.
>Crit fails, lands on fence, more damage, still not over fence.
>Third party member asks if there's a gate.
>There is, and it's open.

God damn it, man

>Character goes to parley with leader of magical terrorists who have really wrecked some serious shit
>Talk actually goes pretty well, he's an alright guy and apparently decides to step down from his position and go his own way
>Before he leaves he casts some spell on my character to help her slip out unnoticed
>Don't really know what he did, figure it was some kind of glamour.
>No mirrors around to actually check what he did
>Don't really have complete faith in it, so decide to make my own disguise on top of whatever he did
>Decide to procure one of the jackets that the bad guys wear as a uniform and slip out pretending to be one of them
>Luckily for me, there's a nearby coat rack with several of them, and there's even one in my character's uncommon size
>Figure out that these jacket were made for all the PCs, as the leader was hoping to get us to join his cause
>Feel pretty smart for piecing that together
>Try to leave the palace, almost get out before running into one of the mooks
>Character's introduction mentions a tag on her jacket that says her name and rank
>They have names on their jackets and I'm wearing a jacket made for me
>All my earlier thoughts of cleverness come crashing down as I realize I disguised myself as myself
>Not to mention the leader's spell wasn't a glamour. it healed my character's distinctive scars, which would've made her pretty unrecognizable had I not given myself away
>Now not only am I recognized, but they think I've joined them and are asking for my help with some problem since I'm apparently the highest ranked officer nearby
And that's the story of how I joined the bad guys

>fighting from ship in cove
>my swim mod is garbage, I'll stay on this ship and not drown
>not to mention dire sharks pulling the ship
>out of magic missiles, take out gnomish handcannon for the first time
>was barely briefed on how it works, point and shoot and it'll hurt them
>the other end of the cove is a sheer cliff, curved inward
>fire
>there goes the element of surprise
>group of pirates show up in a rowboat, barb flees, rogue stomped and bound
>nighttime so not seen yet
>get idea
>I'll alert them again, then they'll get in their dinghy and come over here, then I'll burn their ship with alchemist fire
>alert them
>they toss the hostage in their boat
>fuck
it didn't end well for anyone on their boat

>I'm going to work on some OC about something I think would be kind of cool
>*Clicks post*

Remember, if you think about things, you're either wrong or autistic. Maybe both. Probably both.

I thought swashbucklers were good at fencing

My shadowrun GM was new and we followed this pair of people to a cabin in the mountains. I cannot remember why because the campaign was not that memorable. The two arbitrarily escape, set off an avalanche, and run towards it. I run after them while the party escapes, the two disappear and I get caught in the avalanche.

Don't know what I expected to happen honestly.

I'd hug you if I could
no homo ofc

>Playing reborn dragon background in aarakocra body

You deserved all of that and more

>GMing a pathfinder campaign
>players must escape the jail to flee the town getting raided by orcs
>Player A noticed the chains are rusty and the stones are loose
>rolls to yank the chain
>fails with a 2
>dislocates his left arm
>rolls to yank the other chain
>rolls 1
>dislocates his right arm
>let him do a mercy roll
>20
>he yanks forward and falls face flat
>rolls 2x d3 dmg + 1 for his face
>his party mates free themselves and laugh at his misfortune
>gets out of the jail and dies because he got too close to a fire.

>I disguised myself as myself
It's the perfect plan. The one move they'd never expect.

sounds like a joke campaign, nothing out of line

Ayyyyyy

Fuck.

>That picture accurately sums up most of my life.
That picture accurately sums up the entire human experience.

At least you're not alone, though, right?

What no backup batteries for lifesupport? That's just a dickmove from your gm user