Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Custodes Should Be In Index 1 With The Rest Of The Mutants edition
Index 2 is for real humans only subedition. [spoilers]And ogryn. [/spoilers][spoilers]And Cyborgs. [/spoilers][spoilers]And girls.[/spoilers]

8th Edition Release Date: June 3

>Previous thread

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-death-guard/

>Your daily duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=Iq4if1K0gm8

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2017/05/24/hygiene-is-high-priority/
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/24/new-warhammer-40000-a-forge-world-datasheet-may24gw-homepage-post-4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for not working spoilers

Second for Orks being good again?

>LOOTED ORDINATII WHEN?

HOLY FUCK YES FUCKING YES KILL MAIM BURN PRAISE KHORNE RIP AND TEAR

RIP AND TEAR THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reminder that this is a Grand Cultivator of Nurgle and it has an IC rider.

autism: the post

>xenocuck mad he will never get a leviathan
top kek

Huh, so Pox Walkers have Blight-pox.

Daily reminder that the Seraphim came second.

so was there any new links by GW today?

Just Forge World.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/24/new-warhammer-40000-a-forge-world-datasheet-may24gw-homepage-post-4/

Oh shit I totally forgot about that piece of art.

Retarded jump nuMarines have been canon all this time!

SoBcucks blown the fuck out yet again.

Damn this thing is scary. What power level (from a meta perspective not the literal power level GW gives us) is this at from a guard perspective? On a scale of:
Guardsmen
Ogryn
Sentinel
Chimera
Hellhound
Leman Russ
Macharious tank
Baneblade superheavy
Titan

Apparently khorne berserkers fight twice now. Presumably the second one is at the end of the fight phase, after everyone else has had a go.

Also, all chaos marines get some rule which lets them attack again if they roll a 6 to hit in close combat possibly just against imperials.

Not really convinced this is good game design. Surely just giving a bonus to hit or more attacks would make things simpler and faster?

1 attack at 3+ with a bonus attack on a 6+ is 0.78 hits per attack and 1 attack at 2+ is 0.83 hits. Is the difference really so important you need an extra set of rolls for every unit every time they fight?

Who Emperor's Children for 8th ed here?

Can a cybot get alzheimer?

Waldo is by the Lemon Russ below the Stormblade

>Blight-pox
At least it isn't plague disease.

If the whole Sangunior is Sanguinius is truly going to happen i hope its just that Sangunior is just like the spirit of Sanguinius and not actually him. IT would at least make me happy to think its just that the blood angels collective warp presence brought a bit of Sanguinius back to help them.

Me.

>Perkins Jr.
His legal lives on!

how does Veeky Forums feel about new scale marines for 8th?

ma nigga

Probably about macharius level.

Baneblade > knight > leviathan dread > normal vehicle

I thought the death guard were shorter.

Where's my scaled mk6 corvus?

There's significant variation. One of them is the same height as an old marine, this one seems to be the same height as a primaris.

Makes sense, I suppose. Gives you more variety and not all of them would be the same height.

Can;t wait to see Orks dread mob from forgeworld.
Mmmm

But user that art is from marines.

We are talking of your new overlords the Primaris Marines!

To CSM players, a question: did your Hellbrutes/Dreads have marks or legion rules before? Cuz looking at the missing keywords, and , it seems they will now.

Even GW says you greasy neckbeards need a shower:

>Regular prayer will reinforce your immune system so that you may repel infection as easily as the Skitarii-manned defence guns of an Imperator Titan repel enemy infantry attacks.
I kek'd

Pretty sure there isn't going to be a dreadmob list. There will be units with the ork faction and if you want to make an army of dreads you can choose the detachment with loads of heavy support slots.

In 30k the non-Chaosified version is 270 points base. Those points don't translate exactly to 40k, but it's basically pointed like a Malcador.

Yes, but they must make super-cool dread-mob stratagems.
Like - 5CP - all orks dreads, kans, nauts, and stompas repair all wounds and Use Only One weapons.
Just like in apoc.games.

Fine with it. Been waiting a while for true scale marines.

no, vehicles haven't have access to marks since 3.5

i don't think it matters since they aren't using their brains

Is there any indication what'll happen to Heretics and Renegades? Did they say they'd be in one of the indexes or are they to be released by Forge World?

What's the worst thing you've done inside a GW store?
Me: during one of those 4th ed. sweaty neckbeard shoulder to shoulder back to the wall event games that took up the entire store, i crouched down below the table and stole a chaplain (ironic) off the shelf by slipping it in my model bag. I was only 14 or so. still feel bad about it

Just wish instead of calling them primaries marines, they were just the new marines period. Scale chaos marines likewise. That way marines are proper scale with proper stats, and are truly elite shock troop/intervention style heavy infantry. On top of it all, you can use your old marines as new marines.

Saw this the other day.

Penitent Knights!

That's dumb, tbqh. Penitent engines are supposed to be cheap and disposable pieces of equipment.

It looks pretty okay though. I give 7/10

Does shooting rapid fire still prevent you from charging? Assault still exists so probably.

>T8 24W -or- T3 1W to sniper weapons

FW has confirmed that they're updating their marines instantly and might get around to updating some other stuff eventually.
So we might get a new ork book when 10th edition comes out.

>just finished painting a callidus assassin
>3 more to go
Which assassin should I paint next, Veeky Forums?

Eversor.

>On top of it all, you can use your old marines as new marines.
Yeah, that's exactly why they didn't do that.

So it's likely I'll have to run my Khorne Ultramar Auxilia as just guard until proper rules come out.
Oh well. Gives me time to model the vets as gladiators.

green putty+plastic+terminator legs=FUCK YOU

Brazzers logo is missing.

Chaos is one of the FW books they are doing at launch, so hopefully all in there.

What's the best way to find warhammer players when living in the villages lads? Wouldn't mind some 8th editioning.

So, are they going to release new CSM like the one at the bottom of the pic, or is that just a one-off?

You will get your everchosen undivided.

>eventually
they said everything should be out by the end of june

Isn't that a possessed?

New chaos marines are probably not going to happen until story progresses to Fabius Bile stealing the primaris process or something like that to justify them getting bigger.

Anybody have a comparison pic between Abaddon and the Primaris?

head to the nearest FLG
i spend 1 hour in transit going to mine

I knew the Waldo I used was too fat.

Why isn't Eldar more popular? Space marines are boring, seriously. If I wanted space marines, I'd play Mass Effect.

I like this idea, and is initially what I thought the new marine was. A bit disappointed when I found out about the "primaries marines" to be frank.
And as you say, they could have even given you the option of using the old marines. As long as GW was supplying new stuff (up-scaled everything!), people would eventually buy the new cool stuff, and we all know this!

Bets on the first old marine character to take the primaris treatment?

Also, does the entire 40k setting run on bigger=better now? The new captain is notably bigger than the generic primaris.

The hell does -5 AP do? Remove the 2+ armor entirely?

By everything they meant 1 book per *major* faction.
I doubt renegades and heretics will get a mention, let alone rules, Dred mob and Elysian shock troopers will probably be squatted too. Maybe death korps will get rules, but that's as niche as they'll probably go with sub-factions.

Dante.

I don't want to be allah snackbared to play with toy soldiers.

Giving marines a new unit will sell those models more effectively than just upscaling marines. Now everyone will buy a new marine army who wants one and the oldfags will buy the new super marines for their current lists

Is there anything mentioned so far as to the release of new Daemon units?

And combat effects that reduce ap.

Fabius bile was already making 'new men' however long ago.

But I think they just represented that with combat drugs.

Will be very sad if there's something Bile can't do which Cawl can.

Probably Siccarius or Calgar. Ultramarines have had the procedure the longest.

>It makes sense. Cypher somehow knew about Primaris Marines. He and the Fallen helped Rowboat to get close. When they left, they took the information on how to become Primaris. We'll have Primaris Fallen. It's why we didn't get a new Fallen kit.

Yes.

Also useful for offsetting any bonuses to save, which seem pretty common.

Eldar is very popular but they're space elves and people prefer to play as humans mostly.

Space marines are nothing like mass effect. If you want mass effect it'd be like guard/Tau alliances not space marines.

Space marines would be the villains in mass effect.

So it's not true that armor can't be reduced below 6+?

Armour can be reduced to 7+ (removed entirely)

Yes, although cover is now an armour save modifier so it might still be possible to get a 6+ or even 5+ against it.

he's just a whim away

Did they ever claim that to be true? What did you think happened when 6+ armour met -1 Ap?

a 2+ becomes a 7+, but can still be affected by other modifiers (being in cover would bring a 7+ to a 6+, psychic buffs might have a way to improve it also, etc)

if it is like AoS, models without a save at all cannot gain one through buffs.

1 out of 10 in my local meta is Eldar.

is this the first unit we've seen with over S10 attacks?

>marines
>outclassing mechanicus
>at anything
>ever

You know which one.

They said they didn't want people to be removing models without being able to do anything about it. 6+ being the worst armor save seemed implied.

No

1/3 here

¿?¿?

Ah yes
New GW

so it might vary a bit from AoS then. Likely they will also copy over the rule from the GHB that prevents 1+ armor saves.

Mass Effect does not have Space Marines
At least say Starship Troopers

How much is due to popularity and GW shoving marines everywhere.

Each edition starter has marines.
Beside the bike game for DE has marines (unless I forgot of another)

There is marines everywhere, to the point of making the elite soldiers the common regular army.

Was it at least nice looking, you walking human garbage?

Ork Faction Focus tomorrow. What do y'all expect?
>doubling cost of all ork units because model count is too high.
>vehicles and guns stop working once you take too many casualties because waaagh energy dying down.
>ghazghkull squatted
>orks no longer have flyers or jetbikes because no high tech.
>ork boys have 1/2 wound characteristic which means, as long as something hits they die with only cover saves allowed.

wd kitbash

>getting new players into the hobby is a bad thing
the vedros box is actually a really sweet value

Treatment?
I thought Primaris were humans grown better than normal marines, not marines who got double marine'd.

mechanicus players are becoming the new tau players.