>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Reinforcements are en route
youtube.com/watch?v=UID6LEzvRRo

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/forum/3012278/
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kicking it off with my varanguard knight, apart from some highlights and touchups its finished, ideas for basing?

So what you think of my Dark Eldar?

I wish I had his waistline.

4th for wet palettes

Came up with this off-white colour by accident and actually quite like it.

Not sure which chapter to do with it though, any ideas?

any idea how to remove silicone layer form baking paper, I feel like my paints are not getting hydrated, just slightly delayed with drying.
I used to have amazing baking paper, but I ran out of that one and I couldn't find exactly the same brand.

That would make an excellent base for White Scars. Mind sharing your technique?

White Scars.

Good luck getting the red and yellow to look good!

Honestly, best bet is to go to a different shop and buy different paper. I've heard that soaking the parchment for a minute or so in hot water helps, but I never do that.

Also, some of those paints have been on there for 3 days and about 8 hours out in the open.

I'd say go for some cracked earth effect with browns and greys, maybe some pale green/brown tutfs and cork rocks, lava is too obvious and would probably blend waaay to much with that kind of paintjob.

I would say to tone down the red, but it is deldartgdudufh or whatever they are now.

yeah a paintjob with cool and warm colors featured so prominently is tough to harmonize with a base, so i second something really neutral - medium brown/beige earth with some muted green

Mentors chapter

If you don't mind painting the torso green.

Got u senpai

It's literally just;

> corax white primer
> cover with 1:1 Agrax and Lahmian Medium
> drybrush white Scar
> edge highlight white scar

neat scheme overall, but the paint is way too thick and chunky. also some major slops of paint from one area to another. cool idea you just need way more practice before you can make a model that detailed look good.

It looks messy. You should really look at the painting tutorials on Warhammer's youtube channel. They'll set you on the right track.

>want to paint them quick
>use pre-shading and glazes on skin
>finish that in no time
>go for white armour form grey primer, bretty quick aswell
>then decide to learn freakin NMM on them
>it took just as long as other models I've been paiting

Star Phantoms

Edgy devestator marines make me hard though

>And we've got rides, and cotton candy, and Tzaangors, too! All colors!

you actually got too good at painting in the course of learning these techniques! the weapons look way better than the flesh/armor. those are OK, they just look a bit hurried/slapdash in comparison

I made a neat dice tower internal build and I'm looking for ideas on how to cover it. I'd be very grateful for any ideas.

good point, at first i was thinking of a lava base but it would compete with the colors of the mini too much. Muted brown earth and pale grass would sound great, but my krieg guys already have a similar base theme, pic related, maybe something gray...

/wip/ I need your help
I found some old orks and with 8th coming up I want to repaint them to a decent quality.
I want to keep the same color scheme, but when I painted them I was using the old GW paint range. I'm not sure what the purple I used was, but I believe it was Warlock Purple.
Can anyone confirm based on pic related? Also is there a conversion chart for the old paints to the new?

Well, those parts were supposed to be done quick and I'm aware that I could push them way further - especially the skin where I did not put higlights at all, (besides feathers and blended tencales at back). But it's my battleline infantry, and hopefully, I will go full crazy with one riding dics and heroes.

I share early (and poorly photographed) wip of enlighted.

It would be genestealer purple form GW, or hexed lichen form vallejo.

how do you properly shade the floor area of those discs? I tried washing and drybrushing but the details seem too fine for either.

quick question, im planning to prime black my minis with an airbrush. i heard priming with a rattlecan when humidity levels are high is a bad idea, is this the same with airbrushing?

Actually, I did some checking (thanks Dawn of War army painter!) and it turns out it was liche purple.

get parchment paper, not wax paper. they look real similar but are two different things

Hey /wip/

The other day in one of these threads I asked for recommendations for stripping paint. I picked up some Dettol as someone suggested and it's come up tops! Thanks guy!

No you should be fine senpai.

That does look neat! When you say cover it do you mean seal/varnish it or ideas for a case?

I always seem to post this stuff right as a thread ends.

To answer The legs are from Victoria Miniatures.

ok, thanks daddy

So I want to do Mars themed camo and bases for my UNSC marines. What colors should I look for? I'm figuring 2/1 red/brown for metal bits and 2/1 brown/red for fatigues for color differentiation, but what shades of red and brown should I look for?
Pic related, Mars looks a lot like Arizona.

ThiccSiren user here. Made some more progress on the Siren herself. Ended up making a sonic blaster for her (Will add more later) ...

And...

That delightful fuckin' rear. So proud of this thing. Just need to find a way to smooth it better.

Vallejo game color and model color have a very nice selection of browns, some of which reach into the red spectrum quite a bit.
I'd grab a color chart from them and start there.

Whatchyall think?

Still need a good idea for glowing eyes. But I may just leave them without the glow.

looks like he is underwater with the basing. Not sure if that is what you were going for.

The liberal application of verdigris also makes him look somewhat like a statue. It's important not to let it collect in joints on armor. Otherwise you end up with a pool of it in a recess where the armor plates would not be connected, but the verdigris give it the appearance of a solid surface.

It may help to pick out the weapons and maybe some details of the backpack or whatever techy bits he has to make it look more like a dude in armor instead of a statue.

Ignore what I said it this is just the first step in your process, the base just kind of give is a finished look.

Guys I'm looking for a website that had lots of really strange 40k conversions on them, lots of strange inquisitor retinue

could start by googling for Inq28 hobby blogs.
wilhelm miniatures is the only one that I can think of from the top off my head, but there are others.

that's just a random picture, sorry.
What I made is made of wood, I'd take a picture but it's already dark today and I have no light to take a proper picture. I'm looking to make an outer shell for the internal structure, could be looking like that obelisk, it's a bit more squat though, not as tall. I'm thinking of what material I should use, since I have leftover wood paneling but I don't want to add that much weight.

Actually, that's great. From what you've said, I hit my goal perfectly.

The idea is that they are indeed statues that have been left underwater for a while. They're now rising to the call of their captain, who is the only one to have survived.

I aimed for a relatively quick and easy scheme that will actually produce decent looking models. I waste so much time on single models that I've never had a painted army.

Yes I found the one I was looking for one the side bar of Wilhelm Minatures, thanks man!

Check out the Ammo Bunker Forum they have a whole board of INQ 28 stuff that's pretty out there.

s3.zetaboards.com/The_Ammobunker/forum/3012278/

Jeff Vader's stuff there is amazing.

Hmmm you could get some High Density insulation foam from a hardware store, very light and easy to carve. Seals up easy enough with PVA glue. Probably not terribly durable though. Maybe try just sculpting greenstuff directly on to it?

I happen to have a softer variant of that which I usually use for making terrain features like walls and buildings
I suppose it will have to do for now, I need it done by Friday evening

exprofundis has some great stuff, though most of their more recent works are chaos

I once got a model looking like that when I tried stripping it with wrong stripper and it started melting before the paint came off

First of four Autocannon Havocs for my Death Guard. I'm unsure on how the cannon itself came out, but I don't have any ideas to improve the design.

Sorry for bad picture, all I have on me is my phone.

I think in that case the effect was intentional, but they kind of went overboard with it

Looks great

I'm not sure if the parts would be compatible but maybe use one of the autocannon reloads from the IG kit? It has visible shells so it would look different from the normal HB magazine.

these guys definitely look better
it seems on the big guy they wanted to have barnacles but just went with thick sand texture

it reads as an autocannon so that works

autocannons are not modeled as consistently as many other weapons. Havoc autocannons, predator autocannons, and Chaos Terminator autocannons both look very different.

Looks grand.

I appreciate that a lot anons.

Here's another Death Guard that I was particularly pleased with; a Possessed. He still needs some green stuff, but it's mostly there.

Can I get some holla holla critique?

Okay woah not

user can i steal this

gs work does not look smooth at all

your kitbashed sonic blaster doesn't look like a sonic blaster. It looks like an eldar weapon with a big supressor made by the tau.

what is the point of this? you wanted a smut model? there are plenty out there already

Fucking sweet dude (not original reply dude) always wanted to do a space marine chapter with that theme

Anybody get like, crumbs in the GW grey and white paints?

It's hella easy man. That's a big reason I like it. It goes like this:

1) Base: Balthazaar gold (thin it or use air)

2) Shade: Reikland Fleshshade

3) Techinal: absolutely drown in oxide. I basically used it as a wash

4) Drybrush: Balthazar Gold again. You might experiment with another metal. I found that this creates a uniform statue look, which is what I'm going for. If you're looking to have live but corroded suits, I might use something else.

Got these guys pretty much done

looked nicer before the weathering

I've had it with some of the "base" paints

About to get started on bulking my 12 gaunt squads out to 20's

Thanks bro, ive had a probably VERY dumb idea for an aquatic base but i like the look of yours

Only with my White scar so far. And I can (usually) squish them smooth with my mixing brush

>4/10 done
>want to die and burned out already
help
whyd I pick an army the three colours I struggle the most with.
I want to go back to painting blue and red and green.

I'm going to use some actual sand. This was that shitty basing paint, painted tan/white. Looks bad. The seaweed is preserved moss and I like that bit a lot.

it's good to challenge yourself, if you keep doing "safe" schemes it's just boring and you'll get stuck in a rut and never get better.

Yellow looks really nice, any trick or just the patience of a saint?

Also, a quick and dirty drybrush of those bases would make them look a lot better for 10 minutes of work.

By and large looks pretty good! The white on the shoulders stands out as a bit messy maybe. What are you building up to it with?

airbrush for yellow on most but patient saint on the first 3

and the dry brush is the last step just the texture paint is drying still

Its just multiple thin coats of celestia grey built over abaddon black with ulthuan grey fine highlight. The problem is cleaning up the black trim and washing the shoulderpads that makes most of the mess

Can you make a wash by just deluding the fuck out of a normal paint, or does it have to be its own thing? Using Vallejo.

I am finally, once and for all, out of bits

>Also is there a conversion chart for the old paints to the new?

Yes. Pic related is the official GW translator. If you look in the OP, you will see this link, which is more comprehensive and covers other manufacturers besides Citadel:

dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

Does anybody have anything else for Chaos Runes? I've got three references.

I want more options for inscriptions on Chaos models and such, but Warhammer Chaos script isn't as convenient as - say - Daedric.

Reposting, I'mma try and get these guys done I promise. Got distracted tonight though and played Talisman all night with the BF

I was skeptical when I first saw these unpainted, user, but they are really turning out nice!

Looks very nice user.

very t h i c c

>Inq28 hobby blogs
>Look him up
>Thinks the new Eldrad model isn't as good as the old one
I heartily disagree.

For any ork people out there:
What sort of wash do you like on your ork skin? Black, brown, or dark green?

Depends. For big warbosses I like a nice black shade to really make him look dark. For boyz I'll usually go in for Agrax so I can wash them and the armor at the same time. For really pale greenskins, like Grotz or Snotlings, I might use a very dark green shade.

I've got a similar project in my closet, but every time I pull them out to work on them, I remember how much time and effort they take and they get put back.

>spent a shit ton on hobby materials and paints
>skip buying files or sandpaper cause i figure some household stuff will do
>immediately find myself lacking with coarse connection points that i cant make totally smooth

wtf i thought painting was supposed to be the most time consuming. Cleaning these space marines is taking ages

A good set of files is like 10 bucks at the hardware store, it's not had to get tools

First try at a Leman Russ for my Death Korps. Somewhat related, I put a Vulcan mega bolter on a Chimera chassis for my engineers to ride around in. Forgive me, Magos.

I suppose, sucks spending hundreds and the one item you think you can cheap out on turns out to be important as well.

Can anyone Identify these bear sculpts?

Is there a list of shade/base/highlight paints for Vallejo like there is for citadel?

Maybe rocky/cliff type base? Mostly grey with few tufts of grass?