Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What have you been doing with tieflings lately? Made any? Played any? Met some in game? What are your favorite tiefling heritages and why does every other minmaxer play the regular tiefling and take an Int to social trait/feat?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5066446#post-5066446
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77276/pilgrimage-to-the-demonlands
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/angel/angel-empyrean/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I really don't like tieflings for the same reason I don't like CN
They get the worst fucking players

Can you please start using a trip so you can get banned already?

Don't forget the fucking aasimar and paladins too while you're at it.

Literally every Aasimar/Tiefling/Paladin player you run into is always some sort of massive cunt.

But Aasimar are worse. They have no negative attributes and everyone likes them.

>not gnomes

This is unironically the best of the three (3) new threads we have so there we go.

They're the same fucking shit on the other end, one is literally demons but not demons and the other is angels but not angels

I have a feetish for shortstacks and I think halfling feet are disgusting so gnomes, by default are a ok with me.

I want to fuck a qt grill gnome in the throat while sniffing her feet

So, what do people think of Felix's Ensoulment app?

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5059213/applications/?pageforid=5066446#post-5066446

What I want to make is a tiefling that has the body type of a cartoon bouncer with dragging his knuckles about but having a constant nobleman's smug face as he tears things apart with his fangs and claws. But I still can't decide what class supports going for natural attacks.

Currently recruiting games:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77276/pilgrimage-to-the-demonlands
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path

HELLO I AM INDIAN

Alchemist.

Why not play a (succubus) demon-spawn tiefling paladin? They have the Strength and Charisma for it.

Made an illuisonist Daemon Tiefling for cute purposes.

Too bad I can't play online games.

Cute tiefling... I wanna use it, but...

No martial that can do it? I kinda want to go full "rip n tear" with the guy.

But what?

It's trash, this is the power of roll20 randos

Probably the weakest completed app. It doesn't look like any effort went into formatting it, the character concept really just comes down to him being a dude, the writing is poor, and he's got nothing going on as an icon.

Could a Hag covenant make a deal with Hobgoblins horde to get slaves or make humans useful for something? I'm thinking of using it as an explanation for a large number of Tieflings.

If this is Felix's player, I need to be frank with you that the application is bad; it's not just the poor writing, but rather the complete lack of direction you've got for the character. Felix seems to be little more than "some guy" in a campaign that specifically asks you to make a character built around some virtue or quality that Skalds could weave a song about.

Worse than Mouse. At least she was smart enough to listen to critique and fix her bare-bones app

Which ones are the strongest?
I'd say Giancarlo, Cornelia, and Jericho work best for the tone of the game. Witch is also good but she has the whole robin hood thing going on when talking to the princess...which is like, I mean, you can't talk about taking from the rich when talking to a rich guy.

Hag's give birth to Changelings, not Tieflings

I know.

I was thinking of making a ritual to make puny humans useful for something, a ritual that backfires.

Too naked to be for a serious app. If I posted an app with that it'd get memed into oblivion and I'd have to delete my app.

I want to play that one DEX/INT (Daemon?) Tiefling bloodline as a Dark Elementalist//Harbinger gestalt who is pretty much exactly what you expect.

An incredibly smart guy who smokes on souls like after-sex cigars and uses his brainpower to fuck people over, because he's just that much of a douche. But he's not edgy. In fact, he'd really be more like a friendly guy, a bit homely looking, who reads a ton of books...

it just so happens he fuels his powers by horribly tormenting the souls of the damned

I'm confused as to how Kineticist could be considered #3 and not the Spherecaster.

>be tiefling
>be class that uses no armor or weapons

Why not?

woah boom

You should make Tamamo-no-Mae.

The clever and cruel Kitsune courtesan who seeks to topple the last remnants of Empire, and may or may not fall madly in love with a cutie prince!

Can changelings and tieflings be friends?

>madly in love
That's Kiyohime, not Tamamo-no-Mae.

Here's a fun question guys.

Tell me about te Monks, Pugilists, and Martial Artists you've played, specifically about their fighting style. What is they're fighting style primarily like, and do you base it off of any pre-existing styles at all? If so, what styles do you prefer to base them off of? It could be anything from Judo to Boxing to Glima.

Should I make Genghis Khan a Hobgoblin or Human? Could a human take over Hobgoblins Hosts and form an empire?

But I've seen Elvanna's stats, tactics and the whole fight. She is weak sauce compared to almost any other CR 20 boss fights. If Karzoug is the ghost pepper in comparison Elvanna is a bell pepper.

Not as funny as the democracy advocate writing to a monarchy's princess.

Karzoug is not that strong even for a CR 20.

Some of the stronger CR 20 outsiders could kick his ass.

I suggested alchemist mostly because it has mutagen, access to more natural attacks and also the vivisectionist archetype. Vivis give sneak attacks, sneak attacks combo well with anything that allows you to make a whole bunch of attacks, and a natural attack build in theory help you make a lot of them.

>dat filename
My man

>Could a human take over Hobgoblins Hosts and form an empire?
Only if said human proved his wit, cunning, and martial superiority and was able to no only crush all the competition, but get the backing of that one LE Barghest God. Otherwise, go Hob

>not tai chi

I full attack the enemy with my unarmed strikes and they die extra dead

Back when I still did Pathfinder Society, my Master of Many Styles monk was the bane of my local GMs Because I went Crane + Snapping Turtle Styles and after a few sessions people would do the "Cant touch this." thing whenever my turn in combat would start.

Is it more awesome to kill an enemy with a weapon or with unarmed attacks?

Because a monster with CR20 is marginally stronger always when talking about enemies simply because they have their own rules depending on their type. A giant with cr20 is a stronger fighter than a level 20 fighter, a cr20 dragon is worth an entire party and a cr20 outsiders have crazy bullshit that make them effectively, in the case of angels for one, a level 20 paladin with level 16 cleric's spell list and AC of a full-plate shield fighter.

Imo, context matters far more than weapon choice.

Didn't PFS nerf Crane Wing?

Anyone play the Way of the Wicked 3p AP? My friends and I are going to be running it next week, and I was wondering if it was any good or not.

Twice, actually. I think it got buffed more recently.

Could you take Dimensional Ark Abyssia off this listing? It's a dead game.

Thanks

For a guy meant to be fought by 4 level 16 jobbers he's pretty strong. Rune giants are also pretty nice and a couple of full attacks deal decent damage.

If the player's missed a few key encounters in that book (which some groups are likely to miss due to the amount of time the players have before they auto lose) then he'll have a few more minions with class levels to help him out in the fight.

My 3.5 GM whose idea of "balanced encounters" involved only two PCs dying every other encounter Included lvl 20 Nualia whose corpse we failed to find back in book 1 as well as that slag lvl 20 fighter slag making shit fucking inconvenient during the time we fought him.

So I am planning on having four Rajadhiraja Maharaja Rakshasa Which apparently means "King of the Kings of Rakshasa" as the setting's major movers and shakers on a global scale. Do you think this is strong enough? I know Maharaja are CR 20, and Rajadhiraja are a step up from that, but I'm not sure how big of a step up this should be.

I'm supposed to give each a unique abilities. Already decided one was to dimension lock everything within 50 miles of his location, and as you get closer to him there are progressively stronger Slow-like effects.

says who

Could Karzoug kill an empyrean angel?

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/angel/angel-empyrean/

They also have one of the best favored class bonuses for paladins. Stacks really well with Fey Foundling.

Still need to make my hyper racist gun wizard for Iron Fang.

Does anyone have the rogue genius games stuff the GM is allowing?

Giancarlo makes my app look like dogshit.

It's pretty good, actually.

who are you

>Please note all Open Gaming Network sites will be down for maintenance on Friday the 26th of May, 9-12am GMT/4-7am EST/3-6am MT/1-4am PST

>tfw I was making an Avowed, which doesn't use armour
D-don't tempt me!

You lost me.

Maybe? I dunno d20pfsrd isnt loading for me for some reason so I can't check, but the GM played Karzoug as a textbook wizard during the time we fought him so he focused on jacking his homies while fucking with us every step of the way.

Ichabod. I'd play cards with Giancarlo.

Way of the Wicked has a totally horseshit opening.

>start in prison
>basically no gear at all
>prison guards have 13 HP each
>basically no places to hide

Literally why.

yeah sorry about that
Giancarlo is like "I'm Ichabod but stronger"

Avowed used armor famalam.

What do I have to do to play an avowed in a bunnysuit and still have good AC?

Sorcerer casts color spray and you coup de grace them?

Bunnysuit of DEX +6 Inherent

I had a drunken master monk, hes a bounty hunter based

Use a Glamored enchantment on a suit of Mithral chainmail!

If you know your app won't make it into a game, should you withdraw it or complete it and leave it up out of respects? I just realized that my scheduling would likely be incompatible for the game I'm eyeing looking at all the other apps.

Because ideally one of you will have pocket sa-I mean Color Spray so they're basically just there as decoration anyway?

Splash in a Scaled Fist monk?

It was great fun.

Especially running a summoner. "Go, die for me, my servant."

It's all good. More competition makes the app process more interesting.

You've got only so many spells a day.

You can complete it and leave it up if you want but make sure to note you won't be actually able to participate.

Working on apps as we speak, bruv

Bartitsu.

I specialized in cane fighting, grapples, and throws, with some (green) fire and lightning magic thrown in for style.

I also augmented this with alchemy... Mixing blends of magical potions and tobaccos into magical blends I could smoke in a pipe. My character smoked a lot, and if not for disease curing magic, would probably be dead of lung cancer.

why is everyone suddenly acting like DHB's newest creepy old man this time literally faceless for extra NTR will work on a campaign about heroes?

Sounds cool at least. If you think they are underpowered, you can give them a strong minion and write it off as strong people attracting other strong people

You get 4 at level 1 if you took 20 int, sorcerer would probably have color spray or sleep and grease while wizard will have something better.

Round 1: Shoot crappy cantrip while everyone else gets into a mud fight
Round 2: everyone now in formation, move in and cast colorspray, most if not all will fail their save
Round 3: Your niggas pick up the fallen guards weapons and beat the remaining ones to death
Win fight, next encounter your martials now have their weapons and armor and you still have 2~3 color sprays to ensure they win those fights.

>this guy comes and steals your deck wat do

What the fuck are you talking about? I've looked at his app extensively and it feels like a damn good fit. Plus, Jericho's likely filling the same niche as my app. So, I gotta know where I stand.

shoo shoo witch hunter, you won't take Batman Judge Dredd Snek from us!
Further, there isn't even any NTR in the build, you're high on your own delusions

Give me the skinny on the app. I'm curious.

Are you the DM?

Nothing, because this is Pathfinder, not You-Gay-Hoe

I use powerful jutsu!

My app or DHB's?

Nope, I'm a prospective player.

>no NTR
>+22 to intimidate in vigilante form

>round 1, roll low on initiative, get one shotted

Both

Nigga that's such an asspull I can feel your flabby fingers clawing at my rump from across the internet

By your logic, every vanilla Inquisitor ever played is meant for NTR

Wizards and sorcerers have a good chance of winning init. And unless the GM is metagaming and sends every single npc to stab you, you won't die instantly.

Are changelings good for player character?

>not geeking the mage first

>that newest pilgrimage app inquisitor
Can women even NTR people?