Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What are the living arrangements of your current character(s)?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1_ZXUS-3PD3hHR5NvRKaq9lEIIm4uz7zDW6jExOXr0-s/edit?usp=sharing
geekdad.com/2017/05/drift-geekdad-exclusive-look-at-starfinder/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1218057
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53415546/#53416963
paizo.com/products/btpy9gnj/discuss?The-Genius-Guide-to-Variant-Multiclassing-Rules
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In a tent, next to the tent containing her crush!

One is bunking with the other members of his order. The other hasn't had a place to go for a while.

Just gonna take a moment to drop this off. A quick and dirty Initiating Mesmerist. It's designed to be used w/ the Vexing Daredevil archetype for actual proper swashbuckling, but should function perfectly fine on its own (I think). Would like to hear your thoughts on it, /pfg/.

docs.google.com/document/d/1_ZXUS-3PD3hHR5NvRKaq9lEIIm4uz7zDW6jExOXr0-s/edit?usp=sharing

In a tent with room for one more.

I don't think you play pathfinder, enjoy your more-pretend-than-usual stories.

old old thread
old ded thread

More information about Starfinder came out regarding the Drift, the way FTL works in the game system.

geekdad.com/2017/05/drift-geekdad-exclusive-look-at-starfinder/

I find it neat that it ALWAYS takes less than a week to get to the central station

Apparently the starstone makes for a very effective subspace beacon.

God I love the vic viper

Currently recruiting games:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home

>Literally just The Warp/Empyrean
>with the Starstone as a Not!Astronomicon
Sasuga Paizuri

He owns a modest two bedroom house which he used to share with his girl who since left him for cheating on her. Now he is letting the weird angsty teenage runaway stay in the spare room.

Is he fucking the runaway?

So, Aside from an Amulet of Mighty Fists, what other magical items are necessary for a UC Monk? I'm not asking for the whole shopping list, just the mandatory stuff.

Assume Flower Court Budget

Cloak of Resistance, Wand of Mage Armor, Monk's Robes.

He's a vagabond so wherever he can afford.

>He didn't forget Ironfang
You sir are a scholar and a gentleman

>The loss of Pilgrimage
F

Nah, there is a pretty big age difference and we mostly RP just being super awkward due to living with someone you don't know that well.
Although maybe after a night of heavy drinking who knows what'll happen?

Under Wist's exhausted, naked body.

Best ideas on how to power-wipe a party so I can start a new campaign, without being too obvious about it?

Grab the deck of many things first and go mad with power.

The ship they posted is a small one, so it seems likely you'll be able to get your own.

Whether or not it transforms will probably have to wait until the expansion

make them have kids

Well, I shouldn't make that ranger girl I wanted for Flower Court. Don't want to be accused of having a character bend over for her wolf.

That's a good idea. I think I'll put that in the next dungeon just to change things up.

Make the wolf a girl too.

Literally no one who actually gives a shit about the campaign will use a deck of many things.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I've been dragged into a 5e game anons what do I do my autism hasn't prepared me for this

Mass reincarnate? Do an isekai game

>Fortune Cookie

pls hug me wist

That seems marginally better. I'm not sure to go with vanilla Ranger, though. Any archetype better than the norm?

Can you go to the warp and salvage ships?
Does the warp eat a bit of it's host dimension every time you jump?
(Real question, I know nothing but memes from 40k)

Why not get a companion that's not a wolf?

You take your attention whoring to /5eg/
And you can follow "her" there

But I'm not Wist!

I'm rather sad that Pilgrimage died, but nevertheless, best of luck to macrophage.

...Play the 5e game if you want, politely beg off if you don't?

I'm not sure if this is a trick question.

>Can you go to the warp and salvage ships?
Only if you're a Chaos Warpsmith
>Does the warp eat a bit of it's host dimension every time you jump?
It can. It can also open up gaping holes in reality that spew daemons out to rape everything.

Pilgrimage was a bamboozle too?

Hey i posted a thread or two ago. Just joined a level 5 PF game, was building a dragon disciple. Took the threads advice and re-speced into bloodrager.

>myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1218057

Thoughts on the build? I'm going for Natural attack melee monster

Yup, kinda feels bad.

In hindsight, it was obvious. But then, it always is...

What books are available to you?

It's probably best to just assume everything is a bamboozle until the 5th session happens.

Has there been a reviewanon for Flower Court yet? What about someone who does app stats?

What happened to pilgrimage?

You do it user.

Cancelled due to real life reasons it seems

GM got a summer job or something, can't run a game and have the job at the same time, so something had to give.

>tfw when DHB asks if he can play his homebrew in pilgrimage
>the game immediately dies

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53415546/#53416963

>Clinging Blast
>You may spend an additional spell point to have all damage from the destructive blast be treated as continuous for the purposes of any concentration checks until the start of your next turn.
What's the purpose of this?

It means any enemy caster needs to make a concentration check to cast a spell.

>Essentia GM still won't budge from divine fullcasting
>thinks one less spell a day is going to hurt them

Fucking over a caster who is gonna cast a really big spell.

What I really don't get is why Wizards are even a problem in such a 'low' magic setting
Will there be even a single fucking spellbook or scroll to copy? Won't he have to spend insane amounts of money researching spells independently if he wants more than two a level?

So the anti-nerd option? Sounds fucking nice.

yeah fuck the nerds

It's honestly not that useful.

it's about hatred of the arcane

>weak witch hunting 101

Money becomes a non issue once you can summon earth elementals to mine gold for you. OR you go into a cleaning service and make mad bank with just fucking Presdigitaion alone. Or pretend to be a chef. OR a million other things. Money is a complete non-issue to a reasonably clever wizard.

Also, "Low Magic" settings are just as harmful to Martials as it is to casters, perhaps even more so, sinnce the game is built around the expectation you have X magic items to be competent at your job

I think the concern is less about power and more about arcane magic fitting into the setting at all.

On that note, which classes are the most independent in terms of needing magic items when dealing with stingy GMs?

Alchemists, Witches, Blackblade Magus, Summoners

>once you can summon earth elementals to mine gold for you
And will the game get that far?

I've noticed that there are quite a few ways to reduce a body to ash/fine dust in one go. Just how many are there? Off the top of my head, I remember Disintegrate, the assassin's dust item, elder mythos cultist channeling, one of the options in the destruction sphere, one of the aether blast options for the Avowed, and the Crimson Templar's capstone.

Add Occultists and Kineticists.

Of course not.

Legit just make a CoD and show him that Divines are way worse for that setting

Does anyone know where I can find a PDF of this for Iron Fang?
>paizo.com/products/btpy9gnj/discuss?The-Genius-Guide-to-Variant-Multiclassing-Rules
I want to look at the rules for VMC investigator.

It's in one of the mega troves, user. Got it from there.

Found it, fuck the investigator one is awful.

>him
It's a 20 year old self-professed female DM.

>Implying girls play D&D and Pathfinder.
>Being this new to the internet

>TFW you meet your old mech and her new pilot
>It's like seeing an old girlfriend with her new boyfriend

Question for DMs:
I've got an Incanter PC with the Weather sphere. As of the last level-up, they're capable of stacking three severity 7 effects with a single casting.
This is a boat-based campaign, and they have in the past used Weather to fuck over ships.

Now that they can drop tornado-strength lightning-blizzards on ships, I'm sure that at some point they'll try to drop half a day of hell on somebody.
What would a high-quality warship (8th level or so top crew) have that would likely be able save their asses?

should've known with that kind of name
either way

>>>>>>>>
It's well known that Veeky Forums girls are fucking hypersluts in real life.

A submarine mode? Or maybe its own weather mage.

No! DHB is a little girl and DHB is pure!

Don't neglect to mention to the Anons here that the Girlfriend is about 20 meters tall.

If it's a mundane ship, likely nothing unless that ship has a bunch of casters who can cast Wall of Force to cage itself in for the duration.

Job stuff. I thought I was gonna get my first summer in like 4 years without having to do training for like a month or more straight.

Looks like I'm in it for year 5.

I coulda turned it down. But that wouldn't look great to my employers.

>training
gay shit right there

You say that as if that would dissuade/dismay them in some way

protip: It only makes them want it more

>Try to think of Ironfang app
>realize I know nothing about Golarion

Use wikis! There are two or three decent PF wikis and a number of smaller sites that have collected a lot of the extraneous lore as well!

Which of these games would be best to be a F U R R Y in?

None kill yourself

Golden Chalice, dude straight-up wants Minotaur PCs.

I wonder how much of an effect on the main story does this dimensional peeling effect play on the overall setting and if it can be ignored? That said, I do like the idea of various bits and pieces of other planes showing up in there for some reason or another. or rhater, my original interpretation in that it weakens the bonds between planes thus allowing celestials and demons/devils/etc easier access into our plane of existence.

Hey, have you ever wondered if in a certain game that's not out yet, concentration checks might not exist, making readied actions and continuous damage extremely dangerous to spellcasters because any amount of damage at all during casting means a spell automatically fizzles?

You know. Just wondering. No reason.

what

Hey, have you ever wondered if in a certain game that's not out yet, concentration checks might not exist, making spellcasters even more godlike because any amount of damage at all during casting doesn't make him so much as flinch?

You know. Just wondering. No reason.

What backstory would work better for a long-lived Tiefling Slayer from Siberia working in a foreign land?

It seems to be more for the GM to use so far. You get helped and a quest from the nicer outsiders you pull in, you get teleported to the next big mission place 'accidentally', or the GM has had enough and throws baddies at you in an attempt to TPK.

You could mess around with it a few times and have the players re-roll race when coming out or messing with some of them by shrinking them.

Hunter seems like a gimped Ranger. Is it actually better than what it seems?

Better spells. Better synergy with your animal companion. Less of a martial bent, which is actually good.