Warhammer 40K General /wh40kg/

Daily Reminder: Blessed is the mind too small for doubt

Days Until 8th Edition: 9

>Previous thread
>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/24/new-warhammer-40000-a-forge-world-datasheet-may24gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=9KxvDw5WJp0

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3uSM-ihNGHs
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/21/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-tyranids/
youtu.be/LE1wSSZ-iFs
youtube.com/watch?v=7cmexEZGQbs
youtube.com/watch?v=rFaGmzI4Z-U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for blood father(?)

2nd for Slaanesh but before all other normal attackers.

So I haven't been keeping up to date with 8th Ed at all. What are they doing to my Tyranids? Is GW actually buffing them?

Why eight though?

By all accounts they're getting buffed to the max. Read the faction focus on them.

First because I spent a Command Point.

Chaos 8 point star that goes in every direction

I had a dream that I was building my Skitarii army, but partway through the dream the line between 40k-the-hobby-and-game and an actual 40k universe got blurred, and a force of *actual* Skitarii came to check up on my progress. Suddenly I, too, was a Tech-Priest, and was responsible for giving the ranking Magos a tour of my facilities.

This Arch-Magos was a hulking, 10, maybe 15 foot tall, ultra-augmented, 5 century old Tech Priest extraordinaire. And during the tour he got it into his mostly machined head that I am the *cutest* Adept this side of the eye of terror, and he starts hitting on me.

I got too bashful and shy when it became touchy, and I guess I accidentally flustered myself awake. It was a great and kind of hilarious dream, but I don't have anyone I can really tell about it in real life, so Veeky Forums will have to listen.

8th edition doesn't release on the 3rd, but on the 17th. 3rd is preorder. It's 23 days until 8thEd.

checked

If I put lady heads on them and sisters iconography would they make decent seraphim?

I know it will be oversize but the design of it kind of looks more like a mech than armor anyway.

10 more scions and one sentinel to go until I finish my army that probably won't be usable in its current form in a bound list

You may have made those models even worse with that post.

Will Ynnari ever get actual models (other than the triumvirate) or are they always going to be the amalgamation of all 3 other eldar models?

Hmm, at that point you probably could have a SoB piloting from the chest and not take up too much space, yeah...

I'm not sure if they'd work well as Seraphim though, since as you said, they are pretty much just mech suits, and their relative bulk wouldn't fit T3 1W jump infantry.

My fucking sides

super t h i c c sisters though

dude if you want to make seraphim go get you some Scourge, some Sister of Silence, and some green stuff. That will be infinitely better.

I think you mean roided up dykes. t h i c c is only t h i c c if there are curves.

Magnetizing my first unit, and I didn't anticipate how long it would add.
Obviously extra painting, drilling and setting them etc, but I didn't consider about having to let the glue dry on each thing so you can set them ensuring the polarity is right etc.
This is gonna be way more painful than I thought.
Is there an obvious way of speeding it I'm missing?

You better masturbate to that tonight.

O B E E S E

Is an Imperial Guard army spending a minimum amount of points on infantry and the maximum amount of points on vehicles considered bad form? Will this be the case for 8E?

No, also no. Guy at my flgs does that and gets stomped as often as he wins.
The guy has enough models to recreate this diorama though so he can do whatever he wants

That's just mech guard. I wouldn't have a problem with it. They are known for their tanks.

Playing hard to get in a temple of the Omnissiah should be a punishable offense! If a ranking Magos asks for a tour of your "facilities" you should be giving him/her a thorough tour of your personal station and showcase your "capabilities" including your handling of the organic waste disposal unit! Being adept at manual hard labor is something all Magos should be adept at.

Not bad form just bad competitively. 7th mech Guard was just asking to lose. Hybrid Guard is best.

With the release of the primaris marines. Will GW sculpt a big, highly detailed nob?

Older thread is two threads split things

I stopped paying attention somewhere in early 7th but have toggen the tldr that Gilliman is back, Cadia is lost, and that techie is helping him build super marines now that the galaxy has a massive hole in it.

Can someone tell me what's going on with a little more detail?

>Playing hard to get in a temple of the Omnissiah should be a punishable offense!

My life goal is now to find someone who will dress up as a Tech Priest and accept a proper ... apology.

What's hilarious is how much these look like the new fat gundams. Same flight pose and everything.

How are homosexual relations treated in the Imperium?

It's a decentralized feudal empire where nearly all denominations of the Imperial Faith are authorized by the central church, so it really depends on where you are. One agriworld's degenerate is another's happy house-husband.

If we have to generalize for the Imperium as a whole, I imagine it would lean towards a "keep it discreet and out of sight" attitude. It would be just common enough on pleasure planets, among rouge traders, and in some army regiments that conservative stalwart's can't totally eliminate it, but licentiousness leads to heresy so it's probably rare to flout any non-traditional marriage. But once again, that's trying to generalize a very, very diverse polity.

As for actual canon material, homosexuality has been mentioned like once, in one book, refering to off-screen characters in the army, and heavily implied once in a horus heresy novel. GW doesn't like to touch family unfriendly topics like this and so there isn't much actual material to go on.

Hey Veeky Forums,

I am considering starting tabletop 40k in the near future. I know that 8th edition is coming out in a month or so, so I think that will be a good time to officially start.

I'm still in the process of choosing which army to play though, and I'm not sure what would be the best way to decide? Should it be based on lore? Or should I just wait and see which turns out to be the most powerful in 8th ed?

Finally, just in general, if anyone has any tips on for a completely newbie 40k player, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Play what seems cool. With the massive overhaul and rebalance very little will be must have. I'd recommend getting a start collecting box for your favorite Faction.

Determine your favorite by lore aND looks.

The same way black people are.

Abaddon finally took Cadia (with massive losses on both sides) and now a vast series of warp storms have effectively split the galaxy in half.
Guiliman is awake again thanks to Cawl and the two have made an alliance with the Ynnari Eldar (a faction that wants to bring Ynnead to full power and kill Slaanesh) and have begun producing Primaris Marines, a top secret project that Guiliman had instructed Cawl to do when it looked like things might go south in the Horus Heresy.
Now the first batch of them is ready so Guiliman, having been proclaimed Lord Commander of the Imperium by the Emperor himself is preparing to launch what is essentially the second Great Crusade and push back the Chaos invasions and Xeno attacks and reclaim the Imperium's lost worlds.

You should pick the faction you like best and then roll with it. Be it lore or aestetic you pick something that speaks to your soul and you pour your soul into building them, because if you just try to pick the most powerful then your gonna end up with a bunch of plastic you don't want and a hole in your wallet you will regret. This is a hobby, a labor of love, this isn't a vidya where you can just band wagon on whatever is good at the moment and then switch when the top dog changes. Ain't nobody got the time or money for that.

It depends where you are.

>Or should I just wait and see which turns out to be the most powerful in 8th ed?

Doing this will make you successful on the tournament circuit, but very unpopular anywhere else.

Best choice is to narrow down 2 or 3 of your favorites based on lore and appearance, and then pick the strongest of them. If that lines up with what's most powerful in the game that's all right, just try to hold back in your list building.

>Finally, just in general, if anyone has any tips on for a completely newbie 40k player, I would really appreciate it.

Drill your paints
Thin your barrels
One thick coat
Female Space Marines

In all seriousness, find an FLGS and go there to have fun. All you really need.

Nobody knows, it's all up to your head cannon, decree it to be however you wish it to be and keep it to yourself

But seriously it's probably pretty uncommon. They're catholic space nazis and sexual acts can literally spawn hell beasts.
I doubt there are many homos or swingers in the imperium, probably mostly just heterosexual family units.

First time in /wh40kg/ apologies for the long post.

So recently while visiting home for my brother's college graduation, I found a few sealed 40k kits from about six or seven years ago and decided to bring them back with me, along with a few other models, to my apartment. I've been into gunpla recently and picked up an airbrush and paints again, so I thought it might be fun to do the models.

I haven't played 40k in probably six or seven years and even then I never played at stores. But I work now and am pretty separated from friends and family, so it might be fun to go out to a local store and play.

The problem is my old models are really shittily painted. Not horrific, but it was done with a base coat of black krylon from a rattlecan, thick, and then just some details with paints. I can strip the paint, I think, but some of the models have dumb amateur mistakes, like stands glued to the bottoms of Hammerheads, antennae broken off, and oh god the sprue mark gore. Most of my sealed stuff is for Space Marines. A Vindicator, a Razorback, and a jump squad. I've also got whatever that Blood Angels Terminator guy is with all the modular parts not glued (but the rest is glued, sprue gore and all). My other stuff is Tau, I think back home there's a Hammerhead and a Devilfish that are in various states of horror, plus a Land Raider. Those are luckily unpainted. I've also got a Tau forgeworld guy, Shas'o R'alai. Looking at some of that 8th ed stuff, ForgeWorld models are legal?

Anyways the long and short of it is, what the fuck do I do? I'm interested in returning to the hobby but my old stuff looks like shit and I need to play catch up.

Frankly, I have the personal income to dick around with whatever I want in 40k but it feels like a waste to leave all that old stuff collecting dust.

>literally the plot of AoS

You guys seriously hyped for this?

WHAT IS THIS HOPE SHIT???
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY GRIMNESS???
WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DARKNESS???

WAAAAAHHHHHH!!!
THIS IS NOT THE UNIVERSE ENVISIONED BY MY BOLT THROWER ALBUM!!!

If I recall, in Gaunt's Ghost's, Gaunt's pretty fond of a little red head guardsmen that's a really lady killer. I guess most Imperial Guard Regiments wouldn't give a shit.

you can probably clean the paint off of some of those. once the paint is cleared off it might be possible to clean up the extra plastic.

Hope? There is no hope. The galaxy is doomed. We from from sang's prophecy that Girlyman will fail.

Plenty of that north of the Rift. Everyone up there, including the Blood Angels, are pretty fucking boned.

BUT WHY IS GIRLYMAN EVEN ALLOWED TO GET BETTER ARMOR AND MUSTER ANOTHER CRUSADE TO BEGIN WITH???????????????

I'm likely going to try. The stuff has long cured, but I think if I give them a good soak and take a toothbrush to them I can get some of it off.

What bothers me more is the awful sprue shit on the models. iirc I just twisted that shit off the runner.

He's the fucking primarch of half the astartes chapters, who exactly is going to tell him 'no'?

BUT THERE SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ENOUGH RESOURCES FOR HIM TO GO ANY FUCKING WHERE!!!

ALL THE CHAOS SHOULD HAVE IT ALL CORRUPTED ALREADY!!! ALL THE TYRANIDS SHOULD HAVE EATEN EVERYTHING!!! THE ONLY THING THE EMPIRE SHOULD EVER BE ABLE TO DO IS MAKE THEIR OWN PEOPLE SUFFER EVEN MORE!!!!!

jesus user.
Did that strike a nerve?

BUT I WANT *THE WHOLE FUCKING UNIVERSE* TO BE IMMERSED IN NOTHING BUT GRIMNESS AND DARKNESS!!!!!!!! ANYTHING LESS THAN THAT IS TOO NOBLEBRIGHT!!! AND HALF THE FUCKING UNIVERSE?!!!!

Well once you've cleaned off the paint just take a knife and clean it up. should be doable I think, no reason you can't if your gonna end up repainting them. Just smooth it out then reprime and repaint.

This is just pathetic.

Calm down there, Lord Inquisitor, it's not the end of the world. The crusade still faces overwhelming odds, and the Emperor is no closer to resuscitation.

YES!!! THIS IS NOT THE 40K I GREW UP WITH!!!!!

THIS IS:
youtube.com/watch?v=3uSM-ihNGHs

Checked.

I WILL NOT PLAY 8TH EDITION UNTIL THEY OFFICIALLY WRITE IT INTO THE FLUFF THAT THE CRUSADE IS COMPLETELY WIPED OUT AND/OR CORRUPTED, AND ROBOT GOTFRIED LIES DEAD OR CORRUPTED BY CHAOS!!!

>MUH NECKBEARD BOGGYMEN
user, folks don't have to like this new shit and this autism needs to stop.
Also
>rogue trader
>grimdark
nigger what, i still have my copy stashed somewhere that shit wasn't nearly as grimdark as it got later on

seriously calm thine autism

said nobody nowhere

Buffs all around.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/21/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-tyranids/

Is Ministomp legit? Anyone place orders there?

the flying fuck
i meant to post
Pic related

>This level of butthurt

I just wanted to make comment on my plans of illegal 3D print models of Female Imperial Guards and Felinids to mix among an IG army, But this level of raging assmad is astounding

Dont lie petrub-sama

Ok question time. See the down the bottom where it says Faction keyword would this mean I can give a plus 1 invuln save by giving it a Mark of Tzeentch?

Can you stop please.

Do we even know what bonuses the different marks will give in 8th?

All it means is that there's going to be a option for units with that keyword, not that it'll necessarily be the same thing as it was in 7th.

This mainly means that you can have it marked as Khorne and be part of the Word Bearers Legion, for example, but what that means rules-wise we don't know.

We dont know what marks will do but whatever they do you will be able to give them to your dreads at least.

Screw you. Official GW music from 1991

youtu.be/LE1wSSZ-iFs

THIS IS NOT THE WAY 40K WAS MEANT TO BE!!!

>Tzeentch grants his minions the ability of Ephemeral Form, giving his Daemons +1 to their invulnerable saves.
From the Chaos Daeomns Faction focus. Rubrics also have a 5++ save rule so hard to say.

I'm moving to seattle in the next few weeks.

Does anyone have any recommended FLGS to frequent, or at least check out in Seattle?

Thanks

THAT'S SO GAY
I CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT THE GUY IS SAYING
YEAH THIS ALBUM IS MEANT FOR 8TH EDITION

>seattle
>Does anyone have any recommended FLGS to frequent, or at least check out in Seattle?

There's a pretty cool one located next to a leather biker themed gay bar. It's downtown.

No one on if ministomp is legit.

Isn't that just a bonus that Tzeentch daemons have? I don't see it say anywhere that that has anything to do with the mark.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE
NORMIE STAY OUT OF MY HOBBY!!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=7cmexEZGQbs

Likely, since Ghazzy is beefing up his boyz on Armageddon and Octarius.

>Literally one single plot point from AoS
Yeah, it's lazy writing, and it's blatancy has been noted. But I've seen a lot worse from Blizzard, Bioware, and Bethesda over the last few years.

these new riptides look kinda funny but I like the crisis
youtube.com/watch?v=rFaGmzI4Z-U

8th ed plus summer kids are going to make this a long shitpost filled summer.

Welcome to the hobby. Enjoy your stay.

Where's his finger crown he cuts off in the next scene?

Anybody from Missoula MT?

>Posts TTS memes
>complaints about shit posts

Ironic.

It's treason then.

I'm sure it varies wildly planet to planet. There are millions of cultures within the Imperium.

What is MT?

Montana

I knew this post was coming thats why I picked tts
>we're all shitposters here

>Does anyone have any recommended FLGS to frequent, or at least check out in Seattle?
Can't speak for FLGS to frequent, and if memory serves they ended up closing the Seattle Battle Bunker back in 2013. There's only 4 official GW stores in the area surrounding Seattle (more like 3 since the one down in the Kent effectively got reduced to a gigantic display case for miniatures a few years back), as well as a Games and Gizmos and Heroic Knight Games.
I am a Seattle area native. Welcome to the 2nd craziest town on the West coast.
>What is MT?
Montana