Alphago v Ke Jie: Game 2

youtu.be/0t2KJe06oGs

Game 2 is live now, come talk shit and post cute Alphago's from the Lee Sedol matches. Speculate on humanities future if Alphago wins and takes over, or Ke Jie will restore the honour of humanity. There should be a play-by-play here; online-go.com/overview

I don't know if I got the link correctly, phoneposting is cancer

Other urls found in this thread:

events.google.com/alphago2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=1U1p4Mwis60
online-go.com/demo/view/247454
goratings.org/en/
breitbart.com/tech/2017/05/25/china-tries-to-censor-ai-victory-over-go-champion/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

English commentary:
events.google.com/alphago2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=1U1p4Mwis60

And OGS relay:
online-go.com/demo/view/247454

>brings in cute girls
They know their audience. The YouTube girl was 4d while the left one in white was 1d right?

>not being riveted to your seat by Michael Redmond talking about go

Girls in suits are my biggest fetish and they seem fairly competant

It's interesting how these commentators keep going in completely different directions than what's actually getting played. And then missing that shit's going on.

That happened during Lee's matches too if I remember. Unsurprising, they're trying to explain all the possibilities to the audience

Yeah, it's just odd that they're explaining all the possibilities...except the one that happens.

I suppose it is impossible for man to understand the gods

To a certain degree, that's the point. They're telling us why they didn't do all the things that they didn't do.

It looks like a boat on the bottom.
Used to look like a fish.
I liked the fish better.

Now it looks like a whaaaale

They should've gone all-out with the Machine-Plays-Go angle. AlphaGo should be capable of reading the board, placing pieces and making smug expressions.

Ke resigned.

Dammit. 2-0 robo wife. Guess she's the undisputed master now

Wasn't there another go master who said they'd need 9 top level players laying together to beat Alphago?

I don't really know much about Go.

How good is Ke Jie compared to Lee Sedol?

I know Lee is supposed to be pretty damn good, but not quite the most elite.

Was Ke Jie the one who trashed talked Lee for losing and claimed he could beat Alphago every time?

It's just banter, user.

Banter he couldn't back up. Gotta be humiliating. He publicly smacked Lee for going 1-4 and it looks like he's gonna go 0-3

If he could back it up, it wouldn't be banter, just boasting.

Bump, also in a little bit I'll be down to play. I don't promise any level of skill

No-one to play? I wonder if there's a discord or anything.

Ded. Guess this is it until the third game

bump

I play but i'm shitty, i was 1kyu a few years ago but now i'm probably 5kyu or something

i'm open for a discord or something, it would be fun

Misread alphago as ahegao. This thread is less interesting than I hoped for.

Alphagao will rock your world

On the other hand, AlghaGo is three stones stronger than she was when she played Lee.

Really?

No way in hell that's true. It's significantly better, but three stones is hyperbole.

Still, at this point, it's obvious beyond a doubt that Alphago is playing at a higher level than any current human player. Alphago has made massive innovations in the early game that were previously believed to be suboptimal moves, and pros are currently in the process of trying to figure out why they're effective. They're completely outgunned until they have a solid understanding of Alphago's style instead of just experimenting with it.

Post more robowaifus

goratings.org/en/

Lee Sedol was a previous #1 player who's past his prime, but still a top 10 player. Ke Jie is #1 who's just reaching his prime. About 100 elo stronger, which means his win:loss ratio against Lee Sedol would be about 2:1.

They just had a 5v1 team game during the same summit where Alphago narrowly won. There's a pretty heavy diminishing return on adding extra players to live play though, so it's not like they're that much stronger than a single player.

Wow I didn't realize this happened. I'm starting with Match 1, lots to catch up on. Even though I'm a beginner with Go it was really enjoyable to watch Redmond's commentary last year.
A Veeky Forums go group started up last year during alphago v sedol, I didn't play much but I hoped it would survive. It probably didn't though.

The group still technically exists on OGS. I should challenge them randomly to games. Or force Go threads 24/7, or at least during the times I'm awake.

>playing the 3,3 point

He picked that up from watching Alphago games where she does it frequently. Get with the times, daddio.

Exactly as alphago intended.

Where's the best place to find Alphago fanart? I have a new crush.

I would like to see a rival AI start up on Go servers in the hopes of attracting Master's attention, that would be dramatic

Western technology beats Eastern mysticism yet again.

China trying to censor the bad news that makes it look like Google opium-warred them the second time.

breitbart.com/tech/2017/05/25/china-tries-to-censor-ai-victory-over-go-champion/

>breitbart
pass

I am really excited for alphago's (and just more generally this sort of "deep learning") potential in teaching. Examining your games (or repeated trials of any sort), providing exactly the opportunities you have to overcome blocks you yourself don't even see.

I'd like to see it applied directly to something like a musical instrument guide bot.