>FAIL EPICALLY XD

>Go on Veeky Forums
>See frogposter making shitposts

>No one will ever take the game seriously
>Ever

>You'll never find a decent group that doesn't have at least one retard in it

>post frog
>make shit thread

>Explain to DM that if fighter makes 4 attacks per round, he's 4 times as likely to injure himself and drop his sword
>"So?"

>Introduce npc
>Player kills them for no other reason than because they can

>At some point, introduce stronger NPC
>Player can't kill them
>Starts crying and bitching about how everything is too strong for the party

>DM introduces "Hard, but fair" NPC
>He's actually just an asshole, who hates the party for no apparent reason

When did taking shit seriously became so uncool?

Is it an overreaction against all the edgy bullshit?

>Player has the imagination of a dead cockroach
>Always names all his characters the same thing
>Always the same archetype
>Tries to play an arcane archer but is too retarded (IRL) to cast spells or get creative, instead spends every battle with "I shoot an arrow at it"

I mean... I know I fuck things up, but dude... what the fuck are you trying to do here? It's like pure concentrated stupid got date-raped by retardation after getting roofied by brain-dead coma and then after five and a half months of moderate drug and alcohol use gave birth prematurely to this thread.

Just kick him out, Jesus. I only had to kick a person for being obviously uninvested once, but it's sometimes necessary.

>Post on Veeky Forums
>LE PEPE MEME XD

It was a greentext about something that happened to my group, was curious if others had that specific kind of idiot.

We kicked him out after a game that was solely the DM messing with him for half an hour with made-up bullshit monsters. He never got the hint that the DM wasn't taking it seriously any more, even after encountering a dozen variations of "Boarsharks" and "Sharkbears".

Boarsharks sound terrifying

Oh god... I'm just imagining rows of tusks and teeth combined with impenetrable Hide and Flesh armor, a sense of smell that will track you down from miles away, a temper worthy of a khornate mount, and the ceaseless appetite to drive it even further.

It smells you 30 miles away, it knows your scent, and it already hates you with unbridled fury.

It was, for the first few seconds. Then shit went to crazytown and I excused myself from the table for a moment while the idiot player actually tried to fight it alone.

>Introduce female npc
>meme bard party member tries to fuck it

>Super intelligent party member
>Doesn't act smart at all

"You were three miles too close to its offspring. I hope you can teleport or fly because HERE COMES MOMMA."

>Wise cleric, god's own emissary
>Is actually a murderhobo

>roll
>succeed or fail

Sounds like the animal equivalent of rock falls everyone dies

I fucking love it

>male players roll female characters
>they're all lesbians

I don't think it's a response to that. I think it's because people thing investing in something makes you vulnerable (it kind of does) and thus don't. It's also a defense of bad behaviour, like the bully who just says "IT'S JUST A PRANK/JOKE" when called out.
It's a variant of "stop liking things in a way I'm to vacuous to bother with"

I think it's that some people just don't want to have to work for their fun. Now that's not necessarily a bad thing but they're the same sort of people who watch movies and use the "just turn off your brain" defense when you point out plot holes. Now when you've lived your whole life finding fun in entry level shit it comes across as weird that you would have to put in some effort to having fun and so they just don't take anything seriously as a result because they don't want to risk the possibility of putting in effort and not liking something after they try it. Better to stay at a low buzz for them instead of experiencing any particular high or low.

That's some good insight, I think you're right

Well that's true. If a gun is never fired, it never jams.