Warhammer 40,000 general /40kg/

Subject goes in the Subject field Edition

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/24/new-warhammer-40000-a-forge-world-datasheet-may24gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily duncan
youtu.be/9KxvDw5WJp0

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2017/05/24/hygiene-is-high-priority/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the leader of xenos hordes.

First for memes.

Is this real? Finally I can give my Carcharodons the air support they deserve!

Strong and Stable!

>Tories want femmarines

Those filthy commies _______:^)_________

First for STAY CLEAN YOU FILTHY ANIMALS

A box of battle sisters costs $80 holy fuck. Can gw release cheap plastic sisters already?

Anyone have that image on how to paint white? Specifically trying to get a clean blueish white.

>Listing in moon currency

This is a British hobby from a British company.

that space shark looks sweet

For blueish white, prime white or grey.
The infographic one is for a warm bone'ish white.

Will the faction keyword for space wolves be Yiff?

>base-coat Ceramite White
>shade recesses with 50/50 Lhamian Medium / Guilliman Blue
>highlight/dry-brush White Scar

That matters how? What are you still upset you lost your empire and colonies?

Anyone have any experience making homebrew characters ? How did you calculate points ? Was it fun to play with ?

Me and a friend are making a escalation campaign to send off 7th edition, and felt like making making more personal HQ's

choose it!

>Grax-Flux bombard becomes 5 wounds per hit against MC, vehicles, titan

So grav weapons are still nice

Eat shit memefaggot.

Dogfucker.

Awfully cartoonish for official 40k art

Its 30k grav which was haywire numnuts

I have models from all of those books...

>Drukhari
>Tau confused for their planet

Is there a problem with cartoons user?

Are you making entirely new characters with new wargear?
If not, in my experience, I just took existing characters/models, and calculated the individual prices of wargear from them. Though sometimes there are inconsistencies, example.
>Broadside Battlesuit secondary weapons
TL Smart Missile System - free
TL Plasma Gun - 5 pts
>Riptide secondary weapons
TL Smart Missile System - free
TL Plasma Gun - free
This is a quality fuck up by gw but I worked it out with my friend.
>Was it fun?
Well I tried recreating the dow armies with my friend for fun, it worked ok but some units just felt a bit stupid since they were overloaded

That moment of rage come 8th edition when some fucker brings 3-5 stormsurges to the table because "anything can hurt everything" so it's totally fair.

>First for the leader of xenos hordes.
listen to this fellow demagus-ehm demagogue, there's definitely no other underlying leader through the factions in question

I've done something similar before.

We just compared them to the 'build-yer-own' HQ is every codex(SM captain or Warboss, for instance) and voted on them as a group.

If you are making your own special rules, you won't get a feel for how much something should really cost until you really have it on the table for a few times.

Still less bullshit than doing so in 40k. Just take enough multi-wound shit.

Big-thing spam could turn out shit. Maybe they'll all turn out over-costed

Well none of their wargear planned is particularily unique, so that's the easy part, but i'm having a hard time figuring out how to cost fx an extra wound or a special ability.

>felt a bit stupid since they were overloaded
overloaded in what sense ? i'm curious

SPEEEEEEEEEED LEAD US TO VICTORY

That moment of indifference when you tell him to get lost.

Certainly with those lascannon stats I don't see how a Dreadnought is meant to last long enough to be useful.

You have Chaplain Diomedes! DoW 3 is still shit though

The muzzle is crooked

Nothing a few meltaguns and lascannons can't handle.

With multi damage weapons crazy high wounds isn't as good as it seems from 7e's perspective.

An IG lascannon heavy weapon squad is potentially 18 wounds off a single model in one turn.

Plus theres the command points thing which favours more mixed armies by the looks of what we've seen so far.

>TFW Bring It Down is a 1 CP Order that lets you re-roll damage dice vs creatures with 8 or more wounds

why not use that 1cp general stratagem for rerolling any dice?

I'm doubting that orders will cost CP, bring it down will most likely stick around.

Cause this one is refunded if you succeed in bringing it down.

The general strategem is only 1 die per phase.

If I wanna start Carcharodons, is the Betrayal at Calth my best choice for a starter set?

>british
>game uses inches

I would be dissapointed if orders are CP-based but I bet new multiwound-rolling and orders will have nice synergy.

I cant wait to go all-out siege regiment on my opponent. Medusas, heavy artillery,
manticores and even a god damned deathstrike. It will be glorious.

>voted on them as a group.
I'd love to use that idea, sadly my group is pretty ''yeah sure looks fine'' about it no matter what.
Playtesting and adjusting cost is the obivious choice, but i won't really be able to get a game in before the campaign starts.

When do the updates usually drop?

I'm 90% that there'll be super orders.
'Armywide shit with no rolls.

As index imperium proves you can put all sm together in one book no problem at all after all

>he doesnt knwo the mess that is UK mersurement
I now my high in feet and my weight in KG, its a fucking mess

>potentially
These are about the same odds as firing 3 hammerheads at 3 leman russes front arcs and getting 3 hits, 3 pens and 3 explodes, back to back.
It's not any more likely than rolling some crazy lucky vehicle damage last edition. Vehicles have only really gotten more reliable, they're not tougher as such as small things can kill them, but there's less randomness even in a damage d6 lascannon now than there was in a random table where 1 result killed the unit and the rest usually did feck all.
Monstrous creatures have been noticeably nerfed though, as they now suffer just as hard from all the anti-vehicle in the game. Finally a railgun shooting a hive tyrant does more than lightly tickle him.

Good ol' imperial, yes.

(You know how I know you've never been to Britain? You don't know we use both systems for different shit with little to no logic as to why one thing is metric and the other imperial. Centimetres, metres and miles for distance for example.)

In Britain we use both imperial and metric interchangeably. It's confusing as fuck.

well I recreated the tau commander from dow soulstorm
It's shadowsun's suit with no drones but it has 4 weapons that each do different things. Alternatively, we also struggled to agree on some templates like the ethereal/skyray missile barrage abilities. also the ig flyer was pretty cancer to do as well since it had 3 types of bombs

when ur mum dies of aids

>It will be glorious
the problem is that the game seems to be shifting towards way closer engagements

Yes, we use inches. And feet. And miles.

We use both.

Why betrayal at calth?

Ah yes, distance is in meters, height is in feet.

First one at 3, then another within 3 hours of that.

>new 40k player
>friend kept telling me the warrior ark phalanx was a great deal but I didnt want to buy cus I just dropped 220 on starter box + paints
>"No longer available"
>I missed out on basically $30 of free models and I cant do jack shit with the starter box by itself

How would you model Ork nid hybrids?

I've always wanted to make a conversion for O'Kais, in the Farsight Enclaves lore he's on-par with shadowsun and farsight. I think he was designed to mimic the build-your-own style of the generic battlesuit commander though, couldn't you just use that wargear?

30 sets of retro armour. Pretty sure they've been fleet based since the heresy and not got to restock much.

Duly noted. Thats why I will be using multiple screens of infantry to thwart assaults. Then its just matter of taking a step back and blasting units with rest of your army.

I also have rough riders and multiple knights to choose my counter-assault assets from if it turns out you really need them.

>Not running an immortal-based Necron detachment

>Wanting low class peasants in corpse carts instead of the glorious soldiers of the Necrontyr

regimental-standard.com/2017/05/24/hygiene-is-high-priority/

You wouldn't lick a Nurgling.

Worse is short distance in meters, long distance in miles.
Pints of beer, liters of petrol it never ends

What's the best way to pad out a chaos army for cheap? Have mostly termies and dreads as I liked those models but looks like I'll need some troops as well.

Not for very long at any rate

>What's the best way to pad out a chaos army for cheap? Have mostly termies and dreads as I liked those models but looks like I'll need some troops as well.
They hinted that there will be all-elite detachment to choose from since they said that you still could play full Deathwing aka Dark Angels 1st company.

The cultist assult box is good, though, as always
W8 4 8th

"since the heresy"
They aren't a first founding chapter. Their origins are unknown. They use a lot of different gear but they aren't relic-heavy like the red scorpions. Though their pattern is the "heresy" pattern of power armor, which I think is mk5

>lick a nurgling
>get 50 different types of STDs, mouth cancer and HFMD in the span of half a second

Well I did consider a "build your own xv22" except it would just end up being either stupid-tier op with an xv-22 carrying 4 melta/plasma guns and taking on deathstars by themselves or simply taking the xv22 and swapping out the pair of fusion blasters shadowsun currently has for 2 other battlesuit weapons which is too similar to just taking a normal xv8 and sticking it in an xv25 squad.

If you did want to convert him you'd need the following
Shadowsun
1 xv8 burst cannon
1 xv8 fusion blaster/plasma gun
1 xv8 missile pod
1 xv8 flamer

that's it, you'd add 15 points for the burst cannon+fusion blaster and I added on another 25 points for the ability to fire all 4 weapons and to give all split fire

why doesn't nurglesque forces only target agri worlds and food shipments?

could infect entire star systems easily or make them starve to death and cause chaotic corruption by rioting and cannibalism

Fuck off with this shitty meme

They often do

>They aren't a first founding chapter

Yes they are, Raven Guard. Was revealed within the last year or so.

>MKV

Well that's no good, there's no plastic kit for that shit.

FOUND THE CHINK

>Cancer

Cancer isn't an infectious disease user, it's a cell malfunction.

Do you know what the difference between a first and second founding chapter is?

>implying viruses can't cause cancer

Why do you think there's a HPV vaccine?

it seems rather low effort activity compared to war

did you mean praetorians? immortals are trash

You get cancer causing viruses, no reason nurgle couldn't make a mouth cancer one

Will Necrons still be the worst?

However there are quite a few infectious diseases that can cause cancer
Every retrovirus has a chance to lead to it

>and viruses and bacterium aren't capable of causing cell malfunctions

Always

At what

>Yes they are, Raven Guard
Wait, really? What's the source on this?

You are retarded

>implying he wasn't using deathwing as a reference to the quote where GW said that a pure-deathwing army would be possible
>being this fucking triggered and thinking it's people forcing memes again when it literally has nothing to do with it
Holy chinkorama.

Don't think he was memeing. The comment about elite detchments and the chaos part were clearly delineated

Just because you are not top mid, means you are the worst.

Now kiss your Top mid Bolter Mistress boot

Well if you survived I'd go out on a limb and say you are indeed lucky.