Art Thread - pictures that have a story to tell Part 2

Last thread was pretty sweet Let's do one more. Feel free to contribute!

Other urls found in this thread:

conceptartworld.com/artists/simon-stalenhag/
artstation.com/artist/jakubrozalski
marko-djurdjevic.deviantart.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I always thought this would be a cool way to start off a game.

I want to explore dungeons in space.

There was a sick corporate-robot apocalypse thread on /wg/

Aaand I'm going to base an apoc-world game on this soon.

In spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace!

(Dungeon meshi spoiler)

Could we NOT start posting anime and manga screenshots please? The last thread was mercifully free of this cancer.

they fit the theme, buzz off.
It's not like I'm posting moeblobs.

No fighting. If the thread get's full with shit you don't like, we'll make a new one. Problem solved.

Why are weebs so bad at taking even the most basic fucking social cues?

People are here for art they can base campaign plothooks off, not a recap of the latest garbage china comics.

Drop it.

sweet

>I don't like this style of art in an art thread! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I think he more means the fact it has text. Which I don't necessarily disagree with. Except in a few cases.

>"So I noticed your tiddies from over there."
>"You did? From way over there? Oh why that's good! It means your eyes are working well!"
>"No, no, my dear, it means your tiddies are simply too big to not notice!"
>"Oh you are such a flirt-- hey... wait, is that the heraldry of the Cat I see on your shoulder?"
>"Why, yes it is!"
>"Oh no! I'm the sworn enemy of the Cat!"

Sheeit dog that picture worked like a charm, I've got a whole campaign planned out from it.

None of previous anons, but either post images, or shut the fuck up

Giant skeletons do it for me.

You seem angry, user.

I agree with this guy

You seem not posting images, cunt

Meme truck for you, in the weirdest configuration ever

Men will go a long way for fresh air.

the bees!

Alright, here's one just for (you)

I laughed, but also fuck you.

>anons are salty about anime
>one guy tells them to shut up
>"you seem salty user"
That's some top-tier deflection right there mate.
Not him btw.

You've just wasted an image slot on being useless cunt. Congratulations. Trolled nobody, achieved nothing, but still trying

>Achieved a laugh,
>Made saltyanon saltier.
>Was more then content to lurk and get cool art but saltyanon proved too tempting a target with his bitching.

>Le epic troll achieved!
I guess that must be the closest you ever get to human interaction

You seem like the real salty one user.

There's a game for that setting, called Tales From the Loop.

I'm out of new stuff fitting the thread in the slightest

>Tales From the Loop
Neat! Is it any good? I'll guess I could find the pdf in Da Archive?

Tales From the Loop is really, really bad though. Total waste of that guys kickass art.

Nope, wait, the last one

Never played it, I just heard they made a book based on the artwork. I guess if it sucks, you can still take some general ideas from it on how to run a game in the setting.

Ah crud. Well I was going to use it as an inspiration for apocalypse world, so no harm done.

Want a waste of art? Or rather game that solely sold due to kick-ass, if repetitive, art?
Go look up Scythe. The game is pure garbage, but due to really nice art sold pretty well

It's not FATAL bad or anything, there's just... nothing to it. It really rules light and all it has going for it is that art, which you could just tie to a better game anyway.

conceptartworld.com/artists/simon-stalenhag/

Figure I'll just link his entire folder rather then spamming it here.

Never even heard of Scythe before. But to add too "Good artists that got hired for subpar games." Jakub Rozalski.

artstation.com/artist/jakubrozalski

You'd think his RPG would be something awesome like vintage Battletech? Nope, farming sim.

Don't know what was his involvement, but I know he was pretty vocal about "stop hating my game" when people had legitimate concerns about the game being unbalanced piece of trash that consists of almost zero player interactions. It's like you have 2-4 people playing singleplayer each.

I'm apparently retarded. Rozalski's subpar RPG was Scythe. Shows how dull it was if I couldn't remember the name.

>Scythe
Ah, scythe is also bad? I'm learning here, was genuinely considering buying it.

Don't bother. It's unplayable and unsalvagable. If you want a comparison of gameplay to anything, then imagine playing solitaire, with each player playing alone on their own deck of cards

- But sweetie, didn't you came here to become a witch?

Yeah man, it's an art thread. Not Deviantart. There's a difference.

Also post a fucking picture next time you want to shitpost.

Just like Tales from the Loop, pretty art, dull uninspired game. Take the art for something better.
Now if you want a fucking gorgeous game that plays well. Symbaroum and Degenesis. (Symbaroum has fairly limited scope in that it does Witcher-esq fantasy and only that, and Degenesis is a fairly brutal OSR like. But they both function)

I can't find a gallery for Sym, here's a sample pic and here's the Degenesis art leads page. marko-djurdjevic.deviantart.com/ (I know, I know, DA is cancer)

I haven't played it, but the lack of player interaction just sounds like your regular Euro boardgame. Maybe it's just not your cup of tea?

Symbaroum has absolutely phenomenal art. Has there been a leak of the art book from their first kickstarter yet?

Dunno. There's probably has been considering how long it's been out and how quickly people get things scanned. Check the PDF share thread?

This story stated off so good. Good enough that even with the lackluster ending it's still my favorite.