Marisha Ray in Critical Role

I wanted to see the consensus in here regarding Marisha Ray in Critical Role. I went to the reddit, but Reddit just a massive circlejerk, I can't get any opinion other than the popular one.

Does anyone notice/get put off by Marisha Ray being high as balls in some episodes? I remember a recent-ish example where Laura had to tell her to shut up because she was giggling and spouting inane shit glass-eyed whilst Matt was trying to talk for a long time.

Do people seriously not notice this, or is everyone just making excuses up like I see in the live chat and reddit?

>"She's just roleplaying being traumatized from dying just then! She's an ACTRESS, guys!"

I just hate this mentality of everyone being super positive about everything and pretending there aren't flaws with the show. Anyone with any criticisms gets squashed almost instantly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A0wAVzDAQQA&list=LLvzxAzSe3LShpE-o75nXcpw&index=6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>It's "Hey, guys, does anybody else hate Critical Role?" episode again

Well son, you've come to the right place. We're here to criticize everything about this show as well as the life choices of anyone who watches it.

Fuck off. Kill yourself.

I wish we still had quest threads on this board.

I don't hate it, though. It's nice enough to watch. I hate the audience.

And I wish your mother had chosen to get an abortion while she was pregnant with you, but we don't always get what we want.

Goddamn, you questfags are literally more obnoxious /pol/tards at this point. Go back to your fucking containment board and rot there, faggot.

>crit role
>ever playing a game where the dm has his girlfriend as a player

yeah, it's a real mystery why she's shit

maybe it's just one guy? Also I cannot for the life of me get into Critical Role, anyone know of any good alternatives? I used to really love Nerd Poker but their new stuff is eeeenh plus different people and it's weeeird

I think she plays a boring-ass character and feels that way sometimes as well, and eventually just gets distracted as fuck
In the goblin-episode she's actually quite entertaining and serious, while having the least interesting goblin-voice of everyone there. I think she also way prefers 3e over 5e, which shows in that episode as well

That being said, I've not watched it for a looooooooong time, so I wouldn't really know

Actually, I'm gonna say that anti-questfags are worse simply by the fact that when e had quests, questfags just ignored comments against them, but vocal anti-questfags have always been obnoxious twats whether they had what they wanted or not.

I actually DM a game with my girlfriend in it and she's actually the best player at the table. Its really shitty because I have to constantly temper things to make sure people know Im not showing her extra favor.

I dont understand the appeal of shit like this. Just play your own game. Its not hard.

i love critical role, to me it's the best example of what dnd should be. that being said, marisha is easily the worst part of the show, always acting like a dunce both inside and outside of the game.

>never knows what to do
>doesnt know what any of her spells do
>fucks things up for her allies every encounter
>after years of living outside of the wild, keylith always acts like she's never seen modern society and is always playing the silly "fish out of water" persona
>is genuinely stupid sometimes (not knowing what surface tension is)

a close second is liam.

>thinks he's the main character
>tries to make as many "serious" moments as possible to show off his acting skills
>is a literal cheater, "i have one luck left to kill thordak"
>is a super sore loser, constantly yelling at people when things don't go his way
>general anger management issues

it's thanks to matt's dming, talisan, travis, and sam that makes me stick around. though, i feel like matt's too scared to make interesting encounters anymore, so it's getting really boring watching dialogue episode after dialogue episode. also blue balling us on vecna for so long is ticking me off

I'm sure you're not biased in the slightest, user.

Not everyone has friends that are into tabletops/available, and public games can be off-putting to people/give them bad experiences.

what's wrong with watching and enjoying other playstyles and stories? do you go to movie theaters and yell, "i don't get it, just make your own movie"

I'm not so sure myself. I do like Neal Koibu's GMing so I watched a bit of missclicks (however you spell it), sadly the rest of the cast is always subpar.

I also miss Steven Lumpkin from rollplay, back when he GM'd there. He's currently playing King Arthur's Pendragon, a system I loathe.

I'd love to see some harder encounters, for sure.

Yeah I got that vibe too.
>she's actually the best player at the table
>I have to constantly temper things
If you have to temper things, there's something wrong buddy.

>watching people play tabletop

I also think Matt's severely whipped at this point. His resurrection rules are severely skewed towards success, so they kind of do the opposite of what they're meant to do. They hardly care about death anymore. Keyleth literally killed herself over her stupidity and nobody gave a shit.

I know he's making so people who've been resurrected start at a higher DC, but still... Percy should've stayed dead when Ripley killed him. It was the worst case scenario. Out in the middle of nowhere, no priest, no way to get back until a long rest, killed by his nemesis.

And yet they just wait, go home and rez. It's dumb, and completely sapped my interest out of the combat portions of the show. There's no tension because it's clear that Matt is going to elt them win every time.

Raishan could've killed most of them very early on with meteor shower if she used it properly, but she didn't. Matt is constantly pulling punches, because he thinks it's making for a good story, but it's doing the opposite. They just win all the time. Who cares anymore?

so long as they're done well. Every fight with Raishan was white knuckle and awesome. i think the only time matt really fucked up was with the kraken. also, he had a bad habit of not giving grog anything to do during dragon fights.

what i want is for vecna to come out and just waste like 3 npc's in a row, just to instill that terror into the players.

I would rather have quest threads on Veeky Forums over more "waaaah girls" threads like this one.

>watching let's plays
>watching sports
>watching tv
>watching movies

it's all the same thing, there's no difference. quit being autistic

I'm fairly certain that Marisha gets high either before games, or during the breaks. She's just way too unaware of things going on, and consistently awful.

I want to say the time where it was most obvious that she wasn't high, was during the fight with Raishan, the Green Dragon, when she actually had the mental awareness to Feeblemind the Dragon, and taking Raishan's spellcasting out of the picture.

She's an awful roleplayer, and doesn't bother to remember what her spells and cantrips do, despite Matt telling her basically every week that she can't just bullshit her way out of her stupid mistakes.

I'm SO glad that Matt let Keyleth die when she jumped off that cliff. You could tell that he was fed up with her shit.

>waaahh girls
That's not what this is. Most people who watch Critical Role love Ashley, for example.

You forget your location. There's like six different types of Veeky Forums rpg posters, and only one of them actually has a group:

1. The people who have a group and aren't relevant here.

2. Immigrants from /b/ and other boards who are just here for the creative thinking and lore that happens here.

3. The Wageslave: Slave to rheir job, works 60+ hours a week and only has time to do internet stuff.

4. The Elitist: The Anti-D&D GURPS playing superior gamer mentally challenged Sperg. It wasn't their fault they were kicked from their last group(yes it was)

5. The Socially Anxious: these guys would probably fine if they could work up the nerve to find a group and actually interact with them. They never will.

6. The Wyoming resident: There's no one around them that plays. The nearest LGS is an hour away. They've ordered a few books online in hopes of one day finding a group, but that's just a pipe dream.

They all basically live the Veeky Forums lifestyle vicariously through actual plays, Veeky Forums, and browsing Roll20 in hopes of finding something that might actually work for them.

i agree, on one hand i love most of the characters but on the other seeing them win all the time without breaking a sweat is super boring. one of the characters NEEDS to die. preferably keylith or vax

Watching people play games is pretty big now, get with the times grandpa

nice projecting, i play every weekend and watch CR

how fitting that the two most annoying characters are in a relationship

I play every weekend and don't care about CR, but I like imagining the angry faces of every poster in terrible threads like these and believing that one day things might be different, but until then I just troll around until the thread turns to the actual topic of discussion, usually some interesting philosophical or political discussion.

anti-anti-questfags are the most annoying guys desu

i think she's drunk, i remember watching a game where she was constantly spilling her drink and giggling to the point where laura had to tell her to stop

Well now we're just getting into semantics. No, the real answer is that the most annoying people are the fanatics on either side, as with everything.

That's probably more likely. That group is filled with alcoholics. She's the awful, loud, giggly white girl type of drunk... the worst type to have when playing a tabletop game.

speaking of alcoholics

youtube.com/watch?v=A0wAVzDAQQA&list=LLvzxAzSe3LShpE-o75nXcpw&index=6

Which category would you say I fit into? I'm a wageslave but I also dislike playing roleplaying games in person, preferring to play them online?

>waah girls
the thread has literally nothing to do with her being a girl

might you be autistic user? women issues, perhaps?

Being drunk doesn't make your hands shake. Watch her hands next time you see her acting dumb.

She's shivery and twitchy. Dunno what she's taking, but it's not alcohol.

Namefags are the most obnoxious pathetic cancer

marisha's problem is that she's tone deaf. she acts like this is a goof around game when everyone else is roleplaying seriously and using humor when appropriate. she doesn't think about the consequences to her actions because she thinks the game is just "for fun" when in reality they're performing for a live audience and it's a narrative driven show

Only RPG show I ever watched is Harmonquest, which is only really borderline a real show about roleplaying.

talisan's hands shake all the time, maybe it's a side effect from sitting so close to him?

Oh, agreed. This is deliberate.

Taliesin has a condition, high blood pressure or something.

She does not.

Having known reformed coke addicts, he acts exactly like them.