Connected to EVONet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>Headcases_Leave_To_Mars__End_Of_CFD_in_Sight?.news
>Ware_Suites__What_Are_Some_Good_Ones.thread
>A_Revolution_In_Data:_Will_Decks_Get_Cheaper?.trid
>Ware_Grades_Current.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 404 (50% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, have you heard about this one guy that says he has more than 6 Essence as a normal human?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Bots_Build_Bots.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Tech Edition
We all know that tech gets shafted right now, from high ESS cost, to high price for Ware and Decks, to high Availability.
What do you do to help those guys?
Lower deck and ware prices?
Extra ESS for mundanes?
Something else?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-Wq3lMvCEHA?t=49s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Idea for a runner
Blackbird
nova coke addicted raven shaman/face who specializes in fast talking and support magic
no offensive magic but carrys a silenced pistol for when things get hairy

Use background counts.

that would be nerfing awakened, which is also useful to close the gap between them
But what do you do to buff the mundanes?

I drop Cyberware costs by half and let Cyberlimbs be Enhanced up to 4. I also increase Cyberarm capacities to match legs.
It buffs Hands of God more than I'd like, but it's a compromise I'm okay making at my table.

I also let Bioware and Cyberware with ratings be upgraded rather than fully replaced.

>The second sentence is a problem, and illustrates why CGL shouldn't be allowed to retain the license. Magic is supposed to be a sideshow in Shadowrun, not the bigtop.
The last sentence is subjective, and you're allowed to be wrong. Still gonna point at you and laugh though.

>A background count impose a negative dice pool penalty
>a negative penalty
So... A bonus?

No a negative penalty, as opposed to a positive penalty.

Granted, those are for totally different things (negative penalties for the die pools you are using, positive penalties for things like Public Awareness or your enemy's die pools), but it is possible.

Despite my glibness, a positive penalty is usually only for things like memory or public awareness. Where extra dice are got and you don't want them got.

>No a negative penalty, as opposed to a positive penalty.
Positive penalty is a negative. Negative penalty is a positive.
>Despite my glibness, a positive penalty is usually only for things like memory or public awareness. Where extra dice are got and you don't want them got.
Then you call them bonus dice.

When you can kill a chicken and create a minor background count, that's a mundane buff.

>Extra ESS for mundanes?
Nah. Mandatory Sensitive System or Cyber Snob.

I know. I was mostly being glib about the somewhat redundant terminology.

Now, if it was still the era of variable success numbers, then positive and negative penalties would be a somewhat useful shorthand.

A positive penalty would be adjusting the success number, and a negative one affecting the die pool, just by inference.

>A positive penalty would be adjusting the success number
Also known as increased threshold.
>and a negative one affecting the die pool
So, a dice pool penalty.

Yeah. Wasn't saying that Chummer should change, but that there's nothing to change - and may never be.

No, I'm talking about like in 3e where to count a success you might have to roll a five, six, seven, or even eight depending on what you were doing.

Right now I can't think of anything that would cause a roll of a 5 to not count as a success on that die.

(As for how you could roll an eight on a six sided die, well, back then sixes got rerolled and then you added the numbers together to get the result.)

That sounds like a stupid system.

>back then sixes got rerolled and then you added the numbers together to get the result.
which meant that a 6 and a 7 was the same difficuilty

Yeah that's why I called it a stupid system.

A system like that can work, but I feel it needs at least one of two things that early SR didn't have. Either some semi-hard determinism on when the numbers change, or just scaling in one direct, preferably down.

At least as long as those sixes could explode.

Have you ever done a "low power" start before?
>13 start Karma, significantly lower starting cash
How did it go? What was the story?

Sound like everyone would just take awakened

yeah that sounds like it does

5e has two rules for low-power: Street Scum and Street Level
Street Level just gives less NuYen, Street Scum adjusts the whole CharGen

As expected, in Street Level most play as awakened because that way they won't be limited

I give out free contact points, encourage players to get contacts who can get them gear, and mostly throw out the availability/black market rules - it moves at the speed of plot, but you can get your time at the betaware clinic.

Where is everyone?

It's work time in the civilized world.

but it's evening in europe?

Exactly.

evening isn't work time, so it definitely isn't work time in the civilized world right now

OH, you mean america! Why didn't you say so directly?

There's only one cultural center of the world!

and it definitely isn't that far away from GMT

Only a five hour difference.

>five hour
>only

I remember a long time ago someone did a martial arts list and said what was good and what sucked. Anyone still have that link?

search for "6000 words on Martial arts"

in the pastebin

What are some good magic traditions for orks? Obviously something INT based, but which ones are best?

Is it? Shit, I must of shot past it.

Taking a CHA or LOG tradition won't make that much of a difference in terms of power.
Most of the INT traditions except for Chaos Magic are pretty restrictive in terms of flavor. An Ork raised on the street could easily an Urban Shaman or a Chaos Mage.

>Is it? Shit, I must of shot past it.
>must of
No, I think the issue is with your literacy.

or his spellchecker

Or his brain.

Or his cerebral booster

Or his CMOS

Hey guys, is the Zone drug (CF p 184) not in Chummer?

It was, mostly because it used d6s, Old world of Darkness was similar but because it used d10s there was room to move on the target number, whereas 2nd/3rd ed routinely had you trying to get over six on a d6.

Hey, I'm an idiot. Does anyone know how to add Metamagic in Chummer?

only in career mode, chummer

UI question for you guys; I'm considering switching the existing label-based layout to a textblock-based setup in order to reduce wasted whitespace and provide a small amount of support for people using peasant resolutions. One of the main potential downsides to this is that we'd also have to concatenate tooltips to show the breakdown of complex properties, so a vehicle's tooltip label would be like this:

Pilot: xxx + yyy + zzz
Armor: xxx + yyy + zzz
Handling: xxx + yyy + zzz
Handling (Offroad): xxx + yyy + zzz
Speed: xxx + yyy + zzz
Sensor: xxx + yyy + zzz
Seats: xxx + yyy + zzz

I'm a little bit worried that this would become an unreadable blob; we can apply formatting to highlight the headers and relevant numbers and such to make it easier, but can you guys think of any other problems with doing it in that way? The Source label would still be a separate object so that you can click it to open the PDF of course.

Seems not. I'll have to run through and confirm if anything else is missing.
Once you have access to the Initiation tab (Enable the houserule for create mode or move into career mode), click the Add Initiate Grade button, then right-click on the Grade treenode and click Add Metamagic. If you don't have the houserule to ignore Street Grimoire's Art requirements, you'll need to add the appropriate Art type for your chosen metamagic first. Unchecking the option to hide metamagics you can't take and double-clicking on it will tell you what you're missing.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean yekka
could you give an example?

I'd need more time for a proper proxy, but it'd look sort of like this:

Seems nice
I'm in favor

Is this a reference to that really cringe story someone posted about a gloryhole?

>really cringe story someone posted about a gloryhole?
what?

Someone with a name very close to Blackbird posted a really cringe story about him and his dm talking about his character doing a glory hole or something. It was enough to raise the background count of the thread. Not important since obviously unrelated

I've never had a problem with the Chummer whitespace; things are spaced fairly well for readability, which your proposed block mashes together.

What's the scythe called in 5e?

Collapsible Scythe
Hard Targets 183

Thanks.

The actual textblock would still have proper formatting, it just means that a clusterfuck like the vehicles tab would be able to JUST show the relevant fields for the weapon, or gear, or vehicle, or location notes, or whatever else I inject into it.

Like, this is the current backend mapping for the vehicles tab. It's a mess of stuff that's been slapped in over time.

So I was thinking it would be awesome for my character to take clinch, use that and follow up with shock gloves. Common Sense tells me it should be easy because when you clinch someone they would be locked by your hands but I don't see anyway to attack on the same turn when you clinch. Anything I'm missing srg?

How can I add it to Shadowrun

Shock Weave.

Shock Gloves are always an attack.

Common sense tells me you wouldn't want close contact with people you're sending 50,000 volts through.

You can't attack on the same turn you clinch someone. Engaging in a Clinch is a complex action, then you get a dice bonus bonus IIRC for close combat attacks while in a Clinch afterwards.

???

>How can I add it to Shadowrun
????
I have no Idea what you mean

Sorry, Chummer. Typed that while people are talking in my ear.

Your common sense is wrong.

Don't touch people you're tazing :3

Don't zapwrestle people without having nonconductivity 6, fag.

youtu.be/-Wq3lMvCEHA?t=49s

Clinch is a simple action

Shit, zapwrestling is probably a sport in the 6th world.

Thanks user, I will was so focused on the shock gloves I forgot that those exist

Ecks Deee!

No.

>If the character is in touch contact with an opponent from a Grapple or Clinch and has equipment that deals electricity damage, the character may make a Free Action to initiate shock damage to the opponent provided that the gamemaster agrees that the weapon is also in touch contact with the opponent.

Page number?

page 140 Run and Gun

>all knowsofts carry discreet advertising plugs, so that when you're speaking on a subject you're name-dropping products, and when you're doing an action your first impulse is to get certain brands of tools, and vague sense of unease when you use other ones

Good ideas?

Cute fluff if you're a chip using character trying to work in a gimmick, but I'd never try to inflict that on another player. I guess it depends on your table.

The hell... that kid's going to grow out of his implant in months. Then what?

Corp kid, Corp scrip. Does it matter when it's all monopoly money? Look he's even got a datajack already.

It honestly sounds like a Mission hook, like some NPC uses knowledgesofts like crazy and gets driven crazy by the "whispers." I like it user

that feel when resources A but you aren't a a warehead

The dangers of going off-brand - his mapsofts disagree about what he wants for supper

But why?

His Runner is a mundane, low/no ware Face who spent 250k Nuyen on Drugs to deal out and/or use.

Recalled knowsofts with improper subliminal advertising.

I can dig it.

Don't do it yekka! Chummer would lose it's charmingly appealing amount of white space, which is actually quite good for readability!

How would you stat one of those weyland yutani white blood androids?
You know, the ones that can kill you with a magazine, and are generally fucking great.

The movie versions were outwardly normal people, but had superstrength basically. Basically able to pass as human.

The combat versions in the AvP games were walking tank, that could soak up damage like it was nothing.

The first version could be represented by stating a cybered face maybe.
The second version could be a beefed up anthropomorphic drone.
Like pic related just way harder to kill.

You could go drone either way; Bishop would be a Direktionssekretar with some Realistic Features and a Pinfinger autosoft.

You buy another. And another. Because you need little timmy to do well in school in order to get into the right college, and if you want him to do well in school, you need to get him the neurological enhancers all the rich kids have.

Of course this leads to a run, to take out some upstart punk who's making an adblocker for chips.

So Cyber-Snob prevents you from picking up any bio/cyberware less then beta grade but you're prevented from picking up anything higher then alphagrade at chargen. Does this mean that you are unable to pick Cyber-Snob at chargen unless you pick something like Restricted Gear?

It means you can't start with ware unless you talk with your GM or are doing a Prime Runner campaign.

AFAIK Restricted Gear doesn't let you bypass the alphaware limit, it just lets you get higher availabilities of 'ware.

The plan is for there still to be as much whitespace, don't worry about that. I just want to be able to look at a weapon on a vehicle without wasting two-thirds of the space on invisible controls. Wrost case scenario I try it, hate the effort of maintaining the configuration strings and roll back, but it's a ways off still.
Word of Freelancer is that you should change the grade to Alphaware and reduce the karma bonus.Also, Restricted Gear won't let you bypass the Alphaware limit on chargen.

(repost for clarity)

>AFAIK Restricted Gear doesn't let you bypass the alphaware limit
That.

>Does this mean that you are unable to pick Cyber-Snob at chargen
This.

It's essentially something you swap other negative qualities out for, after the game has started. So if you kill off an enemy, pay off your debt, erase your criminal record, etc. you can potentially become a snob.

So if orks are analogous to niggers in sixth world, what about all the other metatypes? Are elves the white race?

What's the shortest you could go for a troll and still have it slide at the table? I was going to make a short troll that came from tall human parents, and wanted to make her 7'4 or so just because the idea of the character being tall as hell, but short around her own race type amused me.

Pick neoteny and play a loli troll

B-but I don't wanna play a loli troll, user-kun