Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Off topic shitposting and unsolicited opinions on Israel edition.

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/24/new-warhammer-40000-a-forge-world-datasheet-may24gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily dancan
youtube.com/watch?v=nytzHVEHLLs

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/25/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-orks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for the mighty cuppa

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/25/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-orks/

Are you ready to raid the field with your Ld30 Ork horde?

>Not Weather edition
fuck off

>Da Jump

WHERE'S ALL THE FLAVORY AND FUNNY RANDOMNESS?

Third for jetpack primarines are awful

gas the kike race war now nuke israel boots on the ground

Lol its shit. Sometimes I love GW.

Na na-na na, na na-na na
hay-ay-ay
Goo-ood bye!

>A Big Mek with a Kustom Force Field gives nearby Ork *units* a 5+ invulnerable save against shooting attacks.

About frigin time

>more attacks
>better buffs
>good LD
>better powers
nigga you dumb

>Morale is not nearly as problematic
Morale confirmed for cisgendered white male scum.

>not Celsius is superior to Farenshite edition either
Missed opportunities abound

It's the fucking CSM article all over again. No new rules, just "it's gonna be great, we promise!"

Nigga, you feeding it.

Sad about the painboy being weaker but the idea of a lot of "auras" in army being a theme is a really neat one. Actually, it's not as much of a nerf now that I think about it because it applies to multiple units now, not just the one he's attached to.

And you cant read

More like assmad Scottish peasants rebel against their imperial overlords...again edition.

It's a brief faction preview dumbshit, they ain't gonna tell us everything, and people want to hear the fundamentals

More importantly: Give us a functional army and THEN add in 'funny' random shit

I for one am hyped to get the boyz back on the table.

I know right. Gives us all a reason to dust him off

>more attacks
How? you get 2 normally, +1 for charge, +1 for choppa. Do you get +1 for the fact you have both slugga and choppa?

Probably Zapp guns, Shokk attack guns, Snazzguns, etc. Warboss and Nobs inflence is still pretty random. It's just that the mob rule itself is no longer pants on head retarded. Still flavorful though.

>stick boss, paint boy and mega mek next to each other
>Flank with 2 units of 30 boys
>kans and dreads in front
>dont care about blasts so can bunch up
>whole army with 5++/6+++, imncluding the walkers
NOW WIZ COOKING WIF FIRA

no, we have +1 attack for the choppa (so 3 base) and a slugga attack, so its like we are always charging

>jetpack primarines are awful
Those are the only Primarines I like...

noice

Some Meganob stats? Choppas/big choppas? All the leadership rules? New psychic power?

>No new rules
read nigga, READ!

>Implying "flavour" won't come through the 6 Klan specific rules

I can see my Sunz getting to reroll run moves and shit

Sounds completely unimpressive compared to what we've heard about the other factions.

Can't wait for the new
>melee race
meme to come out.

>>more attacks
It works out to be the same. You don't get +1 for 2CCW anymore, so the Choppa buff was needed just to break even. You also don't get +1 for charging anymore either.

Ork Boyz in 7th on the charge: 2 attacks base +1 for pistol+CCW +1 for charging = 4 on the charge (but >I2), 3 after

Ork Boyz in 8th: PROBABLY 2 attacks base +1 for choppa = 3 on the charge (but strike first!), 3 after, and if they start one of their turns still locked in combat they can shoot their pistols but this won't happen too often probably

>No new rules, just "it's gonna be great, we promise!"

Just ask for cliffnotes, no need to play retarded.

>It's a brief faction preview dumbshit, they ain't gonna tell us everything, and people want to hear the fundamentals
>More importantly: Give us a functional army and THEN add in 'funny' random shit
>I for one am hyped to get the boyz back on the table.
Amen to dis!
Now da Orkz iz a proppa' melee army again!

Mildly annoyed nothing was mentioned about Looted Vehicles, but it is just a faction preview...

we can't get worse user, we can only stay the same

>You also don't get +1 for charging anymore either.
source?

Reminder
>Celsius can't do 0-100

>mob rule allows orks to use LD equal to unit size

Holy shit.

Dis gon b gud

Also Waagh rules, re-roll charges, and painboy/kff.

Lots of rules.

As far as I understand Pistols don't give you extra attacks anymore because they allow you to shoot in melee. Could be both, but I doubt it.

So on the down side you don't gain yet another attack. On the plus side, practically every other melee unit loses an attack.

Can confirm 90* Celsius is livable human temperature for refugees and if you don't accept that you're a fascist shitlord

Slugga attack only happens in your shooting phase, to even use it after charging you have to still be in combat 2 turns later

Basically
>your turn, you charge, you fight, enemy fights
>enemy turn, they shoot pistols point blank, you both fight
>your turn again, now you shoot pistols point blank

Ya, Orks are (supposed to be) all about that melee alpha strike right?

Reminder
>Farenheit can't do -30 - 30

if slugga keeps the same stats, then it's like additional attack anyway. Unless you choose between shooting OR attacking.
If boyz are S3 and no furious charge equivalent, we might be fucked

Meh. Was everyone was so "impressed" with in the Tyranids preview were just the spoiled stats of a special character.

feels good to suck less now

You can shoot your pistol when in melee. the REAL question is do you use BS or WS for this. i presume BS, which is lame.
On the other hand, its likyl we will hit on a 3+ for most CC which is a MASSIVE buff

you forgot about shooting the sluggas before your charge

>Meganobz have 2+ save (and now 3 Wounds!)
Learn from da Orkz Humies, we knowz how to build proppa armor.

It's also the ideal temperature for brewing coffe.

GW Facebook + Q&As

Proofs? thats a shame it its the case

Also, it's a fucking Slugga, fired by Orks. Do you really expect that to do anything at all after 2 round of combat?

Yes?

People were shitposting for like, 5 threads, that the swarmlord was going to be crushing friendly titan legions single handedly.

damn. well at least having the same number of attacks but striking first, and probably on a 3+, means that you get more hits than before.

No it was confirmation that Genestealers are getting buffed up to purestrain levels and then some

Actually not too broken. Sure that 30 strong blob is practically immune to morale until it drops to 10 or so models but it's still not as good as outright ignoring morale. What I like more is the little tidbit about being able to use the unit size of a *nearby* unit for it. So your 15 Burnas are exactly as brave as that 30 strong blob.

>Looted Ordinatus Mars

Yup, went from Fabby B wiping out titans to the Swarmlord.

Next up is Nork Deddogs Thunderous Headbutt oneshotting them

Yeah but you can already do that, that's not a change.

You don't do it in the Fight phase though, so it won't come up all that often.

I like kittens too but come on!

>2+ save
>3 wounds
>at initiative power claws
>FNP
>mob rule

ITS TIME FOR DEFFWING LADS

Which makes sense, it's still one big mob of hooligans.

So long as ALL the extra rolling that came from the stupid chart and randomly allocating for units that could be two-dozen strong fucks off, I'm happy
Speaking of burnas, they'll be funny with the new flamer rules
>15D6 S4 hits

Hits on 4's thanks to klaw (my guess) still, will be fucking mint to have unit wide skorchas

>First for the mighty cuppa
Ya mean, DIS mighty cuppa, boy?

>immune to morale until it drops to 10 or so models
>These are all in addition to the Mob Rule! which allows a unit of Orks to use a leadership value equal to their unit size or the leadership value of a nearby Ork unit.
they can use their unit size or a unit near them, so you would have to shrink all of the nearby units to get a real battleshock test.

Dont' forget Kombi skorchas.

Ork news seems pretty promising with what we saw so far. Here's hoping for you guys.

It seems like there's an emphasis on taking what the "should" of a given army look like and making it closer to what we're going to see fielding.

I'm realllly hoping for some updated Phoenix Lords and Aspect Warriors -- what are you guys hoping for?

>build proppa armor.
>no built in invulnerable save

Really makes you wanna krump your mek.

>max 10meganobz
>ld10
what do you mean?

I really like the idea of centering orks around stacking bonuses. It kinda fits with the whole crazy-mob thing; orks now need to work together to get stuff done, and the more orks you have clustered in one place, the scarier they will be.

>stats
And his useful game changing ability

And the movement 8 on stealers + rending claws

And Synapse avoiding battleshock

And the Trygon + tunnel being awesome again (Not in the nid preview, but still counts)

But yeah, nice job speaking for all Nid players and cherrypicking there. If you ignore the other leaks it was totally only the Swarmlord to get hype

Just because you became a jaded faggot and you're on Veeky Forums don't assume we all are.

Unless mob rule can't interact with itself, in which case you'd need a unit of nobz or the warboss to get the most out of that shared ld.

Either way it's clearly set up to encourage a green tide of enormous model counts.

Interestingly enough this means that the moral center of a big ork army is the blob of boyz in the middle. You have to focus the largest unit to bring down their morale.

How do I add some flavor/a personal touch to my Nid army without putting my dick in the lire?

>nearby unit of 30 boyz
so problems here, boss

Yeah that's fucking ballin'

A 30-strong mob of a boyz can lose 12 of them and still be immune to losing any from Morale.

If you lose 20 of them but still have a Warboss nearby? Only D3 losses.

Exactly. And it practically forces you to use those big mobs because Trukk squads are scaredy-cats.

Sure but remember even terminators will be hitting on 4's with power fists

oh sure. its not biggie. wonder what killsaws will be like

ooooooo, i am begining to like it

This, making the leadership your unit size or a nearby unit's leadership is good shit. Though I'm not sure if they meant you can use the leadership of the nearby 30 boyz who are count as Ld30 or not.

I'm guessing chainfists with the chainsword/choppa rule

that's exactly what it means, by my reading.

>Paladins will have S10 daemonhammers hitting on 3+

Making grey knights great again

I think Ork profiles will just have a * for the Ld stat and it will only be equal to their model count. Characters might have some special rule that they count as 10 or something.

sure but what do THEY do.

>Orks have the best leadership in the game

Its the Skaven debacle all over again

Mix some of your blood into the paint

characters don't need it, because lone models never test for battleshock.

Probably a powerfist but with D6 dmg

So I guess Trukks are more elite (nobz, meganobz) transports than for the boyz?

Inb4 carnac comes in and reads the ork update and fucking blows up in rage

Ah right. Maybe there are other things that require Leadership tests still, though? Like Mind War style psychic powers? Or maybe they just removed all those alternate uses of the stat.

We're going to get a boost right boss? Boss?

>Exactly. And it practically forces you to use those big mobs because Trukk squads are scaredy-cats.
I dunno mate. LD10 right from the get-go is pretty impressive on its own. Hell, we don't even know if they're going to increase the number of boyz you can pack into a trukk for that matter (okay, this part's wishful thinking on my end, but still!)

On a side note: this might make taking a 30 boyz unit of 'ard Boyz in 'eavy armor worth the point sink!

that they gave orks (so far) so many "armywide" rules i'm feeling good about acts of faith and similar rules

>NON-ORKS ALREADY BUTTMAD
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH BTFO

I don't even play Orks but the salt from WAACfags losing to nu-Orks is going to be priceless, make my day my green friends.

NECRONS FACTION FOCUS WHEN?