Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Dueling Kroot Banjos

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/24/new-warhammer-40000-a-forge-world-datasheet-may24gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily dancan
youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OQlByoPdG6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here come the Orks

First for AM!

>Space Marines know no fear!
>Ld 7

my dudes > your dudes

>Tau are a shooty race!
>Markerlights re-roll 1's

What price do you expect the new models to end up? I kinda want some of those drones to convert into Ironstrider counts-as. Kinda mini-Vulturax.

Am i the only one who noticed that sister of silence legs are literally copied from dark eldar warriors? GW is lazy.

is this the new
>i2

For all the shit Tau get for being weeb, the market team decided that Space Marines were the best way to actually appeal to weebs. The fact that Chadseraphims look like gundams is no accident.

YOU MUST CHOOSE

Or they needed some nice legs

That's because Japanese people aren't weebs. Weebs are wannabe Japanese people who like things that the Japanese just consider normal.

So.... this is the new "Choose your Allegiance" now that the books have been announced...

Japs aren't Weaboo you doofus. Japs are Westaboo, like Kojima.

So I know they said codices will be coming in the future, but will all factions actually get them?

Points, because Power apparently has a bunch of strictly better upgrades and I'm bored of WarConvo already. I want to enjoy my faction as an army, not a test-everything buffet game.

user that is basic marketing.

Two nuke country loves western crap. They have French maid cafes for fuck sake.

If anything Tau are made for the western weeboo. You make SoB or Marines for the asians, not shit they already have there and in abundance.

I can understand it. For a Japanese guy Tau probably look boring. That aesthetic is already fucking everywhere. For them, Marines are probably more exotic.

Probably. They've confirmed new Codexes are coming for Orks and Tyranids at least.

World Eaters and Emperor's Children are probably getting their own books too.

I'm betting the oldmarines might be the only ones that don't get new books very often if at all, since they're sort of being replaced by Primarines.

Everyone except squat marines

What army will you use in your first game in 8th?

> ORKS ARE A MELEE RACE
> 3D6" REROLLABLE CHARGE RANGE
> POWER TO LITERALLY TELEPORT YOUR ENTIRE ARMY TO THE 9" MARK
> ALWAYS ATTACK FIRST ON THE CHARGE
> SLUGGAS GET 5 ATTACKS ON THE CHARGE, SHOOTAS GET 4
> MEGANOBZ SWING S10 AT INITIATIVE
> INFINITE USE COMBI-SKORCHAS FOR TORCHING GITZ INFINITELY

Everyone. Duh.

T'a''u"'""""""

Imperial Guard. With Deathstrike, Rough Riders and if he is present, Sly Marbo. Trying to get a feel for every unit in the new dex.

My orks.

I'm going to put together the new SoB starter and play it asap.

Beep Boop, motherfuckers. Going to take basically a WarConvo so I can test out most of the units and see how they do in practice. And yes, I know that's a shitty build without buffs.

>Imperial Agents
>sadSoB.jpg

Afaik you dont get extra attacks from 2 weapons nor charging. But yeah. Its looking very promising for orks! And thats wonderful since playing against orks is always damn good fun.

>53429105
You Advance ("Run") in the Movement and Tellyport to the 9" in the Psychic Phase. 2d6 is still your charge.

My Khorne Daemonkin, god willing I manage to paint enough of them in time.

>Orks are resilient
>6+ 5++ 6+++

I'll get a feel for the rules with my may sisters, since they're the only army I've played with recently so it should give me a good baseline to compare things to. After that I'll start branching out and testing out all the units and rules that have changed.

Speaking of...

The deathstrike. Stat it.

Triple land raider plus triple drop pod black templar list.

Advance and Charge with re-roll is no the same as 3d6 re-roll

> POWER TO LITERALLY TELEPORT YOUR ENTIRE ARMY TO THE 9" MARK
It only targets one unit of Infantry. You would need half your army to be Weirdboyz and the other half to not include any non-Infantry to do this with everyone

> ALWAYS ATTACK FIRST ON THE CHARGE
Everyone does this now

> SLUGGAS GET 5 ATTACKS ON THE CHARGE
No they don't, they most likely get 3. CCW+pistol no longer gives bonus attacks, neither does charging from what we've been told.

> MEGANOBZ SWING S10 AT INITIATIVE
How do you know Meganobz are S5 base?

TL;DR don't overhype yourself and then burn your army in a tantrum when you realize half this shit isn't true. Orks got a lot better but you're missing a lot of the details.

>SLUGGAS GET
>3
>SHOOTAS GET
>2

Enjoy duking it out with numarines with your 3 str.

I'm curious because my newly minted main force is probably the smallest army listed on the cover of one of the books, the Custodes.

In 7th they can only be fielded in the Golden Legion Task Force as we don't have an HQ. So my thought is if they do give Talons of the Emperor or just the Custodes a codex then they'll have to give us an HQ, right?

It's not really any different from when they were "Witch Hunters" instead.

>T4
>Autocannons and scatter lasers now Wound them on 3's instead of 2's

Just give us the rules god damn it

>Numarines cost 20 points

Enjoy 3 wounds and 9 attacks for every 2 and 2 your noob marines get

Range: Infinite 2d6 S16 ap-6 3d6 wounds

Apocalyptic Demise: for every 5 models on the target unit, Deathstrike Missile does extra d6 hits. Additionally, before resolving damage, every unit within 3" of target unit suffers d6 hits and d3 for every 5 models in the unit.

There will 100% be Detachments that don't require any HQ choice.

WHICH AND WHY
admech
custodes
deldar
daemons
gk

This.

Also, I'm super stoked about having layers of buffs. Large units, nobz, painboys, KFFs, etc.

They'll probably do both. The fact that they don't have an HQ is actually surprising.

>actually thinking he was saying you could teleport your whole army with one cast.....

AdMech

Best models, fun playstyle, good selection of options not too big or small.

>WE and EC getting their own books
We can always dream, user

Ah, cool. I'm just a tad concerned about my dudes getting skimmed over with all the other tall dudes with genetic engineering hype. I know we're getting rules and all that good stuff and I know they're not super important in the grand scheme of things, but I'd still like to see them get some love.

Just got these in the mail. What's up with GW supplying undersized bases? That Enginseer has mechadendrites trailing off of the base (cleverly hidden in the group shot), looks really silly.

Warboss has ability called WAAAAAGH that allows units within 6" to advance and charge on same turn.

Not him but advance is basically run correct?

Works out to about a 4+ 25/54 chance of failing.

The Lion returns When?

youtube.com/watch?v=OQlByoPdG6c

Is there a second-hand market for the new rulebook?

Orks can, read their rules.

I swear every time someone is excitedly discussing a new rules release which talks about melee units that have a special rule which specifically allows them to Advance+charge there's one retard who's like HURRR NO YOU CANT DO DAT

Necrons.
But I'm scared that they're gonna suck a large pulsating phallus this edition.

its a Admech thing.

40k Magos is supplied with 32mm base but in every picture he has bigger base

admech
+robots and shiet
+best non gmo humans around, especially when it comes to tech
-kindoff iffy about the whole imperium thing while still being a part of the imperium
custodes
+golden bois
- 1 unit with 2 weapon options unless they port in all the 30k stuff
deldar
+ cool models
-edgy fluff
daemons
+very fun to paint , loads of colours
- can't really make them your own as much unless you really start to get wonky with colours
gk
+knights in space
-dickheads in space
-their fluff by ward is attrocious and they sport some of the biggest mary sues of the entire fluff

Considering Death Guard are getting a Codex release shortly after launch there's no reason to think the other two Cult Legions aren't, especially with all the hints that they're on their way.

Yea i realized we were talking about orks way to late.

Admech are also
-impractical as fuck techology

>Fluff, cool units, Sidonia Knights wreck vehicles in an instant
>never saw them, minis personally look bad
>broken units even if you fuck up or have bad dices. no one will play with you after a while
>new rules make them look pretty rad
>cool minis cool units cool weapons cool lore cool army.

So Mob rule no longer is a bad thing. Thats cool

>I'm curious because my newly minted main force is probably the smallest army listed on the cover of one of the books, the Custodes.
>Custodes
>Smaller than LotD

>admech
>good models
Pick one.

>this old bait
Just post the pasta already so we can laugh at you for having such shit taste

Holy crabapples batman

I'd take it. How about the manticore?

Minotaurs, because fuck other marines

DA-GSC Breeder-Cheetah-fag-Non Walker-shit taste-faggot-chink

Detected

Primarines.

>Manletaurs
You know you'll never get REAL space marines

Pick a point on the battlefield.
All models within 9" of the point take 1d6 Mortal Wounds.

If a model in range has the Keywords VEHICLE or MONSTER they take 2d6 Mortal Wounds instead of 1d6.

If a model in range has the Keywords TITANIC they take 4d6 Mortal Wounds instead of 1d6.

Don't lump our beautiful queen in with those other heathens you gay fuck.

>Rough Riders
I really want to do an cavalry heavy army.

Maybe use Perry or Fantasy minis for Feudal World conscripts.

Wait but how is she your queen when shes the one who wants to be violated by the GSC. isnt she just another breeding bitch?

>everyone who doesn't like my amorphous monolook army of cogs and fish-tanks has shit taste!
Not an argument.

>admech player
>tripfag enabler
Like pottery.

user we're really sensitive about our height, please be kind

I like how GW selling Trukks use this image as an example.

Orks are silly.

>implying height matters
>not caring about weight instead

Shame Krieg Death Riders are insanely expensive. Even china-recasts are ~11e/pop.

You do know shitposting is against the rules?

Same goes to you, mr. stop disliking what I like.

>Not an argument.
Oh look it's Carnac

Buttblasted over Nids and Orks getting better so you have to resort to trolling the AdMech players now, eh?

Yeah. They do look swank, but you can get fairly generic cavalry dudes for less than half that.

I want it to be on one tiny wheel, instead of a flight stand. The grav almost works, so it's a unicycle.

Fug, now I want to do a bunch of pirate themed orks.

Everyone say your 8th edition prayers!

>please let inquisitorial stormtroopers take rhinos again

>Please let Blood angels be an assault army

Wait... can invulns happen at the same time as armor saves? I might have missed that.

>please don't let inquisitorial stormtroopers take rhinos again.

:^)

>LotD army list

Nope.

Squat Tau and Marines
More Primaris marines

It's one or the other.

>oh 8th ed please let the game be fun and balanced and a allow every army valid to play

>Please let Lictors put the FEAR OF GOD into non-nidplayers again

You're too good a man for a place like this.