Help me flesh out this concept

Help me flesh out this concept

>Filename and Pic Related
>Secret Word Bearers loyalist successors (made from their geneseed, at least)
>believe in the elimination of emotions and termination of the self to defeat chaos
>greatest enemy is a Slaaneshi Demon/Warlord/Whatever known as Devamara

they were originally created in a roll thread long ago. IIRC their homeworld is actually an oxygen less tomb world.

>loyalist word bearers

Fuck off.

you sure seem salty user, would you like some water?

Stop breaking the lore.

How praytell is having leftover wordbearer geneseed lorebreaking?

>muh horus heresy novels

YOU stop breaking the lore first, you hack

Most of the cursed founding was made with traitor geneseed. The Space Sharks were made from night lords for instance.

>The Space Sharks were made from night lords for instance.

Not this argument again

The idea of having a chapter using geneseed from the archtraitor legion is idiotic. Don't be a special snowflake.

>shitposting this hard

>The idea of having a chapter using geneseed from the archtraitor legion is idiotic

Horus was the archtraitor. Though now that you mention it, The Sons of Horus/Luna Wolves had perfectly stable geneseed, if any was recovered it could have been put to good use.

But user, there were loyalist Word Bearers.

>Word Bearers purge the entire legion of loyalists
>corrupt other legions
>n-no but horus was the archtraitor since he was the "leader"!

Horus was the Archtraitor. He's even referred to as such. He was the chosen of all four chaos gods. I'm not really sure what your autism is aiming at here.

Mixed up archheretic with archtraitor.

The origin of their geneseed is unknown. There, autism user has no reason to be mad anymore. Can we get back on topic?

BUDDHIST SPACE MARINES
THE TERMINATORS OF DEATH
WISDOM KINGS

No. They were all purged before the heresy even started.

>believe in the elimination of emotions and termination of the self to defeat chaos

elite or particularly fervent guys have purity seals over eyes
because reasons

We already have a Veeky Forums homebrew chapter made from Word Bearers. Look up Knights Repentant on the 1d4chan.

>But meh lore
People like this are anti-fun and need to die. Loyalists from traitor gene-seed is honestly one of the most tame homebrew things you can do.

So much better than when people try to homebrew shit like "These are my loyalists who use chaos but for good without being labeled heretics except by the big bad inquinsition but they're just misunderstood!"

Stop Crying and help OP out

This.

Shut up you twat. It's thematically trite and in no way fun. It's just trying to cram the edginess of a link with a big evil faction into a group of good guys. It's every bit as bad as the example you gave, and for exactly the same reasons. The notion that every Traitor Legion has a loyalist successor is also stupid, it feels like (and is) forced snowflakery.

>b-b-b-b-b-b-but le 40kek is all le snowfurlakes le alreddy !!!1 XDDDDDD

It's a matter of degrees and of whether it takes ideas anywhere interesting.

Also

>using the "fun" defence

Kill yourself. Immediately. Don't even reply, just go somewhere where your corpse won't create a nuisance for others and cut your throat.

>fun is just a buzz word

autism speaks

I, for one, think it's a pretty neat idea, OP
Care to elaborate ?
Do they have specific chapter tactics ?
Maybe an unusual focus on hand-to-hand combat ? I could see kung-fu marines in power armor be pretty terrifying adversaries to deal with
Also please people, stop responding to no-fun retards

I never actually got that far.

The original idea was that their chapter fortress was in the trunk and roots of a gigantic tree, the only life on the tomb world, so massive it actually has it's own small atmosphere and generates oxygen

They see the Emperor as a Bodhisattva, and due to a corrupted fragment of the Imperial Truth they hold as a relic, think that the secret to enlightenment and transcending mortality as the Emperor did is to live without self, transcending emotions and thought. They also practice mummification of their dead in order to emulate him, and believe that fragments of each of their battle-brothers consciousness' live in in their gene seed, and that each new brother is in fact a reincarnated form of the one that came before them. Ironically, their stoic serenity makes them very resistant to Chaos, and they specialize in fighting it. This is entirely accidental, they have no grasp of the true nature of the warp, simply a belief (that is ironically half correct correct) that disharmony and Kleshas causes daemons of the warp, which are troubled manifestations of the nascent god-mind of the human race. Samatha is very important to them, and they intone ritual droning chants even as they march into battle, which they take part in dispassionately. In some ways this makes them a bit like the Adeptus Mechanicus, but they do not believe in the purity of steel, but rather the divine nature of the human spirit. Whether flesh or metal, the corpus is just a vessel for the soul, a cocoon in which it gestates and grows. The outer form of this cocoon can be shaped by the soul within - Mutants are the reincarnations of troubled or corrupted souls for example. In some cases they are even reluctant to take on machine augments because of this, accepting bionic parts only when it is necessary to fulfill their role, which is the defense and shepherding of the human race as they grow towards transcendence as pre-ordained by the Emperor.

A counter to the Word Bearers being the evil Buddhists? Neat.

Also, to the shitfucks screeching about no loyalist word bearers: see the Exorcists.

>but muh grey knights successors

Yeah sure lol. It could also be both. This is the Inquisition we're talking about, they do stupid crazy shit all the time

>black and red armor
>chant in unknown languages while in combat
>cover their armor in runes
>literally are infused with daemons so they become invisible to chaos
>have a traitor splinter chapter

>Kung-Fu Shaolin Marines
FUND IT

Interestingly enough, despite being Angels of Death, they do not believe themselves to be violent. In fact, they believe themselves to be pacifists. This is for two reasons.

1. All their actions they strive to commit without violence of thought or intent. They proceed without hatred, thought, or remorse. In many ways, the killing is reflexive and without malice

2. They do not commit violence against humans, which are the purest manifestation of the soul in the material realm. All other beings are either corruptions of it, or lower rungs on the ladder to enlightenment. In either case, terminating these figures so that they might reincarnate in more favorable terms or at the very least cease their kharmic slide is mercy. Thus they are utterly pitiless- the death they grant is a favor, a blessing. The dispassionate way with which they kill is unnerving to many, even other space marines

PS: Before you ask, what about heretics, traders, or CSM?

These are not humans. They have strayed from the path to enlightenment, and allowed demons to gain a foothold in their spirits.

You are really making me want to steal your fluff and strip my imperial fists.

They believe in five great hindrances to the human spirit, and it is no accident that each of these corresponds to a 'God' of chaos, which is in fact just a manifestation of the cumulative human dream.

Sensory desire being Slaanesh
Ill-Will being Khorne
Sloth-Torpor being Nurgle
Restlessness-Worry being Tzeentch
Doubt-Mistrust being Malal

Each of these is counter-acted via Samatha, that is the state of reflective calm that comes from abandoning attachment, and the mindfulness of the transitory nature of phenominon.

If you want to focus on martial arts, I guess they could have esoteric combat styles based on power swords, spears, and Kung Fu power fists.

they could easily be fist successors given Buddhism's history of acetisicm and self inflicted violence, as a means of overcoming the body.

Very true. But in addition to the fluff, i think a bronze/crimson color scheme would be amazing, especially with greenstuff robes