media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Resources Pastebin:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/:
What campaign do you want to be ported to 5e the most? Or would you prefer they make new ones over that?

Other urls found in this thread:

dmsguild.com/m/product/209228
youtube.com/watch?v=OY1TlxJORik#t=2m37
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

All I want from campaigns is setting booklets really.

Chult, Al Qadim or Maztica is cool. Ideally though it would be something not in Faerun, like Darksun or a Manual of the Planes.

Anyone have A Thousand Tiny Deaths? DDAL06-01.

Has anyone actually tried the Mystic yet? How does it play?

starting out for the first time and i want to buy terrain. im not good at painting at all so thats out of the question.
any recommendations to sites or stores with decent terrain? any kind would be great.

There's always Legos

Got no clue I just use a grid and descriptions or draw the things on the grid.

not gonna do that user
i still have legos somewhere and i wouldnt mind using them but im afraid i might get called autist by my friends

Call them fags unless they want to shell out money for terrain this is what they get.

I used a big piece of paper from dollar store and draw on grids and occasionally doodled on it to denote whatever terrain, so I'd say you are more advanced than I.

Last general died so I post here: First time DMing. Can you give me good one shot adventure ideas? Something that should be easy for a first timer like me? I was thinking in a small quest where they need to explore a cave or old ruins or something (a mini dungeon)

Yeah I got these dry erase grid things from roll 4 initiative, double sided and work like puzzle pieces so you can place pieces as the party explores. Then again it was a gift for Christmas so can't be sure on the price.

Gotta go into some spooky dwarven ruins to get a magical macguffin. Mostly traps to deal with maybe a monster here or there.

If that's your first time, just pick up a official adventure like Death House.

>Chult, Al Qadim, or Maztica is cool

WELL MY FRIEND IT MUST BE YOUR LUCKY FUCKING DAY

The next campaign takes place in Chult

buy a campaign book, read all of it then conjure up a much smaller version of that. thats what my friends and i did

Get an official adventure if you can, and read-and-re-read it over and over before you play. Also google for feedback on the adventure, what difficulty people had running it, what kind of encounter was this-or-that, and keep note.

Making your own adventure is a lot more math intensive in 5e, if you want to make accurately challenging encounter without it tilting your players.

If you DO make your own adventure, read the whole DMG over and over, and then some more.

This is helping me. Thanks. And what level should be the party ti make it easy to manage but still fun for all?

Give me a rundown what's Chult like, I don't remember playing it.

Is there a one shot adventure in the Yawding Portal? If not what adventure could be reduced easly to a 4/5 hour session?

I would do 2 or 3 to start; Level 1 always feel like stray crits and unluckiness swings the game too much. At 2, the players don't have too much mechanics to confuse themselves in, and at 3 you get the players 2nd level spells and archetypes for those that get them at 3rd level, allowing for more options during chargen.

Total newbie to tabletop D&D here. Why people dislike Forgotten Realms so much?

Start at 2 but with something that almost immediately gets them to 3, to hook that level up dopamine into their veins ASAP.

Overuse (adventures, splats, novels video games) and general blandness.

I have. It's fun. I'm not going to bother writing the abusable things again, but there are abusable things. The right choice is for WotC to gently chisel away at the imbalanced choices, and change the AC bonuses to calculations, but instead they're probably going to hit the nose with a hammer, and leave you with 1-2 still broken options but half the psi points or some other hack job.

About archetypes, I still feel locking them for all but two classes at 3 was a mistake; if I were to go over, I'd allow people to take their main class archetype at 1 but force multiclassers to wait until 3 in the multiclass (even clerics and wizards) to reduce the cut down on dips.

I guarantee they make it so you can only learn the disciplines of your order and strip all versatility from the class.

How would you implement the archetype bonus slated at different levels? Just move the level when they get the bonus around?

Doesn't it drop off at 10? If so that's exactly what they'll do because no game goes past that level.

It doesn't so much drop off, as everyone else catches up and surpasses it.

I would probably allow any proficiency bonus (skills, weapons, armor) to be considered as is at level 1 while assuming that most of the baseline archetype bonuses are acquired at level 3.

Legos are cool.

Ahh, I haven't had any experience with them so wasn't sure.

It's all jungles and dinosaurs and there's like two cities of any note where non-Chultans hang out when they're not pillaging all the riches in Chult, Mezro and Port L-something.

So basically imagine Waterdeep and Neverwinter but it's in a jungle.

>fighter goes gwm pam

Isn't this cheesy as fuck?

>Fighter

Damn near has to in some people's opinion

Everyone's hitting on the dinosaurs and screaming Chult, but the rest of the image runs counter to that.

There's two big cities in Chult. This is a shitty Mezro, because the architecture looks nothing like Chultan stuff. There's no cat people hanging out here, either, which is weird because Mezro's de facto ruler is a Tabaxi and the city's full of them. That seems like a weird thing to leave out when you've put them in official content for 5E already. And this is all assuming we've COMPLETELY retconned the Spellplague, because Mezro blew up in that.
It's also a shitty Nyranzaru, because this architecture isn't Amnish.

What's the deal with all of the turbans and general desert garb? Chultans don't dress like that, and they're not all foreign merchants because we see them riding and leading all these dinosaurs which sure as shit aren't getting on the boat back home with them.

This is either a big reimagining of Chult (or they just forgot all their Chultan + Amnish background info) or someplace else that is nearby, trades with Chult, or otherwise has its own bunch of dinosaurs. Because it's not exactly a safe sell for Maztica either (no South Americans, few obviously Amnish people, dinos shouldn't necessarily be there), and if it's Hollow World, they've deliberately left out all the dead giveaways that are unique to that setting.

No joke that is literally what I ran to introduce a couple people to 5e.

Here is A Thousand Tiny Deaths if anyone wants to spend $3 on it to share

dmsguild.com/m/product/209228

Feats disproportionately benefit martials over casters, and fighter places the greatest portion of it's power in feats.
>ignore feats because someone thinks you're cheezy

Run Lost Mines up unto the Goblin Hideout.
Finish the session with a Bugbear TPK is pretty cool.

It's Forgotten Realms

The video explicitly stated its in Forgotten Realms. Chult is the only place with dinosaurs, and the video stated that they hint at upcoming adventures in their books. It's very apparently from VGM that its chult with the heavy emphasis on Yuan-ti and dinosaurs, along with PC Lizardfolk and Tabaxi.

What's he gonna do with those 7 ASIs, pump INT?

So, I could use some advice. This is my first d&d campaign and I'm playing a Old One Warlock. I'm going for the tome boon once I get there and I was hoping for some advice on how to use it well? The campaign isn't very optimized, but I want to be useful.
For flavor, he's a tiefling who is siphoning power from Tharizdun

>kill off characters
>pretty cool

how bout no

Suck your DM off so he keeps ritual scrolls appearing.

I've actually been meaning to ask, can Tomelocks and Ritual Casters copy a Wizard's spellbook?

Not that I'd let anyone touch my book I've spent 1,500gp putting spells into, but just curious.

That's actually not something I might need to do. My DM has never had a Warlock in game before so he didn't bat an eye when I suggested our base be in a major city's clerical/wizard school library.

They can copy your rituals, yes.

That honestly looks pretty sweet, not gonna lie.

OK, so if you were playing a fighter but you had access to a single druid cantrip, what would you pick?

>playing for almost a year
>found only 1 (one) spell to copy so far
>party constantly nags I don't have spell x or y
>constantly tell them to fuck off and learn to cast if they really want this spell
Sometimes I want to drop a couple Fireballs on their heads when they're low and dimension door away, never to be seen again

Too bad I don't have Fireball

What's the character's story/personality?

Shillelagh. Be a PAM Quarterstaff+Shield nature warrior.

The only real choices are Mold Earth, Control Flames, Guidance, or Resistance. Maybe Mending or Druidcraft if you're a weirdo.

Shit user I'm sorry.

I cannot sympathise. Within 3 sessions of joining the party who had already started I've found.

Scroll of Fireball, Scroll of Invisibility, Scroll of Puppet and a Staff of Charming.

I'm level 4 as well. Apparently the DM uses random tables to decide loot and I just got lucky.

Other items we found were a +1 Longsword that sheds sunlight, a Silver Estoc that's just a Greatsword dealing Piercing damage, a potion of invisibility, some Divine spell no one knows and 3 healing potions.

I feel like the DM's throwing too much loot but we are fighting some pretty tough fights and I'm the only optimised character. So I guess these are to make sure people don't die.

Goodberry! They're good for a snack! Throw them at traps or people you hate! Stock up on them and turn them into bombs or ammunition!

Newer player here, DM told me to use any UA I like and Hexblade Warlocks look fun as hell.

Anyone have any simple advice for building a decent Great-weapon Hexblade, stats, magic items(joining a near mid level campaign) or feats? I'd like to stay straight warlock if I can. Multi-classing seems complicated.

Except for the fact that the Ring of Winter has famously been associated with Chult, and Ubtao is a god of labyrinths and mazes.

Ubtao is a God of like 20 things and WotC's whipping boy.

>group of 5 players
>I'm the only martial
What should I play?

a different game

>Chult
IT'S TIME

Get out, you're going to get nuked and focused like crazy.

That depends. Tell us more about party composition.

A Sun Soul Monk.
You're a ranged character with the perfect kit to escape from whatever bad shit comes your party's way (Evasion, Deflect Arrows, maximum move speed) so when everyone else fucking DIES due to their refusal to play some non-caster, you'll be the one to escape unharmed and suggest a more balanced party where all the workload isn't shoved onto one guy's shoulders.

>What should I play?
EDK or AT, because fuck it, why not at this point?

Is the Critter Compendium any good?
Does anyone have it on PDF or can vow it is worth the $15?

youtube.com/watch?v=OY1TlxJORik#t=2m37
I have a sudden urge to run Curse of Strahd for my group after this campaign wraps up but replace the fortune teller lady with that asshole and reveal the party's actually in Bayou-via instead.

Wildmage, gunsmith artificer, ranger, and a ranged class that I can't remember

How many people would the the minimum for Yawning Portal?

Going to be starting a game next week with 3 players but I would like to get a fourth.

My party is comprised of
Paladin
Hexblade
Bard
Wizard
Battle master (myself)

How fucked are we?

>bard
>paladin
>wizard
not at all??

Not?

anything spelljammer, maybe something dark sun because official psionics.

It's clearly written for around 5 but you could easily tone down the encounters to make it suitable for 3.

I've never played 5e, is not having a skillmonkey and 3 melee gonna be rough?

Bards can be skill monkeys

bards and rogues are skill monkeys, but even then, in a 5 man team chances are skills will be diverse enough to function.

Plus you have two full casters, a half caster, and a warlock, you're fine.

Aight /5eg/, a few days ago I bravely stated that I believe the sorcerer is not as bad as everyone seems to meme. However, today I have another opinion that I'm not sure I understand: I think the warlock looks hella boring to play as almost no matter what from a mechanics perspective. Either be tome/chain and eldritch blast constantly or go hexblade. Hexblade seems ok but in my head arcane trickster, EK, paladin, valor bard, they all do that stuff better than hexblade.

I guess my main thing is that a warlock can cast like what, maybe 8 spells if it blows the slots and arcanums? I know you get the slots back on a short rest but it just seems like its so inflexible and limited I just don't see it.

I was thinking more about the skills and stuff outside of combat. The three players are; Tempest Cleric, some sort of Monk and some sort of archery Fighter all at Lv 1.

???

you have the strongest skill monkey in the game with lore bard

your party composition is very strong

Warlock is like the Champion Fighter of casters. You're mostly just doing one thing, over and over, and that's fine. You'll be good at it, but you aren't as complex as you could be.

First dungeon might be a bit annoying if none of you are ready for traps and locks, and one of you (probably the cleric) will have to not dump Charisma, but otherwise you'll be fine.

That's a level 1 spell.

Is it possible to make martials as interesting as casters?

>4e
yes, if people stopped sperging at every opportunity, so no. no it is not possible.

Warlocks are horrifically powerful if your DM lets you short-rest consistently. They also have the best cantrip in the game flat out and a suite of fantastic passives(that frankly should come at higher levels) But like you said, they are pretty basic btiches, there will be a lot of "downtime" where you are just going through the motions, you don't have the resources to play toolmaster with your spells like a Wizard can.

However Hexblade's nova is so good its fucking disgusting. 4d6+mod+lifedrinker cha-mod, plus 2d8 per spell level(that recharges on shortrests). They are the uber paladins of smiting with huge burst and some medium utility.

So where are these Chult spoilers coming from anyway? Gimme a source, 4chans.

No but that's the point

I'm doing up a chart of weapons qualities, so players can make their own weapon. So far I'm using a -1, +1 system for qualities and there's a couple things I want to know peoples thoughts on.

Two-Handed Reach Melee Finesse weapons that can't be Heavy, they'd deal 1d8 damage. Is that reasonable or too powerful? I was going to make Two-Handed not available to Finesse but I'm sure someone will want it.

Are having the following NA combinations allowed reasonable? Finesse can't be Heavy. Heavy requires Two-Handed. Light can't be Two-Handed. Versatile can't be Light or Two-Handed.

I'm thinking of only having Damage types factor into cost, with Bludgeoning being the cheapest and Piercing being the most expensive.

The damage progression goes 1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 1d10, 12 and then 2d6. I was thinking of adding 2d4 but that seems like a bitch to balance in the system.

Also anyone have ideas for how to put Versatile in? I can't make it -1 Die Size like most things because then it's just worse.

That would require casterfags to cede at least one smidgen of their power.

Not without casters losing their fucking minds.

Check the past threads. Notice how all the OP images are black people. WotC monitors /5eg/ and has been dropping these hints by memeing about sanic Tabaxis and black character art for some time now but we were too stupid to put it all together.

Oh sorry, I meant eldritch knight, not hexblade. How about then?

Don't forget some of the brainwashed martials, too.
>i'm just here for a simple class, i can't handle anything complex
>martials are supposed to be the boring role that's just good but not great in combat
>yeah we don't have any utility but that's the trade-off for getting TWO attacks
>it's always been this way
>if you want to have fun play another system
>not realistic
>uh it's magic it's SUPPOSED to be way better than mundane stuff

those last two points are the casterfags talking

PLAN NOTHING

ROLL RANDOM DICE IN FRONT OF PLAYERS THAT MEAN NOTHING

MAKE EVERYTHING UP ON THE FLY

BLATANTLY DISREGARD THE RULES

this is the only way to play.

So, I'm playing with the idea of rolling a Goblin Cleric/Paladin. However, we won't worship a god in the normal fashion. Near his childhood den, there was a large monster that lived in the area, that his mother always talked up, in boogyman fashion, to keep her little whelps from getting eaten. This eventually developed into my goblin viewing this beast in a worshipful way.

I know paladins and clerics in 5E get their powers from their faith, not their actual gods, but I'm still having issues justifying him having powers from a random owlbear or similar.

I guess that makes sense, and thing is that makes non bladelocks just seem like absolutely no fun to play. It's like your an archer but you don't even get to be legolas levels of cool.

I get that, is hexblade good just leveling to 20 as a warlock or is it something you should dip fighter for armor proficiencies and whatnot.

I guess my major disappointment is with the tome and chain, they really want to be casters but are just so held back by the slots it hurts. It's also sad cuz I think archfey and GOO warlocks have neato lore and a few UA patrons are ok.