Could your last character defeat Grimgor in a duel?

Could your last character defeat Grimgor in a duel?

>Level 12 Female Pure Human "Counterspam" Tao in Anima: Beyond Fantasy
More than likely. She's thrown down with the Shai Hulud(may his passing cleanse the world) and drove it off. Also slapped around the Nightmare Lord Malekith, the Prince of Crows when he dreamsnatched her sister away to the NOT!EyeOfTerrorTown.

Likely not.
Assuming he's the equivalent of at least a level 15-something character, she would have a 25% chance to OHKO him. If that fails, she's good as dead.

In a duel? No. In a "stab him in the spine when he's sleeping" fight? Probably.

>WFRP 2e Dwarf with a crossbow.

I mean if I hit him in the eye I suppose, maybe.

If it was a REAL Black Orc like Morglum Necksnapper I'd be in trouble.

He's been around whfb goblins AND shaven for extended periods of time. He'd be fine

Better question

>stab him in the spine when he's sleeping
>Kill an WHF Orc

You're funny

>Fighting to guy that ballbusted Anakin Chaoswalker and almost genocided the entire skaven race

No thanks!!

Nagash was weak tho.

Nagash is a fucking hack, literally who cares.
>Hurrdurrr i was da first necromancy ya know.

Literally who gives a shit, you autistic fuck, why is your master plan to kill off all life again?

Spotted the von Carstein

>level 12 anima tao
Hahaha oh wow. I pity the fool.

Describe it in detail, please

the last thing i did was a fate CYOA

so yes

If it wasn't for the fact that it's not my character, I'd have put forward either of the other players' characters.
>"I'm Fucking Invincible, Jack" the level 12 Human Nemesis Technician with Eternal Blood for maximum unkillable, and Unlimited Blade Works Ars Magnus for offense.
or
>"I even fail to kill myself" the Level 11 Devah Summoner, whose big thing is being able to summon - without needing to waste time in a ritual - The World Reversed.

One has tanked a punch from Gaira dragon and gloated about it. The other accidentally caused an incarnation of Behemoth to Fumble itself to death.

SOMEHOW we get shit done.

My last character was a joke character, a sorcerer with 5 con. Given optimal conditions I might be able to kite him but more likely is I get snapped in half like a twig.

Every one level in Anima is roughly equivalent to 2 in D&D. So level 10+ is "Epic/Obscenely stupid shenanigans ahead" territory. And Tao, the Monks of Anima, grow into absolute murderfuckers faster than most other classes, because Martial Arts are excellent and can be mixed and matched for maximum cheese(Muay Thai/Godhand/Tae Kwon Do "ONE PUUUUUNCH" cheese, Lama Tsu/Hanja/Selene Counterfiends).
They're only really outclassed by Technicians, who just spam Ki Not!Spells at things, rest for five minutes, and do it all over again.

Highly underrated

He's beaten the DM's setting equivalent of Grimgor, so I'd say yes, even though they don't perfectly match.

Half-elf Bladesinger with an Orc-slayer scimitar, nigh-untouchable AC, bolstered by Shield of Faith, Haste, and advantage on attack rolls.

Fought him in a 1v1 duel to prove he was 'arder than the 'ardest orc. It was a massacre.

>lvl 8 half orc warpriest

I'd go down, but i'd leave a scar to remember

Anima martials come in two settings:
I'm a machine of death and I'm a god of death.

Taos and Technicians come into the second, to go on, taos use 'special' weapons, martial arts which they can combo together taking the best of each and all the special effects they have.

So you can have someone at level 2-3 damaging on energy and doing -2 armor ignore because he can.

And very high level taos end up walking around with the equivalent of no penalty full plate, or hitting with their souls (level) as base damage plus their not!charisma (power) or dodging everything at no penalty or countering everything, or just eating your ki or breaking your weapons. Of course said weaponry (except the one which uses your soul as damage, which just does LUDICROUS damage, like, 130+ starting without the power bonus, with it tends to go at 145+) tend to be around 100+ damage at high level (Str x4 base)

Bad side: All their non-combat use comes from secondaries, but even then they can have pretty good secondaries still, if non-intellectual normally better than casters as they have a reason to have them and much, MUCH better than spell/psy/mentwizards.

Anima martials are D&D casters. Except instead of disabling or buffing they just straight up murder you (technicians are basically spellswords of sorts that enhance their physical power with of "spells"). Unless it's a critstack eyes of death needles use, which means he'll give you -500 all action penalty.

Then you have the 'dumb' class in weapon master, who if he goes for maximum health and makes himself magical armor (because making magical items is a creative skill) will proceed to become an undying golden god or get samiel (so when you damage him he can get back at you with bonus for you hitting him), extra undying if the wizard(Who can just be his familiar if he has good power and gets some regen feats) gives him +resistance, +health and +regen just so you can't even fucking kill him instead.

ver nice

If my guy can do Desert Treasure I can handle some smelly orc!

Also magic is equally absurd, but has less uses per day (anima works on months of downtime, not 8hs for wizards, hours/minutes/none for mentalists and weeks/days for learning ki and hours for ki points).

Also anima spells are equally absurd, a low level illusion spell is 'aoe' invisibility that doesn't break on attack and has a pretty fucking huge MR to see through.

Except he wiped a whole continent out at once, raised it back as undead, is unkillable in the long run and is currently a god of death

>300 points gurps gunslinger
I mean, maybe?
If I have time to get a few good shots in with the party's shared Anti-Material Rifle I probably have a chance.

I'm the DM.

He'd be skull fucked by 12 balors.

most probably, since he was an eldricht creature in disguise whose power could only be topped by the Creator and a different bigger, older, meanier eldricht creature.

>is currently a god of death

You mean THE god of death.
He ate all of his rivals and half of the old world mortal pantheon.

my last character was an M1A1 Abrams main battle tank if we count video games. that could do it.

You lot remember he is also Grimgor Incarnate of Beasts, is a better wizard than any players can make an any system? So to OP, nope, he'd kill the crap out of any player.

>He ate all of his rivals and half of the old world mortal pantheon.

I always liked this about Nagash's story, he hated the gods and thought they kept mortals weak to steal their power from them.

He didn't immediately ascend into godhood (even when everyone thought he would) and was pissed when he found out he became one in AoS.

>Critstack Eye's of Death Needle User
Hello new character build.
Like I'll ever find someone else to GM...

And as an aside, The Soul-Punch is good, but after doing the math, Muay Thai can win out over it.
Assuming a level 10 Tao who started with 7 and 11 in Dex and either Str or Pow, respectively, dumping the five stat points from leveling into their damage stat, and grabbing Superior Characteristic Augmentation(for the STR, guy) or grabbing a +4 POW item(for the Soul-puncher), The Muay Thai is going to be doing 210, while the Exelion will be at 135. In four levels, if the Muay Thai user grabs Seraphite(Base),Kung Fu(Supreme) Asakusen(Arcane), Dumah(Arcane), and Hakyoukuken(Arcane) for the +Final Damage bonuses, they'll be at 310, while the Exelion user will be at 175.
Then factor in the cheese of giving up Tae Kwon Do's extra attack to trigger Arcane Godhand's obscene +60 Attack and +100 Damage, for an obnoxious 410 damage before the dice even roll.

Counterpoint:
Do you get to SOULPUNCH people with muyameme? you fucking DON'T.

But yes, str taos are "fun". Pic related, taos in a nutshell.

You get a cookie if you know who the mentalist is.

Psy dude looks real familiar, but I can't quite place hiim.

And yeah, soul-punch is just plain cooler. Especially when it's a Warlock or Wizard who the enemy thinks will be easy pickings when they run low on Zeon, only to eat SOUL FIST!

theorically a drawing of the guy that basically genocided everyone in a spanish tourney to check for 'broken' things and promote anima like 12 or so years back, he's the reason why post core mentalism only gives half scaling post 10.

going full on with excelion is hard for a wizard, but now, taichi at least?

DnD 5 level 4 ranger with a hate-boner for abberations and a Shadowrun 5e Decker. short answer: No, long answer: Fuck noooo.

M1E Traveller techno babarian Chieftain: Could be possible, but would be an even match (albeit awesome). Hugeass low-tech (magical?) Mushroom Alien versus Ex-Marine babarian Chieftain in Battledress and boarding axe on a drug fueled rampage.

I would pay money to see that fight.

Or he would just delegate the job to the gunner and have everything be nuked from orbit, if spacecrafts count as equipment.

Depends on the rules of the duel.

Is magic allowed? If yes then how resistant to magic is grimgor?

Ahhh, that explains much.
No cookie for me, then.
Yeah, Tai Chi is solid.
Exelion is more "Warlock with Magic Projection as Offense/Defense" or WarSum turf.

>not wanting the world to be populated solely by immortal sexy vampires and their undead servants
Karl Franz pls go

Exelion is absurdly expensive imho, again my group insists in going full minmax with attack/defense.

Tai Chi is overall very solid even for full casters for the MK boost and it fits if they're the meditative type.

I dont think their is any reason in the world to stab someone in the spine instead of going for soft areas. On top of that, Grimgor is a top tier warhammer black orc warboss, which means his soft areas are actually dedd 'árd and likely covered in thick orc platmail that he no doubt sleeps in.

If Grimgor is only level Fifteen then Genghis Motherfucking Khan should be able to beat him, being a level 17 fighter

>Genghis motherfucking Khan
>Not Kroak level
Hahahaha

How do you make campaigns with level 10+ characters?

"Could your last character beat ______ in a duel?"
It was Exalted, so...yeah, probably.

We started at level one.

But honestly, you'd just be pitting the players against some of the bigger badasses in the setting. Gaul, Behemoth, Gaira and Ciel Dragons, Shai-Hulu- errr I mean Gurmah Garus, Higher Elementals, etc.
Around level 15, they draw the unwanted attention of the big 3: Imperium, Technocracy, and Illuminati, as well as getting in a fight with Lucifer Omega.

>Lucifer omega
you mean "Lucifer less pathetic than lord of the being fucking useless"?

No, I mean Lucifer "Whose bright idea was it to make a level 16 Technician that never fumbles and has a sustained Ki Tech that jumps his defense to 440?".

>Chaos magister
>Yuge ki pool
>Fucking ki regen outa the ass

He's a squishy fuck for a minmaxed char up there, but fuck he's still borked.

I dunno, he gets bare minimum four turns of ruining the party's shit thanks to that damage taken limit. And Innocentus Terminus is pretty nasty.

Push comes to shove, when my players reach those lofty levels, I can chuck a Jurgand agent or two at them.

Remember kid they come in groups of 4.

Don't worry, I've got like 8 of them. All named after different Old Ones, of course.

Who the hell would imply Ghengis Khan was any level fighter? What level fighter is Erwin Rommel?

Make a balanced one, ki, summoner,
wizard and mentalists.

Then make the buttrape one that's just 4 technicians.

Rank 3 Fianna Galliard/bar owner? probably.

Mutants and Masterminds PL10 Paragon based hero, with a limit break style thing that pushes him to PL 15 for a few turns, before becoming exhausted. Depends on how magical Gitsnik is, can it get through the impervious toughness. Or how quickly Grimgor can escape from being dropped from a great height

Forgot my pic

Level 2 human 5ed fighter fluffed as our paladin's 13 year old squire. What effect would really convincing puppy dog eyes have?

It's worse than that, the Buttrape team is two Shadows and two Technicians.

Hestor flew solo, as he was one of the "recruiters" that they send to coerce intelligent people into serving their cause.

>Not technicians with discounted subterfuge

Doesn't change much either way, my players have been ignoring my advice that the most important secondaries are notice and search, even though they nearly got schooled by a pair of Ahriman two levels below them.

Grimgor is da best. No one can beat him in a proppa fight.

>people in any game still don't pump perception/notice/find/etc...
WHy would you EVER do that?

>>lv 9 cleric of war in dnd 5e
>>have a retarded AC
>>owns a fucking magic-running fantasy tank with cannon, flamethrowers and shit
Well, I guess, Grimgor could be in trouble.

Admittedly, the WarSum relies on the two Sheele she has for that, but the Mentalist has zero fucking excuse.

>level 5 goblin pugilist from 5e
probably not, but the Napoleonic motherfucker would sure try.

Base of the skull more than spine.

In either case it depends if a 5e Asassinate autocrit would kill in one hit, because after that one attack it'd turn into a scooby doo chase scene of Dash>Bonus Action Dash away.