The Bydo Empire Vs 40k

>A rift in space and time opens
>A strange swarm of alien aberrations emerges and begins to consume everything in their path
>Several sectors quickly go dark
>Reports flood in to the Imperium about this new xeno threat
>The Bydo Empire has begun it's assault upon the galaxy

The Bydo Empire has come to ensure the destruction of all things in the 40k galaxy. What will happen to the galaxy as a result of the arrival of this new threat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qu-lDJ305Dg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bydo are like chaos, in that even thinking about Bydo can change you into Bydo. It'd be pretty shitty win or lose. Plus Bydo can't really be wiped out due to time travel.

Shmups always have the most bullshit lore power levels.

>A rift in space and time opens
>A strange swarm of Slavs in track suits emerges and begins to consume everything in their path
>Several sectors quickly go dark
>Reports flood in to the Imperium about this new xeno threat
>The Bydlo Empire has begun it's assault upon the galaxy

I first read that as "Bydlo Empire"

The Getter could do it.

Yeah but we're not fucking talking about your weeb mecha shit so no one cares

>Not talking about weeb mecha shit.
>The Bydo Empire
Pick one, fuckboy.

Is bydo Getter?

The Bydo can't really be wiped out even if you somehow circumvent their time travel bullshit. One ending in Final was literally gathering up every Bydo to have -ever- existed, and destroying them all in a single swoop, one by one. You only had one chance and if you failed all of humanity would die horrible screaming deaths, but if you succeeded the Bydo would be wiped out for good. Come Tactics, and they are back again and up to the same old tricks, except they are even stronger this time. Then you add in the Solar Envoy from Bitter Chocolate, and it becomes clear that the Bydo are literally impossible to destroy because of their nature.

Yeah but if we're going with Tactics, what was the shit scaring the Bydo so bad that they were fucking off from their home en masse?

>crossover autism

No. Bydo is not Getter.
However, Bydo is from a game developed by a japanese gaming company about a space plane fighting giant space monsters.
Ergo, by your logic is "weeb mecha shit."

Alright then fuck off with the Getter shit, you only needed to answer.

You fuck off.
You can't talk about weeb mecha shit, then tell someone to fuck off for talking about weeb mecha shit.

The Getter would totally be able to fuck up the Bydo. Because the Bydo are a bunch of fucking weak ass bitches.

Apparently the Other Civilization was committing what could only be called "Space Auschwitz", which caused the Bydo to do a complete 180 and fuck off to find someone else to plague. The only thing that terrified them more than this was the Solar Envoy.

>The Getter would totally be able to fuck up the Bydo. Because the Bydo are a bunch of fucking weak ass bitches.
>Beings capable of infesting light, thought, empty space, the space-time continuum itself, entire timelines, have the ability to time travel to any point they so wish, can create whole universes made entirely out of Bydo, have an infinite number of forces to through at the opposition, have so many "mastermind" level units that no one even knows which is the TRUE mastermind behind everything, and they have the Solar fucking Envoy
>Weak, or even capable of defeated by generic shonen anime monsters

You are a very funny individual user.

You can't become one just by thinking about one, but much like chaos, just being near them can corrupt you physically and mentally.

I've just spent an hour reading the R-Type wiki and there's some spoopy shit in there.
>The human fleet doesn't realize they've been infected until the other humans start attacking them
that subtle body hotel does it for me mang

*subtle body horror, fuck

You have just reminded me of the tragic fate of the R-13. Rest in peace Old Forest Watchdog, rest in peace.

>has been playing HoMM3 for 16 years

BASED

Dude, I have totally been doing that. Am still.

A pirated version.

Effectively the bydo would rape everything short of the gods in 40K. To fight them requires utter bullshit level technology. They are to the tyranids as the tyranids is to the galaxy.

The Necrons might have a chance if they bring out their big guns.

Maybe. How powerful the full necron armies are is pretty vague and given how the Bydo function all it would take is them being surprised once and then the bydo could likely use their technology themselves.

They're not all bad.

What even is this game? It sounds interesting.

Bydo repeatedly get smacked the fuck around by a single space fighter.
EVERY race in 40k has millions of space fighters.
Bydo are fucked.
Nonsensical sequel-driven lore about their ability to reappear again and again after their defeat doesn't negate their always already inevitable demise at the hands of a spaceship that shoots lasers and blows up when anything touches it.
Bydo are cool, but not special--they are biomechanical space monsters just like those in Gradius and Darius, and hyperbolic lore doesn't change that.

>Darius
Show me a space fighter in 40k that can do this
youtube.com/watch?v=qu-lDJ305Dg

Have you actually red anything about Getter

Because Ishikawa's shit is not particularly "Generic Shonen"

And those are the good guys

I understood it more to be that seeing that examination/vivisection place didn't scare the commander's residual sanity as much as make it realize that the whole Bydo fleet had been going the complete wrong way.

They left with all haste because they just slaughtered through a world's defenders for nothing and it's going to take so long to get back and dammit Charles, you said you can read space-maps.

R-Type is really the exception—it's the shmup series where you are explicitly part of a huge armada. This is why R-Type Final has a gazillion ships and why R-Type Command and its sequel work the way they do.

Sometimes I think about how to import some of these things into tabletop roleplaying, because I want to create a system where you can play characters with smart bombs, homing missiles, R-Type Force-like things, Darius beam duels, Gradius options, and so on.

Can't even begin to come up with a way to make it work, though.

same

>Bydo repeatedly get smacked the fuck around by a single space fighter.

That "single space fighter" is capable of firing full blown petaton level shots, and is capable of annihilating full blown planets with a fully charged Wave Beam. also it is only a single member of an entire armadas worth of ships with similar, if not superior firepower. And they are still only barely holding back the Bydo. The running theory about the Bydo is that it has transcended physical reality, and has become Evil itself. Everything the R-fighters do in game is just disturbing it enough for it leave a small pocket around the Earth for a time.