What are examples of a perfect BBEG?

What are examples of a perfect BBEG?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=COZPAa817xY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No
No thick memes
Fuck you

Also, Emperor Palpatine was pretty much on top of everything until he understimated Vader's attachment to a son he never knew.

You've posted the answer to your question.

One that believes/knows he's the good guy, and in any other circumstance would have been a good friend.

both of them

>BBEG

Ugh.

You will never be as NAUGHTY as this guy.

>BBEG

kys

Reminder that Lord Zedd was too evil and had to be toned down.

Palpy, Morgoth, and Aku are pretty great.

easily

>BBEG

Ugh.

>BBEG
Unf, yes

But as to the question... What are you aiming for in 'perfection' for your BBEG?

Ability to be hated? Handsome Jack.

Effectiveness? David Xanatos, from Gargoyles, even if he skimps on the Evil.

Kane, from Command & Conquer, does well.

Fullmetal Alchemist (the manga and second series) had Father.

But this all raises a point: What are the metrics by which you measure BBEG-hood?

what is this from?

Half of what you listed aren't BBEG's.
You dumb or something?

I'll tell you in twenty minutes.

>The Messiah
>the bad guy

I once ran a game where the BBEG was a wizard at the top of a tower. The entire game was the players advancing up the tower level-by-level. And the wizard was just straight up Gruntilda from Banjo Kazooie. Hard as hell to come up with rhymes, I had to write them down ahead of time and hope I didn't burn through them too quickly. But every so often when the the players were working through a puzzle or a combat encounter, he'd pipe in and give them some rhyming shit about their situation.

Also, every level was based on a map from a video game, but that got old fast. Never finished the game, but what I'm saying is, Gruntilda is the best BBEG.

Never has a villain been so defeated.

It was legitimately a fucking tragedy.

You absolute bastard. You do realize you either need to wait and post it then or do it RIGHT NOW right?
So defeated that the pic is of the guy and his killer

>Sociopathic bastard who effectively ruled a large share of a planet, nearly accomplishing his goals, and murdered who-knows-how-many on the way

>Amoral CEO acting against the law and moral propriety, deliberately attempting to purge potentially-hostile forces when he can't exploit them for his own benefit - only assisting the heroes when they saved him (Evil Overlord Rule 68)

>Man who created a cult propogating a murderous substance and ruining a world's biosphere for his form of 'a lift'

>Killed off a country, and tried to do so again, in the name of power and immortality

I'm not stupid; I'm just not blinded by their charisma. Or would you actually answer the questions I posed, and offer the requirements for BBEG-hood?

Do you really not know what a BBEG is?
It's not just any villain, moron.

b-but all of those were the main bad guys in their respective storylines?
>cant tell if trolling or not
>if not, explain which ones aren't evil and why not

Did you ever hear of the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?

trash

Perfect.

Hi Shas, I read all of your campaigns on 1d4 in one sitting once. My legs got numb.

You know what? Tell me what you mean by "BBEG" oh yes and then I'll debate it.

But if you can't do that... go sit in the corner.

Literally all of those are the main final antagonist of their stories, dipshit

But "main bad guy" isn't what a BBEG is. "Final Bad Guy" is a better definition.

Palpatine, not Darth Vader.

>Nox
>Trash

You didn't watch Gargoyles?

The Master, from Fallout, could qualify.

>Vile means
>Endgame monster
>Leads the organized part of the evils you face

Played against a lich who was the BBEG. Guy had untold legions of undead pillaging the land, evil lieutenants that ran the gaunt from pathetic weasels that got almost forced into their situations simply to survive the onslaught to truly despicable sons of bitches who we gladly murderhobo'd, whole 9 yards.

Finally get to the last lieutenant, its the lich's great grandson. he fell to our blades and spells after a hard won fight, but revealed the lich's plans in the end.

The lich was innocent, in acutality an Archlich by 3.5 standards. Due to a fuckup with a ritual, his wisdom score got wiped, basically making him insane as a toad. His passion was re-animating bodies so he could chat with them and learn from history. After the fuckup, he continued raising the dead, but could no longer tell who was who, or would forget what he was doing, and would regularly forget to lay them back to rest.

The great grandson had vampirism forced upon him by his father, a bastard who had seen his chance at glory and took it, killing tens of thousands of innocents. The tendencies of vampirism making someone evil led to the g-grandson killing his father, but was unable to make enough of an effort of will to make a true difference in the scheme of things.

We had to mercy kill a good lich who just wanted to talk to cool dead guys, but in the end, all he could do was ask why we were doing this to him.

we are currently on a quest to find his phylactery and cleanse his madness now that his hordes are defeated.

That's Nox, from Wakfu. Close enough to 20 minutes, I hope

>perfect is not perfect

>bl2, jack was the final boss you kill after the warrior without dlc's
>gargoyles i honestly dont know who else could be the final boss to that, its like lex luthor to superman
>CaC he might as well be the bbeg, again. no one else was as much of a bastard
>fma, literally the last badguy killed yet again
>tl;dr your personal headcannon is lacking and your definition is stupid.

You never will.

To be more specific, his full name is Noximilien Coxen; he's trying to go back in time and save the lives of his family, and undo his own sins - but the power source he uses is life-force. So he's trying to kill all life on the planet for personal reasons.

>without dlc's
>gargoyles i honestly dont know but he's not
>>CaC he might as well be the bbeg but he isn't
>fma, literally the last badguy killed yet again but technically just a minion of a greater force of evil

Only the last one is close.

Yeeees

>You're a fucking nutter m80, have fun living with a fundamental flaw in your perception and understanding of all storylines for any game, movie, tv show or book for the rest of your life.

>I made a mistake and got called out, now I have to try and save face.

It's not your fault. Lots of people make the same mistake you did.

You're going to do my dirty work, kill my rivals, and ensure I become an evil overlord. Afterwards, I'm going to force any prospective ally that isn't exactly you to face my greatest min-er, champion, just for the honor of being allowed to use a resource acquired from a planet they technically own, with my 'champion' still chasing after them to ensure they properly crush my enemies.

Outside of that, none of you are worth my time or energy.

Dude, Jack's one of the best assholes going.
The whole game, he rides his high fucking horse about how he's the goddamned hero, and you are just some bandit Vault Hunter trash that he needs to wipe out. And when you unknowingly further his plans, he laughs, and laughs, and laughs right in your fucking ear as the mortars fall on your hub city.
But he stops fucking laughing when you kill his daughter at her request
Then he switches to "Fuck your shit" mode, offs your mentor character right in front of you, and later mimics his voice to taunt you even further.
The final fight against him, while not the hardest in the game, is peppered with him losing it and ranting about how he's going to kill you and then wipe every "bandit" off the fucking planet, as well as vicious taunts.
He even goes out giving you shit.

He's one of the few villains I've LOVED to hate.

No, as a general rule of thumb, the BBEG is considered the main bad guy of a series.
Just because a character has either a lot of screen time (darth vader to use your previously posted example) or a small amount of screen time (palpatine) nor even the time of their screen time does not necessarily determine their ranking as being a BBEG.
Everyone KNEW the emperor was the bbeg because it was said as much, even though vader was there after emps was dead and had a fuckton more screentime than emps. everyone knows handsome jack was the bbeg because everyone knows dlc storylines are considered secondary unless they serve to directly continue the story of the main story line (think broken steel compared to mothership zeta in fallout 3. broken steel and therefore the main storyline's main bbeg is technically the enclave as a whole, not the enemy mothership who was, chronologically by release date, the "final" boss of fallout 3). for tv shows and books and comics, the main villain is the one most mentioned as being the worst thing.
Supernatural: Lucifer is the bbeg. he is gonna end up coming back. the darkness was more powerful, but was befriended, luthor is the BBEG of superman as he is the only one who has the devotion to continually fuck with superman, the dark one is the bbeg to the dragon reborn, etc etc etc.

All of the previously posted are bbegs. This is obvious to people who can grasp a storyline as a whole, not just from literal timing of things. It's not your fault you can't understand a story. you just have to deal with it.

You're wrong on so many counts, largely because you seem to assume a lot.

>luthor is the BBEG of superman as he is the only one who has the devotion to continually fuck with superman,

Do you honestly not know what a BBEG is? You seem to like using the acronym, but it's clear you're just hoping to expand it to mean "villain" in a more generic fashion.

Superman is a series without a BBEG. He has an archnemesis, but that's not what s BBEG is. An archnemesis can be a BBEG, but in the case of superman, Luthor is actually low on the pecking order, and ultimately Superman doesn't have a BBEG.

If you want to talk villains, go ahead, but OP specifically asked for BBEGs.

>We had to mercy kill a good lich who just wanted to talk to cool dead guys
Unless it was circumvented by r0, that Lich still had do something unforgivable to earn his undeath.

Jack was trash tier meta villain

HURR DURR IM A HERO YOUR VILLAINS WE'RE IN A STORY YOU CANT BEAT ME

He even straight up *teleports behind you* Nothin' personnel kid on Roland

What the fuck is a BBEG then? I thought it was supposed to be the biggest baddest evil guy who's the climactic or final fight of a campaign?

I can get Superman series not having a BBEG, evil prime mover (if that's part of what a BBEG is), there's no thing like that.

>hating Darkseid

>thinking Darkseid is a bbeg

Well.....Darkseid...is

>implying Jack is the bad guy
In bl2 Jack wasn't completely wrong, and after playing the pre-sequal, his actions, bar what he did with his daughter, are completely justified.

so, out of all my points, the only one you even semi-accurately refute is the one that has literally been around the longest and therefore has the vaguest (althought not by much) sense of a bbeg in his storylines due almost completely to the fact that he has had so many enemies that he has faced, although you ignore the fact that his arch nemesis has earned said place because he has the staying power to be the the bbeg of more plots than any other (mind i am not talking about the dc universe as a whole, but rather more specifically superman's corner of said universe).
You are arguing yourself into a corner here bud. Your argument literally boils down to "it isn't, because it isn't" without actually giving any reference as to why.

Barring EVERYTHING stated already, the BBEG is the guy the story needs to be the BBEG. Lex to Supes, Jokes to Bat, Manta to Aqua, Lucifer to Sam and Dean, Emps to Luke, X to Y. X is always the BBEG at the end of the day. All arch nemeses are the BBEG even if a a given arc doesn't revolve around them, because at the end of the day, they are still going to be there until they are dead, and most of the time in pop culture, even that doesn't stop them. Their powerlevels don't matter. The character does.

That totally works for jack BECAUSE he is supposed to be an edgy fuck.also, i left details crucial to that plot point out, my bad. He ended up, in his insanity, literally creating a rift to the realm of the dead that he was directly powering. to close it meant having to kill him.

goddamn, is this pic fucking hospital?

Dude, if you just don't know what a BBEG is, don't go crazy like this. You might be just better off sticking to talking about villains since you seem to really just equate "antagonist" with "BBEG".

>the BBEG is the guy the story needs to be the BBEG

That's not how it works. Not every story has a BBEG, not every villain is a BBEG or the BBEG, and just because a story has a conflict with a person responsible for it doesn't make that person a BBEG.

He was an ok at best Megatron, but then the time travel stuff kicked in.

i am physically wounded user

No, its a person who loves episode 1 of the desert trilogy the most.

I wish i had a reaction folder for you buddy. You need more words than I can write for you. I can't do a thousand words a post without a pic due to post limits. If you think a rational explanation of something is going crazy, you obviously don't understand how to hold a discussion in public without nitpicking HOW a person says something instead of offering a reasonable refutation of their comments.
I do have to admit, you are a master of saying literally nothing new other than (paraphrasing here)
>nuh-uh, thats not right
I mean, you can't even put "because" at the end of that. "because" would help me understand why you seem to think antagonists, BBEGS, villains and nemeses aren't synonymous with each other, and therefore mutually interchangeable.

Grace us, oh master-baiter, with an exhaustive explanation of what, pray-tell, a BBEG is to one such as yourself. And I mean "is" in the exact sense of the word.

i do not understand your reference of desert trilogy. all i am getting for sauce is a french movie series.

great pasta

w-what? why do you think i pasta'd that. i just spent real time writing that.

>"because" would help me understand why you seem to think antagonists, BBEGS, villains and nemeses aren't synonymous with each other, and therefore mutually interchangeable.

It's funny, because there was another argument in another one of these BBEG threads where the BBEG guys were going insane because they claimed that BBEG had an important function because it was precisely not interchangeable with villain.

It's good that there's your post to link back to when they call for examples of people not agreeing with their definition.

You asked for it, but really the first image wasn't too important to my post, its just Lilith acts like a fucking jew.

I-I don't understand whats going on anymore. I can't tell if you are the troll or actually trying to help. If you are the troll, props, you beat me through sheer stupidity. If not, thank you for agreeing with me.

OH FUCK i'm an idiot tonight. my bad.

Those arguments are mostly just about the term being confusing because not everyone shares the same definition and it doesn't have an inherent one.
It's one of the many reasons people have a problem with the phrase.

clearly. half this thread is an argument about that at this point. the other half is whether jack was a good character or not.
>in unrelated news, these captchas are fucking my shit over. for what ever reason, i have graduated from the standard two per post to four without errors.

No problemo amigo

It's all listed in that copy pasta.

People have been complaining about "Big Bad Evil Guy" for years. The early complaints seemed to be mostly about the concept itself, with many people disagreeing that a plot needed a character as a central antagonist.

Now, it seems that some of the complaints are about the language. "Big Bad Evil Guy" was coined to sound corny, and is more of an in-joke than a designation like "Central Antagonist." It's also grown to be somewhat vague, with some people using it as the central antagonist, others using it as the final antagonist, and still others using it as simply any antagonist, which can get confusing when trying to communicate about one of these specific ideas.

As far as the shitstorm, I think that comes in part because it takes very little effort to say "BBEG sounds dumb", which is enough to trigger some people who use that phrase. These people then go to say things like "you need to respect this acronym, it's Veeky Forums's acronym, every true fa/tg/uy uses BBEG exclusively," and that gets even people who had no real interest in the matter upset, because it starts to sound like there's people who are actually actively trying to push BBEG.

BBEG is a meme, and like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life. The old joke has faded, and now it seems like people are just finding it weird for people to be so fervent in holding onto it.

2 hours and some odd minutes to realize that we just acted out the board equivalent of "see no evil hear no evil"
I'm going to bed user. thank you for helping me see the light at the end of the tunnel regardless of if you are the troll or not.

>BBEG is a meme, and like most memes it doesn't have much of a shelf life.
I guess. I'm still waiting for the "'BBEG' is badwrongfun" meme to die so everybody can go back to using it as normal without some retard popping into every fucking thread to shitpost about it.

Too bad they went and trashed the franchise before we found out how the Scrin knew about him and who and more importantly, what, he really was.

But if he succeeded, wouldn't that be completely irrelevant, since he went back to a time before he killed everything?

It's more likely to accelerate. Truth has stamina, and regardless of how people try to argue about it, it's impossible to deny that "big bad evil guy" sounds dopey.
As long as that remains the central thesis of the "BBEG is bad" business, it will never really go away.

Oh, my sweet summer child. Yes, that's what he thought as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=COZPAa817xY

Ahh, the child of Bhaal has awoken. It is time for more... Experiments

Oh yes, it would have been,

Except for the fact that draining the greatest source of life-force in the world, a massive magic tree, and by extension killing an entire race, was only enough to turn back time 20 minutes
Just enough to go back right before he drained the tree

Just came here to post my disgust that Irenicus wasn't mentioned sooner.

>this much autism