/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-april-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/a-purr-fect-start-for-monarchies-of-mau-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Have you ever made new organisations in your game? (Any Sects,tribes,Covenants etc...)
>5th editons cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/676949-collected-second-edition-open-development-blogs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Durrrrrr, i linked the wrong thread.

I wasn't disagreeing in case that was clear. I'm just pointing out people don't believe things for no reason. They have a reason, even if its twisted and wrong.

I made an Australian Hunter group about dealing with the country's endemic Spirit problem.

Does it also involve policing abbos for their rampant child rape?

So when are we going to get Changeling the Lost 2e?

Never, everything good Hill did is probably tossed putting the book in development hell forever.

Are you fucking kidding me? What happened?

Before Hill quit they had other developers working on the same parts and didn't tell him because OPP is a mess. They then insisted the book wasn't done to basically gyp Hill out of some money during his departure.

...That doesn't make sense. So what parts was he writing? Who was working on those parts too?

I've heard Hill had submitted a completed manuscript. Whoever the head dev now was working on it. Rose maybe? At any rate I heard she liked the awful sections even Hill didn't (like pledges). And no, it doesn't make any sense. OPP is not managed well and never has been. Why the fuck do you think it takes so long for books to come out and more than 4 years to fulfill kickstarters?

Now I really wanna see that manuscript...

For what its worth the 2e playtest material and its various drafts as well as the submitted chapters for char gen, contracts, and stuff like that are collected here. Its enough to actually play, but who knows what will survive what equates to what appears to be a Beast-tier or worse rewrite.
forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/changeling-the-lost/676949-collected-second-edition-open-development-blogs

>Implying Abbos aren't a unique type of Petrol spirit host.

Oh god Beast was a disaster.

Milo admitted that being raped as a child made him gay, and then boasted it should happen more often.

How's the quality of the physical copy of the Mage the Awakening 2e book?

Is it one of those hardcovers that starts to fall apart under it's own page count?

So I'm reading the Mage 2e core book now and I'm trying to get a handle on how social interaction with Mages unfold.

I'm guessing it's a lot like an episode of Sherlock where the sight gives them so much insight it seems like omniscience.

What would Sherlock's stats be? Moriarty's?

What's the best way to play a Constantine type Hunter the Vigil?

Also, what is the best endowment? Has the most powerful options/most versatile?

I mean... you just talk to the other person. Just because you CAN do everything with magic doesn't mean you SHOULD.

I want my kid to be a doctor
>baww why won't society recognize the scourge of doctor-ism?

An ex Malleus Maleficarum who turned into a jaded maverick

"This one guy with clear right leanings said this and here's one random isolated incident regarding a transgender person, so clearly this proves that homosexuality is an epidemic on society and that my statistical claims I pulled out of my ass are 100% accurate."

Just return to your containment board user.

It becomes significant because the left speaks with wide strokes and says it 'never' happens. Which makes their entire platform wrong on a fundamental level.

Unfortunate for those same sex parents that they can't turn their child into a doctor by molesting him repeatedly.

Nobody cares about geist

What is the smitiest power? I really want to burn folks with God's light.

We weren't talking about "the left", we were talking about the claims you made in your post. But this is going nowhere and just derailing the thread, so I'm just gonna move on.

Their loss. It's one of the most interesting CofD gamelines if you ask me.

>one guy
>isolated

The spokesperson for modern gay youth explaining how he was raped into existence by a paedo and you're pushing aside a rape victim because it doesn't fit your narrative.

No body cares. Bringing it up here won't make anyone care more.

Speaking of the underworld. Are there ghosts of animals? I'm thinking of an arc where my characters find the proverbial farm in the country where the ghosts of dead pets migrate to.

Please disregard the link/quote at the end, acciendentally taped it while going capcha

>it's a 'GM sends a fucking mob of people that have 9's in guns against my mortal hunter character that doesn't have any form of fucking ranged defense and I take 11 damage in one shot' episode

I'm sure this is because a fucking dumb nigger decided they just HAD to fucking play a cocksucking, inbred, faggoty ass bitch boy vampire in our hunter group and they only way the dumbass GM can even pretend there's a challenge for him is by having bigger guns and bigger dice pools, while my original 'tough guy' character just spends more time in the fucking ER than in the fucking field now.

FUCK vampires, fuck vampire players, and fuck defense only working in melee baseline. Goddamn right, I'm not just mad, I'm furious that what was once investigation and research has turned into 'how many ways can I suck the vamp player's dick'?

Kill the parasite user

What this guy said, the GM is testing you

Kill the lick

I'm not even this mad usually, is what pisses me off worse. I normally just roll with the punches, but this felt like the straw that broke the Goddamn camel's back. It's like, why do I even bother attempting to do roleplay as a tough guy when the vamp does literally EVERYTHING i want to do better? I could reroll as a fucking faggot that just hangs out at the library and tells them what they're weak to, I guess, but that's not what I signed up for or wanted to play in the first place. I wanted to play Coach from Left 4 Dead and hit werewolves and zombies with a machete while making the occasional smart comment when we research and find out weaknesses and shit. I don't think that's too Goddamn much to ask, ya know?

Well first of all Hunters and Vampires working together is dumb.
Second of all there are better ways for the enemy to go anti-vampire without being overpowered and your storyteller is an asshole.
Keep them at average skill and give them dragonfire rounds, throw enemies who are not only supernatural but hate vampires, giving the enemies bigger guns because one player resists gunfire is retarded.

Fuck that, you need to go full Tremere, steal the gift, cut out a competitor and take the reigns for yourself.

How's your Occult?

5. But 1 int because I wanted to play the guy that is dumb usually, but then occasionally shits out pure gold on weaknesses.

If you ever have a "vampire problem" in any of your chronicles, throw in a Obrimos or Moros Adamantine Arrow mage adept who likes to hunt or "study" the undead. The vampires will not at all be happy for the remainder of their very short and painful unlives, but it's oh so cathartic.

Never tolerate uppity vampires with delusions of grandeur.

>Kindred are only good for kindling.

I'm working on some homebrew and have a question here about language. Namely if certain names are already taken.
Does any splat/entity have powers that are called 'Assumptions'?
Is there already a splat/group of entities called Saints?

Is WoD or CofD better for adapting Bloodborne to pnp?
I was thinking of trying to do it myself because I've only seen discussions on it and no actual results. Obviously the mechanics aren't a major thing, I was just going to adapt the lore behind Bloodborne into WoD or CofD fluff and it's more about setting theme and roleplay than mechanics.
Theme is similar to Beast and Vampire I suppose, personal horror, Human Hunters who infuse their body with Monstrous/Eldritch Blood in order to better fight the monsters of the night.
Mechanics wise I was thinking Beasthood as a supernatural advantage stat like Blood Potency or Lair etc, and Insight being something like an inverse morality where Lower Insight is safer and more human, but higher Insight grants certain advantages that leave you prone to suffering an Frenzy Aneurysm that deals a certain amount of Aggravated damage based on your Insight and what caused the Frenzy Aneurysm.
Any thoughts and if I actually went to the effort to make this like some people did with Genius and Princess would there be interest or should I just keep it to my group?

Punch him. Square in the face.

It was close to becoming that. After that nigger shit, I said I had to take a call. I left the room, took a moment to cool down, then told him something came up and I left early. Looking back on my post I realize I was mad and still am angry as hell, but at least leaving gave me a chance to not break a glass over his retard skull.

Wait. Was this nWod or oWoD >

nu-WoD

Could have been worse.

Imagine if it was a mage instead of a vampire?

Your Cell is infected.
Time to burn away the dead tissue.

In terms of white-room combat which splats are best?

I'm talking about quick and gritty combat here.

Bonus: which is best at 'buffing' teammates when things get hectic?

Can we disqualify Mages?

Sure

Demons.
Nothing compares to a Demon that's willing to spend a Burner.

Well after yesterdays thread talk I'm working on conspiracy-cult-megacorp for my vampire/werewolf game. Right now trying to compile various light/fire based powers(ndowments, numina, supernatural merits) that could be handed out to cult members, corporate soldiers.

1. Prepared Mage
2. Loud Demon
3. Fresh Mummy
4. Boneyard Sin-Eater

Mage wins for buffing as well.
They're hands down the best support in WoD

Well that is true for your average guardian or destroyer but demon that didn't know how to fight before won't be much of a fighter even after going loud. Thou he will still have a lot of ways to fuck with people and get away

>In terms of white-room combat which splats are best?
mage

>I'm talking about quick and gritty combat here.
still mage

>Bonus: which is best at 'buffing' teammates when things get hectic?
mage again

Anyone have any advice for running 1 on 1 campagins?
I recently moved to Yurop from America with my gf, and while I've got a few local friends, none are the type that'd be into this shit. Further, my understanding of the language isn't good enough to simply go to our LGS and join a group. I was thinking of just running V20 with just her, but it seems to me like it'd be an awkward experience. Anyone done something like this before?

Any advice on playing Doctor characters when you have no medical training?

Playing a fresh vamp, start of the campaign is gonna be the start of his immortal life. Also any tips for some good lines for me to use would be nice. Thinking of having him refer his sire to a psychologist.

Char is a nerd who runs his local book club out of his struggling pharmacy.

Hmm I sometimes run 1-on-1 with my players when I want to present events that rest of the group shouldn't know about. No experience thou with running whole game like that.

I recon you guys have experience in rpg prior to v20?

Yeah I've done that as well - I've run shadowrun in my day, you have a 1v1 section at least once per fucking run - but it's running a whole game that just seems weird to me. Yeah, we've both got experience playing V20 - she's got experience running it specifically, but I'm fairly confident I can run WoD after Shadowrun.

I don't think you should be worried too much. Session or two will probably be awkward but IMHO running for one person that you know well is probably more comfortable then normal game group

What do you mean by 'doctor'?

Should have been a bit more specific. Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences. Not sure if that gives you the MD part, but you certainly get the "Doctor" prefix.

IMHO I would read a bit about drugs that can come up in game and some basic chemistry just to be comfortable with stuff your character knows. If you are really into that you can make some notes.

No one will require of you superspecific knowledge during the game.

Good advice, thanks. Don't suppose you have any good lines for me to steal?

Well from a game mechanics perspective Supernatural splats don't have much need for real world medicine. It's more of convenience than a necessity.

As for real world 'medicine' I'm nearly a M2 (which is a polite way to say useless). So trust me on this, accurate basic and clinical science will be boring to most people outside of the profession. It's a game don't stress the 'boring' stuff.

No idea. Sorry mate.

Thou you can always watch some House, stare down werewolf and tell him
>It's not lupus

Good to hear, sort of. Any good doctor jokes I could fit in?

If the GM has us wake up away from our sires I was thinking of having him misdiagnose himself. Would be a bit odd, but still.

Will have to try that. Maybe stare down another vampire instead.

Probably should have requested this earlier with my original question. Anyone got good 30-something modern character art? Maybe with some early graying hair.

If it's vampire you need to offer him something for blood pressure or sunburn

I'd imagine that any doctor - or any scientifically-minded individual - would probably be most interest in finding out the causes of vampirism. I think he'd treat most of the "lore" of V:tM as sort of a joke, and believe that there HAS to be some kind of explanation for what he's seeing that doesn't rely on the literal reading of the Caine story from the Bible.

One that I'm partial to is

"What's the difference between a VA nurse and a bullet?"

A bullet can draw blood, will only kill one person, and can be fired.

I'm in med school. I stopped caring about how and why after the first exam. Now I'm just trying to survive.

>med school turns you into a vampire

This might be true in terms of worldview

You know, I had written that I could also see it going the other way - faced with the supernatural, they could also just throw their hands up and accept what they're faced with, but I didn't feel like typing all of it.

How can you tell who's an oncologist at a funeral?
He's doing chest compressions.

An oncologist is busy digging up a grave one night trying to hang another bag of chemo. He finally get's to the coffin and prys it open with a crowbar only to see a note that reads "gone for dialysis."

What's the difference between an anesthesiologist and a urologist?
During surgery a urologist plays with someone else's dick.

What's the difference between god and a surgeon?
God doesn't think he's a surgeon.

What's the most common obstetrical procedure?
Severe left ureter.
What's the second most common?
Severe right ureter

So I'm trying to design a Sabbat controlled city for a VtM game, and I want the city to be led by a council of Bishops instead of a single Archbishop.

The only problem is I'm having trouble deciding what it is each of these Bishops are exactly in charge of. I already have one of them who is essentially a 'Spiritual Leader' who makes sure the Pack Priests are doing their job, but I don't know what other special responsibilities the other Bishops should have. Anyone have any suggestions?

Think of cabinet positions - secretary of defense and of state, for example. One of the bishops could be in charge of "military planning," or violent anti-Camarilla activity, one could be in charge of relations with other Sabbat either in other cities or reporting back to Mexico City, another could just be a Nosferatu who's in charge of intelligence (other bishops resent this guy, claiming he's just strong-armed his way onto the council by way of being a Nosferatu himself); 5th could be a tiebreaker/figurehead sort like the president in a parliamentary system. You could also add a sort of propagandist, or someone who'd be in charge of nonviolent anti-Camarilla activity, or you could tie that into the Nossie's position.

The idea of an Intelligence/Spymaster figure does sound like it could make for a fun character and I guess it would make perfect sense for one of the Bishops to be a General/Secretary of Defense figure.

Thanks for the input!

Anyone have any nice Acamoth/Gulmoth ideas they've used before?

I've been thinking of an Acamoth that feeds off the concept of enjoying fear. So basically it infects the Astral realms of horror-related media products, and tries to reach down into the Oneiros of Sleepers who view it and taint them.

Or would that work better as a Gulmoth?
I just don't like the thought of simply being able to blast and destroy all of the physical representations of the Abyssal influence to destroy it.

Instead, to defeat it you've ultimately got to wade into a fairly nasty section of the Astral, which is made even nastier as it's probably tainted that part pretty thoroughly into an Abyssal hellscape.

Do people here mostly prefer old or new WoD?
After a quick look at some nWoD stuff I'm not sure if I'm liking what I'm seeing

In all the groups I'm part of, I see more love of oWoD in everything except Mage, where nWoD is preferred. This general seems to love talking about oWoD Mage though.

>Never, everything good Hill did is probably tossed putting the book in development hell forever.

>David Hill
>Anything good.

Oh user, you so silly.

So everyone just likes oWoD better, then?

I'm an oWoDfag and have been one for years. I think this general is mostly interested in nWoD though, or at least it was for a long period of time - I've only gotten back here since V5/noWoD shit got announced.

If you want to use magic in Hunter, check out the gifted merit in the book Witch Finders. Lets you use the same kind of magic the witch enemies use, granted yours can hurt you if you cast stronger spells.

Best endowment? That's a toss up. Benedictions get you some powerful stuff, but so do say Advanced Armory weapons. I haven't played with all the compacts so no clue how to help you there.

Is Dark Alliance: Vancouver any good?

The new kith powers for far more flavorful and actually did things, more so than any kith 1e could hope for.

The general tends to favor nwod. There are some graybeards who're still into cwod.

oWoD all the way, especially Mage. Awakening just feels so bland compared to Ascension.

I definitely prefer oWoD. There are only a few nWoD/CofD games that interest me if we're not counting fangames like Princess, Genius, and the like and there are multiple nWoD games that I just outright hate such as Requiem and Beast.

>Beast
We all hate beast. Its really what brings everyone together.

I'm an oWoDer, although I don't really play the lore is fascinating. M:tAs is amazing mind-thriller that simultaneously blends wacky gadgeteering geniuses like Iron Man in with crazy wizards like Gandalf in a way that makes sense.

The Masquerade is the quintessential oWoD book to the point it spawned Bloodlines, which is an entry point for many people into oWoD lore.

Then there's Werewolf, which I think gets a bad rap but is just as interesting if a little less approachable as the others. Gaia is getting polluted by Pentex, an agent of the Wyrm (the great destructive force hell-bent on cleaning up everything, especially Earth). The Garou are here to fight the Wyrm, but made the mistake of killing off most of the other Fera meant to help them win the war.

So you're screwed, the Wyrm is winning, and your only option is to keep fighting the good, wolfy, fight. Captain Planet's a gigantic wolf gnawing the face off a pollution demon.

I think of the three big oWoD books Werewolf suffers the most lorewise and needs a reboot, but Forsaken changes too much. Mage and Vampire both have apocalypses that are existential - Consensus and the Masquerade - Thinbloods and Quiet - Werewolf just has the Wyrm and Metis, which aren't nearly as bad or everpresent.

Ok now, who did this?

Did Rio or the new Dark Eras book ever get posted?

I like some parts of Beast, but I would be lying if I said it's tone is not immensely edgy and pretentious.

I admit to borrowing from ascension liberally in awakening games - an ST who said "no" to such borrowing would probably kill a lot of my interest in NMage. But i generally like both gamelines.

Rio did.

What Dark Eras book are you talking about? I know Dark Ages Companion was posted though.