mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/13/new-warhammer-40000-war-zone-damocles-may13gw-homepage-post-4/
youtu.be/4iAmo6_9PAs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for farsight
The one true god

First for Kroot, destined to be the best army of 8th! We'll finally be a thing, right? Right?

We're either getting Kroot or Chaos Tau.

>Kroot Shapers are not HQ

Who?

While I would be excited to see chaos tau, I'd rather just farsight farsight farsight
You farsight, farsight?

this thread is so fucking gay holy shit

Latest news is ork faction focus

Not ringing any bells.

>53435877
Wew missed this hard, couldn't list the exact models atm but a mech (as in vehicles) Tau army that needs a lot of love. Got a load from another player awhile back and never got around to painting or doing anything with the force, I bought a Riptide and a new Crisis commander solely because I liked the model. Other than that though there are no suits

Would take money but wouldn't feel right considering the condition of some of these models, would rather get some Orks

>Chaos Tau
I could even see how'd they'd set it up if they haven't already in the fluff.
>THIS BIG NEW HOLE IN SPACE HAS MADE CHAOS EVEN STRONGER SO THEY CAN GET THEIR HOOKS IN THINGS WITH VERY LITTLE WARP PRESENCE LIKE NECRONS AND THE TAU!
I'd honestly prefer Kroot as its own army, or at least Auxiliaries as their own army.

ZOG ME

now it is also traitorous.

Riptides a pretty sweet model
Make sure to paint it nicely

Chaos has always been able to sink their hooks in Tau when they wanted to. It was just that Tau are like breadcrums, and why waste effort on those when there are more tasty morsels around.

But now that daemons can basically step out of a warp storm straight onto Tau worlds they might as well.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/13/new-warhammer-40000-war-zone-damocles-may13gw-homepage-post-4/

>Wait, fifth? What happened to number four?
>Yeah, about that. So, the dynamic and ever optimistic T’au might have been a little over-eager to embark on a new expansion.
>The Fourth Sphere Expansion fleet set off almost immediately once the fires in the Gulf had subsided, but with the Great Rift still raging through that region of space, all contact with them was soon lost. Were they all killed by some unknown attacker(s)? Did they just lose contact due to interference? Perhaps they entered the Warp – intentionally or not – becoming lost (or worse) in the violent empyrean tides? Maybe they will yet be found, or emerge somewhere unexpected in the galaxy, a lost portion of this optimistic new empire ever intent on conquest…
>We’ll have to wait and see

upvoted :)

Kroot Faction WHEN?

I'm trying to get rid of my Tau, it's modeled quite nicely though, one of my favorites to assemble

NPC allies of an NPC faction don't deserve a faction focus.

Go back to your containment game, marine.

>walk down to Geedubs on lunch break
>dude behind the counter is spruking Dark Imperium to whoever will listen
>ask abot cost in dollarydoos since I know I'll be paying the Australia tax
"The price hasn't been released yet, it will go up on the community site."
>um ok
>ask about any new kits being released around the same time
"We only know what's been posted on the community site."
>mfw staff get their news at the same time we do

At least he could confirm that the set will come with transfer sheets

Management might get some early info in order to run some promotions, but aussie staff will obviously never know anything because they're all kiwis.

Aus price for Dark Imperium will be $220, Rulebook $98, index's $40. Managers know a shitload, not sure about regular staff.

He's lying.

How do GW even keep their shops open and people employed if nobody buys stuff there? Isn't it strictly better to order stuff online?

He might not be able to say more until a certain day. That's how it was when I worked as a sales associate years ago. Can't tell details until a certain day.

Why did the most famous and widely used tank in the Imperial Guard get named after a Space Marine primarch?

I asked my local Ausfailia retailer and he says the have prices and more info but can't share due to NDA. He did hint that he is pretty happy with the prices though.

people are willing to pay for the thing being in their hand that moment instead of waiting a few days.

I'm excited about 8E but I think the new fluff is pretty much shit. But I'm rule zeroing the shitty fluff and using the good new rules.

You should do this too.

Mostly a relic from Rogue Trader lore, when Leman Russ was just a regular human commander, and the tank named after him as an honour.

I guess that makes sense, but their profit margin per shop must be incredibly small.

That's obviously way more expensive than it should be, but $220 isn't bad when $98 of it is the full rulebook.

Yes, who could forget Primarch Exterminator?

Warhammer is a social activity and GW shops provide the meeting house.

If GW closed their stores, even if no product was sold, they'd lose at least some money.

as someone who's thinking of getting back into the hobby, what do i need to update myself to 8th edition?

I hear the rules will be free and online, but what am i missing out on?

Alright I'm shit bored of Tau.

So I'm thinking of converting my ghostkeel into a deff dred, I think it's got potential. Thinking some sort of warbuggy for the pirahnas, but still not sure about the hammerheads.

My closest gw is two hours away, shit sucks but I'd probably only find age of sigmar players anyways.

Why would you ever go to a GW store at all, let alone one in Australia.

Just buy the rulebook and the Index with your army in it.

You only get basic rules and no points free.

Sell them and buy orks+a bunch of bits!

Farsight is no NPC

I'm painting a drop pod and I want it to look dark/ burnt up so I'm planning on washing the whole thing with nuln oil. Does this generally look good? I was also planning on edge highlighting with a silver to look like paints been burnt away

>does painting washes onto a flat surface look good
If you're into that coffee stain aesthetic, yeah.

Exterminators and Taurox Primes will be sex in 8th.

Can confirm. EVERY Games Workshop in Australia smells like sweat, body odor, shit, and spunk. It makes you wonder why all the regulars aren't more into Nurgle armies.

If you only want to play casually you can probably get by with the free core rules and online datasheets. Of course that has limitations like only one scenario, and not being about to play for points. So generally you'll want the rulebook and the index book which covers your army. If you know someone else who will be getting the rulebook you could probably get by with just the index, which is only like $25.

>FW Vulture with twinlinked Punisher
>40 shots

Anyone planning to buy the starter box and keep both sides? I know a lot of people are going halves with friends, or swapping for extra models, but I really like both sides. I was only recently thinking about Death Guard, and I've never had a loyalist army before.

Nurgle cares about his followers, GW sees them as chattel.

I recommend using this method for drop pods with an atmosphereic entry scorched appearance. Super easy and looks great.

youtu.be/4iAmo6_9PAs

Chadmarines are inescapable since they're in the starter and will be 85% of new releases for the next decade.

The only things to meet at GW stores are desperate, pushy salesmen and children.

Are there even going to be online datasheets? I don't think I've seen GW mention them once.

I've considered getting one. Army of nothing but Punishers Vultures and Taurox Primes.

How else will we keep girls out?

Unfortunately you'd need like 8 rounds of shooting vultures to kill something like a knight. It would be hilarious though.

I'd wait until the actual rules for 8th Ed are published for it. Somebody might decide rolling 40 fucking dice every time it shoots is just a tad fucking ridiculous, and adjust the amount of shots downward in return for maybe boosting the strength and armor piercing a bit. Or something like that.

So if all you wanted to do was pitch two handfuls of dice across the table, I'd wait on running out and buying the model for that right now.

>Playing as space marines

Seriously?

Nah, sell marine side to get the full multi part kit later. Nurgle marine even with full kit release would still be different from those in starter box (due to mutation and stuff).

Considering FRF,SRF makes guardsmen fire 4 shots at short range now they can't be that worried about making you roll a shitload of dice.

Depends on location.
I remember a Geedubs in a mall, it sucked, full of children and bothersome salesmen.

But another one, not in a mall or around an area with many kids, is quite pleasant. And the salespeople do no more than "need any paint or glue for that?".

>Chadmarines

>most armies are marines
>all starter sets have marines
>these last couple had marines vs marines ad the starter
>horus heresy
>new marines
I don't know.

Real talk: I'm sure the novelty of rolling two literal handfulls of dice every time you shoot would quickly lose its appeal for both you and the other guy when each rain of dice hits the table and knocks every fucking thing over. Or you could just roll them elsewhere off the board, I know, but I doubt you and/or your opponent wants to constantly step to the side of an 8 foot board to see the results.

TL;DR consider the actual logistics of so many dice

You might be right. Or they might limit how many times you can use that order per game somehow. Like make it cost a command point or something.

I really doubt these guys are going to be chaos tau. I think its just an excuse to move tau out of tiny area in an eastern backwater of imperial space.

That's what I'm planning to do. I really like both factions and their models.

i use sicarian infiltrators in my skitarii lists and i can confirm rolling 25 dice in my shooting phase and following it up with 26 in melee is tedious as fuck, have more than one unit do that would be a rough time.

It will get old for my opponent but not for me. I've been First Rank Fire Second Rank Fire blobs since 5th and using Punishers every game.

There are various dice rolling apps. They can be rather convenient well rolling large amounts of dice.

I wouldn't be surprised if orders are special guard stratagem-like things now considering they auto-succeed now but I know several people that don't think this is the case so who knows.

How much stopping power does a lasgun have?

>that's a Primaris Boner
Don't use performance enhancing steroids, kids.

mine is fine. I live in Darwin NT it's pretty much the only place to get a game. The store guy there will to you how to get cheaper alternatives of a lot of shit they sell there he isn't pushy at all.

In the fluff: It can punch a fist-sized hole in a typical concrete wall at full power.

On the table: They're called "flashlights" for a reason.

>sell marine side to get the full multi part kit later
Why do you think the starter box will be monopose? Prospero, Calth, and the Talons boxes have all been multipart, as well as the various other boxed games. The last monopose box I can remember was Dark Vengeance, which is what, five years old?

No confirmation yet. But I expect them.

If you aren't playing *as* marines you can call the chads what they are: "slightly larger marines". Let the asshole across the table deal with having shitty fluff and a meme army, it's not your problem.

magnum dong

He has two of them.

At a regular power setting they are about the same as a modern day assault rifle.

Enough to stop a baneblade apparently

But modern day assault rifles don't have a standard stopping power. 5.56 isn't as strong as 7.62 for example.

What chapter should I paint my Primaris Marines as?

Rainbow Warriors.

Then use your imagination and extrapolate that lasguns can operate on one setting for the equivalent of 5.56 and a slightly higher setting for 7.62

This one.

Because the guy hired by GW to paint the miniature said it's snapfit. And he's the one who leak the Plasma Nu-marine.

None of those HH kit are "starter box"

If I wanted to make shit up I wouldn't have asked here in the first place. I want to know what the fluff says.

I would like to change my vote.

Dark angels?

The fluff fucking states what I just told you.

In a nutshell: There are so many different models of lasguns that they don't have a standard stopping power either. That's canon.

Oh, fuck me. Well, I'm no longer on board then, I really like making my dudes from "scratch."

You can change its setting. It goes from giving 3rd degree sunburns to blasting limbs off. If to you overcharge the laspack and set it to release all at once it can shear through ceramite.

I could even like the Chads if they were Ultramarines-only and were an explicit attempt by Rowboat to do a "Velvet glove/iron fist" coup with his newly legion-strength Chapter (made more ironic since he was the one who chaptered the legions up in the first place). That would be grimdark and not terribly shit.

Rather than being, well, what they fucking are.

>shear through ceramite

bullshit, only those dumb hotshot lasguns can do that.

I used to pay a kroot merc army back when it was a thing.

Was fun and if you were a solid player you could tear some shit up in low point games.