Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Guardian Spirit Edition: What paranormal forces are watching over your character? How have they changed his fate?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

geekdad.com/2017/05/drift-geekdad-exclusive-look-at-starfinder/
youtu.be/QMk0-pZfx5Q
strawpoll.me/13041261
youtu.be/nMg9ruabXco
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reposting here because I'm legitimately curious.

>INB4 someone says that invulnerability is impossible because of infinity wish wizards.

user, he is the guardian spirit.

I've toyed with it, primarily through the Phantom Blade spiritualist.

Phantom Blade Spiritualist//Brutal Slayer Bushi? A STR/WIS, brutish Asian-style thug whose nagamaki is actually the spirit of his DEX/INT samurai grandfather who doesn't like his grandson's lack of elegance, the two arguing over how to go about doing something. The Grandson would hit shit hard, the Grandfather would suggest a more rational path.

Also had another one, a Witchwolf Skinwalker girl whose great-grandmother, the original matriarch of her clan, came back as a fearsome battleaxe in order to instill some family values in her descendants that had grown lazy and fat- especially the hedonistic youngest daughter of the current matriarch that was on a fast-track to nowhere.

>newest flower app is literally Damian Wayne from Batman. A terrible written, hilariously direct copy.

r20 randos are magic.

for those who missed it, we have new information on how Star Travel works, how ships work, and a new god, the Triune.

geekdad.com/2017/05/drift-geekdad-exclusive-look-at-starfinder/

Worth noting is enforced wait times between visiting planets, often days worth of it at a time. Perfect for RP sessions and lewds

if we're talking about HP invulnerability:

>be level 19 Swashbuckler (god help you)
>Take Signature Deed (Cheat Death)
>Always make sure to have at least 1 panache point
>Now whenever you would be dropped below 0 HP, instead of paying all your remaining panache to be at 1 HP, you pay all your remaining panache -1, which always leaves you with 1 panache point remaining
>therefore no matter how many times you are dropped below 0, you are instead left at 1 HP

But user, starships aren't for lewds, starships are for building romantic tension until the scene is diffused by a timely/untimely interruption that throws the whole thing into an awkward light that forestalls advancement until later plot developments.

youtu.be/QMk0-pZfx5Q

I uh.

I don't think that's supposed to be how that works but I can't really argue against it.

I'm not sure if I had a lower opinion of the app before or after I realized what was going on.

>Not one
>Not two
>Not three
>But four out of four of the revealed deities for Starfinder are feminine

They aren't even trying anymore.

I'll repost the question, is the Legendary Assassin pdf in either of the troves?

Being fair here, Triune actually has an excuse, given she was two pre-defined female deities and a genderless super robot.

Let's turn this negativity train around. Which ensoulment apps are the best?

Favorite Player Companions books and why.

Go.

Derrin looks like a good fit for the campaign if Disk ever gets around to finishing her.

Ceraphine is a good character, but doesn't really feel like it fits the feel of the game.

Psychic Anthology: Panoplies and Kinetic Knight

Blood of the Beast is a fantastic sourcebook

>Panoplies and Panoply Savant
>my dream of a half-caster with full BAB is real

fuck the fact that I'm dicked into sword and board without blowing feats on unhindering shield, it's still rad as fuck and perfect for gestalt

How do you think the presence of Rifles, RPGs, and other murder implements will affect the people who just try to Wizard their way through things?

Seems like there will be more options for dealing with those types.

What are the odds the first male god is going to be a total bore, or evil?

Weapon master's handbook

I particularly liked Blood of the Fiend for all the stuff it provides for my favorite race.

>Seems like there will be more options for dealing with those types.

Those types aren't the target audience for Starfinder.

Mustache-twirling Papa Asmo reporting for duty.

Asmo actually got confirmed for not being core 20 anymore. He's still around, but he's no longer part of the in group.

THIS user knows his space drama!

He's too nice! He needs an alignment shift

The same as guns have always affected them: Not at all.

Maybe it'll be Kurgess, the NG god of friendly competition, athleticism, and kind-hearted bara musclemen.

God of swole

THIS IS FUCKING HERESY
SPACE HELLKNIGHTS OF RELIGIOUS BENT, REPORT TO PURGE WITH OUR KIN!

Giancarlo
Kino but mainly because I like Kino.
Cornelia I want to rape the smug out of her
Ceraphine is good but her tone is...just it feels weird and off

Asmo finally got tired of this shit and fucked off to a better setting

What's Kurgess doing in a Space Opera?

Erastil wouldn't fit either.

Sarenrae will be a goddess for sure.

Ah, by the way, did anyone save a copy of the Steelforge playtest? Need it for Forgelord and the legendary weapon (whose name currently escapes me)

>Brethedan vacuum-swimming biovessels
Bio ships confirmed!

Inspiring wayward genetically engineered abominations to turn their monstrous strength to healthier, more positive pursuits, of course.

That's flimsy and you know it! The only deities that will be in Starfinder are the ones with portfolios that matter for a space opera.

Wait a minute, is incorrect because they forgot Pharasma and Iomedae are also confirmed.

This means it's current six goddesses, zero gods.

Just posted an ensoulment app as Cory H, feedback appreciated

Reposting to shill (and gather some more info on which game to start the application listing for):
strawpoll.me/13041261

>Guile of the Diabolic
LE twist on WotR. An Asmodean oracle has predicted the assault on Kenabres with a couple months in advance, so you've been assembled by an Asmodean cleric to go and swoop in to save the day, earn Papa Asmodeus some positive PR, and probably sweep control of the crusades and Kenabres from Iomedae and her ilk. Level 4 start, 30 PB

>Hell's Saboteurs
LE twist on HR. You are a clique of self-interested noblemen, devil worshippers, and chelish loyalists (or maybe somewhat amoral mercenaries) in Kintargo. You've noticed that Bazzy Thrune seems to have lost a screw or two, and that there's a rebellion being brewed with all the subtlety of a blaster sorcerer and the cunning of a 7 WIS bard. This opens the perfect chance for you to play both sides, screw both over, and get some nice social and power advancement while at it. Level 3 start, 25 PB, vigilante gestalt (Legendary stuff allowed except for noble soul and exposed)

2/10, not a cory in the house joke, apply thineself

>5e

Here's what we have confirmed currently:
>Abadar (Male)
>Iomedae (Female)
>Sarenrae (Female)
>Desna (Female)
>Urgathoa (Female)
>Pharasma (Female)
>Zon-Kuthon (Male)
>Weydan (Unknown)
>Triune (Female/Female/Genderless)
>Damaritosh (Male)

Yeah, female deities are much more common, but it's not like we aren't getting some males.

Are you in the house?

user, I don't say this as an insult to you, but to what you're trying to sell. Evil campaigns are trite and boring and shouldn't be sold as the quirk to a campaign. If you want my complete honesty, I would rather play an honest campaign of straight Wrath of the Righteous with those rules, rather than some Lawful Evil mess.

Who the fuck is I and what the fuck is this Wayne knockoff

There's nothing flimsy about being a good role-model, user!

>Seven goddesses
>One is evil

>Three gods
>One is evil, Damaritosh is potentially evil

I thought Paizo was equal about this crap?

How is everyone feeling about DHB's character?

Dont make jokes guys, my real name is Cory Housington

What other gods would make sense to show up? It just seems to me they are powerful not mortals who are CEOs of companies. Is this really the only role they occupy?

That said, I suppose concepts can help fill in the gap I know Abadr is suppose to be the God of wealth or something of the sorts so I guess I wouldn't be able to shoe in my !Corpus religion into it.

We don't need to make jokes when you have a name like that.

Here's the problem I'm seeing
1. I don't see why Jericho 'sees merit in the princess's need of symbolism', at least not in the classic symbolism of a hero
2. Will the idealistic 17 year old fairytale princess really take kindly to an executioner's sense of harsh stability?

>Gods are the CEOs of corporations

Please tell me you're joking here, that's retarded. Dragons worked for Megacorps, not deities.

Well, actually? We know that Abadarcorp is a thing. And based on the fluff surrounding the playtest module they showed us during the bigass livestream quite a while back, Abadarcorp is filled to the brim with amoral assholes.

So yes, you can totally have people screaming "FOR THE PROFIT!"

I don't really like evil campaigns. Not because I don't like playing evil characters but because it's invariably just the good campaign but against angels and with kicking puppies on the side. Especially Lawful Evil, which honestly belongs in intrigue games if not independent adventuring, otherwise you're literally an evil mook taking orders from people who actually matter.

> Evil campaigns are trite and boring
That's like your opinion.

>implying great dragons aren't deities

I mean his symbol part makes sense with the whole "become the coiled serpent". But yeah he seems a bit on the harsh side and admits he's more sympahetic to the king than the princess.

No, he doesn't know what he's talking about - the only "CEO deity" we're looking at is Abadar, as said there.

My opinion? Everyone else said the same thing last time you posted it.

>not having the best god Cayden Cailean

Fuck those niggers

I only say this after looking at the sparse wiki where Abadr apparently is. I don't cliam to know with assuradly hence why I asked.
I see. Well, I do want to be a bit more OC donut Steel then just pretending to be evil space jews.

Which one's the one worshiped by Space Ameiko?

Remember, "equality" isn't what hard lefters want.

user... Cayden Calian has kind of been dead in the water since Milani showed up, same with Erastil.

They're gods of a rougher, less inclusive time in Paizo's history. If you haven't noticed, 90% of the deities they've introduced post-WotR have been women.

Guess we will have to homebrew a lot of shit if we want to have fun

I honestly really like Erastil. He seems like a pleasant guy

He's a good and caring daddy

What the fuck happened with Paizo, thought this shit was done when Sean Cuck Reynolds left

Weydan, god of discovery and liberty.

When he saw humans struggling and shivering in the wild, he gave them his bow and taught them how to show nature who's boss.

He's got our back.

Not mouse, therefore would not fug. Points though for having don't tread on me snake as their family symbol. Would share a cask of amontillado with, but would not want to adventure with anyone who symbolizes both execution and TOO MUCH SNAKE.

Reynolds was a sentient mass of pure autism but he wasn't the problem with Pazio. Amber Scott, James Jacobs and Crystal Fraser are the tumblrites ruining the game,

He is most definitely the ultimate daddy. And he's OUR Daddy too!

What are /pfg/'s thoughts on the other designers. Mark Seifter seems like a decent guy.

Which method of honouring Erastil is better, becoming a Cleric or Paladin dedicated to him?

Warpriest actually might be best, since it can access the feat Erastil's Blessing inherently if it picks longbow as its sacred weapon.

Becoming a good and caring daddy, obviously.

Jesus fuck and no signs they are going to fuck off right?

Why one or the other when you can prove your devotion by multiclassing as both a paladin AND cleric of Erastil. You'd be twice as devout as any other weekend worshipper.

Bowadin is pretty classic.

I dont know how "done" this is but I really wanted to steal some things from Bart the character from the new Dirk Gently series.
She is a "Holistic Assassin" who is guided by the universe wandering around killing everyone she runs into, all of which end up being bad people. From the outside she looks like a pyschotic serial killer on a massive murder spree but we realize that all the coincidences that keep happening around her is actually fate intervening. youtu.be/nMg9ruabXco

Obviously this character would be hard to do as a PC in Pathfinder but the whole "I'm just a leaf being carried by the stream of fate. A murderous leaf." philosophy could be fun to RP out against a party with more traditional objective morals.

Does it makes sense to have barbarians if your setting is set in the Renaissance/Early Modern?

Well, that's certainly a goal, but you need to start somewhere. Maybe Chosen One? Learn the secrets and the wisdom of the wilderness from boyhood under the watchful tutelage of an emissary, and grow into a fine young man with strong morals, an appreciation for nature, and a dead eye like no other.

I don't know if you're aware, user, but there's still tribes of people on earth that could be considered tribal barbarians by PF's standards. they just have access to textiles and guns.

They are people that use their rage to surpass in combat. Rage is timeless user.

Depends what you mean by "Barbarian", strong guy who goes insane with the axe or an actual barbarian
Also I'm going to get shouted at for this but Africans.

There's still tribes who don't have access to textiles and guns, the ones in remote corners of the world.

Savage Technologist Barbarian is basically a sword/gun barbarian you can use.

Urban Barbarian also exists.

I made a samurai for the ensoulment game. I feel like I did a good job with the character... Already completed the sheet and everything. But, Im thinking of making his backstory more comlex. Give him a real personality, you know? So I guess what Im asking is... [Spoiler]How do I rise above the memes?[/spoiler]

Is it a good idea to cast buffs like Mind Blank before you get your 8 hours of rest so you don't 'lose' a spell slot or does it not even matter?

You can't rise above the memes, jack.

By the time you have that sort of spell, you're so powerful it doesn't matter.

24 hour buffs are so high up the level list that you won't run out of slots anyway.

Get inspired.

What archetype for my Kobold alchemist ?
What personality should I give him ?

No, no, listen, this is a good thing. Jaded, retired Asmodeus is awesome character development. Like he just got sick of everybody's shit and fucked off, became Neutral after finally balancing the philosophical struggle with his brother, and now he's doing his own thing.

>Asmodeus is just a comfy retiree drinking whiskey on his porch