IOTA or Ripple

Which one is the bigger scam?

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-dont-realize-how-much-they-pay-in-banking-fees-2016-07-18
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

IOTA for sure

quit shilling absolute shit

I'm 100% into both.

IOTA. That's not to say XRP isn't quite centralized, but at least they're honest about it, and at least it works

How long have you been retarded?

Anything that's not mined is 100% a scam. Because this is crypto and it's not regulated. So you'd be pretty fucking stupid issuing a coin and not taking advantage of this lack of regulation.

IOTA because it has no working product. It has a promising whitepaper, but the network is unstable as fuck with funds disappearing or getting attached to null-adresses and having to be manually re-attached. It's also centralized although the devs claim it'll be decentralized once it leaves it's infancy stage. The tangle is a good concept, but the fact that your private key is exposed with every send tx is absolutely mad.
Ripple on the other hand has a working network that is already used by banks and payment providers like AMEX to make transactions on, the wallets are solid and you don't have to hope your tx reaches the right recepient.

That's a good point, but does it outweigh the fact that the Ripple devs kept 66 billion tokens?
Also don't forget the Ripple token isnt even necessary for the Ripple network that banks are supposedly going to use

Bitcoin

It's 55B XRP and those are currently completely locked away in escrow contracts.
And while the token isn't necessary, it aids the banks in reaching a 60% savings on every tx they make on the network compared to current SWIFT tx. Imagine being a bank and not taking this savings while giving none of the savings to your customers.

> Actually believing this

What's there to believe? You can calculate it for yourself if you want to. It's basic math. But go on and post your memes. Don't come around whining when XRP moons again and you didn't board the rocket in time.

Yeah that makes sense. Bank to bank business on a decentralised blockchain using a pajeet issued token.

Oh look. Junior admin tried to send some tokens from our bank to Timbuktu bank. He typed in the wrong address. All coins gone. It's ok though. We still saved 60%

Bank to bank business will never be decentralised. Ever. Good luck with your token.

>ripple
>decentralised
Wat?

>reddit spacing
And here I wondered why you're so retarded. Look, Banks are currently jizzing all over blockchains. It's the new hot shit and they want in. Don't believe me? Go to any bigger bank and talk to a higher up banker there. They'll tell you exactly the same thing. Blockchain is what will replace current SWIFT transactions, believe it or not.

It's centralized you mong

This is why you never listen to biz newfriends

Exactly. So why would you use the token? You use just the network. There will be value in that. How can I buy shares in that network? Oh right. I can't.

They use your money to finance their business. And all you got in return is a valueless piece of shit token.

It will still go up though. Because people like you do not get what's going on.

>you must be THIS retarded to post here
Holy shit. I never thought Veeky Forums could drop to such depths of stupidity. Please go and stay go.

>Have no argument
>Starts name calling

Good luck with your token man. Really mean that. You will make it. Just hodl.

>Have no argument
But I literally already gave you my arguments while you kept saying "LALALA NOT TRUE LOL YOU BELIEVE THAT LALALALA" and moved the goalposts.

Transacting in fiat has a backstop. It's the central bank. Transacting in fiat can be hedged. Transacting in token has no backstop and cannot be easily hedged. So banks could save 60% on transaction fees. But they will be exposed to a volatile token not backstopped by anyone and not easily hedged. I can see a little money changing business in New Delhi using it to transfer 100 Rupees to Indonesia though. But they could also do that in dogecoin. So please explain how you envisage banks working around these little issues?

If you'd only read what the network is capable of before spouting uninformed opinions.
Banks can utilize a "risk minimizer" on the network that'll catch volatile movement. Those things are smart contracts that act on their own behalf and require no further human interaction. So if the rate drops, the contract will add the required XRP or other currency to the tx, if the rate rises, the contract will withdraw some XRP or other currency from the tx and keep it. However, this is purely optional. Banks can also gamble on winning during a tx.

but...user...that's 200%...

ive made a lot of money on both

I've been working in finance for almost 30 years. If one of my smaller customers asks me to change 1 million Euros into USD and send it to a Bank in burgerland then he expects me to get the best rate and a reasonable fee for making the transfer. He won't care too much whether he pays 40 Euros or a 100 Euros for the transfer, but the cost of transferring will be in that sort of ball park. Now why would I try to save 50 Euros on fees by using a token? I understand that there may be ways that the system can minimise risk, but even if I am 1 nanosecond in this token for the full 1 mil I will be on the hook for any losses. My indemnity insurance will not cover those losses. If the token crashes during that nanosecond, my business will be bankrupted, and I will be sued by my customer. And he would easily win in any court of law. Because he never gave me permission to change his money into a token. That's all on me. Not on him. And I did all this to make myself an extra 50 Euros? Have you actually thought about how this will work in practise user?

Again, there's no _need_ to use XRP. You can use the network as it is with any arbitrary currency.
And if you actually work in finance, you must surely know how banks are giving their customers forms to sign to be on the safe side. So why not do this with XRP? "We'll convert your balance into XRP for the duration of a transaction. Any losses greater than x% will not be covered. Do you consent?" and you're done.

Iota is biggest scam

>Holds several meetups.
>Ignores Microsoft Question
>Partnership = Hosting content on Azure.
>In talk with Microsoft teams = sending support tickets to different Azure groups, database, infrastructure, etc.
>Has women engineer for pony show.
>See, she from Eastern Europe. She know code. She blonde.
>Pajeet after pajeet after pajeet.
>All IOT projects are copies that Qualcomm has had since 1998 for Tangle network. Fuck many are probably off patent by now...
>Saw a white knight save a girl at a meetup and said girl brushed him off, lol.

I know there is no need to use XRP. But then where does the token get its value from? I can't disclaim using a token at all by getting the customer to sign. Because I'm regulated and that means by law I have to act in his best interests. Not in my best interest. And exposing him to unnecessary risk so I can make a little more money will not be in his best interests. I'd lose my license on the spot user.

Oh yes. Remind me about that "not in my own interest" thing. How about the time banks used their clients money to gamble? You know they don't give a fuck about regulation. If they can bend the rules a little to make an extra buck here and there, they will; hoping nobody finds out about it.
As for your question, that is actually a legit thing to be concerned about. To the network it doesn't matter if the token is valued at $1, $10 or $0.1. The transaction will take place no matter what. The price is only driven by hype, as is true with any other cryptocurrency. This token has a special case because it actually represents a real-life usecase and people have high hopes that it somehow lifts off the ground. This is why the token has any value at all in the first place. If it didn't have any value dictated by the outside market, Ripple would probably set it at a higher rate than the US Dollar like 1:2, 1:5 to spare XRP used for every transaction. The value would increase over time due to the fact that XRP "burn" with every transaction. It's a slight counter to inflation but it also means that at some point all XRP will increase in value because the supply decreases. Mind you, the burn rate is laughable at the moment and probably won't be increased at all.
As with any other speculative object, XRP has no guarantee to succeed but it still has a high chance of actually making it.
Disclaimer: I hold around 3K XRP so take my opinion with a grain of salt if I sound too optimistic.

marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-dont-realize-how-much-they-pay-in-banking-fees-2016-07-18

Im going with IOTA, but I also dont know why.

I know banks are basically evil. I definitely do not want to defend banks. But a bank sticking fiat into a mortgage backed security that is listed on a regulated exchange has an excuse when it loses money. Because it's all regulated. Oversight. Proper valuations by regulated counterparties. So if the bank incurs losses then ultimately the central bank will be on the hook. A token however is not regulated. Nor does it trade on a regulated exchange. So losing money on a token has no excuse for the bank. Anyway, I get that there is a whole lot of hype and fomo driving all crypto prices. But to me the real value is in the decentralisation. And I don't believe in issued currency. That's exactly what Satoshi wanted to avoid. So for that reason, I'm out. But I wish you god speed with this issued centralised token. Hope it goes to the moon for you.

Centralization and issuing is of course everything that's wrong with cryptocurrency, but I think this is exactly what Banks will suck up. We'll see. If it's not XRP it'll be another shitcoin that gets me my Lambo.

IOTA is the scamcoin at the moment. Their tech is great, but they're not marketing it properly or professionally. Give them some time and they might come around.

>Their tech is great
No it's not. The idea is great, but the current tech is bullshit. You expose part of your private key everytime you send any amount to another adress which makes it virtually impossible to keep sending from a single adress without the fear of someone bruteforcing your key and taking over your wallet.

This is all that really matters, it's super shady. How do u feel about omg?

Currently reading the whitepaper and checking communities. Not sure yet. Sorry.

Ripple is going to be fucking huge. If you go al in I can guarantee a 10x in under two years.
It’s a good move for burgers considering new tax laws. This one is worth hodling.

>I can guarantee
Are you Billy Mays? No one can guarantee anything for any coin. As much as I'd love your claim to be true, it's utter bullshit based on current trends.