Get past the hellhounds and reach the other end!

Get past the hellhounds and reach the other end!
You can move once and shoot once on your turn. Your marines (blue m) have range 2, but they can only fire upwards, and move 1 tile to adjacent squares but not diagonals.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DNcMMJexB4c
youtube.com/watch?v=0gEkNVq1ct0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

marine from d1 to d2

>marine from d1 to d2
a hellhound moves from b7 to a6

And how do the hellhounds move and attack?

>no rules on what hellhounds can do
I'm good thanks

>Implying the dm has to show monster stats to the player.

Rock falls from space, the marines die.
Thank you for playing.

Do you have to get both marines to the end?

They can move any 1 square around them, so adjacent plus diagonals. Their range is melee so they have to take you on the same square you occupy.
only one

d2, c2

>marine from d2 to c2
a hellhound moves from f7 to e6

Marines can't lose unless they intentionally step into 1 away from more than 1 dog at the same time (since he can just shoot one dog).

e1, e2

I'll probably stop if no one else bites on this thread.

>but they can only fire upwards

derrrrrrp

take that back, e1, f1

this, marines will slaughter all if they are stupid enough to try and get in their way. that 2 range and that they can always step back makes this quite stupid.

c2, b2

The loss condition for a marine is to have the dog 2 away diagonally (without the other marine covering). The marine can't do anything in that situation that isn't just prolonging his death.

Because the HH can move on diagonals and the marines cannot, there is a good possibility the marines will lose.

R2, D2

Did thread die already?

I just called c2, b2. I'm not calling another one until someone else calls one though, because having a thread with one other person is gaaay.

c2 to b3
shoot that bitch up

Ah ok. Let me update then.

You have no units on c2

b2 - b3
still up on shooting the thing

Your marine shoots down a hellhound! It screams in agony, reduced to a pool of blood.

Nice shot, faggot. e2, e3

You are in danger of being flanked!

e3, d3 bang

youtube.com/watch?v=DNcMMJexB4c

b3, b4. It's a good day to die.

nice shot faggit
youtube.com/watch?v=0gEkNVq1ct0

After b3>b4

d3>d4

illegal move

lol nvm ok d3 to d4
your marine got raped to death by a hellhound

Noice, you fugged it. Correct play was b4, c4 bang, sac the one marine and run to the edge of the board.

RIP

Yep, I don't see you guys winning now. It's game over. You lose?

Not unless we can revert our save-state.

Well I can allow a new game, was it balanced enough? Thinking of adding more units

I don't know. The line of play I had in mind would have worked if it weren't for meddling user. I think the complicating play would have been if c6 moved back instead of f3, e3. Or is backing off against hellhound protocol?

You can back away if you want, obviously you win if you kill all the hellhounds. The big problem is that you can only fire forward so flanking is a bitch

>Implying I wanted Imperial scum to win.

Was lurking.

Firing upwards means you can only shoot ^ and not sideways? Not a native english speaker

Sorry, I'm saying it would have been better play for the hellhound player to back off at c6 instead of moving closer on the flank. I was just wondering if that was against the rules for a hellhound to run away.

yes

No hellhounds can move however they want. They l

They have to move to.

a fun sounding upgrade would be to have 1 marine with bolter "m" and other with stalker bolter "M". "M" can shoot sideways and down, but can't target hellhounds closer than 2 squares.

What do you think?

I think as-is the game favors marines given good play by both sides. It's also a bit too simple as it stands, so adding more pieces might be a good idea if you want to develop this.

hmm.
yeah thats true, though there are rules which did not come to play yet.

Ok new Units
Stalker,
Ravager.

>AoE

What does that mean here?

It means it hits both the two tiles in its range.

Can players shoot through their own pieces? Also, does the piece that moved have to be the piece that shoots? Can you shoot then move?

e1, e2

Here.

Can the Ravager also take by going into an enemy space?

Also, I'd like to say beforehand that this setup seems even more favorable to the marines than the first game.

Anyway, still sticking with e1, e2

No. Only melee units can do that.

f1,f2

That brother took the knot.

f2, f3

That's e2,e3 you just played, not f2,f3. Take back red's move if it makes a difference to you.

Next move is d1, d2 either way.

d2, d3

d3,c3. Nice digits.

c1, c2

c3,c4

c2, c3

>implying I can't make a knowledge check

c4, b4

Not the player user

I'm afraid this is going to be a stalemate because of bullshit Stalker firing range and how Ravager can only move diagonally

I think the "AI" fucked up kek

Well we will have to rebalance the rules then

c3, c4 doggo ded

I still think this game favors marines, but we'll see.

Marine killed hellhound,
Ravager killed marine

damn placed R incorrectly sorry abouyt that.

Nice legal move you got there.

yeah misplaced

b4, c4 shoot

e2, e3

c4, c5

>a challenger appears

that's c4, d4, not c4, c5. Also, someone called a move before me.

wrong stalker move, it was c5, not d4

sorry
ok did both the moves, in order

I don't mind in this case, but usually when doing these kinds of threads, two different orders getting called for the same move means that the second one gets thrown out. Also, red should have another move now.

f3, f4

yeah but i messed it up, next time tho

Considering buffing hellhounds to 2 moves per tile or reducing ravager cost to 30. Hellhound cost is actually 10, so its a misprint