Worm Metropolis CYOA General #4

Welcome to Earth Kek where the PRT Headquarters in Metropolis is bigger than a town.

Last Thread : Worm CYOA was made by 3_tankista, who probably does not browse this thread

IRC: rizon.net/chat
OOC IRC = #WMCYOA
IC IRC = #Metropolis_Streets
Discord: discord.gg/du3Xsdr
Pastebin : pastebin.com/v9N1nhm3
Google Drive : drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5TURaY25ucThDR3c
Drive Drop : drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5UE14QjhCQ21xTDQ?usp=sharing

RP Rules and Info Below

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5TURaY25ucThDR3c?usp=sharing
soundcloud.com/hypermetaru_bluehawk/tracks
docs.google.com/document/d/1nFdmfWAqeiq12eCZK0VoxPsj8r6hWn-_buCRSyaFHmY/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Did you just give up on posting the rest of the CYOA?

Tne Black Swordsman
Remaining:
CP: 1
SS: 8
Gestation
Vigilante (Ambivalent)
Male Adult (24)
No Identity
Costume: Armour

Martial Arts
Marksmanship
Tactics
Survival
Parkour
First Aid
Stealth

Natural Trigger

Gifts:
Plot Convenience
Voice in My Head
Noctis Cape
Blindspot

Flaws:
Nemesis x 3
Rough Start
Slaughterhouse 9 (Recruit)
Worst Day Ever x 3
Endbringer Target
Humble Beginnings

Gift: Plot Relevance

Powers:
Peak Condition
Rocky II
Do You Even Lift
MacGyver

Equipment:
Sniper Rifle (Firing one-handed)
Blade (Stupidly oversized, of course)
Bombs
Tinkertech
Tool Belt
Stealth Suit

Just a man, fighting to survive.

(Hopefully I did this all right)

I meant rough start to be x3 as well

>Hey. I tried something like this in the CYOA thread and there was enough interest in forming teams and shit as characters I decided to make this into an entire thread on its own. Basically you use the Worm CYOA to make yourself a superhero and join a team. The goal of this thread is not to build super OP characters, but build interesting characters who would work together in teams. Compared to the regular CYOA this is a low-power game. The CYOA itself is super easy to break, so there’s a few rules to go along with it to maintain the theme of the thread, keep things balanced and prevent this thread from turning into a race to make the most OP character possible.

>The setting itself is Metropolis, a typical extra-large New York sandbox rip-off. Even though it’s all the same setting you can pick Gestation, the Golden Age or Worthless Opponent as your scenario, but it won’t mean much more than a difference in starting points. Canon characters – Contessa, Skitter, Eidolon, Glaistig Uaine, etc – don’t exist in Metropolis. Every organisation mentioned in the CYOA still exists, but with none of the canon characters in it and they are based out of Metropolis. The Protectorate and the Wards still exist, as does the PRT. The Guild is not Canadian. The Undersiders are pre-Taylor heisters. The ABB and E88 are locked in a turf war and the Merchants sell drugs to homeless people. S9 exists and you can be in it, but you’ll probably end up with a kill order on you.

OP is dead, long live OP
>Cauldron still exists and is still a secret organisation that wants to manufacture more parahumans and take control of as many parahuman organisations as possible in preparation for fighting the Entities. Conspirators are active members of Cauldron and still get access to those sweet, sweet Cauldron powers. If you have a dead shard and you aren’t a case 53, you either stole from Cauldron or secretly work for them. If you work for them, your job is to get into a position of power within your organisation to further cauldron’s reach. If you stole from them expect Conspirators to hunt you down – or heroes working for Cauldron.

>The Birdcage exists. It is not in Metropolis, and unless stated is exactly the same as in canon – a giant guardless prison run by AIs with no way out. If you are a villain and you get caught three times or you get caught after doing something horrific you end up here til it’s time to fight the entities.

>1) Duplicate powers don’t stack. Two people with power fluctuation standing next to each other would not buff each other’s power fluctuations. This is to stop the most OP builds.
>2) You can only spend a maximum of 15 Shard points on powers. This includes the 3S it takes to upgrade a power to its second trigger. This rule is in place to stop people building characters with a million high S powers (vigilantes I’m looking at you) or who are otherwise obscenely broken – Worm parahumans are closer to being x-men than justice leaguers in power level. It also stops everyone from taking a million flaws to get ridiculous powers. We can’t all be vagrants who got kidnapped and tortured by S9 and Ziz. Conspirators are the exception to this rule – they can spend up to 20 points on powers (perks of being cauldron).

>3) No Abaddon shards or Negentropy. No-one has Abaddon shards in canon Worm and this is a low power game anyway. Negentropy is a no go because the entities lose all incentive to hand out powers if they’ve developed immortality. If you’re upset because “muh immortality” keep in mind as a parahuman you’re unlikely to live for much longer than a decade anyway (life in spandex is violent and short).
>4) No more than 3 Endbringers at a time. First come first served, and you play like canon Endbringers – you periodically show up to wreck everybody’s shit.
>5) I’m thinking of making this into a proper RP if I can find a decent place to host it. No drop-ins or gifts – let’s keep it in-character.

>A few final notes:

>Case 53 flaw x1 = you are a human with a few extra parts, like elf ears, feathers in your hair, weird pupils/irises/sclera, extra fingers etc. Think Canary from canon.

>Case 53 Flaw x2 = you are still recognisably humanoid, but not as a “human”. Think Gully or Weld from canon – you genuinely look like a monster and ordinary humans might be nervous or quick to judge you.

>Case 53 x3 = you are no longer recognisable as human. Think Garotte or Mantellum from canon. People who see you will think you’re a monster and may run screaming from you.

>Having a kill order on you means you did something truly horrific or awful, or have repeatedly shown yourself to be too dangerous to be safely apprehended by the authorities. In short, you’ve killed people and as a result there's a fuckhueg bounty on you, which anyone - from heroes to sinister villains to rule-breaking vigilantes to every yahoo with a gun - can collect on, with no questions asked an no attempts to arrest them. They just stroll into Protectorate HQ, drop off your severed head, get given their money and walk out, even if they're a wanted felon.

I tried. And I failed. Horribly. I guess that what I get for being in a blindspot-infested city as a precog mind-reader.

And thats why you deserve to be in our Blindspot covered city.

>You can only spend a maximum of 15 Shard points on powers
so i cant get any 25 point powers?

Nope, sorry. Otherwise I'd've made a generic Alexandria package cape with the Broken Limiter power.

>humble beginnings
>worse day ever x3
>nemisis x3
You ded son.
>end bringer target
Oooooooh you really ded son

Deader than dead. Dead dead. An unprecedented amount of deadness.

So, how i actually play this?

Read CYOA and then extrapolate. Read the rules.

Just play the CYOA and ignore the rules in the thread that shit all over it.

No, I mean, actually play it. Interact with other players.
Do I just post in discord/irc/leave a post with the story?

Post here with build/bio plus builds for any followers/nemeses. Then get it all in a text document, add pictures and flavour, maybe a themesong, and whack it in the submissions box in the Google drive. After that, come party in the Discord.

yeah, i didn't actually read the whole thing and I thought it was just a rule for the actual cyoa, not just this subset where we form teams
my bad

I haven't fully read the story yet, does scion have a butthole? this is important

so how does 2nd level kingmaker work?
do you get 7 points of powers which are automatically triggered?
or do you have to spend points to make them triggered?

ima say the 1st option

He can if he wants.

ok guys im changing my previous build. im now going for a triggered kingmaker build. ima be a rogue CEO that makes a corporation that sells robots
i got 2 shard points left. what should i buy?

Either Copycat so that you can join in on the tinkering, or Cosmetic Shapeshift and Peak Condition because it's always nice to be more fit and more attractive.

>copy cat
GENIUS
>nice to be fit and attractive
already am

anyway, what happens when you have 2 people with power fluctuation? do they amp each others powers up in a never ending chain reaction?
>first guy makes 2nd guy's powers 3X better
>2nd guy makes 1st guys's powers 9X better
>1st guy makes 2nd guys powers 18X better
>forever

>1) Duplicate powers don’t stack. Two people with power fluctuation standing next to each other would not buff each other’s power fluctuations. This is to stop the most OP builds.

ok, cool.
so does fluctuation increase the points value granted by kingmaker by 3X? or increase the number of guys you can give powers too? or both?

Presumably just makes the powers stronger. Giving more points would be stupid both from a balance perspective and a flavor perspective.

Make sure you add your characters to drive to make them official ! King is still the only registered Slaughterhouse 9 member - first come first serve.

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4HBOzQub8_5TURaY25ucThDR3c?usp=sharing

Yeah, I will create other members if no one uploads anymore

Gonna get to that when i get home on sunday or something. Thinking about making inferno a S9 member, since she's potentially a one woman dresden or tokyo.

Count Chesire

Scenario:
>Gestation (15/15)

Path:
>"Villain"

Origin:
>Drop-In (19/19)

Civilian Identity:
>No Identity (22/19)

Costume:
>Custom - Pic Related + Matching, purple pants and purple dyed leather shoes (18/19)

Skills:
>Martial Arts (14/19)
>First Aid (11/19)
>Strategy (6/19)
>Tactics (2/19)
>Mechanics (0/19)
>Hacking (-2/19)
>Investigation (-3/19)
>Survival (-6/19)
>Banter (-7/19)

Shard:
>Foreign Element (-10/16)

Perks/Flaws:
>Case 53 (-10/18)
>Worst Day Ever x3 (-4/24)
>Memory Death (1/24)
>Slaugherhouse 9 (6/27)
>Endbringer Target (10/32)
>Secret Lair (8/32)
>Second trigger (26/29)
>Second trigger (2/26)

Gifts:
>Plot Relevance

Powers:
>Observer - Second Trigger (2/1)
>Power Fluctuation - Second Trigger (2/-4)
>Power Sight (2/-5)

VILLIAN:

Gang:
>Other (solo, most likely)

Perks/Flaws:
>Money (-1/-5)
>Connections (-5/-5)
>Birdcaged (0/0)

When the world is going under, it's the perfect time for tea, sightseeing, gambling and fucking with heroes, do-gooders and evil-doers alike. All for laughs of course. Hmm? Some civilians were injured when I suddenly tripled the strength of that beam? Oh how horrible, what a shame that I, Count Chesire, simply cannot be caught... Never mind, I appear to be in the birdcages now. How sad. Maybe I should take this time to reflect, or maybe screw with the wardens and inmates a bit? Uhuhuhu~

On a scale of one to ten, how fucked am I?

11 because you didn't read the rules in full like a blithering retard.

Ah, and here I thought it was just the CYOA, when when in reality you guys were trying to limit people with extra rules for the sake of some roleplay. Alrighty then, you guys have fun. No need to be so rude my dude.

You're telling me there's a worm rp discord, a shame I'm busy I'll have to sort a submission later but still dope

does anyone have a list of the active endbringers?

I'm kind of confused, if 15 is the max points then what's the point of taking flaws?

For perks other then second trigger. The 15 power point cap only applies to powers and second trigger. Getting extra blues is pretty useful too
In the google doc pally

Perks that cost Shard points that aren't Second Trigger. Does have the side effect of getting a ridiculous number of Blindspots among the characters, so precog is kinda hosed.

ok i think im done with my character, what do you think?

Gestation
Rogue
Insert
Adult
CEO -0
Natural trigger +3C
Memory death +4C
Nemesis +3C
1X second trigger -4C -3S
Kingmaker – 10S
Corporation -3C
Subordinates -3C
Secret lair -2C
3 followers – 9C
2 Cauldron Bottles -4C

the phoenix consortium, is a corporation specializing in the production of highly advanced robotics, automation, and artificial intelligences for a wide variety of applications and customers. These applications range from industrial labor bots and household helper bots, to military warbots. As, the government has been unable to protect tis citizens during the chaos of the gestation, the consortium has utilized military and police warbots to protect its assets and enforce its interests.

The Phoenix Consortium’s headquarters is a medium sized tower which houses a laboratory, manufacturing plant, and administration offices. The walled residential area surrounding the tower houses about 1000 people. These areas are defended by highly sophisticated tinker technology such as, tinker fortifications, tinker security androids, and tinker detection equipment.

The company was cofounded by the current CEO [INSERT NAME HERE] and several other parahumans with tinker powers. It has since grown to the point where it employs several hundred people, and a small handful of parahumans. Other rogue parahumans are commonly contracted for special work and projects.

The CEO’s primary goal is to defend the company against the increasing chaos of the times, while maintaining its independence from outside organizations. Majors threats include the hero factions, whos corruption and short sightedness would retard the companies technology, and the criminal factions, who wish to steal technology for their own use. One particular threat has a special hatred for The Phoenix Consortium, a parahuman anarcho communist terrorist known as “Sickle”.

I like it a lot, about to make my character. Ever work with villains?

So looking at the Endbringers is it just me or is Nyx some sort of shitty creepy pasta Mary Sue Endbringer? Refuses to define how it uses its powers or mode of attack at all, has powers that make trying to fight it worse than useless, and is completely indistinguishable from a normal human in appearance for some inane reason.

i believe that the corporation perk TECHNICALLY only allows for cooperation with other rogues, but i think that cooperating with lone villians would be possible, depending on who they are and their motivations. they would definitely be highly suspect.

you'd have to have exectional powers too.

Lone villain here

Not sure I did this right but here goes

Djinn 'Jin'
Gestation
Villain
Male Adult(27)
Insert
No identity
Bodysuit(Black)
Skills: Martial Arts, Marksmanship, Stealth,Parkour
Natural Trigger
Memory Death
Blindspot
Connections, Secret Lair
Powers: Peak Condition, Recordless, Blink

A outstanding infiltrator, Djinn quickly left his unstable home life after his trigger and begun a small time career of petty theft and grand theft auto.

After figuring his powers could be used for more significant gain he started making 'friends' who often needed favors.

Djinn is now waiting for a competent power player to appear, his vision of being more than a hired gun near complete.

Just wanted to let everyone know im still around and kicking i just havent been able to get to a pc to upload the character

So, are there any random facts about your Capes that you've thought up?

My character can't have sex with anyone who doesn't have blindspot. Due to his mind-reading he is disgusted by people.

Very likely. I just wanted to see how close I could make Guts with the ruleset. Most of the drawbacks were fitting so in they went.

He served as an engineer in the navy during WW2, in the pacific theater

How has there been four threads now

Insects are surprisingly hardy.

Because it's fun, nerd

heh

King is a Russian immigrant and has a heavy accent

So for those that don't hate us, right now there is talk of having a bit of an arc going on in the discord! Slaughterhouse nine! They've recently shown an interest in Metropolis, and might make it their next target. Who knows what will happen?

S9 could use some more members, if people are up for it!

King needs more subordinates !

what is the fluff of SH9?

>Implying Huntsman isn't the leader

Literal murderhobos. A group of 9 parahumans who travel the United States, sometimes going into Canada or Mexico but rarely, and kill for the fun of it. They ALL have Kill-Orders, and their cast changes often, though there is a "core" set of members who have been around for years. In our version King, Huntsman, and Graviton are core members, I think Helheim is too. But that's 4 of 9 members.

If they are short a member they go to a cape-city, they all pick a recruit, and then they 'test' each others' recruits. Only one "gets" to join.

>Implying King isn't the King
Haven't seen Huntsman be tactic-like yet. We'll see.

You haven't seen him actually go hunting, he's skilled at tactics not over-all strategy.

Fuck-it. I'm making my third SH9 member
Name:Conquest (Real Name:Peter Duval)
Gestation
5/26 (Shard) - 0/26 (Character)
Villain
Male, Adult(Age Unknown), No Identity
Budget Costume
>Skills:Marital Arts, Strategy, Tactics, Stealth, Banter, Parkour, Investigation
>Perks:Second Trigger-Infection, Voice In My Head, Noctis Cape, Plot Convenience
>Flaws:Slaugherhouse 9
>Powers:Infection, Peak Condition, Fake Death
>Other:Slaughterhouse, Kill order

5 Shard points left over because I didn't want to make yet another character with Blind Spot. I have no actually appropriate images for this guy, so have this instead. Seriously, the closest I could get is something out of Prototype, and that's not right.

You've convinced me.

Name: Nails

Scenario: Gestation

Path: Villain

Origin: Insert (Female, Teenage (16))

Identity: No identity (18) [15]

Costume: Budget

Skills:
-Parkour
-Martial arts
-Stealth
(9) [15]

Shard: Natural (12) [15]

Perks:
-Voice in my head [13]
-Second trigger (8) [10]

Power: 2nd trigger Sting (11) [0]

Nails triggered when she got stuck in a set of train tracks, with the train moving full speed ahead towards her. After derailing the train with a rock to its wheels, she tried a brief stint as a independent villain, because she thought they were "cool". Of course, she ran afoul of the local sadist hobos, got caught and experienced her second trigger from the mental manipulation, and leading to her current... state. Really eager to work for a villain, with a not insignificant amount of brain damage causing her to seem pretty off.

Hey , got my S9 application here.

half French, and was known as a slacker in school.

Also forgot to add the fact that she's known as nails due to her using actual nails (the construction kind) as projectiles.

Quick question. Can you pick the Case 53 flaw even if you don't have a dead shard, or have gotten their powers from a bottle?

I'd go with yes - you won't be a true Case 53, but you'll have some physical mutation to accompany your powers.

More friends !

More people to kill. Since you have a kill-order I can use my lethal ammo.

>Implying your man enough to kill hostages
>He doesn't know my second trigger

Found this, might wanna give some of these a casual listen while postan builds

forgot link
it's a fanmade Worm soundtrack
soundcloud.com/hypermetaru_bluehawk/tracks

>Thinking you can kill an entire forest
>Thinking we don't know who your loved ones are

So are people still using the IRC or has the Discord supplanted it?

Discord's taken over. Long live discord.

Discord

Discord's supplanted it and we're talking about remaking the CYOA to make it more intuitive and creative.

And also more balanced.

Adding new powers? Or just tweaking wordings and points? Tinker powers seem pretty limited without specialties.

New powers, tweaking and balances. It's a collaborative effort.

Here's a link to the google doc where you can leave comments. Come to the discord and talk to us if you want the edit version.

docs.google.com/document/d/1nFdmfWAqeiq12eCZK0VoxPsj8r6hWn-_buCRSyaFHmY/edit?usp=sharing

Paramount needs to be balanced, way too strongwith 13 points

so, what can nanites do in this setting?
seems like nanties would be hilariously versatile and powerful

Nanomachines, son.

k, thats not very descriptive

Basically, go play the Metal Gear games. That's what Nanomachines, as made by a high rating Tinker, can do.

well since no one can tell me what they do im going to say they can build basically anything, go anywhere a bacteria can, and can eat almost anything,

That'd be Grey Goo, self-replicating world-threatening nanomachines that can consume entire galaxies if left unchecked. Regular nanomachines could disintegrate something by methodically slicing it to dust, fix injured organs from the inside out, or be used to flash prototype a different object.

Tinkers powers are sorta like that, unless specified, there isn't really a limit and just comes down to you imagination.

as an extension, one character(Felchette) has a tinker tech pack that can assembles, on the fly, lengths of high strength chain. she isn't a tinker so she needs to get it serviced by one frequently but thats an example.

short answer, nanomachines can do everything you'd expect them to be capable of.

yes but if you had context it would be an extra-ordinarily descriptive metaphor.

yes, and then some. there are some things they cannot breach, and some powers cannot be interacted with in that way, but otherwise yes.

except the control of the nannies breaks down without more specialized tinker tech and the don't work so well

OP, would comboing Animate Construct and Presence negate Animate Construct's line of sight limitation?

well shit, with the new rules my Question/Rorschach hobo-vigilante build is a no go. Time to fall back on my motto for every video game ever. When in doubt, tank it out.

>Name
Hombre Armadillo
No idea why I'm going Mexican, but oh well.
>Backstory
Golden Age +10C +20P
Hero
Insert
Male
Adult
Dock Worker
>Costume
Thematic (7/20)
Flexible tan body armor, reminiscent of his namesake.
>Skills
Martial Arts (3/20
First Aid (0/20)
Parkour (-2/20)
>Shard
Natural Trigger (1/20)
>Drawbacks
Rough Start x1 (3/20)
>Perks
Blind Spot, because fuck precogs (0/16)
Noctis Cape, Because fuck sleep (0/15)
Power Slot (0/14)
>Gift
Are we allowed to take a gift in this thread? If we are Interludes is the most useful given the scenario
>Power
regeneration (4)
Barrier (2)
Peak Condition (1)
Immunity (0)
>Hero Path
Protectorate
Fan Club:Hombre Armadillo! El tipo duro que tiene la espalda con una dura espalda!

Previously an unknown Mexican vigilante, he joined the protectorate so his family could have a more prosperous life in America.

This was fun.

I now imagine a PRT director stopping by home depot to pick up mexican day capes.

I hear the the PRT director picks up mexican capes at home depot to choke him in the shower.

Alright, I choose to be all of the Parahumans...

Name: Ink Incarnate

Description: [See attached image] Its power turns it into a vague humanoid composed entirely of black, ink-like ichor. It cannot change back to its human form.

Scenario: Golden Age (+10 B) (+20 R)

Path: Conspirator

Origin: Drop-in (+3 B) (+3 R)

Civilian Identity: No Identity (+2 B)

Costume: [None]

Skills: Stealth (-3 B), Tactics (-4 B), Martial Arts (-4 B)

Shard: Zion (+3 B)

Perks: Second Trigger (-4 B) (-3 R), Second Trigger (-4 B) (-3 R)

Flaws: Case 53 Lvl.2 (+2 R)

Gifts: Plot Relevance

Powers: Infection Lvl.2 (-10 R), Presense Lvl.2 (-2 R), Copy Cat Lvl.1 (-2 R)

Path Specific: [None]

B: 10 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 18 – (3 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 4) = 1
R: 20 + 3 + 2 = 25 – (3 + 3 + 10 + 2 + 2) = 5

Has anyone mentioned the idea of having something akin to 2nd trigger skills.

Something like
Martial arts > Expert Martial artist
Tactics > Battlemind

That sort of thing.

Mhm...

Changing a couple things:

> Remove Second Trigger on Presence (+4 B) (+3 R)

> Add Power Slot (-1 R)

> Add No Clip Lvl.1 (-2 R)

> Add Strategy (-5 B)

You're way over point limit due to all of the those STs. Also Drop In is banned as an origin.

Miscalculated and missed Conspirator. Still has the Drop in issue.

Still looking for players?

Drop-in ban was not mentioned in the original posts, but whatever...

> Remove Drop-in (-3 B) (-3 R)

> Add Insert {Teenage Male}

> Add Worst Day Ever Lvl.3 (+6 B) (+3 R)

"Worst Day Ever" (TM) in the fluff was when Taylor got his Trigger event, so this dude should probably trigger pretty fast. His ability to control his power will be shite though
>endbringer target
yeah he is dead

Yes, it was.