Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

The End of all Things Edition: What was the most dire your campaign has ever become, or the most dire your campaign was?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So apparently the "adventurers guide" redid some shit like the lore warden. Is any of it any good? Does anyone have screencaps of it?

I believe the rumor is that pretty much all of the adventurers guide reworks are crap. The lore warden in particular is a world of unnecessary nerfs.

KITSUNE POSTER TRIED TO SAVE US FROM AUGUNAS BUT YOU WOULDN'T LET HIM

Would you burn a spell slot to reroll a save?

I would kill for a reroll on a save

Reposting since I caught the end of the last thread.

>DAA
>Happening

Has Broody lost his magical waifu touch?

Would you spend two feats for a reroll on a save?

Give him time, proper Waifucrafting is a long and arduous process.

Rinka apparently had like 3+ Iterations before being what she is now

If one feat gives me +2 in said save like Iron Will and so on.

What backstories are thematically fitting for a Tiefling Cossack that is former explorer/conquistator of NotSiberia?

Then what you want is improved Iron WIll: Get a single reroll per day on fort saves. Prerequisite: Iron Will

Even if it happened to be a 7th level spell slot?

I'm working on arcanas for Tome Smiter

What stats do you need for a Monk? If you have those stats, is it a high-tier or even just better class?

Ryoko has all the elements of a primo waifu, she's a catgirl ninja

Maybe Broodie burnt out their waifucrafting abilities.

Strength, Dex, Con, Wis.

Even with those stats you're not great.

A proud daddy who cared not for the horns upon his son's forehead and taught him the ways of the cossacks despite his buddies giving him the stink eye!

Forced conscript from a noble family or some such and they threw their bastard tiefling son at them said "here, he's our blood, now go fuck yourself with it" but tiefling became big and handsome explorer.

Suicidal edgelord who just wants to die, but exploring doesn't get you killed fast enough.

I know, that's what I assumed that's what they were referencing.

I'm a foreverDM, but the players failed to keep the world as they knew it afloat, so it fell and crashed down to the actual planetary surface.

It turned out to be the flying corpse of a dragon god that gave its life in ancient times to become a sky continent for everyone to flee to. The reason was that the surface of the world was overrun in horrors because Chaos Rifter cultists succeeded in making a giant rift to the infinite chaos that is the Far Realm.

So after crashing, the surviving civilizations on top had to get their walls back up fast because the scattered Easy Mode monsters they were used to would soon be replaced by ceaseless Nightmare Mode ones.

But it's okay, the rift is currently plugged by something too big to fit through. Unless there are still Chaos Rifters waiting for a chance to help it out, in which case the world could stand to get quite a bit worse.

I'm sad as hell that we're on indefinite hiatus though

The king is the princess's brother, not her widower father and about 10 years Ceraphine's junior. It could still work as a kind of cute genderswapped Vailimir, but it's not as perfect as the grieving widower angle.

Party managed to avoid a CR 22 homebrew encounter the DM brewed up
DM didn't take this well. See the encounter was this super-ghost undead, and the party basically spun it a story about how sad people back home would be if the heroes died just like how the super-undead's family basically burnt themselves at the stake to protest her dying.
Super undead spared them, but then see it got into her head that since she was undead and remembered her past life and her old friends, there was literally no reason EVERYONE couldn't do that so now the Heroes have discovered that literally the entire world is undead, except for them, because the DM decided to make the super-undead a hyper undead and bumped it to CR 35 or some shit.

Well your GM is shit. Bail now, but not before slapping him for a good minute or so.

>CR 35
Hastur is CR 29. Chthulu is CR 30. Mephistopheles and Charon are CR 30. Tawil at'Umr is CR 30. The Black Butterfly is CR 28. You could be fighting all six of these together and by CR rules that's weaker than this undead. What the fuck is she?

There's a bar of apocalypse-level you can pass where the mortals deciding to invade and take over Hell is more appealing than living on the material plane you know.

Can anyone sell me on the Hunter class? What's it do in a nutshell? Can it be used as a Melee fighter?

On a related note, can Strength ever be superior to Dexterity? The race I'm playing has a dex penalty.

I mean he told us from the start she was a lesser deity but yeah this is retarded
Apparently we don't have tofight her anymore at least

What can she DO?

>TFW you've been working on a lovable prostitute app for Ensoulment, but now everybody's going to assume you did it because it was mentioned last thread

It's better than Ranger even at being melee. It has a good animal companion and nice spells.

Use your 3 extra feats you'll have above a dex build to do something more productive than having around +5 initiative +5 AC +5 Reflex would be. I believe in you.

I'd assume it still is, apparently exhack has been sick so he hasn't updated the threads at all

>Lesser deity
Every other "lesser deity" caps at CR30 (in this including Baba Yaga who is two steps away from being a god just by the merit of being that strong) and anything that is stronger is a demi-god, who wins fights by slightly shifting their point of balance.

She is stronger than creatures that are only a step weaker than demi-gods.

Well she's got True Seeing, Clarivoyant Blindsight out to five fucking miles, Aura of Obliteration (save or die as Implosion, save twice against all stats, DC 45) up to 150 ft at will, Greater Power Word Kill at will (aka Memento Mori up to 250 HP), etc.

Don't worry user! Nobody will judge or bully for it!

Do it anyway. Who cares about the thread?

>save or die as Implosion, save twice against all stats, DC 45) up to 150 ft at will
>Memento Mori up to 250 HP
*sound of powerleveltard fapping furiously*

>Aura of Obliteration
So what, Unspeakable Presence but a hundred times more fuck you?

What does it have besides death effects

She can use every spell in the spellbook as many times as she wants and she casts twice a turn and has +90 on all saving throws, but DM didn't tell me much else
I mean look we don't have to fight her, I think he knows he jerked off too hard this time and our mission has just become "manage to kill her guards to get to her and convince her that this isn't working out".

That is an incredibly impressive ass, not going to lie.

To quell your concerns, who cares? Let the app speak for itself! If you weren't allowed to use a concept that was mentioned in this thread, there wouldn't be any concepts left to apply with!

That's still pretty fucking retarded.

>She can use every spell in the spellbook as many times as she wants and she casts twice a turn and has +90 on all saving throws
So it's Cook's dream basically

I guess the question is, "what kind of prostitute?"

Because let's face it, prostitutes come in all shapes and sizes. Is she a common alley whore working tricks for coppers, a courtesan richly garbed in silk and samite whose mind and tongue is more desired than the warmth she brings to a bedroom, or the former becoming the latter?

Or the latter becoming the former
That's hot

Wow this is bad gming incarnate.

I mean, i get it, she can't be killed. Don't make a sheet or any kind of numbers for that class of NPCs. Its a basic rule. Even more if pcs aren't mean to have that kind of power or have something that could hurt her.

Has anyone tried to do a murder mystery or cop campaign in PF? I'm writing up two murder mysteries set in Magnimar ("The Case of the Brass Knockers" and "The Case of the Bare-Faced Lye"), but I have a nasty feeling my players will switch to smitebot mode should they run into any sort of criminal, whether they're the actual culprit or not. Do I have to break the players of that mindset, and if so, how?

Thing is we were meant to fight her so she already had a sheet.
She actually had the Aura before, it just counted as a constant Wail of the Banshee instead of this garbage. She had Clarivoyant Blindsight, just only out to 120. She had 'really high' saves (+22 / +29 / +31 or something I think), just not +90.

>Or the latter becoming the former
Girl didn't get into the business just to waggle her tongue all day, sometimes she likes to do a bit of "charity" with the common man and get the raw stuff as a reward.

Make her a vigilante with "respectable courtesan" as her face and "saucy tart" as her disguise, throw in Companion to the Lonely and you've got something scary.

I played in something like that once in Dark Heresy. But it's easy to do cop campaigns when there's literally a Judge Dredd the Class in the CRB.

I should have clarified that the players are supposed to be P.I.s, so I DON'T want them to be smitebots. I guess I use "cop show/campaign" to refer to any investigative/procedural show. Also, I definitely can't use Vigilantes because I don't have the physical book and my friends are anal about that sort of thing.

You wanna do Law and Order, don't you?!

I really don't get you people trying to use PF for anything other than high fantasy hijinks.

Not really. From what I've read, Magnimar doesn't have much in the way of lawyers, and the crims the cases are about are the type that no lawyer would defend. "The Brass Knockers" is about a cleric of Urgathoa that killed a burlesque dancer stage-named Brass so he could resurrect her as his corpse-bride, while "The Bare-Faced Lye" is about a professional killer that murders ex-cons and their families,
disposes of them with stolen laundry chemicals, and seems to report to the city watch...

Because my group is stubborn and only knows PF. There are better systems, but it's the only one they know.

Please get a better group, there are so many better systems for what you're going for and with way less rules headaches than PF.

>Also, I definitely can't use Vigilantes because I don't have the physical book and my friends are anal about that sort of thing.
"friends"

Tell them that they're a bunch of morons.

How does one arcane trickster?

Wizard with VMC rogue, then pick the feat for extra sneak attack to qualify.

That seems a little too easy.

What do you think Golarion calls Rock-Paper-Scissors
Fighter-Rogue-Trap?
Succubus-Cleric-Lich?
Rock-Scroll of Stone to Mud-Masterwork Tools?

just play an eldritch scoundrel rogue

It also makes Arcane Trickster actually good, since you lose no caster levels.

Also make sure you go evangelist after your first AT level to fix your shit BAB

Sneaks, Brutes and The Law

Paladin-Rogue-Succubus
Paladin smites the Rogue
Rogue mindbreaks the Succubus
Succubus makes Paladin lose all his class abilities

That's silly. Succubi get dominate person and Rogues have bad will save.

If anything, it should be Paladin-Succubus-Rogue.
Paladin smites Succubus
Succubus dominates Rogue
Rogue backstabs Paladin.

Succubus wouldn't have the heart to dominate the charming rogue

That's because it doesn't have a heart at all.

Muh NG succubus

What're two good classes to gestalt if you have high Strength, Wisdom, Intelligence/Charisma and Constitution, but poor Dexterity?

I rolled. My low stat will always go into Dexterity because I don't want to cheese.

Warder//any int caster

List yo stats son
Arcanist || Warder or Arcanist || Paladin sounds good to me

Brutal Slayer Stalker on one side so you don't get screwed over by poor dex. Then, depending on highest of your mentals, Soulknife or Occultist (Panoply nets you full BAB) or Paladin

What sources do you have available? any 3pp, or are you limited to 1pp?

Shilling my game again
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs

I rolled 11, 15, 18, 17, 18 and 16.

DSP are OK, my DM said to pass the rest by him.

is that in order?

Did you listen to ANYTHING we said last couple times you shilled?

So do 18 INT, 17 WIS, 18 DEX, 16 CON, 15 CHA and 11 STR and go Arcanist || Sphere Incanter and show people what a real fullcaster looks like

No, they can be any order I want them to be, hence why I'm asking for classes.

with that, you're basically set up for anything. what do you want to play as - a warrior type, skillmonkey, mage, priest, or something else?

Be an Unchained Monk, a Magus, an Investigator, etc. Melee classes that want all physical stats and a mental. You don't have to dump Dex to nerf yourself, just don't take Weapon Finesse or anything.

Aye, but still got enough votes for me to consider putting up the application.
And then, running evil JR, CoCT or RotR is not that interesting to me.

Evil is not the angle most people want to dangle, user. We want homebrew or campaigns ran straight, an "evil" version of an existing product just limits your options more than enriches them.

A WotR campaign with Gestalt, 40 PB and level 4 would've been the stuff of meme legends!

>Evil Hells rebels

>Not only are you lackies, you're lackeys to the most bitch-tier villian in pathfinder history

JUST RUN HELL'S VENGEANCE YOU TWAT.

If he runs Hell's Vengeance, can I be a cute merfolk who grapples people!?

Nibba the fuck you askin me for

Basically anything works with that then. Play an initiator.

Read the fucking premise. You aren't playing lackeys to Bazzy Thrune, you are getting dirt on him and setting him up for failure.

>Just run hell's vengeance.
Well, show me more interest. I get 9 or more r20 pms requesting Hell's Vengeance instead on non throwaway accounts (since that's how many votes for Hell's Saboteurs I got), I'll run it.

>basing this off r20 pms

Ok just fuck off and run your roll20 normie game then, bitch

How do I otherwise get to confirm it's not a single faggot spamming the same message 9 times, then?

>setting up Bazzy Thrune to fail

Seems like a double negative.

Alright, correction, setting him up to fail in a way that none of the blame falls onto you, screwing the rebels from taking over Kintargo, and getting control of Kintargo and perhaps even further power.

Do Kytons reproduce like people?
I'm reading the Iron Gods set and in two different books it mentions that there is a group of Kytons attempting to make more of themselves from humans and technology.

While a very interesting idea I'm not sure why this is represented as a terrible thing that will have dire repercussions for mortals on multiple planets.

... Sounds incredibly boring

like hell's rebels but worse

Fuck if you're gonna run 'evil' hell's rebels, why don't you just make your own evil campaign rather than running an AP gone evil

Because i am a sad masochist i will be playing in a paizo only rotr campaign. Is spirit channeler medium any good? Would Fighter be worthwhile if i convinced my DM to give me combat stamina?
So its not an "evil" campaign, its a "chaotic" campaign. Most neutral or lawful evil characters would want to side with house Thrune, due to their legitimate rule and tendency to reward servants.

For Ensoulment, I did want to make a character concept, but not sure that it fits.

To be specific, he's an ex-brigand who repented his evil ways and is now a worshipper of Sarenrae struggling to live up to her teachings. It's easy for him to destroy the wicked, but the mercy part's a lot tougher, and he still has the impulse to loot everybody the party kills. While tragically flawed, he's supposed to represent the hope of rising up from the darkness, even in the troubled times that everybody must endure.

A mortal can become a kyton as showcased in Reign of Winter. They can also be created by gods as with any outsider. All it needs is a sufficient level of sadomasochism and another kyton coming to you and saying "Hello, my name is Kyton Price, and I'd like to share with you the most amazing hook."