/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Who or what would your character be willing to pay the ultimate price for?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljuf?Class-Preview-The-Soldier
oregonpioneers.com/wagon.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A good chicken sandwich.

Living vicariously through possessed bodies has its perks.

For those who didn't see last thread, there is light on the horizon.

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljuf?Class-Preview-The-Soldier

Whether it proves to be the dawn or an angler fish luring us in so it can eat us is yet to be seen.

When are we getting information on cybernetic enhancements, nanotechnology, robotics and more?

TL;dr
Paizo merges Fighter and Ranger, may have outdone both

>GOOD
>WILL
>SAVE

FUCKING FINALLY

JEREMUS

They said in this very blog post that they'll be handling other stuff than class reveals for Starfinder next week, and they've already handled starships. They'll likely want to wait a while for the magic stuff, what with the Technomancer being delayed, so that means next week is either lore (which they've done a bunch of already) or equipment.

Same as errybody else, really. Love, honor, and to protect those he cares for. I expect he will sometime fairly soon, Tier 5 in a party of initiators and casters and all.

>Good Will Save
>Fighting Styles
>Weapon Focus applies to ALL weapons
>Still gets bonus feats, all the feats
>Can handle Heavy Weapons, longarms and advanced armor
>4+Int with Class Skills like Engineering and Piloting

Where were you when being the straight Fight-Man was not only viable, but fun?

Reminder that there still exists a really easy and currently empty niche that could well guarantee you a place in ensoulment if you're willing to pander with mommy bait.

I know the PDF isn't out yet on the store, but does anyone have a link to all the shit in Legacy of the First World?

Protag doesn't feel like a lewdmemers

What an ugly character.

I feel like I wouldn't be able to get along with Protagonist as a DM even though I'm interested in the campaign. He seems too nice. I need DMs that'll tell me when to shut up or fuck off, because otherwise I'm going to keep pushing what I can do in a game.

Unless this is all an elaborate trap to make suffer the poor suckers that get in.

Hold the fucking phone. Based on that last thing we saw with starships, there shouldn't be anything stopping a soldier with a fighter jet from being an ace pilot except stats. If there's any class that can accomplish gunnery, piloting, and maneuvering all in one, this is probably it.

So you can be a badass both in the air and on the ground.

It's not so much lewdmeme as it is filling in the missing piece to the currently strongest application's Arthurian Romance archetype.

>currently strongest application
Ceraphine? Ceraphine's counterpart would literally be a daddy so

>So you can be a badass both in the air and on the ground.

Why stop at Starships? Let's go all the way with this, brother!

Soldiers can also be Gunship pilots.

>Who or what would your character be willing to pay the ultimate price for?

Not a damned thing. Nothing is better than the sheer thrill of living and seeking pleasures in this world!

>Young man she can dote on
>Older type she can rely on

WHICH SHOULD IT BE?

I want Franze to step on me!

Wouldn't piloting also apply to Combat Mechs?

Good god, why is this class so hype.

>Possible to be Fox McCloud or Falco Lombardi
It's getting hard not to get hype. You can be a VOTOMS pilot pretty easily with all this

Macrophile pls go

He's just really narrativistic. All the homebrew hes allowes has been allowed after an explanation of why they need those mechanics for the narratice they want to write, and he seems the type that would prefer sacrificing mechanical consistancy for narrative rather than forcing the other way around. He hasnt said so, but that kind of person tends to HATE highly optimised characters, and I doubt anyone who uses the slack character rules for that purpose will get into the game.

One of each

>TFW Captain Slow applies with Ceraphine's supposedly dead husband

user, we're getting hyped at Starfinder's fighter class, what should be the most boring and generic class in the system.

So there was a lot of shitposting about DHB last thread. What's his new character like? Apparently he changed a lot?

Why do you want MORE shitposting about him? Haven't you caused enough suffering already?

Or her husband's killer.

It doesn't seem ready to be reviewed just yet. I'll take a look when he's done reconstructing his app.

What do you want to discuss here? Other Flower Court apps? Other /pfg/ games? Pathfinder?

I know. It's fucking terrifying.

Maybe we're just so desensitized to other things having neat abilities, but the moment the particularly mundane class comes out of the woodwork and actually looks good, suddenly everybody is freaking out.

Because a lot of people have just wanted to play a goddamn hero without needing to rely on finger waggling, reality raping magic in order to do anything useful. Magic users ever being anything other than villains was a mistake, and while Starfinder might not fix that entirely, at least it's making regular people competent enough to do stuff on their own merit.

Hell, in some cases even better than the finger-wagglers. Somehow I doubt a technomancer would pilot a combat back even half as well as a soldier.

VIGILANTE EFFECT

What if the husband was in on the attack and his philosophical ideal is bringing more power to the people of Lote?

Looking at that ugly fucker, I hope we have other machine PC options than just androids. I want to play a battle robot, not something that looks vaguely human.

Maybe not, but they might enable a combat mech to transform into a space fighter jet for improved speed and maneuverability

Agreed, the technomancer might have a couple of tricks but the soldier looks like they'll still pull ahead. Just so long as the spells that can usurp other classes or provide instant solutions to problems are removed, things should work out rather well.

So! Who all's excited for the weekend? Any big plans, game-related or otherwise?

Why are faggots saying this is an ugly character? Looks like a manly-as-fuck Matt Damon

I mean, they'll still have a place - no matter what happens, it'll be a rare soldier that can effectively and efficiently deal with a ghost, whereas spellcasters should be able to handle that no problem.

But it's good to have the soldier feel like the top dog.

It's going to happen, user. I guarantee it.

IMO, most of the spells should be buffs on allies, debuffs on enemies, and that's it.

Pondering the cuteness of fennecs!

Also trying to figure out a solution for a player in my game who wants to change his character around a bit.

So he's got a duty to his people that conflicts with the duty to his wife? I love it!

Got RotJR, starting an L5R game, and I'll be finishing my app for Ensoulment. It's gonna be nice.

How about you FennecAnon? Any games you're looking forward to?

Applying to Ensoulment and potentially Fangwood!

Yeah, classes having a niche to fill is a good thing, and Starfinder seems to be finally letting the fighter/soldier types be properly impressive in a fight.

Why is that Fennec so gosh darn CUTE?

I've got SotJR tomorrow and I might work on an app for Flower Court. I've got some fun ideas for a character!

This meme just got interesting.

If Dexterity is tied to firearms and Piloting than Soldiers might be expert pilots!

One thing that caught my eye was the fact that they've apparently removed medium armor from the running, as the preview only mentions light and heavy armor.

Not totally sure how to feel about that.

>SotJR without an app in yet
Slow, is that you?

Help me anons I'm getting a private game up and running and both of my players might end up playing daddies what do I do?

I have never seen this picture in mount & blades.

Are you playing on the internet or in person?

My saturday game is cancelled, but that means I have more time to work on my Flower Court app.

Oh gosh, I need to hurry if Slow's getting in this

Internet. Also I need the ironfang books because the trove doesn't seem to have all of them

Med armor is kinda stupid. No one focuses on it. Either you're unarmored, wearing super light armor, or full plate.

Ha! Glad to see someone else liked my pic on the filename thread.

Medium Armor doesn't even functionally exist for most people, as most of the time you want "medium armor" it's considered light armor anyway (mithral lmao) so the designation is moot.

Could be, and would make some degree of sense in a setting where more combat takes place at range and there are likely Strength augmenting armors to help you carry gear or make up for not being a mountain of barbarian muscle.

I imagine that the light armor is going to be your bullet proof vests, flak armor, and maybe lighter space suits. Heavy armor might start at full SWAT gear and go on up through various reinforced space suits to power armor?

I suspect the distinction between heavy and light armor will primarily be one of rigidity.

Soft, relatively flexible armor (flak vests light space suits, possibly even SWAT equivalent gear) would fall into the light category, while heavy would be anything without flexibility; ceramic plating, metal, carbon-fiber hardsuits, and all the way up to power armor.

that's what happens when chargen is left up in the air and one of your players defaults to the same thing

Yes?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

How much weight is reasonable to put on a wagon? Like, 1000 pounds should be the hard limit, or so? A light horse can supposedly carry 525lbs max and go 28 miles a day, so that sounds good to me. I just don't want to get into an argument with my DM over how much shit I can put in my wagon, so I wanna be well under a reasonable limit.

lizard klingons and snowflake bugs?

Well, there's my weekly game. Apparently an NPC we'd been trusting died long before we even met him. I imagine a good part of this coming session will involve finding out who we've been talking to all this time.

2500, wheels and dragging make a big difference.

Ok. I want you to know I'm citing you as a source and expect you to be in thread if my DM challenges my number.

I'll be gone probably but a quick search shows that oregonpioneers.com/wagon.htm means even 3000 or so is technically safe.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with

aaaaaaa don't apply too fast! You'll overwhelm us! Be gentle!

I was joking, user, but I appreciate the real source. Thanks.

Yyyep, plus divergent mutant telepaths, machines who think they're people, four-armed nomads, and r@s.

And apparently, catfolk barbarians.

Y'all are a bunch of weirdos.

Baseline mechanic has an implanted AI? That's going a bit far for a standard circuit monkey, isn't it?
Standard being the key word, there.

Slow himself seems cool but I'll never understand Slowfags.

they also have the option to have a drone companion instead.

You should make a Jaime Lannister! He's my favorite!

What type of build are you looking at?

Slow is super cool. Intelligent, thoughtful, kind-hearted, and fun to talk to.

It does say Drones OR AI. Might be choice, might not. We'll have to see what our overlords give us in the coming months.

Wait what if there's a feat line to allow your AI to exit your noggin and become a Stand

Advanced shitposting, I'd wager.

Just build a robot shell for your AI you fucking nerd, not everything needs to be a JoJo reference!

Is that a motherfucking JoJo reference?!?

A hardlight 「STAND」 would be pretty cool, but I'm just a little iffy about every competent ship's engineer coming with a choice of head mates or bulky cargo.

As an advanced shitposter with nearly a decade of experience, I can vouch for this.

Yeah, but how's his ERP?

You're only going to have one Engineer on your ship, dude.

Are Flower Court apps supposed to be in first person or not?

>Yeah, but how's his ERP?
The gold standard

It's optional what perspective you submit it in.

They can but they don't have to be. Doing it in first person gives you a chance to portray their personality a bit better, I think. 3rd person lets you reveal information your character wouldn't tell the princess.

Do what feels right user

Can someone give me a quick rundown on Flower Court and just what the hell it is? Because all I know is Arthurian myth, autistic princess and mommy memes.