Who else would fuck Cain, cause Id fuck Cain

I know that the Caiphas Cain novels have been out for ages but I've only just picked Hero of the Imperium up and holy fuck.

I'm only 50 pages in and I am in love. The action, the dialogue, the humor. By the emperor's balls this books great.

I need more TG, and I need it now. Suggest books (I've got Gaunt on my todo list.)

Let me bump the request of anything on the level of Cain.

I know his character is a mix of Black Adder and Steel Rat by Garry Garison.

Please don't fuck Cain. The Inquisition might not like it.

Well... there is a second omnibus.

please don't!
imperial records show that whenever cain has his pecker wet bad shit happens!
it's bad karma!

Eisenhorn. But stop at that. Ravenor was a step down in quality and disapointing.

if you don't mind Space Marine books

Rynn's World and Legion of the Damned are in their own right really good to read despite LotD having very little of the LotD in it.

I have the first two omnibuses, and it beats most everything else the Black Library has put forth.
I still need to get the two newish novels but bookstores don't carry them ever.

Ravenor wasn't as good as Eisenhorn and a little slow in some parts but I'd say it's still definitely worth reading. Its good parts definitely make the bad parts worth reading.
Pariah too, though the first half was pretty damn boring (and super confusing due to certain things not being explained until much later). Still very much enjoyed its good parts. I don't ever expect to see Penitent make it out though. We haven't even gotten Warmaster yet and won't until December.

Remember, user, his ]I[ Waifu is noticeably colder towards anyone he's had sex with.
It's a surprisingly subtle touch.

Oh and I am certainly picking it up once I get down with the first book.

I was actually going to grab both of them but I decided to split the purchase for frugality reasons.

Anyone know why they haven't done a third omnibus? I held off on buying the individual novels for a while because I was expecting it.

Or did I just demonstrate the answer to my own question?

three books user,
Emperor's Finest
The Last Ditch
The Greater Good

while not as fun as the first six books (and the short stories) they are still very much so Cain

I'd kill for a third omnibus, but unlike the stories in the first two, the last three books aren't really linked with a common story arc from what I remember.

The Emperor's finest and The greater good are, as I recall.
And I think that the greater good has them studying about of the bioship found in The Last Ditch.

Yeah, Amberley's already got dibs on dat ass.

>mfw she shittalks everyone he fucks, then gets mysteriously more lenient when it becomes clear Cain's not that interested in them

I strongly suspect Sulla schlicked herself silly to Cain.

>fucking Cain
>when Regina Kasteen is right there

Even better is the end of Caves of Ice, where they're both in her private hotel room.

And she just happens to cut out several pages of narrative because it's "not really relevant".

Go to bed, Broklaw.

Did Mitchell stop writing 40k novels? Has he done anything in the last 5 years since he wrote the last Cain book?

Thanks, user.
Have you got any of the other short stories not in the omnibuses?

No. Sorry. Just that.

Jurgen was such a bro.

The saddest part is that Cain never encountered SamAss tier bottoms.

I'm fairly sure Amberly is based in part on Samus, user.

Plus most of the females Cain bones seem to be well padded.

He'd be a fantastic Lay. He'd be smug and *cocky* after the fact, sure, but have you seen the bodies on those guys who do HEMA? That alone is worth putting up with a little post coitle bad banter.

Bet Amberley dommed though.

>tfw it's implied Cain never told Amberly he loved her, and that she lost her composure when she found out that he did
>tfw not even Amberly, the closest thing he ever had to a confidant, knew the true him
>tfw Jurgen was probably his only true friend, and he died decades before Cain did

It's a genuinely bleak and grim kind of feel.

I don't get why you spergs love this guy so much.

The author tosses a few lame "jokes" into the story and suddenly Cain is known as the funniest thing to come out of 40k.

Is that the fucking appeal? That the universe is so GRIMDARK that if anyone makes even a bad attempt at humor, it's literally the funniest thing around because it's the only thing around? Is it that whole "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" kind of deal? Aren't orks funny enough?

Jesus, go pick up a copy of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy if you want funny.

my heartiest kek from any of the books was when Sulla reacted with outraged indignation at the spaceship captain not believing Cain was infact the actual real Commissar Cain.

I just imagine the most butt devastated expression

1) Characters that are actually likable
2) Levity that contrasts well with the truly shitty situations they get in, but more importantly the knowledge of when to be serious
3) Smaller level conflicts, meaning the glaring issues 40k has with scale become less annoying
4) Exploration of False Hero Syndrome
5) Non asshole Blackadder/Flashman in space
6) Doesn't tie down lore and viciously rape it

Are you kidding? I bet she did. And I bet I wouldn't mind if she included me next time. I have no idea how it would physically play out but i'm sure Cain's imagination and Amberley's inquisitorial training would make for a great time.

I dont really like the character, rather I like how the characters frame the world they live in. The most poignant moment in the series for me is when Cain ordered a bunch of his guards to gun down some innocent PDF troops at a checkpoint. The impact of that moment only works because of how light and jovial Cain likes to present himself. I like the series because in its best moments its about people dealing with conflict rather then the conflict itself (or how BADASS people can be) like most WH40K fiction.

My personal favourite was when Cain remembers the guide that got him out of the desert and died at the Dam, then has a moment of depression he realises he can't remember why he looked like

It's mentioned somewhere that Jurgen was there at Cain's funeral. Though that's assuming the sheer amount of people who're unaware Cain's buried with full honors didn't cause a zombie Cain to be wandering the Imperium somewhere.

>implying Cain didn't fake his death just so they'd stop badgering him

I'm pretty sure Amberly would find him somehow. For all we know, there's a naked Cain chained up in Amberly's space ship somewhere.

Thats too lewd, even for the inquisition

>implying Amberley wouldn't use Cain to satisfy all her sexual urges to make sure Slaanesh could never tempt her

Amberley commented that he retired like three times and was honestly too old to be a hero any more around the age 200.
faking his death is possible, but he'd never do it due to his fear of being found and having his reputation tarnished.
He probably died when the vox rang unexpectedly and he was already thinking "oh god they want me to dual a traitor primarch" when in reality Guilliman was on the other end wanting him to come to Macragge and advise on the next crusade

>Man, my grandpa's Eighty five, and his fatigue of life is already wearing him out, he said he wouldn't mind dying as he's just so done with everything.
I can't imagine what a two hundred year olds life reflections must be like

In cains life

>Man, getting a piece of Amberleys ass made all that shit worth it

>I'm only 50 pages in

That's why you like it. After the first omnibus you'll notice that the same jokes and tropes get used in every single story, and the novelty wears thin pretty fucking fast.

still loved every single book. Jeah, he overuses some sayings ("If I knew X, I wouldnt have done Y!", "Jurgens body odour")
also the fanaticism, and even as "emperor botherer" hater and usually absolutly pragmatic cain doesnt see xenos or heretics as people, Amberly read books about burning sorcerers on the stakes (with illustrations) and is very much beliving in machine spirits.

There's some truth to that, and the first two in particular have annoyingly similar plot structures. The prose isn't great, either.

I love them anyway.

>fucking a superior officer
That's against regulations.

Literally everybody comments on her being absurdly attractive though. Redhead, eyes, massive tits (plus cleavage), great ass and legs, it's ridiculous.

>keeps a window open
>obviously just likes the fresh air

>he recoiled, as they always did in the face of The Commissar's authority

Not to mention Mitchell's obsession with genestealers

Never even got around to a book of Cain's experience with the Dark Eldar that he mentions every novel

>not recoiling before the authority of Commissar Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Imperium
>disapproving_jurgens_meltablast.jpg