Do you listen to Veeky Forums related podcast?

Do you listen to Veeky Forums related podcast?

Just Nerd Poker, now that it's back. Used to listen to The Adventure Zone but then I got tired of it.

I like Nerd Poker because it's as much about them just fucking around as it is about playing, but they also manage to keep them separate. Like, when it comes time to play the game they're actually good players. I feel like with The Adventure Zone there's a little too much of them just being like "and then I smash his head in lol" even if it doesn't make sense for the situation.

I'm interested in hearing how far in you got, because I started it relatively recently and I haven't had any problems so far.
To answer the question I listen to TAZ and Dice, Camera, Action if that counts. I also like GM Word of the Week even though I hate Angry DM's shitty articles.

Just Critical Role on my second screen when I work or paint models. Comfy background noise when Marisha isn't screaming like a retard which is happening a lot lately.

I've got an on-and-off relationship with TAZ. My brother swears by it and I've listened to some, and I also hear it gets better. It's pretty alright, though I don't see what the big fuss is. Way better than a lot of other stuff out there.

I listen to EZA's Tabletop Escapades regularly, but that's because I support the group, not because it's particularly great. They play fast and loose and it's driven more by personality by anything else.

I tried Critical Role and got pretty bored, though I will admit Mercer does a good job DMing.

I like podcasts about roleplaying games like System Mastery, Fear the Boot, etc, but I have a hard time getting into actual plays. I think I just hate the typical first episode where they make dudes and get a feel of their new characters.

Schemes and Stone is also pretty great if you like Malifaux or at least have a passing interest in it.

She's gotta prove she's still relevant, even though Grog stomped her and played baseball with the body.

Actual plays generally make me want to stab myself in the ears. Ones with both good quality production and bearable players are very rare. Currently I'm only listening to Critical Hit(long running 5e d&d campaign) and the Archology podcast(Shadowrun 5e).

Recently started with Fear the Boot. Also listening to Live from Barsaive because there's very little Earthdawn content out there and the Grognard Files because I'm an oldfag and I need my nostalgia fix

I really enjoy Film Reroll. TAZ is okay.
Haven't much liked any others I've watched or seen.

God, how I wish that Kilobops would update.
I love that 'cast.
They still have a good archive, though.

Samefag: I forgot to mention; I currently listen to 'Roleplaying Public Radio' and 'The Drunk and The Ugly'.

I gave up listening to Critical Role. Nothing in particular put me off it; I just gradually lost interest.

I enjoy the film reroll, they play through movies with gurps. Shit tends to go off the rails pretty quick.

TAZ is the only tg related podcast I listen to. I mostly listen to history podcasts and the greatest generation star trek podcast.

TAZ is pretty fun. Griffin gets better as a DM later but the dynamic between them all keeps me tuning in.

Dungeon Master's Block. Great DM-ing advice that, while it definitely leans towards D&D, is definitely solid and provided my non-autistic, socially capably DM'S. Plus they have some great guest stars.(Authors, Writers, Game Company directors, Keith Baker)

Campaign is my absolute favourite

I'm interested in the new Shadowrun series they're supporting in their network too, though I haven't listened to it yet

I listened to Adventure Zone some, it didn't really hook me. Some nice moments in there.

Friends at the Table do some really good stuff

Penny Arcade's C Team has an excellent cast but something about it hasn't grabbed me. I don't really give a shit about where they are or what they're doing. It's good to have on a second screen though.

There's about 90 other shows I'd love to watch but I don't even have time for these four

Yog Radio was the best RPG-related podcast I ever listened to back in the day, when they had free lets plays.

Now it's behind a paywall and I'm too cheap to subscribe.

Not the guy you're responding to, but I got to episode 60.
DO NOT listen to The The Adventure Zone Zone episodes. They aren't part of the story, and it was really the second one that killed it for me.

Got up to the crystal dimension one and gave up. My other issue is that it's a little too sci-fi for me. Like, it's all robots and scientists and stuff. That's not what I want in a game of D&D!

Is anyone else a fan of the Glass Cannon Podcast?

I've been listening to allot u of Drunks and dragons. It's not the best, but I fucking love a couple of the people on it. Currently on ep 103 with still a hundred to go.
The players aren't very good, and one of them is frustratingly cursed at rolling, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

This. It really bothers me when there's obvious pandering and people still eat it up...
But whatever, i want to finish it the story before I give up completely.
You want some good lulz, lurk on their Facebook page.

Once the end is over, maybe Clint will get to DM. I would love to see what setting he could make.

I've tried other actual play casts but Nerd Poker and Adventure Time are the only ones that I felt like continuing past an episode or two because every other one I tried felt bad at being a podcast.

Real happy Nerd Poker is back even if Ken's Awake Apnea is fucking nuts so far in the new episodes.

Christ you named the exact thing that left such a sour taste in my mouth.
"Taco has a twin Sister! I was going to name her Chalupa to keep going with the joke... BUUUUT SOME of our fans make fanart that makes Taco look KINDA Mexican, (Sun Elf are tan Griffin, it's in the damn rulebook) so I won't make the joke because that would be offensive! AND SHE'S TRANS! Not that that will ever actually be mentioned or anything."
It mad me just so... tired of it all, ya know? If it doesn't impact the story, why bother? Why tell us about a joke, that I found rather funny honestly, if you aren't going to use it? I Still listen to MBMBaM because it's funny, but I don;t know if I'll ever finish TAZ.

Have you heard the latest episode? Not only does he breathe heavily throughout but they decide to order a pizza beforehand and he's eating it through the whole thing. It's a goddamn nightmare.

That aside I'm digging it so far, even though Dan seems to only have one character voice

I'm fine with no character voices, given that he's willing to provide named NPCs who don't immediately default to "giant murder" as an interaction.

And yeah, Ken eating was worth the disclaimer.

I'm on episode three right now. Pretty fun group, but the best this is that they all speak clearly.

Not a podcast, but I watch Thrilling Intent on youtube.

Oh man I forgot about that. Like fifty episodes straight of nothing but giants. That was pretty terrible.

I do, but it certainly takes a turn past the episode 15 mark or so. From intrigue to straight up combat simulator with occasional downtime.

I still enjoy it, but it's very different now, aside from Episode 100.

Blaine is a decent player and really contributes a a lot to the comedy of the show... but fucking hell was I glad when he stopped DMing. It was just so, so dead.

TAZ is a bit weak at time, but the goofs keep coming even at the worst of times.
I'm slowly making my way through Friends at the Table's Counter/Weight and it doesn't have the same chemistry, but it's fine to fill in when I have nothing else to listen to.

Yeah, already-dead-for-sad-points GM fiat sister being trans in a way that does not inform the character at all is super fucking iffy. On the plus side, it never comes up again, so you can kinda just write it off.

I used to listen to some Roleplaying Public Radio game sessions, but that's about it. It gave me one of my fave pitches for a Delta Green scenario ever.

I wished Spoony recorded his sessions. They're almost lost now, some of them are podcasts on Soundcloud but that won't go far. For all he did, he did set challenges and engaging story arcs.

A lot of RPG shows are hit or miss. Actually, mostly miss, including mine. Slow pacing and players jerking off to their jokes and questions about the rules really doesn't want me to spend time on it.

Oh shit I didn't know need poker was back! Thanks patrician taste user

Only Can hammer. Most Veeky Forums related podcasts are hosted by Nu males who want to call everything problematic. I just want fucking game talk you faggots

I am listening to an rppr actual play right now. I listened to cthulhu and friends for awhile, but after the first season it goes to shit. Crit juice is excellent, but unfortunately dead. Super stoked to hear nerd poker is back.

I really like rppr just because of the variety. Most other shows focus on the single campaign they are running, rppr does a shit load of oneshots and short campaigns. Also, their call of cthulhu and eclipse phase shit is top fucking notch.

The sound engineer can't come fast enough. Thank God Blane isn't DM anymore.

I listen to TAZ, it still makes me laugh and reminds me of how cringe-y people new to D&D are - especially 100% new groups. It's nostalgic that I walked this path of shitting on goblins and eventually went PbtA and now don't give a fuck and have fun with multiple systems.

Nerd Poker, Dungeons and Dragons and Drunks (though I don't even like it really), Friends at the Table (it's a good listen despite the smugness), Critical Role, Dice Camera Action! (Probably the one I was most invested in before leaving Barovia), and one shots like Geek & Sundry's Paranoia or Rollplay R&D (Saga of the Icelanders was particularly great).