mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1rNmIaIayWK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for lorgar did nothing wrong

Dont you mean Magnus did nothing wrong?

Third for new marine tech is reverse engineered tau tech

Xth for nids BTFO by the real protags and antags.

I've got a nice collection of different armies so at least I should have ONE that's good, but which one should I try first?

Which Index, do you think, will be the most fun?

Rogal Dorn is alive and he told me he's gonna build a huge wall

GSC and friends, but only because you can crash a ford full of three armed morons into a land raider and the plow welded to the front can conceivably kill it.

I'm liking these detachments, really opens up the possibilities.

Fun fact: Charging bonus attack and two weapon bonus attack are both gone.

Better hope your army's assault units got their attack stat bumped up a few notches!

Have this feeling that Xenos are gonna get really fucked.

People hate Eldar/Tau shooting shit, so probably nerfed. Orks getting meme 'buffs'.

Swarmlord is crappy as fuck except for his one ability.

>Spearhead+Outrider
>2 Destroyer lords for HQ tax, 6 units of destroyers in outrider detachment, 4 units of heavy destroyers in spearhead detachment

The D Cult's still in business babe!

Deldar gunboats are confirmed better, though. They don't get penalties for moving.

>*teleprots hive fleet behind you*
>eh, nothin personnel, nid
>*unsheaths chaos*

one week from release and the fluff is already shit

That's why Choppas and Chainswords grant +1 attack, pistols can be fired in CC, and units like Genestealers get +1 attack for having 10+ models in the unit.

Spearhead for Guard, oh yes.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>NPCs believed they could take Baal
>NPCs believed they could kill the Blood Angels
>NPCs believed they weren't second string villains

OHOHOHOHO

>Carnac can't read
No matter how things change, they stay the same

>Lord with jumps
>Termie Sorcerer
>2 Units of Raptors
>Lightning Claw + Combi plas termies with reaper
>Contemptor with Dreadclaw
>2 units of AC Havoks, unit of ML Havoks, and unit of LC Havoks

Where do the NPC race do any of those things?

It seems a lot of assault units are getting a "We've added a rule to your melee weapon saying you get more attacks because reasons" which basically means nothing has changed except for if GW decides arbitrarily that some assault units don't get this rule.

This was supposed to be the edition that cut down on rule bloat, but they've just taken existing special rules, replaced them with a thousand unit specific copies and relocated them to the unit datasheet.

At least before if someone told me their unit had the Counter-attack special rule, I knew what that meant without further explanation. Now it will be "He who hits last, hit's harder" and myriad other versions.

I want to play Grey Knights, i dont know the 8th ed rules (i dont think there were any leaks) but what are like the first 5-6 units i should consider purchasing? I like the model for Voldus so i wanted to use him. Thoughts/opinions?

Reminder that Nids should get the Necron treatment.

So a friend and I are going to likely stick to 7th until things shake down a bit more. He plays Chaos, specifically Black Legion, and I do Imperial Fist space marines.

We did a game yesterday of 'capture the base'. We both had a base (AV 16, 5 HP) in our deployment zone and 3 generators (AV 12, 2 HP) in a bubble between 6 and 12 inches away from it. Destroying a generator lowered the base's AV by 1.

I brought pic related, and he brought a Black Legion Speartip. We agreed to minimal flyers/drop pods, but I was okay with him using a Dreadclaw for Abbadon and his Plasma Chosen. The rest of the list was a Raptor Talon with meltaguns, a rhino with meltagun tacticals, a squad of bikers with a biker lord - the lord had a relic that did d3 automatic penetrating hits to whatever it hit, once per game. He also had some combi-plas terminators in there. Very deep strike-heavy, but equally at the whims of the scatter die throughout.

He deep struck his raptors near my base, between the generators and the base itself. Gutsy move, but it wound up working out for him, as he took the base out turn 2 with a meltagun, and a lucky 6 on the building damage chart. Well, 8, but 6+2.

It was fun as fuck, but how would you all recommend changing my list up to keep the theme of Defensive Siege while having a better chance against him?

Except it isn't. Go look Dreadnought's plasma cannons or Devastators'.

Hope point costs will start getting leaked. I'm eager to see how Thousand Sons point costs got changed. They're expensive so list building was incredibly tight, even if one unit is a few points more, I'd have to rework a list from the ground up.

>child trafficker

>everyone clamoring over 8th
>heres some 7th edition shit that is irrelevant in a week!

Fuck you too

Agreed.
Ridiculous

You'll want GK terminators
Then 5 more boxes of fucking GK terminators
After that, the new index will be out

>Xenos skulls were piled impossibly high in the much-reviled, inverted omega symbol of one of the lore's most terrible and ancient nemeses: the emperor of Skub, Ward.

>Implying Chaos is the real villains when all they do is fly around saving loyalists from certain doom

chaos wins again

We're gonna keep playing 7th until we've seen how 8th shakes out and if it's worth switching to.

So far, while I can see why they're making a lot of the changes, I'm not a fan on the whole and neither is he.

>implying etherals aren't just DAoT humanity that got timewarped to the future and had to start everything from the scratch
It took 3000 years for tau to get out of caves into a multi-stellar empire. For reference neolithic age took about 4000 years for humanity.

You cant be serious

>I love ping pong
Truly the most degenerate of sports

vocaroo.com/i/s1rNmIaIayWK

Well, no one is really gonna be discussing 7th anymore. So you're on your own.

loyalist x chaos OTP

>Battlesuits with burst cannons

>Meet Inceptors

First of many xenotech appropriations

They will switch shortly after. Most people will. Some are just more resistant to change.

Stat Wyverns in 8th ed.

We are having a farwell party for 7e tomorrow. Not sure if it deserves it but at least we get to play games.

Why not? We both enjoy the complexity of 7th, and neither of us plays one of the armies that was left behind. There's a lot of horrible shit in 7th, I won't lie, but equally neither of us encounter it.

We're also the kind of weirdos that fucking loved making 3.5 DnD characters, so we aren't exactly a target audience for much.

That's why I thought I'd ask now, before 8th came out.

I dislike enough that if I had a friend like you I would.
But I don't and I dislike 7th almost equally

4D6 hits S4 AP0

> First of many
Except for the Scythian Venom Talon, of course.

1 d6 shots bs 5+ S 3 AP- D2 damage

>spearhead detachment allows 6 Heavies
>havoks get both heavy and special weapons

I think a lot of CSM players are going to be running a Spearhead detachment, guys.

>average of 14 shots
>7 hits
Sooo slightly worse than a Punisher. If they don't get a price increase, won't be that bad.

Vanguard is allowing me to live my dream Admech army. I'm doing pure Assault.

1 unit of infiltrators
1 unit of ruststalkers
2 units of electro-priest smash version
2 units of Hoplites

6 Elites
3 Dominii for the HQs
2 units of 3 Dragoons for Fast attack

If Imperatives and Canticles still exist then this should be loads of fun.

Also a knight Gallant to smash really big stuff.

I assume that's PER stormshard mortar, of which the tank has 4.

Looks like all the NPCs did was kill a severely weakened group of bugs

Nope, shormshard mortar array.
But 2 Damage! That means it's balanced!

>few chapters can severly weaken a whole hive tendril
Seriously bugs are fucked. Lore overhaul when? Maybe the main body of the hive reveals the real nids to be something completely different than these fucking monkeys.

>new edition comes

>it favors spam of medium strength weapons
>hands split fire to everything
>kiting melee units is possible
>flying units ignore the malus for disengaging
>morale is more relevant
>armour modifiers are in
>having slightly higher toughness is better against a larger selection of high strength weapons
>infantry gets cover regardless of size

>GW proceeds to release large flying marine infantry with multiple hand held assault weapons with medium strength, armour modifier, immunity to battleshock and higher toughness instead of higher armour since cover would already bring it to 2+

>twin-linked heavy 2 blast
>goes to d6 hits

Did a Wyvern touch you inappropriately, son?

>If they don't get a price increase
You're delusional if you think they won't, or just won't get nerfed.

>Be Thousand Sons
>Lots of HQ SOrcs and basic everything else because lmao cost arm and a leg
>Only have 4 CP because of this
>Everyone gets to have fun with their faction stratagems except for me

>One hive tendril can't withstand the plot armor of two founding legions and Chaos all at once

Yeah, so screwed.

Yeah but they're expensive
Holy shit I hate the new Captcha. Please can we go back to typing text I don't want to draw circles around signs.

Spam them zangoor you fucking dust bin.

Why not leave it in a cliffhanger for a future campaign? It's like narrating the fall of Terra as a footnote.

ok, will the leaker give us a better resolution for this?

Well, you'll still have access to them, you just won't have as many cp to spend on them. Huh. I wonder if they balanced the strats for factions with expensive units to be more powerful to offset the fact that you get to use them less often?

But then I would have to shelf my dustbins or generally not field rubrics, so I wouldn't be playing Thousand Sons.

I guess they could sortof avert this problem if named characters gave you more CP. Bjorn gives one, Eldrad gives 3 I think they said? I can imagine maybe taking Ahriman gives you a few. I don't see them doing the same with generic HQs though.

B-BUT THE PROPHECY SAID-
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
IT WAS OUR TURN
THE B-B-B-BLOOD ANGELS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE B-B-B-BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't know but that would be nice. I just don't see the point in making a new cool and fun mechanic and then locking it behind a very scarce and expensive currency.

>I can't hava a cake and eat it too
Oh snap son, are you all right?

Excellent pic

That idiom is so fucking stupid. What the fuck am I going to do with a cake but eat it? Yes I want to eat the fucking cake if you gave me one! Giving me lots of fun stratagems but giving me 4 CP allowing me to use at most 2~ per game is just plain stupid/cruel.

Fingers crossed. My current prediction is that 1850ish standard-cost armies will be generally running around 9CP, which does seem like enough to make decent use of your strats, given the average number of turns in a game. We'll really need to see point values, the rest of the FOCs and the faction strats to know for sure how all that will shake out.

Not even nidfags thought that the BA would die. Literally no one did.

Rulebook images leaked, GET IN HERE FAGGOTS!

Look up AOC Podcast on facebook, images there. Ill post a couple for proof.

The actual idiom is that you can't eat your cake and have it too.

People are saying that it's a week until 8th, but isn't that just for pre order with the release on the 16th or something?

I don't think there was a single nidfag expecting to destroy the Bangels

I thought we were going to overrun the planets, kickstart the resurrection/reincarnation by martyrdom of sanguinius and make the Bangels into spacebound crusaders bringing light to the imperium nihilus

you don't need to falseflag, carnac, we know it's you who replies to your own post in an attempt to start some flamewar

Any ideas on what Doctrina Imperatives will become now that WS and BS are different. A boost to WS doesn't make you more survivable in CC anymore so it's an even harsher tradeoff than before IMO.

>Have to be saved by every successor chapter, a Traitorous Chapter, Guilliam, AND a Daemon.

It mean you either can have a cake and not eat it or eat it and nomore have a cake. So you either go with your OC DONUT STEEL army and don't get CP or you whore out those CP with more diverse build. Just like everyone else.

I doubt 9 will be the average. I'm honestly thinking it'll be more in line with 6. 3 for battleforged, 3 for Battalion. A brigade is a ton of shit, man. I doubt most armies will be able to fit a brigade in sub-2K lists.

I honestly think a Patrol detachment should at least give you 1 point.

Don't give the game away, the longer he thinks its working to more hilarious autism we get

>Having Facebook
>2017
>ISHYGDDT

Post the pics faggot.

>every bangles descended chapter save lamenters, a crusade led by the imperium's greatest tactician and a earp rift are just "a few chapters"
Wew lad

But once you eat your cake, you no longer have it.
You cannot be both in posession of a cake, and eat cake.
Oh, wait a minute, yes you can, you buy two fucking cakes. Eat one, save the other for later.
It should be "you can't eat an absurd amount of cakes to prove a saying wrong and not get fat", which coincidentally has the exact same meaning.

The ethereals didn't even show up until the other four castes threatened to totally exterminate each other.

With black-powder level technology, incidentally. The vicious blue bastards invented global-scale genocide before the bicycle.

And that's all I care to contribute. Look it up yourselves now.

But the point is I can't BE diverse because the army/fluff is built around that and/or it's too expensive.
Yes I know what it means, I just think the idiom is badly worded. Ignore my autism.

First company Indomitus terminator + dreadnought army incoming

You mean this shit, faggot?

>Assault weapons carry the same penalty for moving as heavy weapons
>STILL ONLY ONE GRENADE

Wow, fucking gay.

So ethereals are speedrunning a civilisation sim?

People have run numbers with current point values, and some armies like orks and nids can fit multiple batallions inside of 2k. I've done some tentative planning and assuming point values don't change too radically, I think an 1850 batallion is doable as long as you aren't too careless with upgrades. But yeah, 6-9ish.

>i literally can't read: the post

Assault weapons can ADVANCE (this is the new term for running) and shoot, but with a -1 hit penalty