youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata: January 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

>Mk3 Trollbloods Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/1tLOuOW7/file.html
>Mk3 Protectorate Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/LToez2J8/file.html
>Mk3 Circle Orboros Command
www20.zippyshare.com/v/dAMPtJKy/file.html
>Mk3 Cygnar Command
www104.zippyshare.com/v/aG3otFxu/file.html
>Mk3 Legion of Everblight Command
www93.zippyshare.com/v/cJMBctzR/file.html
>Mk3 Khador Command
www92.zippyshare.com/v/JI62A5Ll/file.html
>Mk3 Cryx Command
www42.zippyshare.com/v/kAGpNygA/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

privateerpress.com/press-releases/privateer-press-to-sponsor-penny-arcade-plays-warmachine
twitch
brokenegggames.com/warsticks.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for at least we're not 8e 40k.

Second for don't provoke the GWIDF, high school is out for the summer now

Anyone have the new Caine book? I wanted to read about how he becomes a pistol wraith. I need some new Cryx fluff

Eh, things look comparable at this stage.

So what kits are hard plastic at this point and are they any good?

I was looking for a Guardian recently, not sure if I should pick one up. I haven't been in the game for a while desu, but I still want to round out my Menoth

Does the Throne of Everblight have a place in a Legion list expecting to face Cryx in the current Meta?

Caine doesn't become a pistol wraith.
There is a pistol wraith that resembles him and is skilled enough to kill Lynch of the Black 13th.

Is that the Pistol Wraith that was hanging out around Denegrah, Asphixious, Mortenebra and the crew at the Necrofactorium beneath the Thornwood?

sup ded thread ded game

What do you think of this list i whipped up?

Havent played my Legion in ages, havent played Fyanna yet, havent used any of their themes yet and wanted to blow the dust off my Archangel.

Yeah, this is gun be great

No, this is something else - it's a fragment of Caine's soul that Deneghra manages to rip free, or something along those lines. I haven't read the book myself.

I was thinking of picking up some merc units for my protectorate lists. Any units or solos stand out synergy wise outside Idrians?

Thinking about picking up Reznik2, is he any good?

>tfw everyone gets cool Battle Engines and you get the melee only horsewagon featuring shitty guns.

The good: Great buff game, hard to kill despite base size and spell denial. Feat royally fucks up Ghost Fleet.

The bad: Battlegroup caster who isn't Amon in the same faction as Amon.

Which one is that one again?

oi.

i am still ass hurt they had such inspiring concept art for a character and then utterly shat on making a good mini for it.

>you should know of who i speak

Wait a fucking minute, did they nerf the Mad Dog again?

Original mk3 Mad dog:
>7 Point
>Jury-Rigged
>Smasher
>Unstable

December 2016 Errata Mad Dog:
>9 Points
>Fleet
>Smasher
>Unstable

Command Book 2017 Mad Dog
>9 Points
>Smasher
>Unstable

DON'T TOUCH MY TOYS / YOU SILLY BOYS
OR I'LL BREAK YOUR SPINE / WITH MY CRAPPY STATLINE

Can someone with access to War Room help me out here?

I only have books and physical cards.

Eye of Truth and Exemplar Interdiction exist now, taking his main trick away from him and easily applying it elsewhere.

All of the new renown Warjack dual kits are hard plastic. That should include the Guardian.

It's just a typo user. Unless you can find a more recent errata doc that shows otherwise.

Also it has fleet in War Room

Forgetting a whole box worth of rules is not a typo, it's bullshit. Especially in a 50 dollar book.

I've played Amon and he's fun but he's not a deep caster but he always seems to overshadow everyone else in the faction...aren't there any good alternatives?

I saw someone post in the last thread about the AFG CiD. I just needed to vent about it a little, because the screeching about how 'it's fine' and more than a few people going 'its OP, plz nerf' I don't think stopped to really think about a couple things:

- You have to consider things in context. A faction like Menoth would probably love the accurate long range shooting the AFG provides, but that doesn't matter. Its a Ret battle engine, and this is in a faction where 85%+ of their jacks shoot. The AFG's most powerful shot is often the banshee gun (because RAT fixing is a thing)
- In all my games with the AFG, I don't think it overperformed once. The whole CiD cycle was 'the AFG still isn't good, but isn't as shitty, so yay?'

Seriously though, I think that the AFG's place will be in Defenders of Ios for free points (since theme forces are how they're doing the game now, and I could go on another whole damn rant about that), but a lot of the other battle engines, assuming they make it intact, are going to make the game nuts.

But the AFG will likely sit on the shelf, and I'm not too thrilled with it in Defenders of Ios either.

Thoughts on the AFG in particular from others? I'm well aware I could be off base, but having played with the damn thing for a while, at no point was I ever impressed with it. If I had to sum up my experience, the AFG wants casters that fix its problems, but I don't think Ret casters want the AFG quite yet. Or if this is likely the final version, probably not for a while.

You knew it was out date before you bought it and you know future stuff will get errata. If you bought the book for the rules you're a moron

I've got an AFG sitting around but never really get a chance to play the damn game with decent people. But I plan on giving it a try with either Kaelyssa or Rahn sometime next weekend.

It looks cool on paper, but then I remember all the times I've relied on a charging Banshee's swords over its gun and realize just how much it trades away for that second shot and damage types.

privateerpress.com/press-releases/privateer-press-to-sponsor-penny-arcade-plays-warmachine
Well this is a thing I guess

Good. Now a company whose business sense can only be described as vomitous can be associated with a comic whose artstyle can only be described as vomitous.

What the fuck does Penny Arcade even do these days? I get the impression they're some sort of bizarre geek culture conglomerate, but I haven't paid attention to anything under their brand in about a decade.

twitch dot tv/videos/144607874
I guess this is probably the get-together that got the idea of doing a series rolling around in their heads.

Might be nice to watch some people who aren't the local misanthropic grognards push warjacks around for an hour every week.

>tfw there will never again be a batrep as good as wargamergirl's

Don't you want to watch Advanced Maneuvers so you can see Xekaar with EIGHT Rhinodons win a game?

I feel like I'm missing a story here

If you're looking for a caster who runs nothing but a battlegroup and some support, the only caster in the whole game who competes with Amon is Harkevich. And while I think Harkevich has a slight edge in the head-to-head matchup, Amon probably plays better into the field due to packing spell hate and ranged hate basically for free.

And he's probably the best caster in Protectorate, but Kreoss1 and especially High Reclaimer are also generally considered top-tier casters.

I would love to record some reps in her style, but it's just way too much fucking work. Especially if I only got a hundred views for it.

What's pretty goddamned hilarious about that was that point was brought up multiple times in the CiD cycle (a Banshee was only one point more, and most every game I took the AFG I'd rather have the Banshee instead, because the gun was about as powerful, and you got the rest of a Banshee when shooting didn't really work anymore).

I still kind of hold to that, personally. A Banshee just does so much for you.

They should stop being so arrogant in the CID. Will pastrami is acting like an entitled count on there and Facebook.

*cough*Karchev*cough*

why do some people have pink names in the CID?

Harkevich > Karchev

Feat nerf murdered Karchev.

Whatever. I still want to read the shitty book.

Except Advanced Manuvers wich has a fixed camera so you can see where the fuck everything is

>Trevor
>MrMalorian
>Arcane Assist
>WarroomPL
>ComboSmite
>(the latter are in real-time)
There certainly are a bunch that are better than her. Not in production value but in overall quallity.

Based on the lack of smarter people than me not responding already, I'm gonna take a guess.

The answer is a solid maybe. It depends on your caster choices and the specific threats you face. I'd bet it can much on Banez pretty good as well as grabbing support solos etc.

But its a big investment that has a hard time killing warjacks. Its not incapable, but niche.

I'd assume it can work if you want to make it work and pick a caster who synergizes with it.

I would like to help out more with questions, but I only play one faction and at most know two well enough to give advice on.

My Legion matchup knowledge for example is exactly two games.

I don't need someone to record dumbasses playing shit lists, plenty of them around IRL.

Thinking of dropping out of the game. Would it be better to try selling it in a flooded market or just boxing it up and hoping one day it will fetch something better than 30% value?

>literally have no clue
Reinholdt pin-up...?

Count Pagani of Baldsylvania

Each of them has their flaws. Either the table is shitty, the commentary is awkward, the minis are unpainted, no editing is done, editing is horrible, players are too pro or too noobish etc. Miranda is the only one that had it all.

>players are too pro
Excuse me, what?

The mental gymnastics of CiD amuse me. PP would like the testers' job to be finding way to justify their bullshit while the testers want actual improvement but are verified with the highest scrutiny to ensure that they conform so they must resort to doublespeak and mind games to get PP to actually fix shit.

As in trying too hard. Bringing a boring competitive list and then playing it very conservatively while being clearly not amused.

That's not a deal-breaker to me. I want battle reports that I can learn something from, so "competitive lists, played as they should be" is precisely right.

This, but there's also partyfoul-quality (which is all of the shit things you've mentioned combined)

Those batreps do suck. It's a combination of man-ass too big to fit in the camera frame, and sheer lack of showmanship.

Cool story bro, but the rest of the planet wants some entertainment value out of it. Miranda was insightful with solid commentary, and her cinematographer knew how to bring a consistently dynamic feel to a turn-based game.

How the fuck anyone gives them views is beyond me. Their shit attitudes toward the community is fucking toxic, and when this is brought up they get even more defensive. This goes beyond their shitposting on Reddit and their own site-they've been featured on podcasts and they are just as terrible to hear as they are to read. Their guest spot was enough to get me to unsubscribe from Moosemachine (already going downhill when they hosted another pile of shit - menothjon).

Since I'm ranting anyway: why do most podcasts resort to constant crass language and gay jokes? Are you really struggling for content to the point you want to pretend to be your own little "morning zoo" radio show? Can't you make a point without sounding like a goddamn socially inept retard. Wtf happened to production value? If I hear a dog barking or kid screaming in the background, I'll never listen to your shit again.

That's all, folks!

>Cool story bro, but the rest of the planet wants some entertainment value out of it. Miranda was insightful with solid commentary, and her cinematographer knew how to bring a consistently dynamic feel to a turn-based game.
Yeah, I'll take interesting games over "entertainment value" anytime.

Keep growing that beard out, soon you can hide behind it and no one will notice your receding hairline!

If you seriously have trouble seeing why other people might have other priorities than you, I am certainly not the neckbeard here.

Stick to your guns!

>How the fuck anyone gives them views is beyond me.
I remember when I first came across them. I was just looking for a video that explains power attacks and that one video was actually helpful to me, so I saved them in my brain as positive experience and wondered about all the downvotes they get on reddit.

But then, I tried to watch a video they made about some kind of errata and what I saw was the beardless guy starring into nothingness, saying a line, asking the guy behind the camera what the line was again and repeating that for 30 minutes before moving on to the next sentence.

Didn't take much longer for me to understand that their production value (editing, scripts, sound, video and even thumbnails) had been awful forever and every time they get called out for it, they throw a huge hissy fit.

What a bunch of assholes, how are they affording to run their shitty website for like three years?

I think making a decent angle battle report is pretty easy.

A: Have the camera at the side. You want to take sides and see everything relative to one another.
B: Just use a solid white light above the camera pointed in its direction. Any shadows cast will be away from the camera. If you set it at a right angle it won't blind you but will illuminate the field.

>how are they affording to run their shitty website for like three years?

conflictanon here.

I recently upgraded the hosting I have on Conflict Chamber, adding a virtual private server to be able to handle more complex stuff on the back-end so it's easier for me to do some of the more sophisticated stuff on event submission and location.

This brought the monthly outlay on Conflict Chamber from $5 to $8.50.

Running a website is cheap.

Now, the *time* I've put into Conflict Chamber, is worth something, but just keeping the website up is pretty cheap these days.

Thank you for being awesome, Conflictanon!

... btw, how do I remove lists in the new interface?

The X in the toolbar, or ctrl-X is the keyboard shortcut.

I need some help, looking at buying some warsticks from broken egg.

brokenegggames.com/warsticks.html

What does the option "Matching AMG and EMT?" mean

Look up House of Dice. He does practically the same shit that WGG did, although he is also infrequent in uploads.

RPG book says that Skorne make leather from these niggas.

I wish my clothes were made out of worm.

Is Arkadius taking a Gorax or a Battle Boar for Primal?

That's all they're good for. Fucking useless model on the table.

...sigh.

Hexeris1 Soul Slave (deep threat warlock, offensive debuffer, likes to hot-swap upkeeps all over the table), Hexeris 2 Channeling(the same) - Has double control range and a half-inch melee range.

>dammit /WMG/, git gud at the fucking game already

I bought the book as a penance for stealing everything from this thread all through mk2, only they made the rules free for mk3.

You need to L2P, shitter.

- Hexeris1 can't afford to cycle Soul Slave in mk3 because Marketh can't rebuff it anymore. Any turn Hexeris has to cycle his arc node is a turn he can't spend tossing out spells. This means if you're going to use a long leash Warbeast to Soul Slave instead of a Sentry or Brute you use an Archidon which costs all of 3pts more, moves faster, more survivable, more agile with Flight, and if push comes to shove is a POW17 heavy warbeast so it poses a decent threat to most shit in the game. For 3 pts. Nobody with half a brain uses Razor Worms anymore with Hex1 post errata because the Archidon is so much fucking better.

- Hexeris2. Again, nobody with a fucking brain uses Razor Worms when Archidons are 3pts more and a million times more efficient.

>- Has double control range and a half-inch melee range.

Ironic how you say git gud and don't know the rules. A channeler's melee range doesn't matter, channeler's can engage targets and channel spells without penalty.

Channeling is prevented by BEING ENGAGED, which means your enemy needs your model to be in their melee range, not yours.

Razor worms are awful btw, maybe you should git gud retard.

The pinnacle of miniature gaming.

That high quality terrain.
Those painted models.

Might as well fucking play Vassal.

Oh come on, the terrain is fine (design, not placement)

All this table needs are terrain setup and one of these table mats.

What do your games look like?

Personally I've been making actual 3D terrain because I've gotten entirely sick of flat neopreen boards.

Magnetising all the pieces so you can pull the terrain off the base when models need to move into the terrain.

Nah, that game looks like shit.

2d terrain has been of the worst things for the game. Warmachine was never much to look at it anyways it's a glorified board game at this point but when even terrain went into Vassal territory..well it's a joke now.

You need to play the things you are complaining about, shitter. You don't cycle soul-slave (ever), you channel Parasite and swap Death March if you need to.

"In melee" slipped into the mental cubby-hole at some point, happens.

>You need to play the things you are complaining about, shitter. You don't cycle soul-slave (ever), you channel Parasite and swap Death March if you need to.

You know when you need to cycle Soul Slave? When your opponent kills your squishy piece of shit light warbeast, idiot. That's why nobody with a brain runs worms with Hexeris.

Hexeris cannot afford to get his Arc Node killed. He cannot treat them as disposable because it will set his spell offense back for an entire turn. People who aren't shitters, aka people who aren't you, treat his arc node the same way Mk2 Hex2 treated his. You stick it on a durable beast like a Sentry or a Brute because you could not afford to get it killed ever. The Archidon is a safe alternative to that, the Razor Worm is how you make your warlock useless for a turn while he replaces a dead arc node.

> Bad at the game
> Doesn't know the rules
> Still tries to talk shit
> Shitter confirmed

It has uses.

The question is, is it even worth it to take it?

Aren't most Skorne lists just a brick of heavies these days?

Everything it does is handled better by an Archidon post errata. There is no reason to ever put this model on the table barring you are too poor to afford an Archidon model.

>Aren't most Skorne lists just a brick of heavies these days?

Outside of Zaal, largely. Titans are the faction's best application of force, backed up by various support beasts or mid range stuff like Archidons.

As far as warrior units go, Ferox are solid with a couple of casters, Reivers are good with anybody. Nihilators are worthless outside of 2 trashtier casters, but they don't elevate the casters out of the dumpster so you'll never see them.

Karax have a place as cheap filler if you ever find a reason to want it, they're ok as a unit. Swordsmen work with a couple of casters but when it comes down it they normally get overlooked. Either you bring a warbeast that does their job, or they're too expensive and you just wanted something cheap like Karax.

Keltarii continue their honourable tradition of being a solid turd.

If the battle engine comes out of CID as it finished the final week it'll be played with alot of casters, it's actually pretty fucking good.

You'll mostly see Titan herds with various supports. The variations of the lists will mostly sub Ferox, Reivers, or very occasionally Swordsmen or Karax in for specific reasons.

Zaal is the biggest deviation from the norm who can do it without being fuck awful.

Is an Ancestral army of Immortals, Ancestral Guardians and Hakaar the Destroyer viable with Zaal now?

You can't really do zero living models anymore since the Mk2 tier went away. Bringing like 10-20 living models is enough to sort everything out assuming they don't get RFP'd.

Well ideally you'd want some living models with a mostly Ancestral army wouldn't you?

You need them for Soul token generation don't you?

Yes, caster dependant.
It's made for mulching infantry, which Cryx has a lot of. It also has RFP which will help with the recursion.

I meant this in reference to the CID Throne. The current Throne is utter shit.

Mk2 tier had a bonus where your extollers started with alot of souls so you could just palm most of them out to the AGs at the start of the game and Zaal would top them off each turn. So it was possible to do nothing but immortals+AGs for the bulk of your army.

Should the Revenant Cannon Crew only be used in hordes match ups?

Also, how is it that the Skorne Catapult has more power than the Cryx Ghost Cannon does? I would have thought that the cannon would have hit harder given it was more advanced?

GREETINGS
I HAVE LORE QUESTIONS
WARMACHINE SPECIFIC ONES

1.) how are steam jacks made?
1a.) if the different factions do it differently how so?

2.) how are they controlled?

3.) how are they powered(unless it is just "with steam lol")?

4.) can they be programmed?

5.) do they develop quirks in behavior like dominant handedness, or non-target object tracking?

6.) are they capable of self repair?

7.) do they come in shapes that aren't "hunchbacked humanoids"

8.) approximate capacities?(overland speed, long duration(cargo) carry capacity, etc.)

9.) in the lore, did any one specific faction create them FIRST and what did the imbalance of power look like?

10.) are there any non-combat specialty use jacks? (is there a "thieves special" or a "machinists helper")

any other neat details?
any cool hordes things that might matter?

It must be some sort of angry ghost catapult.

> angry ghost catapult

It would be funny if they bound a Void Spirit to a projectile then fired it at someone.

I can just imagine the projectile streaking by with a laughing Skorne face till it hits something.

Plus, I think they could actually get away with building that as Void Spirts aren't off limits for experimentation like other things are.

1) Steamjacks are built with a variety of hydraulics and steam power and whatnot. They each have a magical "brain" called a cortex which controls them. These cortexes are made using a variety of precious metals and alchemical processes and plates inscribed with magical runes. The quality and complexity of the cortex determines the intelligence of the jack with military grade ones being the most advanced and somewhere around the intelligence of a particularly smart dog.

2) They can be controlled through verbal commands and gestures. Warcasters can make a direct link with a jack's cortex and command them mentally.

3) Most jacks use a steam boiler, though some more advanced ones are being made that utilize electrical power. Iosan myrmidons are able to convert ambient magical energy into storable energy to run on.

4) They do have built in knowledge and whatnot, but a cortex is more like a magical brain than a computer. They automatically have all the information they need, but "reprogramming" them would require direct alteration of the jack's cortex.

5) Yes. This is the concept behind many character jacks such as Ol' Rowdy or Beast 09.

6) Some, though they are unusual.

7) There are some that are non-humanoid (such as cryxian bonejacks or the crabjacks), but generally, they are humanoid.

8) Depends heavily on the type of jack. There are some that are small and speedy, others that are big and slow.

9) The history of steamjacks is complicated, but long story short, the time between their initial creation (by Cygnar) and their adoption by other nations was not long and did not result in any longterm power imbalance.

10) Laborjacks (steamjacks built for labor, obviously) are quite widespread and used in any industry involving heavy labor (dock work, mining, logging, etc.).

>cortexes

Shouldn't it be cortices?

1.) Basically all of them are made in factories and exactly how you would imagine in your head (see pic)
1a.) Retribution and Cryx Jacks are made differently, don't know much so google it.

2.) The Warcasters (powerful battle wizards) control them over something called the cortex. The cortex is a magical-mechanical brain that allows those with the Warcaster spark to control and enhance them in combat.

3.) With some kind of motor or oven. It can be steam, coal or how cryx does it, souls.

4.) cortexes make them as intelligent or a smart dog, so they can be trained to a minor degree (Jack Marshals for example are people who can control jacks despite not being Warcasters by giving them orders and commands).

5.) Yes, cortexes develop and learn over time, which is why old jacks that are assigned to specific Warcasters over and over absorb part of it's controllers personality. It's even possible for them to develop traumas.

6.) No, not without help from outside. The elves of Ios for example have self-regenerating energy shields. Convergence Vectors do, but they are technically not warjacks.

7.) Cryx has jacks formed as birds and spiders, though most all of them are humanoid.

8.) Depends on the faction. The whole point of warjacks, is that they are strong enough to carry weapon which would be too cumbersome and/or big for normal humans to carry, so they are very strong (in terms of profile, a human has an average Strength of 5, while a Warjack's goes from 10 upwards).

9.) The first Warjacks are called Colossals and were made by the human nations of the continent to free themselves from a race called the Orgoth, who conquered the land with evil magic. The colossals were abandoned due to their impractical sizes and turned into the smaller warjacks. As to who and why, the Dwarfs of Rhul showed humanity how to build cortexes.

10.) Yes. Warjack is basically just the term for "weaponized Steamjack with a smarter cortex". Laborjacks are common in most nations.

Nope. They spell it 'cortexes' in the fluff.