Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Starfinder Hype Edition:
What has got you the most hype about the soldier reveal?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KCm2PtSgzkA
app.roll20.net/forum/post/5055882/announcements
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Rename these threads to /pgg/ - Paizo Games General already.

I think everyone is looking forward to non-garbage Martials. The Soldier seems good enough that you won't have to worry about dipping into another class to make up for shortcomings.

Also, Star Fox and Macross campaigns.

I need a class for a character, /pfg/. The idea is that he's either:
A- An elder god taken mortal form
B- Possessed by some sort of eldritch abomination
C- A cultist

But he's actually just a really swell guy that writes comedic plays.

>Macross campaigns.
Like this?

GIRI GIRI AIIIII

I want Mikumo to sit on me!

>Vult asking questions about Ensoulment
Is this the end?

Not chill, my dude. Not chill.

More about stuff like this <

I really like the fact that the galaxy is populated with all sorts of aliens you can befriend and hang out with and have jets with.

Of course, /pfg/ is going to make a Macross campaign about protecting 20 meter tall waifus.

I suppose the necromancy using empire is already taken by Eox but that won't stop me from somehow shoehorning the aesthetics of the Necromongers

Aight, /pfg/. What would you want to see in a Macross game? Would you want to be an idol? A pilot? Both?

I want Rory to apply too, and I want them to get in together with DHB, Kawase and Slow. There's got to be another good meme we can fit in there for the ultimate meme game.

You are the worst of us.

I want to make a Bard from the far north!

youtube.com/watch?v=KCm2PtSgzkA

>Kawase
Fucking who?

Why not both? Are you saying your ship isn't built with some magitech sound system that resonates your music to people's souls?

Imagine casting some kind of bardic buff across all pilots or something like that with your singing? Why would you not want that?

But finland isn't real

BECAUSE MAYBE I WANT TO BE A CUTE IDOL AND WOO A PILOT and cuck the half-zent.

Go marry the apple farm heir.

Didn't he die?

Replace Kawase with Wist or Broodie

The cancer infesting the pfg discord

>MFW I've never played pathfinder in my life but starfinder is looking so good I might buy in.

does anybody know if the starfinder content is
gonna find it's way to the pathfinder SRD site once it's released.

Not quite.
The end comes when all the celebs get into Ensoulment and nobody else does.

They all did.

pls no

>hasn't done anything lately
I'm legit convinced this is someone who knows Kawase in real life or something

Kawase's nowhere near that tier although his apps are long enough you'd probably be forgiven for mistaking that
Shove in Broodie instead,

I believe Starfinder will have a similar OGL, so odds are we'll get it somewhere.

Yes. You best accept it now. Did all that early talk of "the celebs are already in games so we'll get new blood" get your hopes up to have some fun? Too bad. Maybe if you're lucky you'll get to play your character for one scene where they extol the PCs greatness in any number of ways.

Long apps doesn't mean good apps.

Broodie, DHB, and Kawase are the only ones in these groups who have applied and none of their apps work with each other
Kawase's is a massive smuglord who seems to literally be Freddie.
Broodie's does the dirty work and waits in the shadows.
DHB's is someone looking for validation by tagging along with heroes and trying to claw at heroism although he isn't one.
I legit don't see it working.
Cornelia doesn't seem to mind getting her hands dirty so Ryoko probably doesn't help beyond being a tank, while Jericho can hardly take inspiration from someone whose philosophy amounts to "if you're lost you're a loser, think on it", it's like the equivalent of "git gud".
Ryoko has nothing on herself, she'll probably improve later.
Jericho is either going to grind massive friction with Cornelia or be the target of endless mocking while Ryoko will likely struggle to find actual dirty work that Jericho hasn't already done ahead of time, since he's an executioner.
Two of the apps kind of eat the other's slot, the last one just seems to have no use for them.

Never said it did, I think his are generally decent anyway but they're objectively massive.

He wasn't listing good apps.

So basically Broodie's app needs work is what you're saying.

lots of work.

That's what he was saying in the thread when he posted it.

Eh I'd actully argue that Jericho and Cornelia go very well together, if you look at their respective attitudes.
Cornelia is 'I know what I want I know how I'm getting it, everyone should do the same and find what they want and how they're getting it'
Jericho is explicitly 'I kind of know what I want and I've no idea how to get it'. Jericho's app is weird because he works for the princess on end of campaign, not beginning. His heroic trait is the process of becoming a hero, he represents the idea that yes, YOU could be a hero, doesn't matter what you are or how down on your luck / emotions you are, you can rise above it. This has a bonus of basically validating Cornelia's idea which is 'just find your own dreams no matter what they are and run at it'
So you have a party where one of the values is finding yourself, and the other value is also finding yourself, just from different ends of the spectrum. Cornelia says "look I've found my way and it took me so far, why can't you do the same?", while Jericho says "look, I've come so far and found my way, this could have been you".

Irrisen is good enough for an analog.

Can't wait for him to be a Gay Cuck Trap. ;^)

What about the whole shit with 'family secrets' Jericho has going? Does that fit the with campaign. Shit, he's apparently only signing on because he wants his uncle to tell him secrets.

>tfw you see these, and then feel like every idea you had for your app will just be done by someone else
>tfw not worried about thread shitting on the app, but the app just not standing out

What's the relationship between alcohol consumption and my character sheet? How do I know when someone SHOULD be plastered? Obviously if it's narratively convenient, we'll go for it, but if someone tries to just drink and drink, when should they be slapped with penalties for it?

If they're immune to poison, they're never plastered! But they can still become alcoholics!

Alcohol is a drug, not a poison, poison immunity does nothing.

CCC's app is pretty, well,
It honestly goes well with a lot of things. It doesn't feel like she can outright conflict with many people and there's so much *stuff* in that background that she can probably pull an excuse to have a minor conflict or agreement with anyone.
I can see Niccolo and Kino getting along fine with her, for example, and her sheet has Mithril-fucking-Playing Cards, which can probably help her out with Giancarlo, Lieu Cheng (whose applicant forgot to change his name halfway through the app, take notice and decide if he's Lieu Cheng or Masaki) and Ichabod. Hell she's a noble so she even has common talking ground with everyone's favorite Ceraphine, her entire app is like a miniature OMH.
Maybe the only people she doesn't automatically have common ground with, if not click with, are the Paladin types and Witch, and even those are kind of suspect because of her philosophy (I think?) acting as a wildcard "you agree with me" as long as someone has any actual well-defined personal philosophy - which happens to basically be a requirement for the application anyway.

Fortitude save? I suppose, just make up normal-sounding rules. Remember that 16 CON is a VERY healthy strapping young lad, you should probably make the d20 roll something people do at the start just so the guy known for drinking people under the table doesn't faint on a nat one.

Flipside is her smug though. Not a lot of people like smugs.

The forgotten apps are possibly the saddest

Didn't Jericho basically steal the whole 'washed up has-been' idea halfway out from under Masaki's nose

What are our picks for DAA because there's really not many apps and probably won't be many more

Not really because he's neither washed up nor a has been.

I know for a fact my partner and I are working something up as we speak. Don't worry about it, user! And don't be hasty! There's plenty of time for new blood.

She sounds like she'll conflict with paladins if they're the wishy-washy shonen type, remember her philosophy doesn't just require a philosophy it requires a plan. A lot of paladins don't have a plan, they skip that step and just work towards Great Justice in general.

Did anything ever come of the person wanting to run a game about crusading through the evil planes?

no
a thousand and seven bamboozles you shall suffer

Waiting for the revised chargen rules before I app user.

>revised chargen rules this far down the line
If he wants to rape and cum inside the ones who have already apped maybe

>I can see Niccolo and Kino getting along fine with her
desu I think that's the character Niccolo would get along the worst with out of all of them. They're almost complete opposites. They could still work together in the same party and provide a neat dynamic, but I wouldn't expect them to get along with each other unless they were specifically trying to.

It's more about clarifying the weird monster CR gestalt stuff to make more sense, not completely upending everything on everyone. And it's already confirmed coming anyways.

Why is the occultist so fucking cool, and why is it allowed to just poach all the cool martial shit it wants?

When I say "get along" I really mean "has an interesting dynamic". I'm not entirely sure Kino is on her page either, Even though "Not for Rape" has more ranks in Know(Engineering) than "Pew! Pew! Pchew!", she seems the type who REALLY has trouble respecting people who don't have degrees in philosophy. Preferably from her own university. Or respecting people at all mind you, she has this weird concealed sneering tone even in the letter to the princess. Niccolo seems to type to just get rolled the fuck over by her honestly, "Scholar's" Bluff / Diplo / Intim is -1/-1/-1 to her 12/14/10.

Aren't they both Smart People? Why wouldn't they be able to get along?

One of them is all about the supremacy of science and making heroes obselete, the other's entire philosophy revolves around teaching everyone to be Ubermensch. In a sense one of them wants no heroes, the other wants nothing but them.

Smart people never get along.

When two people have it all figured out but they don't agree on the answer...

>And it's already confirmed coming anyways.
where

...who?

aaaaaa i want the kind of confusing relationship where everyone is convinced you're fucking on the side even though no evidence of romance exists in the open beyond an unstated protectiveness of one another

You know the best way to do that?

1.Log into your R20 account
2. Run an AP for /pfg/ and your homiez
3. Have fun

You're the Unwist, aren't you? Who are you, user? I want to give you all the things you come here and ask for, but you never reveal yourself to me. Why not?

app.roll20.net/forum/post/5055882/announcements

Admittedly it's from a bit ago, but caught something nasty and was sick until recently. He even confirmed it was still coming soon on Discord now that he's back.

It's wist in bad girl mode

didn't see it on discord but I probably just missed it, aight cool.

Who needs social skills when you can take Craft (Speeches&One-Liners) and Knowledge(Friendship)

I can confirm. Everytime I DM I inevitably end up with awkward sexual tension and protectiveness in play with at least one player.

It sounds like she'd be pissed over that too but more to the point he hasn't so

Scholar also has enough HP so he can't be instantly slain by an 18 STR guy with a longsword.

yeah I noticed that too, >Kawase is either very brave, very confident, or very stupid if he's willing to play a Wizard with 8 CON. Maybe all three.

I enjoy the yearning.

What's a higher priority for a brave knight? Magic armor for himself or Magic Barding for his brave steed?

So. Making an undersea dungeon for my upcoming campaign.

Closest thing to mobs i have is Deep Ones & their Hybrids vs Skum.

The dungeon is a Halfling palace that sank to the bottom of the ocean as part of a curse apon the King and his subjects. However, most of the palace is air pockets due to luck and magic. Think BioShock but medieval.

Aside from Deep Ones and Skum having a turf war. What would be a good set of monsters to throw at my players and their band of Level 10s?

Also whats the opinion of having bosses and sub bosses in dungeons? Too vidya?

Why do people post so many games all at once? Half of these are bi weekly too with 3+week app periods. Seems insane to me.

Which ones are biweekly?

DAA/Chalice/Hell's Saboteurs

>Keep getting mentioned in the thread

>Its about how much work my app needs

T-thanks.

test

Veeky Forums is full of normies thats why its so quiet on friday nights

The chads have won

Hello? Anyone here?

O-ohayooo!

Are you a fellow pass-user too, to avoid the CAPTCHApocalypse?

Yes!

Is that why nobody is talking!?

Yyyyep. CAPTCHA is broken right now, so everyone can't post unless they've got a pass.

Suddenly, that couple of bucks is paying off. This is OUR playground now!

Ahaha! So we're more powerful than ever!

What kind of shenanigans have your cohorts/NPCs gotten into, /pfg/? Recently we had to go rescue our's from an Ancient Skincrawler Dragon.

Seriously. Fuck this CAPTCHA error loop.

benis

test

How many characters can a single player control and roleplay at the same time?

Do you think Ruins of Azlant will bridge Path and Starfinder?

And just like that it all crumbles around you.

Its too late user, I have already grasped power beyond the comprehension of mere capcha posters

I am eternal

capcha is back online.