What's her name Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Manly_And_Incorrigible_Delinquents_RPG
pastebin.com/4GPrY6KF
dailymotion.com/video/x1gmwo4_cromartie-highschool-he-ate-my-pencil_tv
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html
youtu.be/a2krXq8fw90
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fittingly enough, a Fate/ campaign. But I don't have enough savvy players to run it, or another GM to play it.

A campaign with people who aren't flakes, edgelords or retarded.

a game about warring states, set in modern japanese high schools with street punks and aspiring yakuza.

nobody shares my vision. there's no system adequately perfect to cover this notion of teens messing each other up over petty shit and hair gel scuffles

Any campaign where I'm not the GM.

I would love to do a Dark Heresy campaign with some elements from the Type Moon verse like heroic spirits. Just imagine having Magnus as caster.

There is a Maid the RPG conversion known as Manly And Incorrigible Delinquents RPG. Might provide the framework for such an awesomely mundane setting.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Manly_And_Incorrigible_Delinquents_RPG

Have fun user.

I want to play in a Mad Max style campaign where in between kludging together cars and weapons we are searching out some rumored great place or item all while trying to survive the wasteland. I want a lot of car combat and chances for people on the outside of the cars to fight and a world that while strange is comprised of familiar pieces like Catholicism but since the apocalyptic event they now have traveling orders who seek to enforce their law across the land and look something like image related.

Highschool ninja samurai waifu war.
Modern setting.
Legends of Wulin.

Techniques related to the school clubs.
Insane tournaments.
Factions.
The janitor is a retired super veteran who fell in love in tacticool tech and guns.
The Trial of Blood Dragon which is totally not a ripoff of The Goblet of Fire.
Ryu Hayabusa being a P.E. teacher.
Possibly abominations to Devil May Cry them.

Possibly in the Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden universe.

I have notes and plot hooks and adventures and shit.
And no one mad enough in this third world country to play with.

Somebody pat my back.

A solo campaign.
If I do it for myself it's just not the same. Half a mind to run it on /qst/.

...That sounds like it's be really fun. If it's any consolation, I'd play with you if I lived wherever you live.

Not the one you replied to, but I just want you to know that you're the fuckin man for posting this

What kind of campaign are you thinking of? Cause your average campaign won't translate to much in a quest.

Do not give me that much credit. That stuff has been sitting on the wiki for some time but it is severely lacking in content.

The real content is here: pastebin.com/4GPrY6KF

For further inspiration read something like the manga Kongoh Bancho or watch Cromartie High (video provided) for a sillier take on the bancho concept.
dailymotion.com/video/x1gmwo4_cromartie-highschool-he-ate-my-pencil_tv

Ars Magica. Players I want to play aren't interested. Players that are interested are radical progressivist college student neopagans who understand neither the rules nor the setting.

fantasy power rangers

Feng Shui 2e in some form or fashion.

Maybe a Far Cry-inspired game where the PCs are foreigners who get stranded in the middle of nowhere and have to fight off pirates, smugglers, revolutionaries, and crazy cult people.

"Brown Box Business"

Friend Computer sends the Ttoubleshooters to deliver a package to Rob-B-IEE-3 in MUD Sector, Room 29c.

I never GMd a game of Paranoia, or any TTRPG for that matter, in my history of roleplaying. Plus I'm a bit of a perfectionist; I won't do it if I don't think I'll do it perfect.

>To play
A Mage the Awakening game, I really dig the lore and think I'd be able to be creative with the spell casting rules! Even better would be a Seers game, because I don't play selfish pricks that often.
Pic related, I'd want to be a Seer who is this to uppity Pentacles.

Or a Continuum game, oh man

>To run
I really want to do a mashup of Spelljammer and Planescape, though with planes like MtG. I'd want to spend a long time cooking up planes, with a big hub city that's kinda neutral ground but everyone intrigues around it. Plus magic spaceships, with boarding actions and swashbuckling.

Full powered xianxia campaign

There's just no system that can actually run Fate, and that drives me right up the goddamn wall.

>Play
Some mindlessly good murderhobo-ing in D&D 4E.

>Run
Right now I'd be happy for a stable player-base, but in an ideal world:
A heist campaign, starting modern day, with the players only pulling a heist every few in universe months (reason they're heisting in the first place to be decided during session 0. Ideally the players have indiscriminate license to steal whatever from whoever for a group of highly powerful corporations, just because it'll make it easier.)
For a few sessions it's relatively generic, perhaps a flair for the dramatic, White Collar/Leverage style, but somewhat plausible. Then their plan gets disrupted by a load of people across the world changing into odd, human-like creatures.
A few sessions later it happens again, but these creatures are brutish, stronger and tougher.

This continues, sometimes there'll be a few tweeest sessions on the trot, sometimes nothing for months at a time.

I want to run the career of the first Shadowrunners.

A cyberpunk biker gang game based around Akira, where the city gets progressively worse till the pc's have to start dealing with insane flesh monsters and streel riots.

Or a game about hell truckers.

I just want to play a superhero and save people
Already ran my perfect campaign, and it was fucking perfect (a world based on Zelazney's Amber using Mutants and Masterminds)

>That campaign you've always wanted to play in but never will
>That campaign you've always wanted to run but never could
MAID

Always wanted to play in a fantasy campaign that had Band of Brothers vibe to it. Like, all the PC's are part of an army/merc unit, kinda want it to also feel like Chronicles of the Black Company. Too bad the only IRL group I can find has two people that qualify as That Guy.

>a world based on Zelazney's Amber using Mutants and Masterminds

Tell me more.

>wanted to play
Supervillain campaign in New York. Our GM just fucked off with no explanation.
>want to run
Metal Gear Rising

Why don't I see assholes like you in the Game Finder General?
I need players looking for this aesthetic

>Supervillain campaign
Either you're someone who knows how to have a goodtime and not take themselves too seriously or you're a faggot.

Take me with you.

>Wanted to run a cozy/creepy winter campaign because the threads on tg from a few months inspired me
>don't have a groups, only two close friends who like rpg but it's hard to reunite on a frequent basis
>don't know what systems to use
>don't know how to structure the campaigns and the encounter

>suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/maidrpg.html
Go ahead and make a character

>play
I'd love to play a nice 5e or pathfinder game with a good dm. Someone who can improvise, and make the game challenging without forcing us to minmax.

>run
Traveller. The mongoose version looks most my style but I'd do any version. Unfortunately my players are busy and are more interested in medieval settings anyway

I did it using Trail of Cthulhu. Fitting enough for local cops maintaining law and order in Fuyuki as PC's.

shadowrun and shadowrun
my players are complete faggots, most of them have only heard that SR is UHHGH HARRRD but have no fucking idea, and the other one played THIRD FUCKING EDITION and uses that as a shield to never play with me

I was going to do it with D&D

The story would be bullshitted as Matou Zouken hired two participants to work together. The players would then have to pit up with starting at very different levels. Then I was going to give the modern day caster access to the d20 modern weapons and classes.

A campaign that doesn't end just because we get to a 'high' level and the GM doesn't want to put in the effort to figure out encounters.

Every. Damn. Time. Everyone in my group but me apparently hates it when our characters can handle themselves.

Were I not busy today, I could tell you about her.

NEVER EVER

A campaign I thought of years ago about the soul of an ancient witch in the land of the dead coaching and misleading the living in order to make her magic not be forgotten. It was dangerous stuff for sure but also almost dead knowledge and she didn't want it all dying. I had a whole slew of people she'd be influencing subtly for the party to meet and slowly put the pieces together.

An alchemist that learned how to trap souls into cards and was holding his family's souls until he could find bodies to replace theirs, because they were going to die of incurable sickness and did the same soulnapping to other people. A necromancer who could only ever speak to the dead who learned about Geass and made a contract with the spirit of an old soldier to come back to life and help her and used the geass to bind him to life. He was not there against his will either. A mechanic who learned to make perfect homunculi and golems and was going more than a bit insane.

If none of this sounds powerful or dangerous enough, the original setting I had in mind was ragnarok online which is where I was introduced to roleplaying way, way back

I feel your pain. I want to play Shadowrun but my group refuses to learn the rules, including the GM who runs the game. His usual response to someone trying to do something is to just have them roll the dice and then decide if it works. It leads to stupid shit like him saying that spells cast on concrete needs 12 hits.

It's shit like that too, systems where you're SUPPOSED to be powerful because all the enemies are so powerful, that my group won't touch.

I remade Majora's Mask from the ground up as a D&D campaign.

It never gets past the first day. Ever.

The characters discovered that they had a unique power to travel outside the limits of Earth, and got involved in an ancient conflict between higher beings. It was very plot driven and there was a lot of plot.
They could basically "shadow travel" at will and I had lots of fun dealing with the insane crap they tried to pull

I really wanted to do good old silver age supervillainy. I also liked the figure of the goon since I read the Superior Foes of Spiderman. But I also like dicks.

Why not spin up some characters and play it solo?

Hokuto no Ken for both.

>Play.
Fucking anything.
It seems like I am the only GM I know who doesn't drop a campaign after a couple sessions so I have been locked in as forever GM.
I would especially like to play MAID, Dark Heresy, or Monsters and Other Childish Things from the other side of the table.
>Run.
I would love to run a campaign set in the LISA, or Drakengard universe.
Unfourtunatly none of my players have played any of the games and likely wouldn't even if I asked them to since all they play are Bethesda RPGs and shooters.

Exalted can.

>man
dank idea

... dang, man. I've just started playing in a (one-shot-might-turn-into-a-campaign-according-to-the-GM) Lisa game. I never thought I'd see someone else craving it.
If that can comfort you, only the GM and I have played Lisa. The other two players are fine playing in a setting they don't know. So try it.

A pokemon or digimon based RPG.
I'd really love to play, but all my friends shun the very concept.

Reverse isekai. The players are actually awakened NPCs in an mmo. Surprise surprise, the people who play the game are assholes.

I think it's irony that FATE would be pretty decent at running Fate now that you've said that, but I have a really loose grasp on irony to be honest.

I SOOOO want that campaign, either as DM or player.

But it just seems like the people I know aren't into wuxia/xianxia, making a really difficult sell.

That makes sense since that's only a coincidence

youtu.be/a2krXq8fw90

Please go look up situational irony and pass the age of 18 before posting on Veeky Forums.

Thanks.

Neat.
What system are you using?

Yrs they definition of situational irony doors not change the fact that what he said is just coincidence but i can understand your tenuous grasp of the English language, we all had to start somewhere.

>doors not change

You're right user, doors do not change and we all have to start somewhere with learning the English language.

GM's homebrew. Very light because he's a roleplayer, not a cruncher.
We've got five stats that go from 1 to 3, and we roll dice yahtzee-style. Every point in a stat allows you to reroll once, and the higher combination you get, the higher your success.
He said he got to this from wanting something based on russian roulette.

phone - induced errors do not change the fact that at least one user doesn't understand irony or situational irony and uses insults to hide that fact.

>campaign you've always wanted to play in but never will
Any nWoD game where the ST knows the rules and plays the horror straight

>campaign you've always wanted to run but never could
A character based Mortals game where the party comes face to face with their personal demons and have to fight them off if they hope to ever escape the alternate world they have trapped themselves into. Pretty much not!Silent Hill.
But it's near fucking impossible, since not even a single player I've met ever wants to play a game that is both serious and puts their character in a disadvantage. Also, the amount of people who flatly no-sell a guardian gargoyle and try to talk or fight it is just disgraceful.

I've been building a setting for a Dark Tower/Oregon Trail game. Essentially the party would travel across a continent, meeting people, exploring the wilds, I even wrote a town that is composed of nothing but mimics hidden just off the path. Big focus on gunslingers, robots and magic. Most likely would use SW. Shitty part is finding players.

More the players I am part with, than the campaigns themselves.
Forever combat-focused DM playing in combat light political games

>Any nWoD game where the ST knows the rules
Jesus fucking christ this
>and plays the horror straight
Even more of an impossible dream
It hurts

Play: Some sort of contemporary fantasy campaign that plays like a battle manga.
It'd be a long, globe trotting adventure where the PCs all start as weak nobodies from bumfuck nowhere and evolve into heroes that save the world.

Host: I've hosted every single kind of campaign I could ever want to.
Hosting whatever I want isn't a problem.
My players play in whatever I want to run.

Yea, Wuxia is more well known but xianxia is virtually invisible. I'd love to play a xianxia campaign set in the Desolate Era universe or the MGA one.

Sounds fun.
I might throw together something using rules from other games we have been playing.
A heavily modified MAID could work pretty well for battles and character generation.

I know your pain, user.
TFW you love WoD but aren't retarded like most of the playerbase

Call of Cthulhu set on the Titanic

I'd rather Desolate Era over MGA, but that might be just me being slightly put off with MGA's MC.

Still... profound skills out the wazoo, weird reincarnation/soul shiznaz, divine pills of general awesomeness, and insulting young masters.

All in the time it takes to blink instead of my lengthy description.

(me)
I'd be thrilled.

That new one, kamigakari, can do it. Its got a literal heroic spirit race, a demon eye'd race, and a class that basically uses noble phantasms.

The creators a giant nerd.

An SCP foundation monster-of-the-week game where the players are a taskforce put together to hunt down mysterious as unexplained phenomona and creatures.

You could probably run a kickass GOC game via Delta Green. I'd play it.

I like Chu Feng, he starts off edgy but he really grows into himself as the series goes on. I also think I like the setting more because I know less about it, where in DE they're exploring alternate universes now. I'd play any xianxia setting really.

>wanted to play
SPACE FANTASY. Literally anything Space Fantasy. It's astonishing how few people run that type of setting or run it well, for that matter.
>wanted to run
A Megaman themed game where the players are reploid/cyborg/robot cops attempting to stop an evil scientist and his robot minions from taking over/destroying the city. I mostly have no idea what system to even run this in. Gamma World came to mind, but I am unsure.

I would love to run an all Fomori classic Werewolf: The Apocalypse game. There would be many opportunities to incorporate sick humor and body horror into the story. I don't know anyone around me who would be interested, unfortunately.

One campaign idea I've always wanted to try is an Only War campaign based on event horizon.
>Be on transport ship to war zone
>Gellar field malfunction
>For an instant the ship is unprotected in the warp until the captain pulls it out of the warp
>Shit has gone to hell, 80% of the crew is dead, 5% are possessed, and 12% have been driven mad
>The party doesn't know who will find them first, if a distress beacon has even been sent yet, who is alive, or indeed what happened

Essentially the ship would have had fucked up geometry from its time in the warp, cults and individuals driven mad by what they had seen while in the warp, crazy survivalists, and warp beasts prowling the halls.

Unfortunately I could never do this idea justice.

I've always wanted to run a fantasy adventure exploring world that gets thrust into the galactic stage when the party discovers they're actually in the far future and the world is recovering from the last catyclysm

muh nigguh

>>That campaign you've always wanted to run but never could
Sunless Sea campaign. I fucked up the system twice before settling for Stars Without Number after it gets heavily homebrewed and tweaked. I always say I'll do some work on it, but work & studies equals not enough time for anything that involves too much thinking. Even if I do make it, good luck trying to find anyone willing to play it.

I want to run a World Trigger campaign since it's modern, fun and deals with the problems of military and mercenaries of different worlds and how they attempt to negotiate and deal with each other.

I like world trigger, but the main character tends to drag things down every so often. I get that its sorta the point, but he needs to get his shit together

>Tfw eight sessions into a 5e game and players are still asking what die to use for skill checks

I'v always wanted to do a magical girl campaign but never found a group for it. My current group is completely edgy grimdark medieval no magic and I don't enjoy it at all. Would rather play cute girls doing magical things.

>want to run a Metal Gear Solid campaign that is incredibly detailed and authentic, basically a love letter to the franchise
>can't find people who are just as much into the series as I am
>am afraid that casual fans that played maybe 2 or 3 of the games aren't going to appreciate what I'll be trying to do as much as hardcore fans

>also afraid of this actually being really pretentious and me overstating my ability to run games, maybe my ideas are by far not as good as I imagine them to be and not wanting to play with casual fans is just dumb elitism on my part

That sounds terrible. Why even do that?

Because I need a change to forced grimdark that could come out of the mind of a 14 year old listening to in the end while applying black mascara

Or why I'm doing the grimdark shit in the first place? Because it's literally the only group in my 2000 pop. village. My english is not the best so I'm usually not accepted in most R20 groups.

Get some casuals and go for it. If you do it well, you might get them hardcore into like you and then they'll appreciate your work. And in any event, MGS is fun, so why not? What system do you plan on using?

Poor guy. you have my sympathy.

>Be artfag
>Had an idea to make a oneshot
>Haven't because my perfectionist bullshit would make me want to make EVERY SINGLE TOKEN AND MAP PIECE myself so I know it's just how I want it

I suppose I could and see if I could sell it on roll20 or something.

Darksprint 2. A sequel campaign.
I tried it TWICE and failed.
Never do sequels.

Not that guy but I for one would love to play an Immortals Handbook game with Gestalt Classes
Start at level 20 and work our way up

I wanted to throw something together in GURPS but some recent threads made me consider Wild Talents.

I can't make any recommendations for systems, I'm a relatively new tabletop gamer and only have experience with Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, and Black Crusade. I hear GURPS is super detailed and has rules and splatbooks for like any setting or scenario. That could be a good place to start. What's Wild Talents?

I've always wanted to both play and gm some decent twilight:2000 stuff

Wild Talents is a superhero system with a realistic and gritty tone, I thought it could fit Metal Gear because it could handle both the regular person to person action (sneaking and gunfights) but also handle supernatural people like Psycho Mantis or Quiet.

GURPS was my other choice because it could also handle the autistic realistic gun porn of Metal Gear (probably better than Wild Talents) and also has some splatbooks for superpowers, but I heard that the superpower supplements work best with weaker powers and Metal Gear at its craziest can get pretty over the top like Raiden stopping a ship the size of an oil tanker in its tracks and still walking after that.