What happens to renegade marines when they die (Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Blood Gorgons)?

What happens to renegade marines when they die (Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Blood Gorgons)?
They dont worship the emperor nor the chaos gods.

Snatched up by Malal?

I usually put them in my dead pile

Same thing that happens to those who worship the Emperor

No afterlife in the grimdark future, except for eldar as fucktoys for slaanesh.

I'd say a lot of them, especially Iron Warriors do get their souls snatched up by Daemons, as they generally err on the side of Heresy, same with Blood Gorgons, who do have a Daemonic patron if I'm not mistaken. If they do manage to keep away from full heresy (which is quite rare for renegade Space Marines) They probably just die like every other human that didn't worship the Emperor, unless there's some grimdark afterlife reserved for non chaos non emperor worshipers that I'm unaware of.

Safe to say, if you die in the warp, demons eat you.

If you die outside the warp, and you're not beholden to chaos, you just die the normal way. In 40k, the Emprah will absorb your psykik projections if deemed worthy; otherwise you just float around until your energy snuffs out.

If you ARE beholden to chaos, your psykik projection is turned into a demon of value based on your strength or what you've accomplished. Worshiping Chaos Undivided and eating babies typically means you turn into a little shit-devil that gets tortured by anything bigger than you, which is everything.

Do you really get turned into a Daemon though? I thought you just got your soul raped for eternity by whatever Daemon claims it

Maybe both? Daemons start nomming on your soul and the sorry mishappen remains turn into a daemon?

Probably depends on how much you've done for Chaos.

A cultist will just get raped for all eternity. A Chaos Space Marine will just become a weakling piss demon, with maybe a chance to get a promotion in 104508204580 years.

All y'all wrong, any unaligned soul dissipates in the warp. They're not conscious and don't feel much of anything, just kind of fade into the background energy for warp creatures to nom.

>unaligned soul

Most renegades aren't unaligned though.

>Do you really get turned into a Daemon though?

Yes, shitty unaligned Chaos badguys who never commit to a god become a Fury to be tormented for all eternity.

They transform into a fedora

they don't Die . They getting of the table and getting back to the bag

The fourth edition CSM book specifically states that undivided chaos dudes get turned into winged furies/imps and are more or less endlessly buffeted by the wings of chaos. Actual 10,000 year old CSM probably get turned into something better.

Your generic human cultists will get turned into a nurgling or something similarly useless depending on affiliation. People who were more useful in life probably end up as daemonette level, badasses get to be 40ft Bloodthirsters.

Abnett writes that non-chaos non-emprah dudes get an afterlife that's based on their life, which eventually snuffs out. That was in Eisenhorn, and probably one of the only things written on the subject.

40k is pretty bleak and anti-religious. If you're Chaos, you go to chaos town and get power equal to what the gods of chaos think you're worth. If you're Emprah, you're absorbed into his psykic conciousness. Otherwise, you're worm food.

>and anti-religious.

>a setting where gods and hell are actually real

An anti-religious setting would be one where the Gods are all fake and everything is a lie to make one man super-powerful.

This is not the case, as even though the Emperor was MAXIMUM FEDORA, he was still functionally (and in my opinion literally) a god, and faith in the Emperor canonically saves you from hell-beings and the closest thing to demons that exist, to the point where other gods fear the Emperor and consider him their equal in power.

How has this post existed for so long and not triggered Grognard/nucanon REEEEEEEing?

The warp gets them, they get eaten by Furies and dissolve into the collective consciousness of mankind, like all other humans that die without a patron god in 40k

>Emperor says all gods are fake
>Says chaos gods are just powerful entities
>no true afterlife
>just the absorption of lingering psykic energy

Where do unbelievers go? Nowhere, you just fizzle out over time. Where do believers go? Absorbed into some cosmic energy. Space Marines that don't worship the emperor probably don't even get absorbed.

There's no true afterlife in the setting. If you're not affiliated you just burn out into nothing. A setting where gods can die and 'gods' are accessible, even to a point, on the mortal plane isn't in line with our western Judeo-Christian values, user.

The entire point of 40k is that all of your options suck, and forging your own path involves meddling with daemonic forces that are hell-bent on making you wish you killed yourself instead of trying.

At least papa nurgle still loves you