mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art, by sets, by artists, and more
basiclandart.tumblr.com

> Budget lists for newer players
docs.google.com/document/d/1me_bqX45Fh_auKaETDcE6GgxWq569qspmBk1VoOtBHU/edit?usp=sharing

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

Deck Database
pastebin.com/44w1kkRZ

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/index/2ED#paper
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=833
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=1331
tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/29-05-17-nxw-bant-coco/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

iS JUND GUT FOR THIS POST MIRACLES META???

Jund still loses to fast combo, or so I've been told. When I've tried it I crushed combo with TSeize and Hymn though.

>Eidolon of memes
>Seize+IoK
>Hymn

>The OP Image
Thanks for that user

Got absolutely savaged last night at FNM. Played against 2 really bad matchups: Elves and Goblins. Worst part is that I misplayed through the Elves one and should have one. The Goblins one was weird and I won G1, and would have won G2 but he hit me with a topdecked Pyrokinesis and wiped my board, and I lost G3.

Beat a Topless Miracles deck though, so there's that.

Discard is good, but don't forget that Storm still has Past in Flames so it can recast whatever you discarded

Discard PiF.
Exile PiF.

>Exile PiF.

With what, Surgical? That can work, but you're leaning pretty heavily on drawing those cards in order to have a fighting chance

DRS.
Ooze.

I'd probably be playing Jund if I could give up Force and Chalice. The prison cards really get me though.

Been gone from MTG for over half a decade now and want to get back into Legacy. What's the best mono blue Merfolk deck right now? I got one of those fancy Force of Wills out of the new set and want to work on building up a mono blue Legacy deck.

You realize that ANT can easily go off Turn 3? What's Ooze going to do in that scenario? Listen, I get that DRS is strong and it's hard for Storm to beat it, but this isn't modern.

>What's the best mono blue Merfolk deck right now?
There really isn't one as far as I know. The best ones I've seen are just the Modern ones except they have 4 Force of Will in them, and I think Wastelands

You should have been disrupting him turn 1-3, the Ooze/DRS part was for the exile part.

A bit rusty right now, but you might be right on the speed storm can take now.

>this isnt Modern
You're right, Moderns a good format unlike this one

It also seems sweet vs all this delver running around

>You should have been disrupting him turn 1-3, the Ooze/DRS part was for the exile part.

Gotcha, that makes more sense. For what it's worth, I can see how Jund can beat Storm, but I think it's probably closer to a 50/50 matchup rather than there being a clear favorite. You can see how a good draw from Jund can close out a game quickly, but at the same time not having enough disruption will leave you dead.

>It also seems sweet vs all this delver running around
Punishing Jund is really good vs Delver, but I think this version is even worse vs fast combo. So it's meta dependent.

As said, long time no play, but I know JUND doesn't play nice with 'fair' decks, maybe JUNDK?

What happened to the thread? Was down for DAYS.

It's good to be back.

What are some good all around sideboard staples? I need to build sideboards for my depth and stiflenaught decks

No one wanted to make a new one.

I'm looking to make a Conspiracy 2 cube. What should my rarity split look like? I'm leaning towards 3/2/1/1 since that seems close to what an actual 36 pack draft would be like on average, but I'd like a second opinion.

The worst match up would be be reanimator. Maybe I will need leyline on the sideboard

My favorite spicy sideboard card is Defense Grid, but for Depths Not of this World can counter Swords hitting the Marit token, I've seen Lost Legacy in some sideboards and I guess if you can cast it early it can just neuter some decks.
Pic unrelated, some unfortunate burn player losing g2.

aaaaaaaaah I'm ready to die now

Bump

What deck did you use?

People were hoping that namefags committed suicide in the meantime. It didn't work

>What are some good all around sideboard staples? I need to build sideboards for my depth and stiflenaught decks

Pithing Needle is always a good one, especially since you can name Wasteland for your Depths deck.

Grafdigger's Cage could be good for Stiflenaught, not for Depths.

>As said, long time no play, but I know JUND doesn't play nice with 'fair' decks, maybe JUNDK?

Jund is a fine deck and is pretty decent vs most fair decks. It really has a problem with the Unfair decks, as says.

I wouldn't do 4 Colors, too much chance to get hated out of the game by the top decks

>What deck did you use?
Just saw this. I played Grixis Delver, with a configuration like this:

4x Deathrite
4x Delver of Secrets
2x Young Pyromancer
2x True-Name Nemesis
2x Gurmag Angler
4x Brainstorm
4x Ponder
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Force of Will
4x Daze
4x Gitaxian Probe
2x Cabal Therapy
1x Spell Pierce
1x Murderous Cut
4x Flooded Strand
4x Polluted Delta
3x Volcanic Island
2x Underground Sea
1x Tropical Island
4x Wasteland

Sideboard was:
1x Pithing Needle
2x Stifle
1x Fatal Push (I'm going to switch this out for a Forked Bolt probably)
2x Surgical Extraction
2x Pyroblast
1x Ancient Grudge
1x Baleful Strix
1x Liliana, the Last Hope (v good versus control and also versus other midrange decks)
1x Sulfuric Vortex (there's a topless miracles player at my store)
1x Sulfur Elemental
1x Fire Covenant
1x Sudden Demise

I was surprised I had trouble with Goblins given that I sided in Fatal Push and my 2 sweepers, but them's the breaks. I misplayed vs Elves G1, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory where I didn't attack with my shaman one turn and then got him down to 1 life - sucks to suck

HEY LEGACY FAGS, JUST HEARD THAT TOP GOT BANNED. HOW'S IT FEEL TO HAVE A GOOD FORMAT AGAIN?

Why aren't you playing mono black yet, tg?

I don't want to buy a Tabernacle.

Went to a legacy tournament this weekend. Heard the most autistic thing in my life. Dude who has been playing the stock new Miracles list on the Source said that he's been dropping leagues at 4-0 so his decklist doesn't get posted online.

Was very hard to contain my laughter. Wanted to ask him if he got 9th place in the tournament so he could avoid getting his decklist posted again.

He's one of THOSE guys, huh.

best part about this is that there is no way to confirm it, dude could totally suck at magic. I know some pros do it before major events so people don't know what they're on, but its totally ridiculous for a nobody who isn't even playing an innovative list.

Because I'd rather dome you with Bolts.

I knew who he was. Fairly well known in Miracles circles, so I imagine that he is telling the truth. Doesn't change the fact about how fucking stupid it is. It isn't like there is a fucking Legacy protour he needs to keep his shit hidden from. Secret list or not he's gonna get simian ape'd by a Show and Tell deck regardless.

>It isn't like there is a fucking Legacy protour he needs to keep his shit hidden from.

Nice trips
That being said, there is the GP in Vegas coming up in a couple weeks. But even then, he would have to be extremely good at Magic (like, Caleb Durward-tier) to even have come up with a powerful new variant of the deck.

>(like, Caleb Durward-tier)

Is that a joke? Caleb is fine, but he's not going to take down a GP any time soon.

Hm, Harsh Mentor has hit $1.50 (from its high of $10 a piece back when the set launched) on TCGPlayer. Do you think now is a good time to pick some up? I normally wait until fall to scoop up interesting cards for potential brews, but this seems like a pretty good price for its effect. What do you guys think?

>Is that a joke? Caleb is fine, but he's not going to take down a GP any time soon.

Allow me to clarify - I was referencing how he basically invented the version of Survival of the Fittest that eventually got it banned. He's a pretty decent deckbuilder, maybe not the best player.

My original comment was pretty ambiguous, no worries

He's not really played because Top was banned. Honestly, I wish he hit mana abilities too but then he'd probably be too good

>Honestly, I wish he hit mana abilities too but then he'd probably be too good
Yeah, shocking your opponent every time they tap a land might not be good gameplay.

He is a hate piece.
For something a bit uncommon.
On the color that isn't white.

He hits DRS, right? The one that exiles a land card to make mana?

yep, not a mana ability.

I laughed a lot when a guy named Led

Everytim.

Feels pretty good, man.

Short answer: too many expensive cards with no crossover value.

The funny part is that if he's dropping at 4–0, he has no idea whether he'd actually manage to 5–0 a single one of the leagues.

I'd laugh when someone named anything with Harsh Mentor. Of course, I've seen a lot of people name LED with Pithing Needle. Good times all around.

Why Fire Covenant instead of something like Toxic Deluge?

Because I'm pretty sure if you had to run Wrath of God or instant speed Plague Wind in your Delver/Pyro/TNN deck I think you'd favor the later.

Silly me; I keep forgetting that decks tend to run creatures of their own.

>I'd laugh when someone named anything with Harsh Mentor.

You don't name anything with Harsh Mentor, though. It's like Suppression Field, it's a prison effect.

>Yeah, shocking your opponent every time they tap a land might not be good gameplay.

Lel, good call man. Yeah that could've been better thought out on my part

>Why Fire Covenant instead of something like Toxic Deluge?

What said, basically it is an instant speed Plague Wind. I liken it to a "Super Dismember"

That's my point.
>He hits DRS, right?
>yep, not a mana ability.
>I laughed a lot when a guy named Led

In fairness, hitting fetches is a pretty good aspect of Harsh Mentor. Getting Bolted to fix your mana is pretty—well—harsh.

I don't play anything that would run Harsh Mentor, but I think it's got potential. The main problems I see with it are that it doesn't stop people from slinging spells or attacking and it goes poorly with Blood Moon.

4x brainstorm
4x ponder
4x daze
4x force of will
4x phyrexian dreadnought
4x myr servitor
3x thopter foundry
3x sword of the meek
4x thirst for knowledge
4x stifle
4x lotus petal
+ lands

This is more of a casual legacy deck. Can someone notice something to improve this? I know torpor and sundial are cards but im still thinking about them.

What's the point of Myr Servitor? You could also play vision charm.

i just decided to throw it out there cause its a 1/1 for meek and artifact for the sac/draw spells. And it keeps coming back with more of them.

I didn't really think of the synergy with TFK, but I don't think that's a good enough reason to play it. There's got to be better cards.

Transmute Artifact or Reshape can let you turn Servitors and Swords into Dreadnoughts and Foundries.

Hi guys, I have a series of questions regarding Dredge decks. I was at a Legacy tournament yesterday and lost against such a deck. I knew the combo (basically, Narcomoeba + Dread Return + Bridge from Below) but I wanted a little more details.

The combo trigger was Breakthrough for 0: my opponent dredged 5 instead of drawing the first card, which put another dredger and a Narcomoeba in the graveyard, he used that new card to dredge again, and soon he had his whole deck in the yard. He then sacced the Narcomoebae to bring back a shitty creature giving haste to all his zombie tokens.
At that point, several questions come to me:
- can he use what went in the graveyard instead of drawing the first card to replace the drawing of the next one? is "drawing four cards" actually "drawing one then one then one then one" or should he declare what replacement effect he uses beforehand?
- when do the Narcomoebae come into play? After the fourth card is drawn and the hand discarded? as soon as it gets in the yard from the library? can I bolt it before the next dredging to prevent three creatures from being on the battlefield at the same time? (it all depends on the number of Bridges from Below in the yard though)
- can I reply to the arrival of Narcomoeba into play with a Faerie Macabre (or Crop Rotation into Bojuka Bog), to exile Dread Return during the resolution of Breakthrough, so that the sorcery can't be played?

Basically, I have a hard time evaluating the timing for my possible answers to the combo (which is much easier to evaluate against Storm combo decks...). Every help is welcome.

Oh you played against the mana version of dredge?

I saw some Gemstone mines and Cephalid Coliseums, but also a LED. So... should I call it half and half?

A lot of stuff to answer here so I'll try to keep it as clear as possible for you.

>- can he use what went in the graveyard instead of drawing the first card to replace the drawing of the next one? is "drawing four cards" actually "drawing one then one then one then one" or should he declare what replacement effect he uses beforehand?

Yes, drawing four is actually drawing one then one then one then one. It is similar to is there is an effect such as Lantern of Insight or Field of Dreams in play that you need to flip over the top card and reveal it before you can draw it. With that said, yes gets to do the dredge five and see what goes into the graveyard before he has to choose what to do with the next draw.

>- when do the Narcomoebae come into play? After the fourth card is drawn and the hand discarded? as soon as it gets in the yard from the library? can I bolt it before the next dredging to prevent three creatures from being on the battlefield at the same time? (it all depends on the number of Bridges from Below in the yard though)

The Narcomoeba trigger as they go into the graveyard from the library. However the triggers don't actually go onto the stack until the spell (in this case Breakthrough) has fully finished resolving (ie discarding down to X cards). Once Breakthrough is done you put the triggers for each Narcomoeba that entered the graveyard on to the stack. You can respond inbetween the triggers but by then all of the cards will be in the graveyard.

>- can I reply to the arrival of Narcomoeba into play with a Faerie Macabre (or Crop Rotation into Bojuka Bog), to exile Dread Return during the resolution of Breakthrough, so that the sorcery can't be played?

Yup. There are two ways to do this. Since this is all happening in the draw step priority will still have to be passed to you after all the graveyard shenanigans have happened. If you just want to Faerie Macabre the Dread Return, make sure you do it either in response to

Cont

in response to the Narcs triggers OR when priority is passed to you while still in their draw step. If you let them move to their Main Phase 1 then you won't have priority and they will be able to Flashback the Dread Return before you can get rid of it. In terms of Crop Rotating for Bojuka Bog you would definitely want to do it while the Narc triggers are all on the stack. That way when you Bog them, the Narcs will be exiled and when the triggers resolve there will be nothing to return.

Hope that helps. Figuring out the timing on when you can get rid of stuff against Dredge is one of the most valuable ways to stem bleeding until you can slam something powerful like Rest in Peace or a Yixlid Jailer etc.

If you see any lands it's regular Dredge. If you see cards like Phantasmagorian, Nether Spirit, Whirlpool Rider then it's Manaless Dredge.

I also realized that a good way to fuck with them would be to bolt on of my own creatures when the Narcs triggers are on the stack. I didn't study that guy's deck extensively but I didn't see any other wincon than "lots of zombies".

Then it was regular dredge. I would have preferred manaless, Breakthrough is really powerful in that one...

>drawing four is actually drawing one then one then one then one

This. One thing for clarification: off a single spell or ability, the draws all happen in a row with no opportunity for responses to individual draws. The only reason the opponent is allowed to choose a card he just flipped over with the previous draw is that Dredge is a replacement effect, not an ability (it can't be Stifled, for instance). The cards you flip over off of a Dredge are considered to be in the graveyard during the draw spell's resolution even if they weren't there when the spell started resolving.

>"drawing four cards" actually "drawing one then one then one then one" or should he declare what replacement effect he uses beforehand?

I don't think replacement effects have timing restrictions. They just change the effect of something that has its own timing restrictions. So he doesn't have to declare what replacement effect he's using until the action being replaced would occur.

>when do the Narcomoebae come into play? . . . can I bolt it before the next dredging to prevent three creatures from being on the battlefield at the same time?

Narcomoeba triggers when it hits the graveyard from the library, but the EtB goes on the stack after whatever spell or effect put it there is done. Then each Narco trigger will resolve in whatever order the Dredger chooses. So you can't Bolt one during the resolution of a draw spell, but you can respond between separate Narco triggers if more than one gets dredged out during one spell's resolution. N.B.: Don't Bolt a Narcomoeba when the opponent has Bridges.

>can I reply to the arrival of Narcomoeba into play with a Faerie Macabre . . . to exile Dread Return during the resolution of Breakthrough, so that the sorcery can't be played?

Narcomoeba doesn't enter the battlefield until Breakthrough resolves, so no. However, you can use instants/instant-speed abilities in response to one of the Narcos entering the battlefield.

>a replacement effect, not an ability (it can't be Stifled, for instance).

Further clarification: Replacement effects are abilities cards have (so things that cause cards to lose abilities in the graveyard will cause them to lose Dredge), but they're not activated abilities or triggered abilities, so they can't be countered.

>N.B.: Don't Bolt a Narcomoeba when the opponent has Bridges.
Yup. The point would have been to avoid having 3 creatures on the field at a given time, but he would simply have to sacrifice one token instead of a Narc.

>Narcomoeba doesn't enter the battlefield until Breakthrough resolves, so no.
Well, if the triggers are put in the stack when Breakthrough ended resolving, I could definitely discard Faerie (or use Surgical extraction or Crop rotate into Bojuka or activate Nihil spellbomb) to exile Dread Return before the Narcs are into play, and before my opponents gets to cast a sorcery... couldn't I ?

>Yes, drawing four is actually drawing one then one then one then one.
Also, another question: should someone have Future Sight / Courser of Kruphix into play, and play Brainstorm or Sylvan Library, should he reveal all the cards he draws?

Yes

As a TES player, I need help to sideboard against BR reanimator

4 Surgicals and lotsa prayer. Nothing you can really do besides having the turn 1 Ad Nauseam->Tendrils.

Bribery as a Burning Wish target is fun, it's pretty hard to lose when you get a turn one flying, lifelinking Yawgmoth's Bargain in a storm deck. It's honestly worth running just for the reactions to using it. Also lots of surgicals/faerie Macabres.

You don'tneed turn 1 before sideboard (on the play). You just win t2 while they stare their useless griselbrand

Most br players will draw 7, and then make you discard if their draws don't suck. So the match up isn't exactly favorable, play or draw. Sometimes they don't even reanimate on t1, and instead play a discard spell. Lots of ways it can go wrong

Sup /Legacy/, I'm just beginning to get interested in the format after the banning of Top. I was looking at some Nic Fit lists and I was curious if the deck is good in the new meta game. Also would it just be better to play a BUG list with leovold instead of the Abzan GSZ lists?

nic fit is always playable but never really "good." It is definitely fun though, there's a ton of stuff you can do with the deck and a lot of deck-building decisions to make, and games rarely play out in the same manner every time. As for bug v junk, it really depends on how you like to play the game and what cards you want to use, I don't think one is necessarily that much better than the other.

Bumperooney

Found a box of mtg cards from the early 90's my question can I build a decent deck or are my cards irrelevant now pic related

lol

Also these are from the revised edition correct?

I dont get it

They are from Unlimited edition. No copyright date.

Thanks man my first time on /tg wasn't sure where to ask

why don't you post them all and we'll be able to tell you better. Those are some of the weaker cards from the set.

Check this out and report back what you got, I'm kinda curious
mtggoldfish.com/index/2ED#paper

100% Revised, not Unlimited. Also all cards in the picture are carp, but if you have other stuff from back then, i.e. Duals, then you may have some good shit/$$$.

Revised, compare Unlimited Black Ward:
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=833

To Revised:
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=1331

Text is smaller in Revised.

So far I sorted them by color into stacks no artifacts strangely Idk where to even start

Seems like ice age, portal, and mirage are the bulk

You also have some Ice Age and Portal cards, still crap for what is visible.

Also The Dark. Separate shit out and take pictures of as much as you can and we can see if there's anything of value. So far all bulk crap, but that's just the top that we can see.

tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/29-05-17-nxw-bant-coco/

Am I a retarded faggot or what?

you dumb nigger separate them all out onto the carpet and take clear pictures

>4 Batterskulls
>Sol Ring
Oooh baby what is you doin?

hey guys I need help building a deck, what are some cards that play with +1/+1 counters? like kalonian hydra, zamsec guildmage, or even scavenging ooze.

I /kinda/ have a decklist, but I'm still really new and don't know whats out there

jesus that's bad. You should only have two stoneforge targets in the main. 4 Batterskull is utterly retarded as it's a complete non-bo with collected company. Brainstorm isn't really gelling with what you're trying to do here. Why is phantasmal image in the deck? Take out Sol Ring.

I would keep the artifacts to 1 Jitte and 1 Batterskull. Add more value and hatebear type creatures (knight of the reliquary, gaddock teeg, etc.). Wrath is utterly idiotic too if you're playing a collected company deck (the majority of decks you're playing against in legacy either don't care about it like combo decks, counter it (delver, stoneblade), or you should just fight them on the ground (death and taxes)

Just taking the old dual lands I have and smashing them together with a bunch of bullshit. I want to ramp and try to grab coco with Brainstorm.

Sorry about the pics before

If you're playing with SFM then you don't need 4 Batterskull. Also Sol Ring is not legal in Legacy

Should I even be posting here

4th Ed Land Tax ~$20
Rest in pic is crap