mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E415aFoSDcY&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best god

Laughing at the fact that boxnaughts just got their +1 attack, then were left in the dirt once again as an inferior walker.

>"TWINS THEY WERE"
>"PREPARE TO BE PURGED"

>daily duncan

Is 8th ed going to Make Grey Knights Great Again?

So now that we have the rules out there. When are we going to our hands on some armys

Pretty much. You get the rare army that can do both fairly easily, like 30k Mechanicum, where my army has 100 Fearless chaff that can form a line across literally the entire board and sweep the while thing. In battles against melee armies that can quite literally be the entire front line. Thing is, I can also have things like Macrocarids, which are Land Raider Redeemers sans Assault Vehicle filled with 3+ armour Custodes carrying Assault 4 PE Gravguns, and artillery batteries, AND suicide drop Haywire, AND squads of 4W Kastelans.

That basically means I can do everything at once, and blast any strongpoints like the ones you mention to tiny bits, occupy and hold with heavy tanks and such and wait for the Levies to make their way through to me. That SHOULD be what Guard, Chaos and Nids can pull off, but everything gravitated to deathstars unless you made the tarpits truly gigantic and infinite, like the Renegades Unending Host. Hopefully that will change in 8e.

First for Khorne predator tank with all the guns and destroyer blades

Well, GK are gonna hit on a 3+ in CC, and Force weapons do D3 wounds by default and no longer have to be turned on.
And no more deep strike scatter.
And being able to charge after deepstrike.

Soon to be dead god.

based slanny the tranny

>eddie is finnaly making a come back
Got to say, I love the new dreadnought. It does a much better job of being the new eddie than the contemptor IMO

Well... rip.

>Hitting on 3+
>D3 wounds
>Always on
>No scatter.
>Charge after deepstrike

I CAN ABHOR THE DAEMON TO THIS

It's gender fluid, cis scum.

Shame he died.

>honourary bolter fire in the distance.

Oh don't worry I'll be sending your brother to finish the job soon enough Girlyman. Or you could join him and Drago...

>mfw best god first post

>In a threeway ofcourse.

when on a pleasure planet...

Needs a tau sept in there somewhere.

>Mortarion announced

Still have a gigantic painting backlog not even counting the new stuff I have to buy to make my Word Bearers fit for 8th edition abd they keep releasing interesting shit non stop now. Pls GW stahp it I can't paint that fast.

Zoneghostbusterswebm

I want a super boxnought with a jump pack like Intercessors.

I have better god to worship.

And a Cog Mechanicum.

Guilliman's cock?

Fuck. I didn't know I wanted that until just now.

I sorta want it to have giant turbo fans on the side like a plague drone.

>He did IA and HH books
>He also did FF WHFB and 40K books for the RPGs

That's sad. How old was he and what made him pass away?

Yes space elf. Give your souls to totally not Slaanesh.

judging by the picture he wasnt in the best of health

>better god

i also worship her feet user

Nah. Depends on how much but he doesn't look that much.

Maybe heart problems? But then it would be linked to the above.

Darn. Still sad.

Not that old.

he had cancer

>Spoiler

FUCK. It strikes again.

>>Mortarion announced
Where? I feel like I'm seriously out of the loop right now between this and the new dread in the OP.

>totally not slaanesh
I would really like Slaanesh's defeat to be brought about by cegorach convincing her to fuse with ynnead with a promise of surpassing the other ruinous powers.

>T H I C C

How do detachments work?

Like, some of them are meme ones that just say '1 lord of war'.

What use is that? Can you take multiple detachments?

>Primaris keep losing
2 wounds and 30" weapons and still get their ass handed to them?
I wanted to like this guys, I'm dont know what to think now.

>Can you take multiple detachments?
Yes.

The feet look way to small from this angle.

>Can you take multiple detachments?

Yes. You can mix and match them any way you like.

>Spoiler
>Releasing new Nurgle stuff right now
There is only GrimDark.

That seems a bit bureaucratic.

You'll just be able to run anything really. Command points are the only thing that this affects in the end.

>primaris marines have already taken enough casualties to field dreadnoughts

maybe its the drone's 2d6 auto hit shots and the lord of contagion's airborne aids rule

Remember existing marines can be upgraded to chadmarines, hence Primaris captains, ancients etc.

Nah, Cancer is all Tzeentch, cells changing causing mutations. Turns out, change is bad.

Little brother marine had an accident while trying to impress his big brother and Celestine.

Shh. Haniki is sleeping.

If they can swap helmets you can probably just stick normie space marine heads in a box.

Do we know anything about Nurgle Daemons for now? Two Start Collecting boxes are enough to make a legal 1k pts army for AoS but I'm worried it will be not enough for 8e

That's the entire point of it. GW didn't want to invalidate any armies that are currently possible with formations, which in understandable. Nothing is more infuriating than your army becoming illegal.

Command Points, Keypoints and Strategems is how you'll be rewarded/punished for how you use them.

Seems just to be a new pattern of dreadnought for space marines though. The teaser said "Space marine redemptor dreadnought", nothing about it being primaris yet.

Or the 6s inflict no wounds. Or the 6s inflict mortal wounds in melee. Or the 3 niggas who are basically HQ characters.

Imagine being the Coffin-Marine who gets dragged out of your chill killy coffin to be injected with all sorts of shit before being jammed back inside a different box that is now much taller, throwing off your balance.

"Tankred ain't gonna endure this shit"

Maybe the plague marines are just way more resilient with their FnP than the primarines with their extra wound.

The community posts were specifically saying "wait until you see the primaris dreadnought", so no

>Guys, I can't feel my storm bolter!

Seems cruel to bully the elderly like that.

Well yeah, it's +1T and a 1/3 chance to ignore any wounds that make it through their save, fuckers are really resilient.

You really took the old grey for a jog around thinking city, boi.

Following the arguing last thread
Space marines are most popular
Followed by spiky marines then?
What follows that, what is non marine and popular, what will GW be cashing in on next

But that answer made zero sense, because why would you not be allowed to just take the redemptor dreadnought and zero primarines if you like the one and not the other ?

It just sounded like a poor PR salespitch. Why would liking the dreadnougth suddenly also make you like numarines ?

>Dead tyranid
fwp

>getting asked to paint something that looks like it'd be fun to paint by a friend

I know. I'm not defending it, yet I have to admit that's what we were told.

They just don't have the firepower. Look at how many Death Guard models there are and how tough they are.

>20 poxwalkers with DR
>7 3+ sv T5 Marines with DR +2 characters + a psyker that makes them get hit at -1 penalty
>10 Wound 3+/5++ T7 blight drone with DR
>2+/4++ 6 Wound T5 Terminator Lord with DR
Meanwhile a Primarine costs basically the same as two Tac Marines but gets half as many shots, the +6" range and a bit of AP doesn't make up for that unless you're shooting at models with a very specific armour save and no DR

Hell even the Inceptors with their 18 shots are only doing
12 hits
8 Wounds
~5 dead Poxwalkers per shooting phase, or 30pts worth, meanwhile that Inceptor unit costs 160pts and you've got stuff like the Blight-drone and the Lord tossing out Mortal Wounds.

And then those poxwalkers can respawn their guys by killing Primarines in CC.

Mortarion/Death Guard stuff will be released following 8th.
Hoping Imperial Guard are next up for an update.

What are you on about?

anyone else hoping chaos furies get new models or am I alone on this?

Did some IG vs SM with the rules we know so far. Game was quick and intuitive. Battle cannons where good against both meq and dreadnoughts. Had an IG infantry squad wreck a tactical squad in hth. Charging to attack first is pretty good.

I hadn't really thought of it, but 1/3 deaths isn't that far from 1/2 deaths. The +1 toughness probably makes up the difference.

New models is always a good thing, but if I were to make a list of the minis I'd want new sculpts for Furies would be towards the bottom.

Can't wait to watch these punch some MC faces

Will things like the Poxwalker curse of the walking pox require "reserve points"? In Age Of Sigmar i remember a lot of cool abilities like neferata's "summon a vampire when you kill a hero" got kind of shut down by reserve points, since they became inferior to just taking a vampire or summoning it with a spell.

It's not the Plague Marines being that much better, it's the combination of the Blight-drone, the 20 chaff guys, and the characters.

The Poxwalkers being immune to Morale probably pushes them over the edge.

So. Are the rulebooks really going to be cheaper or was that a GW lie?

Yeah!

It only requires reserve points if it says it does. Since we have seen the full rules of the Curse of the Walking Pox we know that it doesn't.

The rulebook is free

do you read the threads at all, shit for brains?

Miss my painting buddy.
I paid him in models, or assembling his stuff. Like below starvation prices.

The basic rules will be free, who gives a shit about the rulebook.

The Index books (replacements for Codex books) will probably be expensive as hell since each contains multiple factions.

Bullshit. I mean the physical copy.

I see it now, thanks. I wanted to make a full Primaris army, but I'm new at the game and dont know how to counter people with such a strong army literally out of the box and who will kick my ass even if they are just as new. What should I look for to equilibrate?

>The Index books (replacements for Codex books) will probably be expensive as hell since each contains multiple factions.
not true.
They're just a quick overview of all the units in the factions, no fluff or anything. They're going to be fairly cheap.

No mention of that.
But seeing as it's going to be an optional luxury, don't bet on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=E415aFoSDcY&t=0s

Oh! Is there an example of a rule that says it needs reserve points? I know they vaguely alluded to pink horrors needing reserve points to split.

20 european burgerdollars. Not expensive at all.

>The Index books (replacements for Codex books) will probably be expensive as hell since each contains multiple factions.

They will be 20$/€ according to the price leak.

They are ~22 Euros / 15 GBP each, so not very expensive.

Well fuck, that was cool.

So how badly do you guys think the various flavor of xenos lore are going to get simplified and butchered because we dont even have individual codexes anymore?
How much do you wanna bet that the ultramarine entry is gonna be longer than say: The tyranid one?
Especially considering that they probably donated 50% of the blood angels entry to the ultramarines.

I will miss old codices. I like the lore+rule combo.

How would DA or Iron Hands react to primaris marines?

I am also new and i dont like marines but i don't think theres much people can tell you yet. Because we don't know the stats of other things, like the space marine tanks, walkers and land speeders it is hard to know which model is right for you. That said if you can find some strength 6+ weapons that do many hits those might work. Is there a big flamer weapon like that?

>The Index books will probably be expensive as hell
Not true. Every Index costs 15 british-dollars
>replacements for Codex books
Also not true
"Oh, and don’t worry, this doesn’t mean Orks and Tyranids are now on the same side, it just means they share a book for the moment. In the future, they’ll get their own dedicated codexes."

Painting buddies are blessings upon the world. I really love my friend and enjoy spending time painting things with him. No homo at all