New Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay edition coming

And it's in the Old World, not during Age of Sigmar.

belloflostsouls.net/2017/05/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-new-edition-announced.html

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

cubicle7.co.uk/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-roleplaying-game-announced/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More excited about the AoS one desu.

I've never heard of Cubicle7, but after perusing some reviews of their LotR RPG, they sound good. We'll have to see how it is.

Also, if/when they start doing 40k RPGs, it'll be interesting to see if they divide it between pre/post-Gathering Storm, since they're divying up Old World and AoS.

How bad is AoS that, they went back to the Old World as a setting for the new RPG?

I would have thought GW would have forced any new rpg to based in their new setting.

AoS is getting an RPG though.

Both are getting an RPG with different system, i wonder which one of their own system they will use for which of WFRP and AoS one.

Really? cool. Do you have a link?

I wonder if the two systems will compete with each other for sales.

cubicle7.co.uk/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-roleplaying-game-announced/

Thanks mate. It's a shame they have different rule sets, I'd have liked a degree of cross compatibility.

Anywho it's a good day for everyone that both universes are being supported.

that would be massively gay

>noname devs
>launching two self-competitive products
Cool idea

They're well known in the RPG crowd as one of the best small teams.

By the looks of it GW has basically forced them to make an AoS RPG in conjunction with the Fantasy one.

When news first came out a few months ago they only mentioned getting the Fantasy licence and on their website they only announced making a new edition of WFRP.

What a retard you are. They gave the same level of announcement to both: a mention on their facebook and a mention on their page.

No, they announced WFRP a month ago and announced the AoS one a few days ago at the same time as GW did.

They don't give a fuck about it and I can't say I blame them. All anybody cares about is WFRP.

>T-they don't care! T-they don't care okay!!

They announced shit back then. It was Zweihandler who leaked the info and most likely omited the AoS part. The day prior to them publicly announcing WFRP they teased the AOSRPG's date too. They are having a fucking seminar about AOSRPG right now at Warhammerfest. Almost no mention of WFRP.

The two settings have a huge theme difference which should also be illustrated by the system mechanisms.

Well known studio and the two settings are in now way competing with each other (huge difference in theme and audience)

>WHFB
>at Warhammerfest
Pick one
Also, who the fuck need AoSRPG and WHFB RPG?

>They don't give a fuck about it
Projecting so hard bro

This thread is the first I've heard of a AoS RPG title by them. My social media feeds are full of the return of WHFRP though, which is appropriate, who cares about a AoS RPG setting?

No one needs a AoS RPG but GW is pushing its current brand, and teh fans demands a new WHFRP RPG so there's both.

That you live on a rabbit hole isn't our concern.
Because, again, you are the entirety of the fanbase. There's plenty of people who've been interested in an AoS RPG.

AoS fans are the only ones projecting, you get baited so hard because you know it's true.

Without GW propping you up nobody would care.

>There's plenty of people who've been interested in an AoS RPG.
But understanding of TTRPG mechanics will be too hard for such people

Its 2017 time to stop being bootyblasted about AOS bud

> le current year

If something is shit, it doesn't suddenly stop becoming shit 3 years later.

If you seem able to understand the I'm pretty sure those interested will be able to.

AoS is a fine miniature wargame.

What is there in it to make a RPG about though?

>rabbit hole
Yeah, every general big RPG feed available and not a word about AoS, untill this thread. Course that might be the algorithm and not the fact that people just don't care about a AoS RPG enough to post that news.

being fannyflustered for 3 years is really pathetic

Because its new setting that needs more lore and story.

> Projecting this hard.

>that needs more lore and story.
For what reason?

Fair point, except GW is absolutely horrible at giving material outside of its control (FFG RPGs) any content support that actually develops lore and story.

Which is another reason I'm looking forward to this version of WHFRP. Now that the miniature wargame don't exist any more they should have the freedom to do whatever they want and need with it, to explore all the far reaches that they never could as GW hadn't decided what to do with them (army books).

One of the best developers in the market bro. I haven't yet seen a game they made any large errors in.