Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you feel about the energy guns in Starfinder? Should they do more damage?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47701250/#47707054
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

CURRENTLY RECRUITING:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way

>Huge tits in a button-up shirt

Oh my god this is a thing I never knew I liked.

Laser rifles should be doing like, 1d12+Dex of force or something

Why?

Discuss.

Should I gestalt Phantom Blade and one of the following?

>Brutal Slayer/Bushi Stalker
>Ordained Defender (NOT OD/ZS) Warder
>Warpath Follower Inquisitor
>Pathwalker Psiwar
or
>get up into shenanigans w/ a Soulknife Mindblade AND a Phantom Blade as a Warsoul

Yes and Magic Missile should be doing 4d12+4

>Pathfinder
You fucking imbecile. You had one job. Paizofinder General or Paizo Games General. Not Pathfinder.

It's missing a lot of the information we already know about Soldiers, so it is either from an earlier version or it is an NPC.

Either way, it is not enough to start screaming about and is clearly not enough to make you claim Starfinder is a failure.

Fuck off man, we all know what it means.

To kill shit? What the fuck else could it be for? Greatswords deal 2d6+1.5Str, so my proposal is still weaker than just hitting someone>Hey guys I think that everyone should be required to wear seatbelts when driving
>YEAH AND I BET WE SHOULD ALL STAY IN BUBBLES AND DRINK SOUP THROUGH A STRAW TOO

Shut up, StarToad. We get it, you don't understand balance.

kill yourself m8

Change it for the times, dumbass.

Starfinder isn't out

How do you feel about Flower Court knowing what you know now?

>taking the cyberknot

Different strokes, I guess

Notable things:

- Unwieldy trait on the melee weapon, implying that the gun can make multiple attacks
- A "light" ranged weapon does 1d10
- The armor probably has separate EAC and KAC bonuses
- "analog" item trait
- HP is calculated in some unusual way
- Where's that extra +4 to Initiative coming from?
- Reduced skill check DCs - theme-based?
- Mobility may actually be useful if EAC/KAC are that low at 1st level
- Martials might get easy access to area attacks with grenades?
- "Common" is still the default language (blah)
- 1st-level armor can act as a spacesuit
- Potions are a thing, but the "mk 1" suggests they aren't directly based on spells

What am I doing wrong? I just feel like shooting should be at least only a little weaker than stabbing/slashing/bashing
Also d12s are aesthetic as fuck and deserve more use, you got me

>taking mobility ever
>at first level even

does Paizo even play their own games?

It's Gloriana's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-granddaugher

What do I know now?

d10 is my diefu

Huh? Did something change recently?

>What do I know now?
Only celebs will get in.

Maybe Mobility is Elephant tax dodge but named Mobility instead of Dodge.

How do I know that? Broodie's app is still pretty shite and Wist's app is literally a bad guy.

>It's Gloriana's great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-granddaugher
>that disappointing bust

For shame

considering how they use 15 pb, I'd say no

Wist is shit, Broodie is shit, Disk hasn't finished his application. The only player with a quality is Sappy.

>Wist's app is literally a bad guy

How do you figure? There is literally nothing wrong with telecommunications.

Who's interested in some late neolithic/early bronze age vampire hunting?

Gloriana was never about the tits, she was about the thick juicy ass.

After all, monsters and animals alike associate round, bubbly rears with fertile mates.

It's not telecommunications it's literally the Blorg.

Nice ass, wide hips, powerful thighs, and bountiful tits are all needed to be good breeding material. In other words, she gotta be thicc, boi.

That girl doesn't have that either! Somebody fucked up going down that family tree and started hooking up with skeleton bitches.

Fuck off Succula / Slow

Where could I expect to find pineapples on Golarion?

How hard do you think they would be to import.

Actually, I don't think that's 15 PB. If you do the math, with a +2 Str bonus. that's 16 PB by Pathfinder rules.

I don't think they'd do a 16 PB system, so it's probably using some different kind of point buy.

We don't know what penetrating does yet. For all we know it is actually better than melee weapons.

As you've been told already, WE DON'T HAVE THE WHOLE RULEBOOK, STOP THIS NONSENSE.

You were right the first time. ;^)

All the non-celeb players will get their characters instantly dominated by Wist's character so she has a ton of mooks to fling against the celeb players.

Literally nothing wrong with that. It's not like Rintanet means death and galactic genocide. It just means harmony and easy communication. What's not to like?

Penetrating makes it do one more damage against objects.

I want Wist to dominate my character!

Source?

>the only player
But Giancarlo and Cornelia are unequivocally good?

>It was practically by accident that she discovered how to force unwilling targets into her collective and keep them there. This wasn't unwelcome: now she could make people listen to her, when she really needed to. A nagging shadow formed at the back of her mind.
>Training and research continued. Rintaƫlle could manifest nonstandard powers over her collective. That was good. She learns that there's the potential to use the collective link to bypass a target's resistances against spells and powers. The shadow grew heavier. She could share her mind's processing power with allies to let them enact split second movements on reflex. Good, good.
>It would be so easy to overload a member's mind with hostile impulses, forcing them to suffer, or creating crippling weaknesses for other members to take advantage of.

DC 16 isn't that hard to save against.

That might be something like "+(level) damage" rather than a static 1, though.

>Where could I expect to find pineapples on Golarion?

Sargava canonically grows them.

I said instant, and I meant it. DM fiat will have them auto-fail because they aren't celeb players.

>Thinking Glory Hole is lacking in any part of being bodacious
I still have her non granblue NSFW art saved~ The one where a naked woman is standing in a lake!

Protag isn't a cunt

Guys, guys! It's okay! Remember, armor as EAC and KAC, which means Energy and Kinect.

Kinect AC is only useful against things like arms and crowbars, while energy AC is for stuff like lasers.

Needless to say, EAC is always going to be extremely high compared to KAC because everyone is obviously going to be using lasers.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/47701250/#47707054

>2hu LITERALLY asked about this exact same problem Flower Court has (reusing your character as an NPC/bit character and letting the player play them)
>/pfg/ called it shit then
>now they think Flower Court doing the exact same shit is good
What happened?

>>It was practically by accident that she discovered how to force unwilling targets into her collective and keep them there. This wasn't unwelcome: now she could make people listen to her, when she really needed to. A nagging shadow formed at the back of her mind.
>>Training and research continued. Rintaƫlle could manifest nonstandard powers over her collective. That was good. She learns that there's the potential to use the collective link to bypass a target's resistances against spells and powers. The shadow grew heavier. She could share her mind's processing power with allies to let them enact split second movements on reflex. Good, good.
>>It would be so easy to overload a member's mind with hostile impulses, forcing them to suffer, or creating crippling weaknesses for other members to take advantage of.

Yes, and training to use a sword means I can kill my family. It does not mean I must kill my family or that I will kill my family eventually or ever.

Defeatism at it's finest gents.
I bet you're fast food workers

PRIME
BREEDING
MATERIAL

>Priscilla
Are you sure? I wouldn't be if I were you.

>EAC is lower than KAC on the sheet we have
:thinking:

Wist app isn't evil, she's just desperate and lonely. Desperate and lonely people do extreme things to stop being desperate and lonely.

Maybe light armor has high EAC, heavy armor has high KAC?

Go look at the picture
It could be +(level*10) damage, it still doesn't matter at all, how often do you shoot objects? The best use of this I could see being regularly used is shooting through cover but in melee there is no cover so it's still outdone by a fucking stick
So not only do lasers do less damage and have to reload, they also hit less often? Perfection

>14 is somehow greater than fucking 16
Dumbass
It's pretty much touch with MAYBE a slightly higher bonus.

I've hated the idea of this as long as Flower Court's been recruiting, and it's the only reason I haven't applied to a game that otherwise meets my interests.

The deaded e-celeb memes started and defeatism has taken hold of the general.
some people can't admit they make bad apps

>But Giancarlo and Cornelia are unequivocally good?

Cornelia looks unpleasant to play with, and the player acting like a shitter doesn't inspire confidence in the character actually being tolerable.

Giancarlo isn't bad, but seems to be lacking in depth.

I'm imagining this is more of an NPC array rather than some sort of PB

My app has experience in comforting lonely girls...albeit the last one was more voluptuous.

>the player acting like a shitter
>looks on discord
>he's just discussing things normally
:thinking harder:

>lacking in depth
He's perfectly solid as is though, he's deep enough, the story's setup doesn't really need really super deep people.

Nobody?

Anons I need good art of what a sword version of pic-related would look like, any help would be appreciated.

No one here has ever bothered pointed out bad apps beyond the blatenlty obvious Roll20 randos.

That's because by and large /pfg/ makes decent apps. It pretty much is just luck and celebrity.

My guess is that it's a standard array, but that it also corresponds to the point buy somehow. It would make sense for a pregen.

I think Cornelia would be fun to play with depending on your character type. She's either pleasant enough or insufferable.

Cornelia's player was a bit much when they first joined the Discord, but they definitely got better quick.

Broodie's and Mouse's have gotten shat on plenty.

Will you play it in Starfinder?

People shit post about the apps they don't like / enjoy all the time my man. And it happens with the games pulling big numbers. Dragons, RotJR, PLD, and now EotFC. It happens all the time.

Do you think she'll ever get back with demon hubby, or is that relationship doomed to fail?

One is already a celeb, and the other is pretty obviously self-shilling to generate controversy and thus ascend into celeb status.

It all comes back to celebs.

But they're shit and we've shat on them anyway, meanwhile Giancarlo has gotten plenty of hype over Ichabod who's actually a celeb character.

>Fri 10 Jun 2016 07:19:44

>Do you recall the tales of Myth-Weavers being used as a farm for characters to copy and reuse as NPCs, /pfg/?

>I just had that fate befall me moments ago. The GM explicitly informed me that I was not good enough for the final cut of players. I was passed up in favor of the community's veterans who were already in at least eight other games each, and whose characters had minimal ties to the campaign hook, a phenomenon another has observed in this thread .

>However, the GM mentioned to me that they would like to use my character as a minor NPC in their game, and that I would receive an opportunity to roleplay the character in a single scene to help with exposition. I was singled out for this offer.

>I am not sure how to feel about this. I was not good enough to be accepted as a player, yet my character was just interesting enough for the GM to have around as a minor NPC... played by me, for a single scene. Is this supposed to be simultaneous praise and condescension? What am I to do with this booby prize?

Wow, this sounds like /pfg/ games right now, down to the thing where only celebrity players get in.

Is this the fate of all communities that run lots of games? Celebrity players hog the lion's share of the games?

By and large /pfg/ makes decent apps, but there're always going to be stronger and weaker apps among those. Better writers aren't necessarily better players but maybe we should be thankful DMs aren't going around and asking each other for suggestions on who plays well.

Celebrity players have the advantage of knowing that they're also good players, to be fair. Johnny nobody isn't necessarily a good player. We KNOW Wist is.

Succula isn't a celeb player.

>he's just discussing things normally

Oh you sweet summer child.

>He's perfectly solid as is though

I would disagree.
As I said, he's passable as-is, but PFG apps don't earn points for that any more; you have to be more than merely competent in order to stand out.

No, probably not.

I'm still ass-blasted about the level 12 bamboozle.

>Broodie
Celebrity, people will shit on them just to be spiteful.
>Mouse
Not great. But not bad either. No one would give a shit if it wasn't for rape babby.
Most of it is either shitposting about a Celeb or a roll20 rando. Also there are plenty of apps that don't get in that no one really says much of a peep about good or bad.

It's an anonymous thread man, nothing is "Obvious" when it comes to shills. I'm saying this as someone that has been shilled before.

Cynicism, Defeatism, and Shitposting are the only thing obvious, the idea of "celeb status" is a poison that deflects from the truth.
Others failings.

Nah, he's a obvious thread personality. Any "UUUNNGNGH muh thicc breeding pregnancy fetish OOGA BOOGA" post is 95% him.

>Oh you sweet summer child.
I'm lurking Discord right now though what the fuck? Did you have an argument with him personally or some shit?

Well he's the guy who keeps going UGHHH THICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC, it's either him or Slow.

We don't need too. The thread does that for them.

Bait

>It's an anonymous thread
No, not really. Not when discord and roll20 are all about identities.
>I'm saying this as someone that has been shilled before.
So you have even less credibility than you started out with. Good to know I don't need to bother reading past this sentence, you moron.

Then how would you improve Giancarlo?

I guess I'll go ping the 5e General.

Oh shit are the summerfags coming?

Yes. If you dare speak out you're called a "baiter" and summarily silenced.

>ughhh thicccc
>pregnancy/breeding fetish
Those are probably some of the most fucking common fetishes known man.

Shit, I wouldn't even call breeding a fucking fetish. That's what sex is fucking for.