/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Mothship edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except Reman

Previous Kalpa:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ppSPsvO19dU&
imperial-library.info/content/more-psijic-endeavor
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Claiming this thread for the Magne-Ge.

The old gods are cruel and arbitrary, and distant from the hopes and fears of mer. Your age is past. We are the new gods, born of the flesh, and wise and caring of the needs of our people. Spare us your threats and chiding, inconstant spirit. We are bold and fresh, and will not fear you.

Tribunal's a good way of tackling a variation on an age-old question - would you rather follow false gods that acted, or true gods that never did?

You expanded a dilemma into a trilemma, and still you managed to come up with only wrong answers.

Do not follow. The Walking Ways is the only answer.

the tribunal did nothing wrong and everything bad that happened with them was because of Dagoth Ur

since this is now Magna-Ge general, I'll need some hot lore on them

Vivec was pretty shitty.

The Tribunal are entirely responsible for their own downfall.

>I give my soul to the Magna Ge, sayeth the joyous in Paradise, for they created Mehrunes the Razor in secret, in the very bowels of Lyg, the domain of the Upstart who vanishes. Though they came from diverse waters, each Get shared sole purpose: to artifice a prince of good, spinning his likeness in random swath, and imbuing him with Oblivion's most precious and scarce asset: hope.

>The Tribunal are entirely responsible for their own downfall.
Yup. That's what makes it so delicious.

What's up with moths and ES? Moth priests, ancestor moths, mothships, smothering by moths...

Why not, I dont know, bees or something?

Well for mothships it's just that moths are attracted to light. Aetherius is seen as light. So giant moths would be a type of creature to go there.

>why not bees
>giant bees
>infusing bees with magic
>smothering by bees to gain visions & powers
WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

Because being smothered by bees is a real thing and killed that kid in this movie that I can not for the life of me remember but he was allergic to bees so that was basically super hell
Plus according to all known laws of aviation bees can't fly so they'd make pretty shitty ships.

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

>NOT THE BEES.gif

>[Incursion Point: user's House]

Isn't that a factoid about bumblebees and not honeybees

Bumblebees you morons. And they did figure out how they fly years ago.

Is this a joke?

Is Elder Scroll Legend canon ?

>finally a weekend with a scond thread
blessed we are

Unanswered questions from last thread:

it's about as canon as my tullius x ulfric fanfics

Twin Lamps are pretty secret, I don't think they'd want an emblem.

youtube.com/watch?v=ppSPsvO19dU&

>tfw you'll never know more about the russian morrowind community

What if all champions across all games where dunmer
Even Cyrus

I really like the oblivion drawings for races and skills

So what are the opinions of different races/civilizations towards body hair?

read the OP

Breton one is weeiiird tho. In fact, most of the racial pictures are rather weird.

>laws of aviation
kek

They all look like homosexuals, I hate them

all bretons are modeled after todd howard

>bees have CHIM
deepest lore

Life is suffering

>want to look at morrowind videos
>get a bunch of bait videos like "why morrowind is the greatest!", "5000 skooma" "jumping from one end of the island of to the other", "morrowind in a nutshell"

So, how's the lore in TESO: Morrowind?

Kill the normies user. Make them scream.

What is Best city In ESO?

Any of them, for they're all cookiecutter garbage.

>he doesnt watch modding showcase videos

>The savannahs and jungles of Ut Cyr are lost to us now by the machinations of unknown Towers. Caker King was a mighty Tiger in those days. As such, he ruled a Principality that invited the rest of the Great Cats into the Den of the Hiss-and-Bite-Accord, a tradition now copied to different effect by the similarly-vanished March of Snakes. The royal stations of Great Cats have long-since become lost in the annals of celestial treaty. Caker King’s Tiger aspect is today only fashioned as a Stone-Leap of his last majestic hunting.

Literal Telvanni.

>Twin Lamps
Yes.

>Bretons
"Aged like a Breton" is a saying. Take it how you will.

>ascended a mod creator
Lady N.

>Tosh Raka
Claims to be Vivec and Jubal's child. Maybe.

Seems okay.

So far I'm surprised how much they restrained from pandering. So far most is alright but then they made up excuses for Imperial architecture to exist, to have Vvardenfell open long before it actually was, Truth in Sequence is iffy as fuck, Balmora sucks ass. But besides that stuff there's some decent stuff.

Do you think she would have been bullied if she appeared in TES universe?
Would have other high mer call her mudblood?

She has all those eagle clothes but she isn't yellow and she is pretty.

You need to leave.

no.
I like tes.

Fuck off

Orsinium.

No.

What does this refer to? I'm pretty sure that Dreugh Armor isn't made of wax.

That's probably a typo, they probably meant the carapace

But last thread we discovered dreugh are trans-dimensional italians so who knows

What do you call these screens that a lot of houses in Morrowind use? It's not something I ever pay much attention to but it's pretty interesting how they're used to create ''rooms'' in houses which have just one room.

who the fuck designs these armors

*trans-kalpic

*trans-fat-kaplic

>they came from a pasta kapla
-user

I like this new meme
don't any of you ruin it by posting it somewhere else

It's a screen. I'm certain there was a fancy frenchy word for it also.

Biombo in Spanish

daily reminder that Talos Stormcrown was an Atmoran, not a Breton

t. Bethesda Softworks

Vvardenfell being open isn't actually a plot hole. It was only deemed a Temple reserve in the Armistice with Tiber at the end of the second era.

Byōbu.

Yeah, Hjalti was the Breton.

Wulfhart was Atmoran just kidding hewas a Bosmer and he's a part of Talos, it checks out.

By somewhere else do you mean else on Veeky Forums or on other boards ?

>just kidding hewas a Bosmer

You heard me.

If Akatosh, Auri-el and Alduin are all part of the same god, and they are Time, wasn't Lorkhan a savior instead of a betrayer, for he made it possible for the spirits who eventually would become mortals to break free from, not only Nirn, but also from Time?

What do you mean? Time exists insofar as Mundus exists, which it wouldn't if it wasn't for Lorkhan. But that's just part of his long gamble. Prior to that it was only locally enforced on an plane(t) to plane(t) basis.

Also, Lorkhan is only a betrayer in some versions of the narrative. I'm going to drop a bomb on you here: Lorkhan is Akatosh.

So Akatosh and Alduin only exist because of Mundus?

As far as those interpretations go by mortal standards? Yeah.

Wasn't 'aged like a Breton' taken out of context? I remember that quote being brought up, maybe in the last thread or last weekend, I just can't remember the exact quote.

Yyyeah, it probably was.

Not the last part, which is the important part.
>Turns out bee flight patterns are more exotic than thought.
>"The honeybees have a rapid wing beat," Altshuler told LiveScience. "In contrast to the fruit fly that has one eightieth the body size and flaps its wings 200 times each second, the much larger honeybee flaps its wings 230 times every second."
>This was a surprise because as insects get smaller, their aerodynamic performance decreases and to compensate, they tend to flap their wings faster.
>"And this was just for hovering," Altshuler said of the bees. "They also have to transfer pollen and nectar and carry large loads, sometimes as much as their body mass, for the rest of the colony."
>In order to understand how bees carry such heavy cargo, the researchers forced the bees to fly in a small chamber filled with a mixture of oxygen and helium that is less dense than regular air. This required the bees to work harder to stay aloft and gave the scientists a chance to observe their compensation mechanisms for the additional toil.
>The bees made up for the extra work by stretching out their wing stroke amplitude but did not adjust wingbeat frequency.
>"They work like racing cars," Altshuler said. "Racing cars can reach higher revolutions per minute but enable the driver to go faster in higher gear. But like honeybees, they are inefficient."
So that urban legend is dead. Good riddance.

Can someone make a summary of velothian ideals

Man, I'm Russian and this guys videos are great. Thanks for sharing them.

Strange, there was a ban for a long time to even make settlements or trade on Vvardenfell until near the end of the Third Era. Even the Great Houses weren't allowed for centuries. Armistice didn't happen until near the end of the Second Era either.

Saw Aldmer society as decadent. "Veloth supposedly sought a more ascetic and pure way of life for his followers" and "founded a new nation based on Daedric principles". The Daedra, as opposed to "Not Our Ancestors", being "Our Stronger, Better Ancestors."

Good Daedra: Azura, Boethiah, Mephala
(Four Corners of the) House of Troubles: Dagon, Sheogorath, Malacath, Bal
Revere the Good, deal with the Bad. Practice "Fundamentalist Ancestor Worship".

>The basis for the teachings of the Prophet Veloth, founder of present day Morrowind and father of Dunmeri culture. Veloth describes the Psijic Endeavor as a process of glorious apotheosis, where time itself is bent inward and outward into 'a shape that is always new'. Those who can attain this state, called chim, experience an ineffable sense of the godhead, and escape the strictures of the world-egg.
imperial-library.info/content/more-psijic-endeavor

Just a bit of a continue on this, it sounds like Imperials didn't have any settlements until late 2nd Era at best. Wait, when does ESO take place again?

Don't mind him, it's just ESOfag mental gymnastics again.

???
>Vvardenfell had been maintained as a preserve administrated by the Temple since the Treaty of the Armistice, and except for a few Great House settlements sanctioned by the Temple, Vvardenfell was previously uninhabited and undeveloped.
>But when the centuries-old Temple ban on trade and settlement of Vvardenfell was revoked by King of Morrowind, a flood of Imperial colonists and Great House Dunmer came to Vvardenfell, expanding old settlements and building new ones.
- Morrowind, the video game, 2002.

>and except for a few Great House settlements sanctioned by the Temple, Vvardenfell was previously uninhabited and undeveloped
Exactly.

Do you think Crassius is a virgin?

>forgot pic

Previous to Morrowind, the game, set in the year 3E whenever. Not previous to the Armistice.

What would each race eat as a night snack

For Argonians, an egg-brother's sap.

For Dwemers, doritos and mountain dew

For nords, pic related, a honey nut treat.
For dunmer, chewing leaves or roots seems fitting.
Imperials probably have rice snacks.
Khajiit have something sweet.

Not a fan of the fucking tiny Cantons.

>Altmer
They probably have a spell to stave off hunger so they don't get overweight. Either that or fish cakes.
>Argonian
Probably whatever was buried in the mud beneath their hut, dead fish or something.
>Bosmer
Probably whatever was hanging from their tree house, dead squirrels or something.
>Breton
A slice of fanciful cake made from sweet imported sugar.
>Colovian
Whatever the Nords eat because they're huge Nordiboos.
>Dunmer
Boiled kwama egg or bread slathered with scrib jelly.
>Imga
Bananas or some shit, but they make it look fancy and show the Altmer who get pissed off at them, like your father when you show him a painting you made and he tells you it's shit, asshole.
>Khajiit
Something sweet, like taffy or fondue.
>Maormer
Sushi or something fishy.
>Nibenese
Probably rice cakes or cheese and wine.
>Nord
Honey-nut candies or a slice of juniper berry pie.
>Orsimer
Probably whatever they have sitting inside their tent, dead boars or something.
>Redguard
I imagine Redguards would eat a lot of meat, probably some of the birds and lizards living in the desert. Maybe a spiced-lizard kebab? Or fishy sticks.
>Sload
Their own children.

So in ancient Rome and Greece, gladiators and athletes had their sweat collected and sold, do you think this would happen in Cyrodiil as well?

100%.

It probably has "alchemical properties" or some shit, so definitely.

>A bucket of sweat, you say?

Did Pelinal travelling back in time allow there to be two Shezzarines at once?

Can there be any more after the merging of Talos?

An oversoul (in the general, not TES-specific sense) can have multiple aspects or emanations at the same time

Who is the best bard and why is it Dreugh Martin?

Is it possible for anyone to feel pleasure from a puny mortal dick after they've had Molag Bal's daedric cock?

Cause I feel that may be one reason why Serana won't marry you.

Serena is fucking shit

Stupid fucking "oh I'm a GOOD vampire girl" faggot trope, and you're SUPPOSED to fall in love with her daddy issues flirty self and in reality she's a fucking CORPSE who feeds off PEOPLE and is the literal RAPE-BABY of Molag Bal.

Nab yourself a good Nord wife and call it a day.