What if the Wendigo were trying to Help You?

What if he were warning you, "this way death lurks," or trying to get you to accept help or assistance that you might otherwise reject?

What if he were trying to say, "Don't be fools! I walked this way, and look what happened to me!

It could merely be some villager warding you away from a holy place, such that if you saw it you would be sworn to silence...

Wendigo have an insatiable hunger and eat people. Maybe they're misunderstood, but they're definitely dangerous.

Maybe they just eat people who died naturally, or because they were starving.

>or because they were starving
That's literally why they eat people. They're cursed to always feel starvation, no matter how much they eat. They're starved to the point of emaciation, their skin barely wrapping around their bones and flesh. Every time they eat a person, they grow in size so that they may never feel full.

that could just be hyperbole.

I mean, when you really want to make a thing scary, you have to make it seem real, and you can't do that without establishing some sort of context for it to exist in the "real" (read: cinematic) world.

Found the wendigo

>Roaring like sound

Roooar! Out of my forest!

Damn, that picture is depressing, because no matter what happens, at least one of that loving couple will be consumed to satisfy an inhuman beast's gluttonous hunger, and the other will be haunted with survivor's guilt and thoughts of what they could've done.

or you could just be like, a bum, who mooches off his parents until he is a senior citizen. You could wear all your friends patience thin and never show up for meetings.

Even worse, you could have a whole host of natural talents but be too lazy or disciplined to make use of any of them. You could be a tragic waste of talent.

or, you know, he could just eat them both.

I wish there was a place like the army, except you didn't have to sign up to kill a bunch of people who didn't deserve it.

I can't even show up at my LGS cause I always get seated with the special eds.

What if we replaced that with an insatiable hunger for the dick?

Wendigo No Homo

Not sure how I feel about this

Everybody thought the Wendigo was an evil spirit who lived in the forest. But there was a little girl who got lost in the winter woods. Cold, and on the verge of starvation, she thought she could see the Wendigo, come to eat her frozen heart in the snow.

When she woke up, she was in a cabin with a kindly old man. He cooked her hotcakes with no syrup (yuck) but she was hungry and they tasted good. Outside was a terrible storm, but inside it was warm.

For 5 days, he kept her safe inside and told her stories about wolves who could turn into men and the silly things they would get up to in the evening when there was no moon out.

Eventually, the storm came to pass and he led her right out to where the woods met the campgrounds, where she saw her parents and the sheriff waiting for her. They asked where she got the clothes but when she turned around, the old man was gone.

what about The Greedy?

I didn't know Wendigos could post on the internet

>or trying to get you to accept help or assistance that you might otherwise reject
That means I won't want it. Fuck off.

Are you telling me Wendigos are just socially awkward fucks? Turns out the only reason they kill people is because they made some sort of wendigo faux paus and have no way out other than murder.

Perhaps wendigos are /k/ommandos that have gone full innawoods

I think I've heard the story that picture is based on. They win.

You mean traitors