What now

The lich destroyed everything alive in the world, and now reigns over the greatest empire of undead. It's invulnerable to anything, probably even the death of the sun the world orbits. Anything but its emperor.
And eternal emperor is vulnerable to boredom.
What will the lich do after killing and enslaving everything in the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12936417/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzitzimitl
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Find a new planet/realm/plane/universe to conquer obviously.

Assemble a team of skeleton cheerleaders and watch in twisted glee as they fall apart during the human pyramid act

Ban gay marriage.

Likely question why the fuck he killed the world instead of ruling it? That and if he is a lich powerful enough to build a world dominating empire. then he is also powerful enough to build a portal to another plane/world assuming this is D&D.

The world now rests in peace, the lich will attempt to spread peace across the universe.
Basically this

Invent new spells, find/create new dimensions, destroy/enslave the gods & their realms, unmake reality & recreate the universe in your image.

>The Lich Emperor hires a rag-tag team of undead misfits to go on an epic, world-scouring quest to locate the last remnant of life in the barren wasteland.
>For the Emperor has mastery over death, the process of life and creation still elude him.

>Necromancer wants to bring peace to the world
>by killing anyone who is a problem
>everyone is a problem
Is this Lawful Evil or Lawful Neutral with a touch of insanity?

In 2e D&D?

Probably succumb to ennui and decay, and eventually miss one of the upkeep rituals (every 6d20 years IIRC) that maintain its undeath. Then it withers apart, and its soul goes to Orcus, who invented and backdoored the original lich ritual to corrupt uber-wizards who thought they were above morality and the afterlife.

LE disguised as CG. It's pure Stalin. No people, no problem.

Lawful Neutral if it's unbiased genocide, it would be Lawful Evil if the Necromancer doesn't raise them from the dead as compensation for such genocide, a type of "Unfinished Business" thing.

That makes me wonder, is there a way to invent a new lich ritual that would be free of demonic taint and leave the resultant lich beholden only to itself?

Make the undead produce videogames

It takes a lot of obscure knowledge only hags/necromancers/gods have, and demon lords planted corrupted books around the multiverse to bait people who try it. But it's canonically possible. You could write a campaign around it.

>You will never git gud at playing vidya so much so that you can play an RTS and FPS at the same time

I'mma do it.
With a bit of mixed in for fun

Construct Deep Rot. Program virtual reality with its own magic system. Allow undeath. Allow a wizard in that reality to achieve lichdom. Observe whether a lich arises that destroys everything alive in that virtual world and reigns a virtual undead empire. Observe what the lich does then.
Turns out the virtual lich constructs its own Deep Rot too.

>Spend the next century debating if you're just a virtual lich inside of yet another deep rot world.

Baelnorns

Honestly it depends on what setting you are in as well. I rather prefer the liches in runequest here over the ones in standard Dungeons and dragons.

have your skellies invent anime and watch that for all eternity

Will he succeed at making the spacecraft with no new, living, ambitious minds? Even with infinite time, working on schematics of space stuff is hell of a job

He'll find a way to move the planet by causing the death of the local sun and create a supernova which will propel the entire planet out of the system they're in.

Depends on the Lich in question.

>Solve Über problematic math or Magic questions

>trying to achieve ascension to godhood

>sudoku

>realizing this was the wrong Way, now determined to bring life back to the planet

>researching für deepest dephts of necromancy creating a new "ecosystem" based on death

Virtual Realities are also very interesting.
Maybe he becomes obsessed with simulating endless different World's due to scientific curiosity.

Or reaching out to find an equal partner.

Oh multiple lichs exist go exalted. Games of divinity.

Btw whats deep rot?

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12936417/

Is destroyed like everything in the inevitable apocalypse that destroys the world and unmakes reality. Well, unless he finds a way to stop it when even the gods with a million years of preparation stood no chance.

Build a nice tall wall

Master Alchemy so as to create flora and fauna homunculi to inherit the world and worship the Lich so that he may attain godhood, duh. I swear it's like you kids are okay with just conquering a few kingdoms these days.

>What will the lich do after killing and enslaving everything in the world?
Finally get around to finishing the Complete Theory of Magic, of course. Now that there are no distractions, it should get a few millenia of work done.

That's how you get demiliches.

Focus on overcoming his unlife and forge a new truly immortal body. If he succeeds, he'll go on to try to ascend to a level of godhood, where he rules over his new immortal horde as they further delve into the secrets of reality.

Technically in Ricky D's Guide it states a Tanari'ri made it, but nothing about Orcus, I should note that fiends in the Demiplane of dread tend to by from the 9, which is interesting.

Orcus's involvement with the Undead was a Gary Gygax thing he mentioned in Slayer's guide to the Undead in that he cast a Dweomer which killed everything on his native plane, himself included, and that's how he ended up in the abyss, and this bit links on to his origins shown in Dead gods. 4e vaguely refers to it, but doesn't state it outright, saying he ended up there for some unspeakable act.

And even then there are two initial ways he progressed to his state as a Demon lord.

By 3e, they abolished the maintenance idea and kept it for Dracoliches, which made sense due to their ecology and body growth being a factor that screws them over for Lichdom, and the initial Oerth/Toril transformation was an accumulation of knowledge polished from those obscure spontaneous liches mentioned in 1e, though the stage you refer to, is in actual fact still present at the 4 level of lichdom achieved, in the Web enhancement monster class that shows it. Those Kalamar's undead and hierachy does refer back to similar standards of the older ritual where it was A proprietary thing.

Anyhow, there's a clear evolution when you read up on the stuff, things went 1e's Blueprint for a Lich, Vr's Guide, then the Monster Class template, salient abilities are still a thing read Monsters of Faerun, and the Demiplane of Dread is still canon, noted in the DM when reading on strahd, and learning the Expedition one is a remake of the original but not a replacement as there are stats for the 3.5 Strahd in the 2e demiplane of dread in the DM and an adventure in Lord Soth's old domain there. Also, you can get in/out of the Demiplane of Dread via the world serpent inn now, much to the Powers Chagrin.

Quality post. I never knew about the World Serpent connection to Ravenloft.

Society continues as it did before, but with "reanimation" replacing birth, decaying replacing aging and mad cultists to long dead gods now use rituals to call living creatures rather than dead ones. The last part is particularly interesting, imagine what a human or an orc would look like to a society of ghouls and skeletons.

What are you talking about? A level 20 wizard alone can space travel easily.
A lich can do it even easier since he doesn't need to cast protection from elements and use up spell slots conjuring oxygen.

This is how you get Necrons/UnBorg

This could actually make for a neat campaign. Especially if the PCs now seek to learn the secrets of "lifeomancy" and return life to the realm.

It's like you've never played any of the X-universe Games

I regret playing those games. So, so, so much potential...

That's fucking ridiculous. I love it.

I like this

Become living, not a lich.

Wait, there's a fucking door out of Ravenloft!?

In Mayan mythology there are evil star skeletons from space that descend from the sky and attack the living.

Also this guy

>In Mayan mythology there are evil star skeletons from space that descend from the sky and attack the living.

Source please. Not because I don't believe you, but because that sounds fucking awesome and I want to read more.

Where is this from? This crying moon would be so perfect for a horror session that I tried.

I can never remember what the fuck they're called but I'll try to find it

Found them, Aztec not Mayan

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzitzimitl

Top fucking notch. Thanks user.

>Aztec not Mayan
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzitzimitl
That's even more metal.

I was gonna say, I should have suspected something so metal would be Aztec. Of COURSE it would be Aztec

>Cries of a dead world
Calling out in pain
Red skies in the desert

play nechronica

>nechronica

The game which could only be summed up as "Bored liches are bored."

I knew I saved this for a reason.

Finish his anime/manga/visual novels/movies/books/etc backlog.

Elder Evils, a 3.5 book about cataclysmic-scale big bads. Pictured is Atropus, moon that travels around and destroys everything alive with huge torrents of negative energy and legions of undead.

>those tabs in the last image

What is this bizarre monstrosity?

recreate the world in his own image and become basically god

Have a REAL spooky party.