How is this?

How is this?

Good.

Pretty good. Think D&D B/X but with more stuff and marketed towards a modern audience.

It's d20.

No.

So you don't roll a d20? Huh. Might actually be decent, then.

It uses Zocchi dice, including the d20, but it is not d20.

So you roll a d30 and d16 and whatever for attack checks and ability checks?

Yes.

It's shit. Like most of the games that Veeky Forums champions, Dungeon Crawl Classics is utter garbage. It tries to be a quirky OSR game but it's mechanics suck, the "funnel" is just fucktarded waste of time. You have to buy loads of snowflake dice to play this subpar system and it offers NOTHING that another RPG cannot do better, for cheaper, and with a larger fanbase. It's another forgettable piece of crap.
>So you don't roll a d20? Huh. Might actually be decent, then.

That's not a valid reason for not liking something. Have fun robbing yourself of a potentially decent game in the future because you are scared of le ebil dee twentee.

It's alright, but it definitely isn't for everyone. Zocchi dice take some getting used to (although there are conversion charts that let you use regular dice), spellcasting corruption can bork your character, and the tone can be grating to some folks. I'd recommend giving it a look through and forming your own opinion on it. There's some good ideas in there regardless of what you think of the system as a whole.

>Being this fucking bitter on a board about tabletop games

It's the best "fix" of the d20 system I've ever seen.
That said, the zocchi dice are obnoxious.
The magic doesn't jibe well with most settings.

Ask

>It's the best "fix" of the d20 system I've ever seen.
Except it is nothing of the sort, see Appendix N.

If you want something that actually took the d20 system as a starting point and turned it into something decent, that's Fantasy Craft and Legend.

Why does being on a board about tabletop games disqualify me from being justifiably bitter? Most of these games are raw shit cash grabs by substandard developers who want something to put on Kikestarter for shekels, rather than actually creating something cool and interesting. Examples:

>Jew-menera and its 70 dollar book as well as expensive crap from other Monte Cook games
>FATE and it's 10 dollar specialty dice
>FFG star wars and its special d8s that cost 15 bucks a set
>Dungeon Crawl Classics not only having an expensive book but using shittons of snowflake dice for no apparent benefit

So you just assume that anything above a certain price is bad and don't bother to read it?
Sour grapes much?
Have fun robbing yourself of a potentially decent game in the future because you are scared of le ebil price tag.

Not to mention that all of these are readily piratable and both Zocchi and Fudge dice are trivially easy to do with a regular set of D&D dice and a bunch of d6 respectively.

>FFG Star Wars isn't cool and interesting
>neither is FATE
I was gonna agree with you too, but...

Right.... except:

> DCC uses a dice chain instead of rampant "muh +2 bonus" "muh +1 opportunity bonus". Thus the reason for the increased dice increments.
> Goodman Games (the creator of DCC) has been around since 2001 creating award-winning modules for previous (and current) versions of D&D.
> They're not a cash grab company. They don't create splat books like every other RPG company. They only produce the core book (which is $40 -- cheaper than any of the 3 books you need to play 5e) and high-quality modules written by (again) award-winning authors.

Have you actually looked through any of those books you just mentioned?

>Thinking this is "justifiably" bitter.

It's pretty great. The system has a bunch of stuff that I love, some I'm ambivalent about, and plenty of good advice on the power and rarity of magic, monsters, and treasure.