MTG Modern General

Help New Players with Their Decks Edition

>How should I change this decks sideboard?
>Does the mainboard seem fine?
>What decks should I expect at FNM?
>How well will I do for my first FNM?
>Discussion: What decks are you guys playing?

Decklists:
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO

Primers:
>mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/modern

Weekly Modern Metagame:
>mainphasemtg.net/modern-tier-list/2017/5/22/modern-tiered-list-weekly-update-and-analysis-for-52217

Old Thread

Correction: This is a troll thread and old thread is still live. Let this one fall off the board.

Remember to sage any and all replies.

Why do people keep calling me a troll? Are people this against players entering modern?

death shadow ban inc edition

We haven't even hit bump limit and this OP is garbage

We need the fucking $$$$$$$ holy shit

Why would death shadow be banned?

What would happen to modern if Gush was reprinted?

>1 mana 3/3 used to be on the ban list

But its a card that forces you to get to low life totals to be useful, so its fair.

>Blazing Shoal is a card that forces you to play Progenitus so it's fair.
Shut up faggot.

>having a potential dead card in your hand out
>having to be at a life total low enough where bolt loses you the game
Nice strawman

At this point in time I don't think it's possible for anyone to actually believe that having a low life total is a problem for decks running Death's Shadow. Just look at Burn. The one deck that wants to drop its opponents life total suddenly has to plan an entirely new game plan.

But they just die to any deck with even the slightest amount of reach. Its good matchups are decks like ad nauseam that have no reach outside of the combo.

>But they just die to any deck with even the slightest amount of reach
Which is precisely why the deck is doing so well, right? Because nobody but you has figured out the solution to the deck. Quick, Reid Duke is playing against Death's Shadow on SCG right now, tell him the error of his ways!

He isn't playing enough reach. Maybe use a spell that deals 5 damage to the opponent as a means to counter it; it forces them to keep their shadows small and if used in conjunction with lightning bolt, it makes it very hard for them to win.

>Warp your deck to deal with Death's Shadow's mere existence

Think 31 lands is enough?

which card are you talking about?

Old Thread has reached bump limit.

Here's the real new Modern thread:
Again, sage any and all replies on this thread and let it fall off.

>implying sideboards don't exist

Should this go into storm?

Nope

XXU death shadow lists would be a lot stronger as it would let them replay shocks for more life total manipulation.
Mono U lists of tron and merfolk would get more gas.
Blue moon would do better as they already run mostly basics.
Delver lists would love it for obvious reasons.
Control decks would run it, but find it troubling to have to replay shock lands and thus make basics more common in lists.

If you think the deck only can win through the power of DS then you clearly don't understand the decks.
There are pleanty of games they win without ever needing to resolve a DS as they run pleanty of high power beaters.
Some run the Grixis classics of zombie fish and fruit bowl prince.
Pretty much all of them have goyfs.

You also can't just win by holding bolt + 5 damage. The deck lists always have at least 4 THOTsiezes, and some amount of Inquisitions. Your hand is going to be lacking any real power in most games. Some lists even run Collective Brutality as even more hand destruction.

There are some good answers to the deck we saw in the tournament though. It's hard to argue against living end proving to do well as the deck isn't as easily beaten by hand destruction, and can easily out race a pair of DS.