Warhammer: Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Age of Sigmar RPG! 2018 is the year! edition

We need Shadows Over Hammerhal and Nagash Undying King added to the resources (seriously, it's been months since their release!) sub-edition.
>resources
pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW
Skirmish ePub
mega.nz/#!qZwElBQQ!_8IUfx_Mqie55febS-PSIwmB4T3_YVJF9QIX7Fp3mpM

General Handbook
mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I
>>
>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/mVNWTu
mediafire.com/file/p8rrwch13rhzxif/AoS-Skirmish.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Beastmen!

S-second for I want to post links to a Veeky Forums Discord I made... but I don't want to if there is already one.

Soon

I fucking want them to release the second general handbook. The game is really stale, the release rate is at a crawl.

what are you talking about you retard they just released a whole bunch of content with the last few months

W-what? We had 4 months of AoS and now we have fucking 8TH EDITION 40K. WHAT A SURPRISE IT'S A MAJOR EVENT.

Stop being a bitch and post it already

All the content goes to the same factions. The general handbook really needs an update. The rules, while good, could use the same update as 40k is getting.

Calm down bro, calm down.

>Why won't GW buff the armies I like and Nerf the ones I don't like?
>Nevermind the fact that they released skydwarves and skirmishes, I only care about my army.

Wondering if anyone else has played a few games of skirmish yet and if so any tips? im about to enter a campaign at my local store and i wanna know if my khorne/slaves are gonna get fucked up since theres no hoard of tar pit units to block the ranged stuff

New guy (sort of) here, I played a bunch of AoS with other people's armies but I'm finally getting my own. I like Tzeentch because of the pretty models but I'm also huge fan of magic and ranged combat (plus no one plays it in my playgroup).
Is there anything I should change here? All tips are welcome!

Allegiance: Tzeentch
Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy
- Artefact: Phantasmal Weapons
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Tzaangor Shaman (120)
- Lore of Fate: Glimpse the Future
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner (100)
- Artefact: Wellspring of Arcane Might
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond
Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140)
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 3x Pair of Savage Blade
- 2x Savage Greatblade
- 5x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
10 x Tzaangors (180)
- 3x Pair of Savage Blade
- 2x Savage Greatblade
- 5x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield
Units
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (320)
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (320)
Battalions
Skyshoal Coven (80)
Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 2000/2000

What you guys think the RPG will be about? Do you think it'll be about stormcast kill-team bashing down some chaos? Or, maybe, about a group of chaos warriors in their brutal attempt to become Varanguard? I'm so hyped about it.
Lets's just hope it will include as much roleplay as possible (:

Skirmish book pdf when

I've not played but you're really gonna want to band your cheap dudes together and gang up on elite models.
Shooting and general ranged attacks are going to be absolutely godly, as is any source of mortal wounds since most models are gonna be 1-2 Wounds. If an opponent spreads their warband too thin slam your entire band into them targeting one model at a time, you're gonna take casualties but you can afford them far more than most

SIGMARINES

i can scan it through tomorrow at school if it still hasnt been posted yet

Stormcast mary sues are most likely to be the main protagonists, but let's hope we actually get a bigger choice of characters

It was in the last thread, top tier goodboy points for you though user

i wanna play lizard bros shooting oiled up chaos men

discord.gg/mVNWTu

I think I've fucked up all the settings anyway mate.

Cheers. The server I had planned for just Veeky Forums, but I don't have the effort to set it up properly.

What do you guys think would be better for skirmishes.

25pts
Skinks starpriest 16
Terradon rider 8pts
1 skinks

Or

Skinks starpriest 16
Saurus guard 4
Saurus guard 4
Skink 1

I like the terradon for the mobility and multiple wounds but the guard will hit harder.

Guard don't worth it, i think.4 renown for a 1-wound model? That's not smart. Terradon is your solution, serabro, as he can do mortal wounds which wery few of seraphon actually can. But don't you think one skink is unable to do anything?

Sounds good
inb4 minmaxer faggots say it's shit

Friendly reminder that slaanesh isn't squatted, as we got tits again in 40k.

What is "nagash undying king?" Don't see it at black library.

So what's the significance of gw releasing skirmishes? Isn't it just another excuse to sell models in new groups? Is it like a new edition? What is it?

Also, I have a bunch of skaven, and I haven't played in months. There any point in playing my army?

Too many Bolts Of Tzeench. Remember, you can only sucsessifuly cast it once! Use some other spells, there are lots of handy ones.

Also, fuck double blades on tzaangors, go shields with them. (And greatblades, yup)

No, it's a way for people to get into games with small amounts of models so loads aren't needed to play. Which is a good idea. Furthermore, it allows you to make more dedicated "Your D00ds" type situations.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't put too much thought in the spells, traits and artifacts as they can be changed easily. I'm more interested in getting the feedback about the models.

Thanks! I suppose you are referring to having 2 units of just 10 Tzaangors. I know they get bonuses in larger groups, but sadly there just wasn't any room left for more than 20

Skirmish attract the potential buyers! Some people just don't want to puchase hordes of plastic dudes to have fun, you know. So it's about marketing, not new edition or new lore.

FORGE WORLD SKIRMISH RULES WHEN

I never talked about nerf/buff. You claim I did, while I didnt. I'm talking about balancing the releases among factions and updating the actual rules of the game.

Im thinking about running for my skirmish campaign skull grinder and 2 blood warriors and 1 bloodreaver and then saving up for an exalted deathbringer or skull grinder and 9 bloodreavers and slowly saving for a bloodsecrator

It's an exclusive at Warhammer World, so unless someone scans it we're shit out of luck

I'd argue. There are lots of ways for stormast to not to be Mary Sues!

>decimator lost his entire personality due to reforgement, acting like a silent killing machine and performing acts of brutal slaughter
>procecutor who acts like Not!Luftwaffen pilot, hunts down worthy enemies and so on. Pride included
>liberator who's views about what order is are so radical that he hates mortals of all reams other than Azyr as they may be chaotic
>vanguard hunter who is hunting down random slaves-to-darkness. Even children. They're chaos too, amirite
>dracoth rider, ex-khornate lord, who got hit by Ghal Maraz and was reforged. Blood fetishes are the same

And so on and on. It's easy to find the dark side in this setting

You need at least three units and it is probably better to buy a single skink for recon than not have one.

Fills the requirement and it's a little bit shooty so eh, also has high movement for objective grabbing and can engage another 1pt model to tie it

New potential AoS player here, interested in getting into the game through Skirmish. I'm thinking about some sort of Death Warband but I'm not sure what I would want to pick up and what I would want to get over time.

Anyone got a pdf for Grand Alliance: Death? Unsure of what other wizard I want in my army besides Arkhan.

I've got shadows overhammerhal but I've got no fucking clue how to upload this shit to mega. Is there anything special I need to do?

The rules are all free on the GW website, why do you want the Grand Alliance PDA for that?

Well I stand corrected. Good job user
Let's hope they don't screw this up, I'm really fucking excited

Your options are:

Nagash
Nefereta
Manfred
Necromancer(which can be on a horse)

Personally? I'd go with a Mortis Engine, gives +1 to casting rolls.

Necromancer? If it takes a wound and there is a Death unit nearby (within 3") roll a D6, on a 4+ the Death unit will suffer a Mortal Wound but the Necromancer will ignore the original wound.

It is Level 1 (One cast, one dispel) and has Arcane Bolt, Mystic Shield and Vanhel's Danse Macabre: Select a Skeleton, Mordant or Zombie unit within 18", that unit can pile in and attack twice in your next combat phase. Casting value of 6.

Nefereta is Lv.2 (two cast, two dispel). Arcane Bolt, Mystic Shield and Dark Misk: Pick a unit within 18", unit your next hero phase the unit can fly and ignore Rend values against it. Casting value of 6.

She's great if you can manage to kill enemy heroes with her melee weapons. They spawn a Vampire Lord.

I hate that ability Nefereta has. It makes no sense. She kills an enemy hero with her staff or dagger... and it spawns a Vampire Lord.

HOW DOES THAT WORK ON CHAOS DAEMONS OR SERAPHON? HOW DO THEY TURN INTO A VAMPIRE LORD? THEY'RE NOT PHYSICAL BEINGS. Sylvaneth also makes no sense. I can understand dwarf Vampires and Free People Vampires (be they human or elf or dwarf). But how does it work with Stormcast or the ones I mentioned? A Chaos Warrior Vampire is fine.

This rule should be changed to "Any Mortal Hero". Because Seraphon and Chaos Daemons can't be turned into Vampires. It makes no sense.

Speaking of skirmishes two questions
Is it possible to build an all hero destruction army (50 renown)
What is literally the cheapest way to get to 50 renown. (Discount build)

I've been away from the hobby and away from here for about a month. Is Skirmish out yet and are Moonclan grots a viable choice?

So is there a realm of magic that's just the old setting where storm of magic is canon?

Sorry user, FW is booked for 30k until the end of time.

Skirmish is out, check the epub in the OP and look at the points

Unfortunately, it looks like the only option Moonclan Grots have is 'Grots'. Max 30, 1 renown per model. Since you need a hero, you'll likely have to pick up one from one of the other Destruction groups.

Moonclan Grots:
Grots: 1 Renown (Max 30 models)

Gitmob Grots:
Grots: 1 Renown (Max 30 models)
Grost Shaman: 16 Renown
Grot Wolf Rider: 4 Renown (Max 10 models)

Spiderfang Grots:
Grot Spider Rider: 4 Renown (Max 10 models)

You can literally BURY your enemies in grots.

How about this for a Wanderer Skirmish campaign List:

Nomad Prince 16
4x Glade Guard

Not terribly creative, but atleast you get 4 rend -3 shots per game, so it is something.

Thanks for the heads up.
Moonclan shamans aren't an option? Fuck. I'd have thought they would be. Guess Curse of da Bad Moon is just too strong.

If the model is finecast its not allowed to be used in skirmishes, but if i remember right there was a website that was doing some number convertions to use them i cant remember what site it was tho

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well I use the shaman from the battle of skull pass myself. I find it a charming little model.

I miss metal models. Totally unrelated, but the fine cast comment got me thinking. It was cool having things with some heft. Like, you knew that dreadnought was gonna fuck up someone's day.

It's approximately points/5 = renown. For units that means divide the cost of minimum unit by the minimum unit size.
Some things don't line up exactly, but it's close enough.

when i say "not allowed to be used" i mean like it doesnt have any rules you can use the physical model, some of the finecast ones look nice if you do them well its just most of the vampire stuff is missing from the book because its finecast

I decided it would be fun to put together a Dwarf Scouting Party skirmish warband.

Unforged - 20
Gyrobomber - 16
5 Quarrellers - 10
2 Dwarf Warriors - 4

Gyrobomber is an expensive investment, but it fits the theme of the army nicely, as I plan to so a small conversion using a Dwarf Miner minecart to make it look like it carries cargo.
Its speed and damage potential look useful for skirmish as well, since there is a 50/50 chance it outright kills any single wound model it flies over before it starts shooting.

I am thinking you should maybe swap two Glade Guard for Eternal Guard, since you can't rely on always being away from the enemy.

OK, did some digging myself
$40 death 50 renown
$14.75 Tomb Banshee (16)
$14.75 Wight King with Baleful tomb blade (24)
$10 skeleton warriors 5 pack (2pts each 10 pts)
Anyone find anything cheaper...
And it doesn't look like you can have all heroes destruction but. You can have
1 grot shaman (16)
1 Orruk warchanter (16)
1 orruk boar chariot (16)

Tits never disappeared.

I'll just use him and say he counts as a regular grot shaman until they give moonclan shamans rules. Hopefully my opponents won't throw autism fits about that.

So I just read on their facebook comments they don't "accept unsolicited submissions right now".

As an individual very alien to the world of roleplaying (though this one may interest me), does this happen often? What consist the submissions generally? (And while I know it's going to sound pathetic as all fuck, please bear with me. I'm not a native english nor really "versed" in all this stuff YET)

I admit to not having a strong grasp of the Age of Sigmar/Skirmish rules, but the way it's worded that each model is a unit. Does that mean that if I took Freeguild Handgunners they could all have Long Rifles? Each model is its own unit and thus the leader of its unit, right?

No, the Skirmish rules specifically mentions that for special weapons, the warscrolls restrictions apply, and only one model per warscroll can be a unit champion.

So, this means if it is a unit that lets you have a special weapon for every 5 models, you can only have 1 per 5 models. I suppose this means if you have 6 models, you can have 2 of those special weapons, but it is unclear on that and I think some official clarification would be nice.

Every model is treat as a unique unit for every other aspect though, which can be interesting. For example, if you a have say, 5 tree revenants, now all of them should be able to reroll a different dice with their ability.

>You may only include each warscroll once in each warband.
>You may only take each champion model once per warscroll.

I want to play Skirmish and use a Necromancer I've started making, but the list will end up looking like:

24 Renoun
>Necromancer 22
>Skeleton 2

Skirmish really, really doesn't work below 30 points. I don't even know why they suggested it. I feel like they added the "1 hero minimum" requirement as an after thought and didn't really consider that it would be impossible to get a hero and 2 other models in 25 points for most armies.

My group is starting at 35. I suggest doing that.

I think they want to give you a feeling of growth. Like you basically arrive with one dude and two henchmen and start recrutinv upon arrival in the city.

Could anyone please give me a screenie of a sample skirmish warband for Freeguild? I'd like to join my first ever tourne.

Failing that, a sample Bloodbound band?

Also I can't fucking wait for the RPG!!

Is Tzeentch a good newbie army?

What if I ONLY restricted my collection to stuff I could also use in 40k, at least to start, just in case I don't like AoS? I'm a 40k Necrons player at present, but I could see myself starting a second army of Tzeentch Chaos Daemons.

I'd probably go easy mode and just use the 1000-point list from the OP pastebin, the one you can make by getting two Start Collecting sets.

Where? I can't find it.

Devoted of Sigmar are missing from the Skirmish book, why?

Flaggelants are plastic and the Excelsior Warpriest is also in plastic.

Anyhow, renown cost if we follow the math
>Flagellants: 2 renown
>Excelsior Warpriest: 16 renown

GW probably forgot they existed

Aside from State Troops, what are some good kits for converting Vampire Thralls or other hypnotized humans for a Death army?

Marauders I guess. Nothing else really comes to mind.

Is the Beastmen battalion box and a bray shaman a good start for a beastmen army?

What's in the battalion box? It's been taken off GW's site.

It happens constantly if you have a high-profile IP. They don't want to be sued by some tard who sent in a half-baked idea years ago if they release something even vaguely similiar.

It's standard stuff. When they say they don't accept unsolicited submissions, it means that if you send in any sort of idea for an army, a unit, or a story direction, they ignore it.

Usually they ignore it without even reading it. If you sent in an idea and they used it without crediting you, you could sue them, so on the advice of their lawyers they HAVE to delete your submission unread after making it clear that your submission will not be accepted.

If they did read it and accepted it, they would have to credit you, and possibly pay you. They don't want to do that.

If they read it, rejected it, but then did something similar, you could sue them. Even if they lose, it's still an expensive legal battle. So if they accept and read submissions, they're committing to either accepting them or rejecting them and then NEVER DOING ANYTHING REMOTELY SIMILAR TO THE REJECTED SUBMISSION EVER, unless they clearly state in the terms of submission that they can use your ideas without paying or crediting you, in which case you are accepting those terms by submitting.

Since most ideas they receive will be terrible, this means that accepting submissions under the terms that would avoid getting sued is usually functionally identical to just not accepting submissions at all. So why bother?

Which software do you use to read that EPUB on PC?
I've tried with Calibre, but it fails to visualize it correctly...and btw it also fails to convert it to PDF.

TY!

Readium.

the Chrome's App?
It works! Thank you sir! May Ranald bless you!

BTW: Does Ranald still exist in AoS? :O

the Chrome's App?
It works! Thank you sir! May Ranald bless you!

BTW: Does Ranald still exist in AoS? :O

PS: I forgot to quote your post...sorry: noob fag still learning how to fagging properly

Here is the PDF version of Skirmish:
mediafire.com/file/p8rrwch13rhzxif/AoS-Skirmish.pdf

So I got like... second or third hand info regarding the RPG for Sigmar.

They won't use the funky dice system FFG used. While they still haven't made up their minds on how they want to tackle the setting, they are thinking something along the lines of a fall-out style game with the players being survivors of the Age of Chaos going out to explore.

Thank you!

>They won't use the funky dice system FFG used
Shame, their Star Wars RPG system dice are neat

Aw, you sexy beast. I have the paper one but it's not as handy as digital version

Sigmar have mercy! That plot will be insanely awesome, because AoS has HUGE potential as a post-ap setting. Just set it in the realm of metal and you can have cyborgs! Mutants and magical "radiation" goes from the Realm of Chaos... with theese classic post-ap details you can have dragons, and aelves, and orruks, and as many cool magic stuff you want. I want this setting for FRPG already!

Woo, seems cool!

Any info regarding WFRP 4th edition?

post you're aos ghb 2 wishlist

I just hope I can play as a Lord-Veritant or something similar

>have a qt gryphpupper
>break into peoples homes during dinner parties
>use lantern to expose nobility at the table as chaos cultists
>smite evil with the blade of judgment gifted to me by sigmar

slaneesh was never squatted